General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 17: January 2018 - June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth did Fred shave off his beard? It has taken years off him and he looks more like a chubby-cheeked cherub than a Crown Prince.

:previous: Isn't it his youthful looks that appeals so much to you ladies?

Anyway, summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #1, 2019.
Where a Anna Jensen would like to know whether Mary use reading glasses.

Jon Bloch Skipper responds that she does. And she has apparently begun using reading glasses within the past couple of years. Certainly when she attended the UN general assembly in 2017.
(There is a nice photo of Mary in the article. Her glasses suit her well.)

On the 10th June, on the second day of Whitsun, which is a holiday here in DK.

Whitsun, combined with Constitution Day on the 5th, means that many will take a long weekend off from work and a little run is a good way to end it.

Cherub!!! I wouldn't go that far. But he is morphing into an attractive middle aged man with a little silver in the hair.
We ladies can still admire a distuished gentleman who is no longer youthful.
As for the Royal Run -- does that mean middleaged men in Lycra!
Not sure thats a great look.

You mean I shouldn't wear my brand new silver Lycra??
I look great in it when I stand in front of the mirror, without my glasses. :cool:

Yes, Mrs. Muhler and I decided we would like to take part, should there be a new Royal Run. Perhaps we will cut down on the running bit though - in order to allow others to shine - but we can walk the distance. :cool::queen: = :coffee::coffee:

Muhler you will look great on a Segway. Just wave to the panters and puffers as you go past.
Brand New Silver Lyra!! Someone doesn't like you my dear. If it wasn't a gift then it must have been the salesman.

Great idea, Tarlita!
Then I won't be out of breath when I fall forward and break my nose. ?

It looks pretty good my lycra, you know. With flaming letters on the back saying Silverman. :cool:
(Actually Sølvpilen, but you have to be a middle aged to elderly Dane to understand that one.)
Combined with my new neon-yellow running shoes, the result should be spectacular! :cool:

Anyway, we expect to sign up for the run in Aarhus, if we can get a spot in the official run there. So I'll give you a report when we have recovered.
With a bit of luck we can get our couch-potato of a daughter to take part as well. Won't be easy as she has to let go of her phone...

OMG STOP!! Your description is giving me nightmares. Best of luck anyway and you may even win a prize.
Grab the 2 inch wide grey duct tape from the garage and tape her phone to her hand. She can't complain then surely?

:previous: But you can't talk on the contraption if you are out of breath, right? :D

Anyway, in contrast to last years Royal Run, Frederik will not run in Odense and Esbjerg this year.
That's a pity, people in the two town, especially Esbjerg (which isn't exactly overrun by the DRF) very much appreciated it.

However, I believe I heard with half an ear that Frederik would run in Klaksvig on the Faeroe Islands on the 1st June, and also on the island of Bornholm but not on the 10th.
I hope that's true.

Last edited:
Indeed what fantastic news! It was such a great event that got many involved. And taking place in the Faroe Islands too! On their visit there last summer, they met some of the royal run participants. And again Mary joins in the fun.

"As something new, Royal Run 2019 will be launched as early as June 1, when the Crown Prince runs on the Faroe Islands. On June 10, Crown Prince Royal Run opens One Mile in Aarhus. HRH The Crown Princess supports the race by running 5 km in Aalborg, and the Crown Prince ends the day running 10 km in Copenhagen / Frederiksberg.'"
Royal Run vender tilbage | Kongehuset

article and videos
Kronprinsen inviterer igen danskerne til Royal Run - sådan kan du løbe med - TV 2

http://kongehuset.dk/video-royal-run-vender-tilbage

https://scontent.faep8-1.fna.fbcdn....=9ebd3a86d3371519f0371f78adc0641a&oe=5CD1E368
https://scontent.faep8-1.fna.fbcdn....=e7ccd2865d5cde4788670c360c9d5e78&oe=5CBC6FAC

95,000 like on Instagram so far, I say it has sparked some interest :flowers:

Last edited:
Thanks, Polyesco.

There will be a Royal Run on Bornholm (Big island in the Baltic Sea) but without a royal presence.
Unless of course another royal will go instead. I think it's too optimistic to imagine that Christian would do a solo there, but it's a nice thought.

It is a nice way to interact with the public and stay fit at the same time.

"- When I was with my family in the Faroe Islands, I met some participants that had taken the trip to Denmark to participate in Royal Run. They asked a little bit to know if Royal Run could not be done in the Faroe Islands, and I have taken them on the floor, says the Crown Prince."

here is a picture where he met some of the royal run participants in the Faroe Islands
https://umsit.knassar.fo/media/2018/08/24/media-plus-resized/klaksvík-15.jpg

YAY!!! So glad they are doing it again in 2019! I loved this event last year. Love how Denmark came out for these events. And just adore the CP Couple taking part in the runs!

Indeed what fantastic news! It was such a great event that got many involved. And taking place in the Faroe Islands too! On their visit there last summer, they met some of the royal run participants. And again Mary joins in the fun.

(...)

95,000 like on Instagram so far, I say it has sparked some interest :flowers:

It is a nice way to interact with the public and stay fit at the same time.

"- When I was with my family in the Faroe Islands, I met some participants that had taken the trip to Denmark to participate in Royal Run. They asked a little bit to know if Royal Run could not be done in the Faroe Islands, and I have taken them on the floor, says the Crown Prince."

here is a picture where he met some of the royal run participants in the Faroe Islands
https://umsit.knassar.fo/media/2018/08/24/media-plus-resized/klaksvík-15.jpg

YAY!!! So glad they are doing it again in 2019! I loved this event last year. Love how Denmark came out for these events. And just adore the CP Couple taking part in the runs!

"Royal Run 2019 has had a flying start. The number of registrations after the first 24 hours is larger than last year and we are now more than 16,700 participants.

Thanks for your overwhelming receiving of Royal Run 2019"

Looks like Frederik will be heading to Canada in March
"Greenland gets royal support when the country at the world's largest raw material exhibition in Toronto in Canada is to make its homes green with international raw material companies and investors.
Crown Prince Frederik will be present at the world's largest raw material fair in Canada, thereby creating greater awareness of the Greenlandic raw materials."
https://sermitsiaq.ag/raastof-messekronprins-frederik-kommer-groenland-hjaelp
https://knr.gl/da/nyheder/kronprinsen-skal-hjælpe-grønlands-erhverv-ved-minemesse

:flowers:

The royal run in June:

"The Crown Prince can sell tickets: 54,000 have bought the race number for Royal Run in just two weeks The successor to Crown Prince Frederick's 50th birthday race has now become Denmark's largest one-day event - and there are already sold out in Aarhus."

"We are pleased that every third runner on our mile last year had never run an exercise race before. And this time, it seems that 30 percent of the enrollments across all the distances are debutants, ”says Jakob Larsen, who is also happy to have a women's share of 60 percent - where at other exercise races, 60 percent men.
https://politiken.dk/indland/art7016512/54.000-har-købt-løbsnummer-til-Royal-Run-på-bare-to-uger

great news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, he was killed in a skiing accident in Japan, only about a year after taking over running the manor of Bregentved.
In terms of land, this is the largest estate in DK.

The royal run in June:

"The Crown Prince can sell tickets: 54,000 have bought the race number for Royal Run in just two weeks The successor to Crown Prince Frederick's 50th birthday race has now become Denmark's largest one-day event - and there are already sold out in Aarhus."

"We are pleased that every third runner on our mile last year had never run an exercise race before. And this time, it seems that 30 percent of the enrollments across all the distances are debutants, ”says Jakob Larsen, who is also happy to have a women's share of 60 percent - where at other exercise races, 60 percent men.
https://politiken.dk/indland/art7016512/54.000-har-købt-løbsnummer-til-Royal-Run-på-bare-to-uger

great news!

Thanks to Mrs. Muhler, we have signed up for the event in Aarhus. Three of us. Me, my wife and our daughter. I expect to provide a personal coverage on the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Mrs. Muhler, we have signed up for the event in Aarhus. Three of us. Me, my wife and our daughter. I expect to provide a personal coverage on the day.

This is fantastic! Congratulations on this first step, I wish you and your family a fantastic day.

Good luck, Muhler! I look forward into hearing of your reports and what a fantastic trip for you all. Have a wonderful time.

This is clearly a very tragic event indeed: Muhler, our resident expert in all things Danish, please share the story of this young man so that we can know more about his very short life.

Well, I don't know that much about the person, Count Frederik Christian Moltke.

27 years old, when he died. Lived and worked in London, but planned to return to DK and take over running Bregentved Manor, which is the largest estate in DK, in terms of land.
He was educated at Herlufsholm and graduated as cand.oecon.agro from Copenhagen University.
Not married and no children.
He has two brothers, also counts.

By the few accounts I've heard about him, he was a likable person.

The Moltke family is a large and very influential German noble line from around 1220.
The Danish branch of the family is to this day very prominent and they were established in DK from around 1300.
The main seat of the family in Denmark is Bregentved Manor which dates from 1319.
https://kendte.dk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Bregentved.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Bregentved.jpg
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/22451426.jpg
The family took over the place in 1746.

Bregentved Manor is but one of several in DK well known places associated with or owned by the family.
The most prominent of these places is now known as Frederik VII's Mansion, at Amalienborg. That's the mansion used for representation, that's where the grand New Year Court is held. It was previously known as Moltke's Mansion, until the DRF took over the four mansions that constitute Amalienborg in 1794.

I don't know to what extent he knew M&F, but they would have mingled in the same greater circle of people and certainly several of his family members will also be in the wider circle of friends around the DRF.

------------------------

Thank you for your well wishes. We shall need them when we run out of breath... ;)

Last edited:
Muhler, as always thank you so much for the information, It is very sad indeed so young!
It is very interesting to know about th history of the buildings!

I thought that my former history student brain recognised the surname Moltke - the late Count is part of the Danish side of the Moltke family whom Helmuth James von Moltke was a member of (Helmuth was involved in an anti-Nazi plot to assassinate Hitler and was a leading member of the Kreisau circle during WWII).

I thought that my former history student brain recognised the surname Moltke - the late Count is part of the Danish side of the Moltke family whom Helmuth James von Moltke was a member of (Helmuth was involved in an anti-Nazi plot to assassinate Hitler and was a leading member of the Kreisau circle during WWII).

I see. ?

Ironically it was another Moltke (Helmut von Moltke) who was in charge of implementing the von Schlieffen Plan, the invasion of France in 1914.
The French in particular may thank their lucky star that he was not as competent as his great-uncle, Helmut Karl von Moltke, who is the one who formulated the modern strategic thinking and who was behind setting up the formidable German military general staff-school. (Joachim will be attending the french equivalent.)
His teachings are mandatory reading at military academies even today.
He was also responsible for the Second Schleswigan War having such a disastrous outcome for Denmark.

Last edited:
I see. ?

Ironically it was another Moltke (Helmut von Moltke) who was in charge of implementing the von Schlieffen Plan, the invasion of France in 1914.
The French in particular may thank their lucky star that he was not as competent as his great-uncle, Helmut Karl von Moltke, who is the one who formulated the modern strategic thinking and who was behind setting up the formidable German military general staff-school. (Joachim will be attending the french equivalent.)
His teachings are mandatory reading at military academies even today.
He was also responsible for the Second Schleswigan War having such a disastrous outcome for Denmark.

Interesting. Seems like the Moltke family have always been very involved in issues surrounding wartime.

According to BilledBladet, the Queen visited the CP couple's home today to celebrate Mary's birthday.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/dronning-margrethe-fejrede-mary-paa-amalienborg

"Queen Margrethe arrived in her crown car to the palace early on Tuesday night, and may the Queen be visiting to congratulate Crown Princess Mary on her birthday.

"Crown Prince Frederik was on Tuesday afternoon at work in the inner city, where he officially opened the green and sustainable showroom House of Green, but then he quickly returned to Mary and the children at Amalienborg, where there was a good family home evening."

For evening coffee I imagine.
How very normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom