General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 17: January 2018 - June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Danes have no doubt: Crown Prince Frederik becomes a good king
"This is what a majority of Danes believe, at least in a new YouGov study. Asked 'To what extent do you think Crown Prince Frederick will be a good king?' 49 per cent answered 'to a very high degree', while 26 per cent of respondents answered 'to a large extent'."
https://www.bt.dk/royale/danskerne-...7tMkofk63w_aqOoXvp5JRqXjWFWrUA2UHwfhmprW2JMTI

CP Frederik visit to a hairdresser this morning:

"I'm probably not the only one who has been a hairdresser today. ⁣
Fortunately, it is now possible for hairdressers and other smaller companies and stores to stay open on top of a long shutdown. ⁣

I would like to thank everyone for being so adaptable and for helping keep the wheels going for a period that requires a lot of us all."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_M2T6egzqo/

Yes, some service businesses have opened today.

I had a vetting process with my dentist on the phone today before she would take me next month though. And only then because I can sense something that is not quite right with a tooth of mine. And that's fine with me.
It's a heck of a process for the dentist, because they are required to basically wrap their patients in protective gear both for the sake of the patient and themselves.

What a fun way to support the reopening of small businesses in Denmark! A picture at the hairdresser.
Great idea.

Article on Frederik's post
https://www.bt.dk/royale/se-billedet-kronprins-frederik-har-vaeret-til-frisoer

The message is important
"I would like to thank everyone for being so*readily prepared*and for helping keep the wheels running for a period that requires a lot of us all."

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha...love it! And yes, very relatable!

Still, a typical 'guy's thing . . . his new haircut makes him look like he told the Barber "to just cut it all off" which, to be honest is probably what a lot of men said an more than a few women too.

Covid hair is probably "a thing" as so many ended up looking delightfully shaggy. Me, since I seem to turn over so often, I look like a chook, flat at the back and sides and standing straight up on top!

Would that be so the children have more room to play? I assume it will increase travel time to and from school for Josephine and Vincent.

From today 24 April , the Crown Prince Family will be taking up residence in the Kancellihuset at Fredensborg Castle, where will be staying in the coming months.

Kronprinsparret tager residens i Kancellihuset | Kongehuset

I can well understand them.

The weather is fine, it has a big private garden and the new riding area right out in front of the front door. A big park to run in, with and without a dog.
It's unlikely Isabella and Christian will start in school again this side of the summer holiday starting in late June.
It's not that much longer for Josephine and Vincent to be driven to and from school.
M&F still mainly work from home.
And they can quietly pop over to see QMII. Even in accordance with the strictest interpretation of doing so: Outside, maintaining a distance.

Lovely to hear Frederik, Mary and children (and Grace) move ‘home to’ Kancellihuset during these times.
It is a lovely house in wonderful green nature, and where Frederik and Mary began their life ❤️

Must be nice! The pool area still needs a facelift though

Thanks Polyesco. :flowers:

That deserves a summary.

The court has confirmed that it is the intention of M&F to take up residence at Kancellihuset for periods at a time, not just the occasional visit.
(So I guess they will make it their summer residence, until they take over Fredensborg at some point.)
They will stay there for the coming months. (Presumably until late summer.)

The building is from 1731.
There are almost 30 rooms.
Six living rooms, three dining rooms and a number of bedrooms, childrens bedrooms and guestrooms.
the ground floor is 700 square meters, the first floor 450 square meters.
- IIRC their residence at Amalienborg is some 2.000 square meters.
To put it into perspective: the average house for a family of four here in DK is typically between 120-160 square meters.

The pool in the garden will no doubt be a welcome diversion in the summer. Because depending on the situation M&F may not move that much around this summer. Usually they go to the area around Tisvildeleje, not that far from Fredensborg. Then to Skagen and Trend, before going to Gråsten and sometimes a trip abroad as well.

With a picture from last friday of Mary with Isabella driving a horse trailer.
https://realityportalen.dk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/henrik-r-pettersen.jpg

Thanks Polyesco.

I remember Mary some years ago took a driver's license to ride a horse trailer. We know Frederik and Mary likes to do the things themselves.

We have had great Spring weather the last weeks.
Now we have some days with rain all day.

It must be a joy for Mary that Isabella and Josephine are as fond of horses as their mother. It gives you so many good hours when you have shared hobbies with your children. We know that Mary herself as a child spent a lot of time on horses with her mother.

Moving to Kancellihuset, and during this ‘stay at home’ time during the corona, plus the four kids aren’t so small anymore, must do Mary now have more free time for her big hobby again: Horses. It’s great.

Last edited:
Photo taken by Mary
Frederik lighting the candle for the anniversary
"It is the evening on the 75th anniversary of the announcement*of Denmark's liberation, and at Fredensborg Palace and Amalienborg, Her Majesty the Queen has lit candles in the windows.*In the Chancellory House, the Crown Prince couple, together with the children, also lit candles on this special May evening.*
The lights are lit to mark the Danish liberation from the German occupation in 1945.

The announcement of the German surrender came on the evening of May 4, but finally came into force the day after 8:00."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_xz9jWA2Pt/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I think it is the small gestures like these that make the meaning of a tradition more poignant. What a tough time the people of Europe suffered throughout the second world war. Liberation and the ending of a nightmare must have felt like a huge relief. And tough economic times continued for many years.

Photo taken by Mary
Frederik lighting the candle for the anniversary
"It is the evening on the 75th anniversary of the announcement*of Denmark's liberation, and at Fredensborg Palace and Amalienborg, Her Majesty the Queen has lit candles in the windows.*In the Chancellory House, the Crown Prince couple, together with the children, also lit candles on this special May evening.*
The lights are lit to mark the Danish liberation from the German occupation in 1945.

The announcement of the German surrender came on the evening of May 4, but finally came into force the day after 8:00."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_xz9jWA2Pt/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Lovely photos! Mary has a good eye for photography.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_71WY3gxOq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

"Tomorrow night at 20:00 we have planned to go to the theater, but in a slightly different way than we usually do. ⁣

The Royal Theater has started a good initiative where it is possible to experience setups from home, now that theaters must keep closed for the time being. Tomorrow night you can see, among other things, the performance The College Songbook online - a piece we unfortunately did not get to experience live.⁣

Now we look forward to seeing the performance at home from the couch. We hope more people want to see us? ⁣

The performance can be found via the theater's website kglteater.dk/xtra⁣

Kronprinsparret"

A way to show support.

Yes, as I understand it the actors interact online from their homes or some other place with considerable distance between the performers.

It does require a lot more acting skills than usual, because you don't get the usual input and ques from your fellow actors. You have to act up against a monitor.

----

From Monday the older classes at school can begin to return, but with considerable precautions that varies from school to school and municipality to municipality.
Some schools plane to introduce shift-schooling. Half a class go to school one day, while the other half are online at home, and then change the next day.
That includes Christian and Isabella.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_71WY3gxOq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

"Tomorrow night at 20:00 we have planned to go to the theater, but in a slightly different way than we usually do. ⁣

The Royal Theater has started a good initiative where it is possible to experience setups from home, now that theaters must keep closed for the time being. Tomorrow night you can see, among other things, the performance The College Songbook online - a piece we unfortunately did not get to experience live.⁣

Now we look forward to seeing the performance at home from the couch. We hope more people want to see us? ⁣

The performance can be found via the theater's website kglteater.dk/xtra⁣

Kronprinsparret"

A way to show support.

And the Crown Prince Couple enjoy tonight theater from their couch!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_-gBBDAwlP/

And the Crown Prince Couple enjoy tonight theater from their couch!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_-gBBDAwlP/

Wonderful post from the Crown Prince Couple.
Who has a Crown Prince couple like us?
So cozy, homely and down to earth a photo ❤️

I hope Frederik and Mary enjoyed the performance together home on the couch with their feet up - like so many other Danes.

The two pictures characterize the Danish Crown Prince couple well. They really master the balance between being royal and folksy.

Need I say that the DRF’s booms with very positive comments?

A few of them:

'I really love the Crown Prince couple. We are so lucky to have such fantastic examples in Denmark. There is plenty of knowledge and intelligence, but also room for great emotions, good humor and down to earth experiences shared with us. So wonderful.'

'Absolutely great way to communicate. You understand to fulfill your roles and also in a modern way.’

‘The Crown Prince couple have the love and respect of the people’

‘The Crown Prince couple really is the main reason we have the world's best and coolest royal family. They give the Danish Royal House something very special.
I’m so fond of Frederik and Mary. Thank you for always supporting Danish cultural experiences.’

'Great that you share such ordinary everyday pictures'

'Love that there are wires and mess behind the television and that it is not a 70 inch television. The best Crown Prince Couple in the world. You can fell them as human beings'

I love your post Roskilde. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom