The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 07:25 AM
Majesty

A wise decision. Frederik and Mary must be in Denmark at this difficult time for everyone.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Eya.

So sad the family’s stay should end like this. They really deserved it. But it’s a wise and loving decision. This is respect. It shows a future King and Queen who will stand behind and beside their people. I very well understand Frederik and Mary feel a commitment to return home before the borders possibly close.
Wise decision, but sad for the family.
I'm glad they got the 9-10 weeks out of 12 weeks with, after all.

Old 03-12-2020, 10:44 AM
Majesty

it seems hardly disruptive as they were nearing the end of their stay anyway...
Old 03-12-2020, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
it seems hardly disruptive as they were nearing the end of their stay anyway...
The kids are missing their last 3 weeks of the education they have been receiving.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Thanks Eya.

So sad the family’s stay should end like this. They really deserved it. But it’s a wise and loving decision. This is respect. It shows a future King and Queen who will stand behind and beside their people. I very well understand Frederik and Mary feel a commitment to return home before the borders possibly close.
Wise decision, but sad for the family.
I'm glad they got the 9-10 weeks out of 12 weeks with, after all.
Agreed. I'm sure it wasn't a decision they wanted to have to make but it is the right one and speaks highly of them and their willingness and ability to perform their future roles. It's also a good model for Prince Christian in his own future role as he watches his parents make a decision and more forward for the good of the country.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:49 AM
Majesty

Agree, a wise decision for the CP couple and family to be home during this state of emergency.
I hope the kids and Mary and Frederik enjoyed this wonderful experience in Switzerland.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

A pity.
But it is a very sound move.

Not only in relation to showing sympathy for the Danes in Denmark, but because it would be an odd signal to send, if they chose to stay on, while the Danish government is pleading people to reconsider going on holiday abroad, and where they go. - Verbier being a popular holiday destination.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:22 AM
Courtier

The Johns Hopkins COVID-19 mapping shows Switzerland at 652 cases and Denmark at 617 cases. Despite not a wide spread between case numbers probably better to return to the safety and comfort of their home in Denmark and where the optics look better.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Crown Prince Family has decided that the family will leave from Switzerland and return to Denmark the Palace announced:

"In light of the worsening situation in Denmark in connection with the handling of the spread of COVID-19, the Crown Prince couple has decided that the family will leave home from Switzerland. The Crown Prince couple finds it most natural to return home and stand with the Danes in a time that requires a lot of everyone and where there is a shared responsibility for looking after each other.

On January 6, 2020, your Royal Highnesses Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine embarked on a 12-week school break at Lemania-Verbier in Switzerland. Thus, the school stay is discontinued ahead of time, and all four children, when public institutions re-open in Denmark, will continue their education at Tranegårdskolen in Gentofte."

Kronprinsfamilien vender hjem | Kongehuset
That is sad, but completely understandable. It is important they go home to Denmark, firstly to support the Queen and to support the Danish people
Old 03-13-2020, 04:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
The Johns Hopkins COVID-19 mapping shows Switzerland at 652 cases and Denmark at 617 cases. Despite not a wide spread between case numbers probably better to return to the safety and comfort of their home in Denmark and where the optics look better.
The optics in Denmark do not look better than in Switzerland. In fact, in the press conference given by the Danish Prime Minister and Health Minister it was stated that Denmark is now the country in Europe with the most dramatic rise in case numbers. And that's why there are quite extreme measures set now.

In my country - Austria - and also in Denmark all schools are closed from next week on. I don't know about Switzerland but if the schools are closed there too the family/children would not have a reason to stay any longer.

I hope they at least enjoyed the time they had there.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
The optics in Denmark do not look better than in Switzerland. In fact, in the press conference given by the Danish Prime Minister and Health Minister it was stated that Denmark is now the country in Europe with the most dramatic rise in case numbers. And that's why there are quite extreme measures set now.

In my country - Austria - and also in Denmark all schools are closed from next week on. I don't know about Switzerland but if the schools are closed there too the family/children would not have a reason to stay any longer.

I hope they at least enjoyed the time they had there.
I interpreted Lady Daly’s comment about optics looking better in Denmark to mean it looks better for the Crown Prince and his family to be in home in Denmark rather than be living another country—not that conditions were better in Denmark.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's sad to hear the children have had to return to Denmark but it's for the best, especially as they are at an international school and will thus have pupils and their families travelling from several countries across the world to the school.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-15-2020, 03:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

It's nice to say that they want to stand with the Danes, but with schools closing in Switzerland, it's the one option they had.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It's nice to say that they want to stand with the Danes, but with schools closing in Switzerland, it's the one option they had.
Or because the decision to return to Denmark has more to do with the decisions made by the Danish government...
Things have escalated very quickly in Denmark and all over the world during the past week.

The (big) decision to close schools, other institutions, send home public servants etc etc was made by the government on Tuesday, then the press release to return to Denmark not long after that and then the closing of borders.

The decision to close the Swiss schools seems to have been made on Friday. There was nothing, still isn't, about closing of the school(s) on the school website.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Big changes have been happening every few hours in most countries over the last few days and people have to make quick decisions which best suit their situation.
I believe Fred and Mary absolutely made the correct decision.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

The school M&F's children attended in Switzerland has closed today and will remain closed for the time being.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...kker-i-schweiz
Old 03-25-2020, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/ma...benhavn-aflyst

The annual Copenhagen Marathon is cancelled due to the corona crisis. Not postphoned, but cancelled. It should have been held on 16. May.

So I start to worry about Royal Run 2020 this year. It will be held on 2. June, so still some time. But the hope is running out. It is such a wonderful event!
And it will be a extra pity this year where the Royal Run comes to Southern Jutland on the occasion of the celebration due to the reunion with Denmark.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:33 PM
Majesty

Right now, the program "Denmark stands together" is broadcast on TV 2, where Danes from all over the country speak on the special situation that society is currently in.

In this connection, the Crown Prince family has just sent a greeting. See or see it here.

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskeko...1238494744381/
Old 03-28-2020, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, Blog Real.

M&F starts out by talking a little about the current situation and staying at home.
Then they call their children to each give a comment.
Christian misses his friends and being able to do a bit of sports.
Isabella miss her friends but she quite likes the concept about being taught online.
Vincent says it boring!
Fine is busy with her friends on FaceTime.

In the end they send a special greeting to all in the healthcare sector and says hi and take care to everybody.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Such an honest and loving greeting from Denmark's Crown Prince family to Denmark and all our hard workers during this time
I saw it on live TV to night.

It receives countless positive comments on social media.

It's hard not to love this family. They are relatable, likeable, natural and down to earth. And then I love that Frederik & Mary never dictate what the children have to say: They all four are always allowed to answer for themselves and answer straight from the heart. We get many wonderful and honest comments out of that

Also posted on the DRF’s Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-SdjC-...d=6rw14uety8hk

From TV2:
https://underholdning.tv2.dk/2020-03...ra-isolationen

Closed Thread