The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Majesty

Agree, a wise decision for the CP couple and family to be home during this state of emergency.
I hope the kids and Mary and Frederik enjoyed this wonderful experience in Switzerland.

Old 03-12-2020, 01:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

A pity.
But it is a very sound move.

Not only in relation to showing sympathy for the Danes in Denmark, but because it would be an odd signal to send, if they chose to stay on, while the Danish government is pleading people to reconsider going on holiday abroad, and where they go. - Verbier being a popular holiday destination.

Old 03-13-2020, 03:22 AM
Courtier

The Johns Hopkins COVID-19 mapping shows Switzerland at 652 cases and Denmark at 617 cases. Despite not a wide spread between case numbers probably better to return to the safety and comfort of their home in Denmark and where the optics look better.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Crown Prince Family has decided that the family will leave from Switzerland and return to Denmark the Palace announced:

"In light of the worsening situation in Denmark in connection with the handling of the spread of COVID-19, the Crown Prince couple has decided that the family will leave home from Switzerland. The Crown Prince couple finds it most natural to return home and stand with the Danes in a time that requires a lot of everyone and where there is a shared responsibility for looking after each other.

On January 6, 2020, your Royal Highnesses Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine embarked on a 12-week school break at Lemania-Verbier in Switzerland. Thus, the school stay is discontinued ahead of time, and all four children, when public institutions re-open in Denmark, will continue their education at Tranegårdskolen in Gentofte."

Kronprinsfamilien vender hjem | Kongehuset
That is sad, but completely understandable. It is important they go home to Denmark, firstly to support the Queen and to support the Danish people
Old 03-13-2020, 05:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
The Johns Hopkins COVID-19 mapping shows Switzerland at 652 cases and Denmark at 617 cases. Despite not a wide spread between case numbers probably better to return to the safety and comfort of their home in Denmark and where the optics look better.
The optics in Denmark do not look better than in Switzerland. In fact, in the press conference given by the Danish Prime Minister and Health Minister it was stated that Denmark is now the country in Europe with the most dramatic rise in case numbers. And that's why there are quite extreme measures set now.

In my country - Austria - and also in Denmark all schools are closed from next week on. I don't know about Switzerland but if the schools are closed there too the family/children would not have a reason to stay any longer.

I hope they at least enjoyed the time they had there.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
The optics in Denmark do not look better than in Switzerland. In fact, in the press conference given by the Danish Prime Minister and Health Minister it was stated that Denmark is now the country in Europe with the most dramatic rise in case numbers. And that's why there are quite extreme measures set now.

In my country - Austria - and also in Denmark all schools are closed from next week on. I don't know about Switzerland but if the schools are closed there too the family/children would not have a reason to stay any longer.

I hope they at least enjoyed the time they had there.
I interpreted Lady Daly’s comment about optics looking better in Denmark to mean it looks better for the Crown Prince and his family to be in home in Denmark rather than be living another country—not that conditions were better in Denmark.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's sad to hear the children have had to return to Denmark but it's for the best, especially as they are at an international school and will thus have pupils and their families travelling from several countries across the world to the school.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-15-2020, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

It's nice to say that they want to stand with the Danes, but with schools closing in Switzerland, it's the one option they had.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It's nice to say that they want to stand with the Danes, but with schools closing in Switzerland, it's the one option they had.
Or because the decision to return to Denmark has more to do with the decisions made by the Danish government...
Things have escalated very quickly in Denmark and all over the world during the past week.

The (big) decision to close schools, other institutions, send home public servants etc etc was made by the government on Tuesday, then the press release to return to Denmark not long after that and then the closing of borders.

The decision to close the Swiss schools seems to have been made on Friday. There was nothing, still isn't, about closing of the school(s) on the school website.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Big changes have been happening every few hours in most countries over the last few days and people have to make quick decisions which best suit their situation.
I believe Fred and Mary absolutely made the correct decision.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

The school M&F's children attended in Switzerland has closed today and will remain closed for the time being.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...kker-i-schweiz
Old 03-25-2020, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/ma...benhavn-aflyst

The annual Copenhagen Marathon is cancelled due to the corona crisis. Not postphoned, but cancelled. It should have been held on 16. May.

So I start to worry about Royal Run 2020 this year. It will be held on 2. June, so still some time. But the hope is running out. It is such a wonderful event!
And it will be a extra pity this year where the Royal Run comes to Southern Jutland on the occasion of the celebration due to the reunion with Denmark.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Run has been postponed until September 6th. The part of the run planned to take place in Nuuk on Greenland will take place on August 30th.

http://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/royal-r...til-efteraaret
Old 03-25-2020, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Personale message from Frederik, Mary and children:

‘We have all in the family been looking forward to take on our running shoes for the Royal Run. However, due to the current situation with COVID-19/coronavirus, we unfortunately have to postpone this year's running party to September 6 in Denmark and August 30 in Greenland.

We would like to encourage all running people - young and old - to maintain the joy and enthusiasm for exercise, to follow the recommendations of the authorities and to have patience.

We all six hope that the Royal Run can become a major gathering after the summer holiday and that everyone will take care of themselves - and each other.“

And with a lovely new photo of the Crown Prince family:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-KG6PBg...F-3171D95B25A8

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...composer=false
Old 03-25-2020, 01:06 PM
Majesty

No word for the Danes who have the Covid !
Old 03-25-2020, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Were you equally surprised by the lack of "word for the Danes who have the Covid" in the statement about Joachim and Marie's return home yesterday? Or do you reserve that kind of fake outrage for Mary and Frederik specifically?

Old 03-25-2020, 02:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post

Personale message from Frederik, Mary and children:

‘We have all in the family been looking forward to take on our running shoes for the Royal Run. However, due to the current situation with COVID-19/coronavirus, we unfortunately have to postpone this year's running party to September 6 in Denmark and August 30 in Greenland.

We would like to encourage all running people - young and old - to maintain the joy and enthusiasm for exercise, to follow the recommendations of the authorities and to have patience.

We all six hope that the Royal Run can become a major gathering after the summer holiday and that everyone will take care of themselves - and each other.“

And with a lovely new photo of the Crown Prince family:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-KG6PBg...F-3171D95B25A8

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...composer=false
What a wonderful message- we must all look out for over selves and each other. Patience is key during these times.
Im glad that it was postponed and not cancelled all together. Im sure there will be more than one who is ready to run and run after this crisis.

Nice family picture as well, it's been awhile since we seen them all together so it's nice. Can't complain about the Frederik solo picture either
Old 03-25-2020, 04:23 PM
Majesty

It is the general attitude of the Royal Family at this time.
Of course RIgshospitalet has special rooms for the Royal Family , France does not have. Therefore Prince Joachim decided to leave France for the hospitalisation of his Son Henrik. A shame for the French Doctors.
For Frederick and Mary I compared their attitude with my Royal Family.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Of course RIgshospitalet has special rooms for the Royal Family , France does not have. Therefore Prince Joachim decided to leave France for the hospitalisation of his Son Henrik. A shame for the French Doctors.
Three things.

1) This was an information directed mainly at those who were to take part in Royal Run or attend the events. - There is no need to add a note to every message expressing sympathy for all the infected.

2) It has emerged today that Henrik has been undergoing treatment at Rigshospitalet for years. So it is IMO only natural that they choose to bring their son back to DK where he knows the doctors, nurses and surroundings and even though Henrik is probably good at French by now, explaining your medical condition in details would be a challenge even for adults.
Also, given the circumstances I think French doctors have plenty to do right now!

3) Given the circumstances I find this "my royal family is more compassionate than your royal family" in poor taste and to be honest offensive as well!
Old 03-25-2020, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
You clearly haven't seen the notice that Margrethe's birthday celebrations have been postponed due to COVID-19 or the Coronavirus fund the CP family are doing right now. I'd advise you to look on Kongehuset's website, Instagram and YouTube channels. Now is not the time for petty comparison games.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread