The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 04:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

So far can only find the 2009 incident. But I will keep looking.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daily Mail has the story about Frederik's surgery:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...itzerland.html

Billed Bladet has listed the times Frederik has been injured:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...e-foerste-gang

Haven't got time for a summary, but I hope you can work it out anyway.

Mush more ominously BT lists a number of royal skiing accidents, including one that eventually ended up in a fatality.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/her-er-de-k...m-endte-fatalt

Old 02-19-2020, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hope Frederik makes a speedy recovery!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-20-2020, 07:14 AM
Majesty

Two of my nephews managed to injure their shoulders, both required surgery. One was cross country trail riding pedal poet and the other was cross country trail riding on a motocross bike. Once you are off the road sporting, stuff happens.

One thing I have noted is that when required the Danes all wear the requisite safety apparel.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

https://www.bt.dk/royale/skadet-kron...ndvier-sygehus

A video and photos of Frederik today opening a - wait for it - a hospital. Southern Jutland Hospital to be exact.

Frederik said that his family had been supportive and when asked whether he had been injured on a black route, he merely smiled.

Update.

According to Billed Bladet, which quote Frederik himself, he injured himself skiing into a rock.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:09 AM
Majesty

I love it, rather than some daredevil tale of dareing do" by "action man" the Crown Prince, we get a 50+ year old man ruefully explaining that "stuff happens" even if you are the CP.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Today Mary has shared some lovely new photos, mainly of the family's dog Grace in Verbier, Switzerland:

** kongehuset gallery **
Old 02-24-2020, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful photos! Crown Princess Mary takes beautiful evocative photos - and she always take all her photos out in the nature.
Nice greeting from Switzerland. Although it delight my heart they get these months as a family, it’s difficult not to miss Mary and the children.

The kids have a week's 'winter break' from school this week.
I have thought about if they all will travel home to Denmark during the week as both Frederik and Mary has official events in Denmark at the end of the week.
Maybe they're all coming home during the next days or maybe Mary is just traveling home for her official duties like last time. Maybe we will see.

Last week Frederik was listed as regent from 26. February to 12. March.
I thought it was a long time he had to be away from his family thinking about how close a family they are.
And I was right; the calendar is now updated so that Frederik is regent until 2. March and here after Benedikte takes over to 12. March. I guess that means Frederik will be going back to his wife and children again.
They strike me as a family with a very close bond and I'm glad they get these months together. Something they will not regret one day they lie old in their bed and look back on life. The time they spent on their children and family. And they may not get the opportunity again the next many years.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:27 PM
Majesty

Agree completely Roskilde!
Always lovely when we get some photos of the family dog. The one with Vincent is beautiful. And Mary is looking great.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daily Mail brings the story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...g-holiday.html
Old 03-03-2020, 12:44 PM
Majesty

"When participants in the Royal Run 2020 cross the finish line, they will receive a redesigned medal around their neck.
The appearance of the medal has just been revealed, and here H.K.H. The Crown Prince it presented. In addition to being made of zinc, the medal has a cord woven from recycled plastic. The Royal Run will be launched on June 1 in Sønderborg and then continue in Aalborg and Odense as well as Copenhagen and Frederiksberg. In addition, Royal Run will again be held at Bornholm, though without royal participation. Four days before the launch goes to Royal Run 2020, H.K.H. Crown Prince of Greenland to kick off the Royal Run in the capital Nuuk."
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9Rhy6eg...ource=ig_embed

Lovely pic!
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...d3&oe=5E82F06B
Old 03-03-2020, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Beautiful and sustainable design
Crown Prince Frederik has just presented the medal on the Royal's social media and it is made of zinc and seven centimeters in diameter.

Sustainability has also been envisaged in the medal, with the medal cord being woven from recycled plastic and smaller than in previous years to reduce the carbon
footprint.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...t-om-royal-run
Old 03-11-2020, 11:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Do you recall the Holck family, who tragically lost three of their four children at at terrorist attack in Sri Lanka?
You will also recall how M&F and their children attended the funeral?

https://www.bt.dk/samfund/efter-trag...aet-tvillinger

They have now had twins. Two girls and they are very delighted with the new addition to their family.
Good, may it help them heal some of their wounds.

- I suspect they decided or were perhaps even advised to have more children as soon as possible, as a part of the coping-process.
Considering their age, it's astonishingly fast they conceived these twins, and the fact that it is twins, suggest to me they got some help.
No matter what, anything that will help them and their surviving daughter is beneficial IMO.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Do you recall the Holck family, who tragically lost three of their four children at at terrorist attack in Sri Lanka?

You will also recall how M&F and their children attended the funeral?

https://www.bt.dk/samfund/efter-trag...aet-tvillinger

They have now had twins. Two girls and they are very delighted with the new addition to their family.

Good, may it help them heal some of their wounds.

- I suspect they decided or were perhaps even advised to have more children as soon as possible, as a part of the coping-process.

Considering their age, it's astonishingly fast they conceived these twins, and the fact that it is twins, suggest to me they got some help.

No matter what, anything that will help them and their surviving daughter is beneficial IMO.

Oh that is wonderful news. This won’t replace those that are gone but it’s some way to healing wounds.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Crown Prince Family has decided that the family will leave from Switzerland and return to Denmark the Palace announced:

"In light of the worsening situation in Denmark in connection with the handling of the spread of COVID-19, the Crown Prince couple has decided that the family will leave home from Switzerland. The Crown Prince couple finds it most natural to return home and stand with the Danes in a time that requires a lot of everyone and where there is a shared responsibility for looking after each other.

On January 6, 2020, your Royal Highnesses Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine embarked on a 12-week school break at Lemania-Verbier in Switzerland. Thus, the school stay is discontinued ahead of time, and all four children, when public institutions re-open in Denmark, will continue their education at Tranegårdskolen in Gentofte."

Kronprinsfamilien vender hjem | Kongehuset
Old 03-12-2020, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

A wise decision. Frederik and Mary must be in Denmark at this difficult time for everyone.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Eya.

So sad the family’s stay should end like this. They really deserved it. But it’s a wise and loving decision. This is respect. It shows a future King and Queen who will stand behind and beside their people. I very well understand Frederik and Mary feel a commitment to return home before the borders possibly close.
Wise decision, but sad for the family.
I'm glad they got the 9-10 weeks out of 12 weeks with, after all.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:44 AM
Majesty

it seems hardly disruptive as they were nearing the end of their stay anyway...
Old 03-12-2020, 12:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
it seems hardly disruptive as they were nearing the end of their stay anyway...
The kids are missing their last 3 weeks of the education they have been receiving.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Thanks Eya.

So sad the family’s stay should end like this. They really deserved it. But it’s a wise and loving decision. This is respect. It shows a future King and Queen who will stand behind and beside their people. I very well understand Frederik and Mary feel a commitment to return home before the borders possibly close.
Wise decision, but sad for the family.
I'm glad they got the 9-10 weeks out of 12 weeks with, after all.
Agreed. I'm sure it wasn't a decision they wanted to have to make but it is the right one and speaks highly of them and their willingness and ability to perform their future roles. It's also a good model for Prince Christian in his own future role as he watches his parents make a decision and more forward for the good of the country.

Closed Thread