The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 04:47 PM
Majesty

Frederik, Mary and their kids, with friends out on the Dannebrog
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx4zIiXl...ource=ig_embed
In the first video you can see the kids and second video Frederik and Mary.
maybe celebrating Frederik's birthday, which is tomorrow, with friends

Old 05-26-2019, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Polyesco

Yes they were having lunch at Sletten Habour

You can see Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine in the first boat with the Heering family (Peter and Caroline Heering and their two daugthers).
Next boat with Frederik and Mary and some friends I didn't recognize in the video.

I too think it was a birthday lunch for Frederik who has birthday today.

Another photo from a private Dane as the family leaves for lunch:

"Crown Prince of Denmark taking his family out for a boat ride. #copenhagen #denmark #royal"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx4lF9pn...ource=ig_embed

Old 05-26-2019, 03:18 PM
Majesty

How nice. Looks like nice days.
The DRF has shared an old-but handsome picture for Frederik's birthday today
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx6qMgbgBFD/
Old 05-26-2019, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Nice to see the family with their friends. I'm sure it was a good trip for the children as well having missed their parents whilst they were on their visit to South Korea.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-26-2019, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

On the occasion of Frederik's birthday today I have seen some "One year ago today" remembering his wonderful 50th birthday last year:

1: His wife's personal, touching, funny, honest and very loving speech:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...phcN&__tn__=-R

One year ago today.

Crown Princess Mary later stated: "I wanted to talk to my husband. To touch him and tell him what he is for me. I wanted to invite others - to let them see what I see, the Frederik I love, to take them on the journey that has been ours."

Today is exactly one year ago that the Crown Prince and the entire Denmark both laughed, were touched and listened when Crown Princess Mary held a personal, humorous and very loving speech to her husband, our future King.

Such human a speech has not been seen before in the DRF and since the birthday the speech has been watched over 3.6 million times on Youtube !

2. The four children's surprise to their father:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...oVKA&__tn__=-R

1 year ago today.

"Happy birthday dad, we love you".

Do you remember that as a surprise to the Crown Prince - and all the tv-viewers - on his 50th birthday, DR had allied themselves with mother Crown Princess Mary and all four children, Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine. Together they had - one day the Crown Prince was not at home - gathered the couple's four children to an honest talk about the birthday father.

During DR's live birthday show "All Denmark celebrates the Crown Prince" all four children suddenly appeared in different clips, where they told both funny, honest, teasing and loving anecdotes about their dad, who made us all a little wiser about who our future King really is behind the castles four walls.

And it created great fun and joy both for the viewers and not least in the Crown Prince family itself.

For example, Princess Josephine was asked if she knew how her father and mother had met each other? Well, she knew that: Dad had met mum on kind of a bench in Australia. Then Dad had told Mom that she was so beautiful, and then they became lovers and got children.

Well, why do a story more complicated than it is?

Wonderful surprise from all four children, Crown Princess Mary and DR.

3: A tribute to the Crown Prince of Denmark:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...kXlQ&__tn__=-R

1 year ago today

'The side we don't normally see'.

As a tribute to Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary's official 50th birthday present for her husband was the release of a book in which she, in collaboration with four photographers, gathered special moments over the past 25 years on the occasion of his round day. Father, husband, heir, nature lover, art lover, crown prince, family man, frogman, sportsman, military man.

Crown Princess Mary wanted to show 'that side one don't normally see' by the Crown Prince. For example, we often get new official pictures of the Crown Prince and family, but it is only one selected picture we get to see. With this book we see that it is not so rigid to get official photos taken - at least not at home with the Crown Prince Couple. There must be room for fun during the photo sessions because otherwise the pictures will not be natural.

The Crown Princess contributes with her private pictures from her own archive and comments on the pictures through the book.
The book is called "H.R.H. Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark" and can be obtained for DKK 159.95.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Lovely to see the surprise photo from the CP children - mange tak for sharing, Roskilde!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-28-2019, 06:58 AM
Majesty

It is easy to take Frederick and Mary for granted and forget what a truly amazing "Romance" they had and, while the Danes watched their courtship and marriage, so did the rest of the world.

It is a rare joy to see a couple who have passed that first marital milestone of twelve and a half years clearly still as loved and loving. Mary really shared a wonderful story and the children added the joyful, wry, witty and gave Denmark a glimpse of their father and provided the unseen colour of a man who is just their dad.

All of this made me wonder how do the Danes feel about their Crown Prince and his family.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think it's safe to say that Frederik is generally very well liked. Perhaps more liked than respected - but that I will mainly attribute to the press not giving Frederik much coverage when he is doing suit-and-tie-work in contrast to the huge coverage he gets when it's something to do with sport or healthy living or Greenland, which leaves the impression with many who are not well.informed that he is not as serious as he could be in regards to what kind of work he does
That is IMO unfair, Frederik has taken on quite a lot of "serious" tasks over the past eight-ten years.
Frederik has the enviable ability to be folksy and that makes people related to him and people acknowledge that he has worked on getting to the confident stage he is today in regards to his destiny as the next king.
Among the young, i.e. >35 year olds, there is no question in my mind that Frederik is their royal.

Mary is generally very respected! And indeed admired. There is a universal agreement that she does her job very well indeed and that she is more regal than her husband. She is also very liked on a personal level. Less so though than Frederik, due to him being folksy. But close behind.
She's a hard worker and she understands how to sell a message and also do that in a "politically palatable way" which means she has a lot of political goodwill and backing.

Together they are a formidable and very popular team, not least when their children are around as well.
Mary become girlish around Frederik and he can't keep his hands off his wife, so that's nice and reassuring to see.

M&F have gradually, and especially since the death of PH become the regent couple in anything but name.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

My view is the same as Muhler describes.

Though, I see that Crown Prince Frederik is generally also very respected because of his many hard physical educations and personal victories.
I also see Crown Princess Mary as very folksy and that she for young people is their royal too, especially because of her social work for the Danes or when she meets up to the Danish Rainbow Award and talks about the rights of gay people or when she holds the most personal speech heard in the DRF to her husband on his birthday.

I have heard many times that the young/middle-aged generation, who is maybe not particularly fond of a monarchy in the year of 2019, says: Monarchy or not, we like Frederik and Mary.
Both in my own family and in my circles of friends.

The Crown Prince couple actually succeeds in getting the young/middle-aged generation interested in the monarchy. And that's a big plus (and important) for the DRF. For example when both Frederik, Mary and the children run alongside the Danes in the streets during Frederik's Royal Run.
This means that the young/middle-aged generation now also seems to more and more find a monarchy also useful in the year 2019.

The Crown Prince's 50th birthday was absolutely wonderful and overwhelming.
I think everyone will say so. It could not have been better in any way IMO.

If we stick to numbers, the media made Gallup surveys every year (more or less) and here the results has always been the same: Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary switches to be the most popular member with Queen Margrethe very close behind them.
I do think, though, that the generally respect for Queen Margrethe has increased any further after Prince Henrik's death, and Frederik's after his 50th birthday last year.

I think it's safe to say that the DRF generally has good times. We have a Queen who people generally think has solved her job very good and still does, and a Crown Prince with his wife who takes over now and a country who generally has a great confidence in that he will solve the job as good as the Queen.

There is of course newspapers and magazines which like to write negatively about the royals and newspapers that oppose the monarchy, and there are always people who believe in these stories, and believe and mean something completely different from what we write here.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:20 PM
Majesty

The Royal House has just announced that the Crown Prince has problems with his back and will not run to Royal Run - BUT he will continue to attend both the Faroe Islands, Aarhus and Copenhagen / Frederiksberg
https://twitter.com/RoyalRunDK/statu...82724156821506
https://www.tv2lorry.dk/artikel/kron...-sit-eget-loeb

H.K.H. Kronprinsen har fået konstateret en diskusprolaps | Kongehuset
HRH The Crown Prince has found a smaller disc herniation, this time on the left. Even though this is a minor damage, the Crown Prince runs the risk of worsening the condition if he runs at 10km distances in this year's Royal Run.

The Crown Prince will continue to be part of "One mile - Family" in Aarhus, where young and old together go the short distance. The Crown Prince will also be present during the races on both the Faroe Islands and in Copenhagen.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

He should take care. He has had several warnings now. And having turned 50 he isn't young anymore

50+ is the "repair-age". - If it doesn't ache somewhere when you get in the morning it's because you are dead.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes after you have reached the 50 years your back and knees start to cause problems.

But it is annoying for Frederik, but he will still be to Royal Run in all cities and he will run the short distance in Aarhus.
Mary runs 5 kilometers in Aalborg.

BTW, Royal Run will be broadcasted live on TV2 all day
Old 05-29-2019, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not so sure he will be running even a short distance, and I'm not so sure he even should!
Exercise, oh yes! But careful!

I guess his family will do the running for him, and that will make for some nice TV and additional coverage too.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

You may be right, Muhler.
The press release stated he will still participates in the short distance in Aarhus, but yes maybe he will walk the route together with all these people who walk the short distance.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Muhler family is walking the short distance in Aarhus. So if you notice three people, somewhat out of breath, trying to stay close to Frederik, while pretending we haven't noticed him at all, it could be us...
Old 05-29-2019, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I will look for you
And Royal Run is for anyone, kids or olders, walking or running
Old 05-29-2019, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope that Frederik only walks and not run the distance as he runs (pun) the risk of aggravating his back condition.

We spend the first 40 years of our life damaging our little bodies then spend the next 40 years trying to repair the damage.
I also wouldn't recommend that he rides horses either. I have had back problems for years and have learnt what not to do and what activities are too risky.
When you ask people in their 80 years of age who are in excellent physical condition what their secret is - I have been told to know ones limitations.
We have to listen to our bodies and not push the boundaries too far. Reduce the risks of causing injuries and we can then live a relatively painless good life into our remaining years.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The Muhler family is walking the short distance in Aarhus. So if you notice three people, somewhat out of breath, trying to stay close to Frederik, while pretending we haven't noticed him at all, it could be us...
Fantastic!
And this is what the royal run is all about. For all to enjoy, walk or run.
Im sure Frederik will listen to his body and cheerfully root for all.
On Saturday he will be at the Faeroe Islands for this first race
Old 05-29-2019, 09:37 PM
Courtier

I'm not sure if he should be running at all... Anyway, get better soon!

And enjoy the day to the people who are participating!
Old 06-05-2019, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #23, 2019.
Written by Marianne Singer.

This is really about Frederik presenting grants from The CP-Couple Foundation, but who cares.
It's what on the walls that are interesting!

See here: https://app.box.com/s/ms8suuowgwe5vzc4xwpxn5bqy3cwkeeq
https://app.box.com/s/am0yd5p5xioosslwpesnuzhgxb7q8pkv

Frederik told his guests: "I'd like you to pay attention to this. Something I'm actually very proud of. It's an artwork that more or less encircle the room. But it is also the last room in the mansion that we have decorated with contemporary art by a Scandinavian artist.
The artwork is by Swedish Miriam Bäckström from Stickholm - I really like it - not just only because it's inspiring and fantastic, but it's actually a modern goblin that is woven, not printed on machines you only find in Belgium."

It depicts a kind of electric storm that is frozen in a thousand of a second.

- I like it too!

Closed Thread