The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 06:38 PM
Majesty

This is a nice note from Frederik regarding the royal run. That his family (Mary and the kids) are included is very much in line with the Royal Run being for all and that the CP family will be participating as well.

Some encouraging words of patience and taking care of each other.
On another note, Christian has grown, they all have of course, but Christian looks taller.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was just going to say Prince Christian is growing so very fast and his facial features are changing all the time. Perhaps he will be as tall as mormor. Is that right? His grandmother.
To emphasise the point about running they placed the running shoes on the steps possibly for people like me who cannot read Danish but can understand what the topic is that they are trying to convey.

And I thought Queen Margrethe's speech about covid 19 was excellent. Her Majesty really inspires me.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Farmor actually.
Farmor = father's mother = Frederik's mother, QMII.
Mormor = mother's mother = Mary's late mother.
Bedstemor = grandmother or grandmother in general.

Farfar = father's father = Frederik's dad.
Morfar = mother's father = John Donaldson.
Bedstefar = grandfather or grandfather in general.

No need for despair as we have about a zillion names for family members in Danish. Beforehand we used to have even more!
Old 03-25-2020, 11:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Muhler. I will have to write it down.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
I was just going to say Prince Christian is growing so very fast and his facial features are changing all the time. Perhaps he will be as tall as mormor.
Christian is already as tall as - or perhaps taller - than his father (1,83m) which means he is also taller than his farmor (1,80m)
Perhaps he is going to be as tall as his farmors farfar, Christian X. (2,01m) or his farmors far, Frederik IX. (1,98m). There were giants in this family, Margrethe and Frederik are quite small in comparison.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Christian is already as tall as - or perhaps taller - than his father (1,83m) which means he is also taller than his farmor (1,80m)
Perhaps he is going to be as tall as his farmors farfar, Christian X. (2,01m) or his farmors far, Frederik IX. (1,98m). There were giants in this family, Margrethe and Frederik are quite small in comparison.
John Donaldson, Mary's brother John and sister Jane are also quite tall.

https://play.billedbladet.dk/video/d...ige-pulterrum/
Old 03-26-2020, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes Mary's family is quite tall too. I think Mary's mother, Henrietta, may not has been so tall. For when you see Mary with her father and siblings they are all tall except Mary and Patricia

So even though neither Frederik nor Mary fill much in the landscape, their children have good conditions for getting quite tall as most of their grandparents were / are tall people.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Right now, the program "Denmark stands together" is broadcast on TV 2, where Danes from all over the country speak on the special situation that society is currently in.

In this connection, the Crown Prince family has just sent a greeting. See or see it here.

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskeko...1238494744381/
Old 03-28-2020, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, Blog Real.

M&F starts out by talking a little about the current situation and staying at home.
Then they call their children to each give a comment.
Christian misses his friends and being able to do a bit of sports.
Isabella miss her friends but she quite likes the concept about being taught online.
Vincent says it boring!
Fine is busy with her friends on FaceTime.

In the end they send a special greeting to all in the healthcare sector and says hi and take care to everybody.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Such an honest and loving greeting from Denmark's Crown Prince family to Denmark and all our hard workers during this time
I saw it on live TV to night.

It receives countless positive comments on social media.

It's hard not to love this family. They are relatable, likeable, natural and down to earth. And then I love that Frederik & Mary never dictate what the children have to say: They all four are always allowed to answer for themselves and answer straight from the heart. We get many wonderful and honest comments out of that

Also posted on the DRF’s Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-SdjC-...d=6rw14uety8hk

From TV2:
https://underholdning.tv2.dk/2020-03...ra-isolationen
Old 03-28-2020, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I know many of you like to get a full translation when Frederik, Mary and their children speak. Here comes one:

Crown Prince Frederik:
Dear everyone.
The world looks completely different today than it did just weeks ago.
We all miss our normal everyday lives.

Crown-Princess Mary:
Now it is Friday afternoon and we have come out to get some fresh air and move our bodies. It is the second week of home schooling and it has required some restructuring for both the children and parents.

(Mary says it with a smile in her voice because ALL parents, during this time, feels it like a certain change suddenly to have to home school all your children)

The kids play soccer in the background.

Frederik and Mary call on the children.

Crown-Princess Mary:
We talk a little bit about the everyday life...

Crown Prince Frederik:
A different everyday life...

Crown-Princess Mary:
What do you miss most?

Princess Isabella dots Christian in the side.

Prince Christian:
I miss seeing my friends and having a slightly more varied everyday life, where there is like a slightly longer period where you can also be allowed to practice sports and be a little more active.
How about you, Bella?

Princess Isabella:
There are of course your friends you miss, but I actually think it’s a lot of fun with home schooling.

Crown Prince Frederik:
What about you, Vincent?

Prince Vincent:
I think that home schooling is very boring.

The family can't help but laugh.
(Prince Vincent really is the honestest in that family )

Crown Prince Frederik:
And what about you, Josephine?

Princess Josephine:
I FaceTime with all my friends right here.

Crown Princess Mary to Josephine:
And that's nice?

Princess Josephine:
Yes.

Here after the Crown Prince family sent a heartfelt thank you to all those who work hard for Denmark to get through the corona crisis.

Crown Prince Frederik:
We would like to thank all those who work hard so that we can all get through this difficult time.

Crown Princess Mary:
Those of you who are on the front line, those of you who treat, care and help those who need it.

Crown Prince Frederik:
Those of you who hold together the community and the most important functions. You make a vital effort. Thank you very much for that.

The entire Crown Prince family in chorus:
Take care of yourself and take care of each other.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The way Christian asked Isabella for her opinion was so cute! He seems to have quite a mature personality. He is growing into a lovely young man.
Props to Vincent for honesty!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-28-2020, 07:57 PM
Majesty

Wonderful message from the family. I love how the kids also gave their opinions.
Thank you for the translations!
Old 03-28-2020, 10:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mang tak Roskilde and I agree with your post no 450.
It is really easy to love this down to earth family.

And we must also thank all the food producers for continuing the supply to shops while we self isolate.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
I know many of you like to get a full translation when Frederik, Mary and their children speak. Here comes one:

Crown Prince Frederik:
Dear everyone.
The world looks completely different today than it did just weeks ago.
We all miss our normal everyday lives.

Crown-Princess Mary:
Now it is Friday afternoon and we have come out to get some fresh air and move our bodies. It is the second week of home schooling and it has required some restructuring for both the children and parents.

(Mary says it with a smile in her voice because ALL parents, during this time, feels it like a certain change suddenly to have to home school all your children)

The kids play soccer in the background.

Frederik and Mary call on the children.

Crown-Princess Mary:
We talk a little bit about the everyday life...

Crown Prince Frederik:
A different everyday life...

Crown-Princess Mary:
What do you miss most?

Princess Isabella dots Christian in the side.

Prince Christian:
I miss seeing my friends and having a slightly more varied everyday life, where there is like a slightly longer period where you can also be allowed to practice sports and be a little more active.
How about you, Bella?

Princess Isabella:
There are of course your friends you miss, but I actually think it’s a lot of fun with home schooling.

Crown Prince Frederik:
What about you, Vincent?

Prince Vincent:
I think that home schooling is very boring.

The family can't help but laugh.
(Prince Vincent really is the honestest in that family )

Crown Prince Frederik:
And what about you, Josephine?

Princess Josephine:
I FaceTime with all my friends right here.

Crown Princess Mary to Josephine:
And that's nice?

Princess Josephine:
Yes.

Here after the Crown Prince family sent a heartfelt thank you to all those who work hard for Denmark to get through the corona crisis.

Crown Prince Frederik:
We would like to thank all those who work hard so that we can all get through this difficult time.

Crown Princess Mary:
Those of you who are on the front line, those of you who treat, care and help those who need it.

Crown Prince Frederik:
Those of you who hold together the community and the most important functions. You make a vital effort. Thank you very much for that.

The entire Crown Prince family in chorus:
Take care of yourself and take care of each other.

Thanks for the translation Tarlita!
This is how it should be done.
Other RFs take note.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:51 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the translation of what they said!

I love this family (all the royal family); they are so down to earth.

https://styledemary.blogspot.com/
Old 03-29-2020, 05:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
The way Christian asked Isabella for her opinion was so cute! He seems to have quite a mature personality. He is growing into a lovely young man.
Props to Vincent for honesty!
I think when it comes to being "lovely", no kid will ever beat Vincent! One can already sense that in may be 4 or 5 years many danish girls will have a crush on him!
Old 03-29-2020, 05:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Duke of Marmalade you mean Roskilde.

Cheers T.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Duke of Marmalade you mean Roskilde.

Cheers T.

Ohhh sorry, Thank you Roskilde of course!
Old 04-01-2020, 04:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

M&F and children's greeting to the Danes and especially the healthcare workers have been met with an overwhelmingly positive response.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...i-er-saa-soede

- As you will notice BB has changed and modernized their layout.
But nothing in English.

However, that could change, if enough of you mail them and request at least a section in English covering the DRF.
Now that the journalists have less to do, the magazine may be more inclined to do at least a trial run in English.
It is something I know quite a few Australians have wished for some time, so why not try it?

Here is BB's contact section:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kontakt

Closed Thread