General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 16: August 2016 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Well said! Thank you Muhler. :flowers:

Tarlita;1975631. It's strange I wouldn't feel the same sadness if one of Prince Henri's dogs passed. It seems that following the Crown Prince couples life for so long and seeing Ziggy in so many family shots -- she is just much more a part of that family. Sorry but I have trouble expressing my thoughts properly at the moment.[/QUOTE said:
I agree with you

Pets become family and losing one is so hard. So sorry to hear this.

Ziggy was a pretty dog, gorgeous in fact! I had no idea that she had been a wedding gift to TRH and was 12 years old.

It must be particularly tough for the children, who have never known life without
Ziggy.:sad: But kidney failure and osteoarthritis are very painful, so it must comfort them that that their poor beautiful doggie isn't suffering any more.

Last edited:
Ziggy was a pretty dog, gorgeous in fact! I had no idea that she had been a wedding gift to TRH and was 12 years old.
IIRC, the wedding gift was "a dog" and it was Frederik and Mary who chose the breed and the puppy that was named Ziggy.

:previous: Then Frederick and Mary chose well..Ziggy with her silky coat and amber, intelligent eyes was quite a beautiful animal.:)

How tough to lose her...12 years does not seem a long time in dog life.:sad:

(...) It's strange I wouldn't feel the same sadness if one of Prince Henri's dogs passed. It seems that following the Crown Prince couples life for so long and seeing Ziggy in so many family shots -- she is just much more a part of that family. Sorry but I have trouble expressing my thoughts properly at the moment.

I understand you. We all felt we knew Ziggy. Because she (more than any other royal dog) was along the Crown Prince family everywhere.
Ziggy was with on virtually every official photo shoots, Christmas cards, Ziggy was Mary's favorite photographing motive and we often got pictures of Ziggy enjoy the spring flowers or the winter sun on DRF's Instagram.
And many locals from both Fredensborg and Copenhagen saw Ziggy very often with F&M on both the harbour and on Kastellet.

Everyone remembers Ziggy from be there to welcome home Frederik and Mary with each of their newborn babies.
Etc etc etc.
Ziggy was a very large part of the Crown prince family and she was involved from the beginning .. and I think Mary and Ziggy have shared many things on their many daily walks and runs from Mary's very early days as new Crown Princess and to now..

It's been six days ago now ... and it is extremely difficult to understand we never will see beautiful Ziggy with her hazel brown eyes stroll in front of the CP-family any longer...
Because we have never tried that before.

Right now it's hard to imagine any new dog can take over ... But of course, a new dog can create just as much pleasure one day, and I look forward to follow it's journey too.

Ziggy was a lucky dog ​​that lived a long good dog-life with a family who loved her dearly to the last.

She was such a beautiful dog!
This picture is taken by Mary last Sunday. The day Ziggy crossed the rainbow:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSwDtEGjm_H/?hl=da

Last edited:
I read in some post, that the CP-family spend often the holiday in Trend, in a cottage. Is this a private cottage or belongs to the royal estates? Can somebody post a photo about this cottage? Thanks!

:previous:

Yes, and BB's reporter noted that F&M and children came driving in their own car to Marselisborg Palace yesterday and back on the car they had mountain bikes strapped.
So I very well think we can assume that F&M and children have spent their Easter holiday in the Trend cottage before driving to the Queen's birthday.

* BB's reporter also told that it was Frederik who was behind the wheel.
I've noticed that when Mary often drives the car in Copenhagen, then it is always Frederik who drives the car when F&M and kids drive the longer tours, for example when they are seen driving to Jutland.

It's also exactly like this home at us. I also drive the car, but it's always my husband driving when we need to drive far. Is it such a typical male/female role still? :lol:

:previous: I think so. :D

Here it's because Mrs. Muhler is busy with the phone, reading a magazine, talking to me, keeping an eye on me, keeping an eye on our daughter (if she's there), commenting on other drivers, noticing all sorts of things we pass, commenting what's on the radio (read: arguing with the radio-hosts...), checking where we are going (even though we have GPS and there are road signs and we've been this way before), munching down a bag of candy while admonishing me that I eat too many sweets. - All at the same time! :ermm:

I can't do that! So it's better I concentrate on one thing: driving the car.

I have a feeling Mary believe the car would revert into complete chaos before they even left the driveway to Trend, with four lively children (and beforehand a dog) if she didn't take charge. - Frederik, like all sensible men, agrees that she is muuuuch better at that than he is... :D;):p

Last edited:
:previous:

Muhler, you made my day :D

And you're right - it's exactly the same reasons my husband driving the car and I sit beside and control all things - and although it's my husband who drives the car, I ALSO take charge of how he drives the car... :lol: :p

Thank you for today's smile.

On long journeys, my husband and I share the driving - I drive 60 miles, he drives 600 miles! A good division of labour, I think!

Thank you, it is a lovely, simple cottage. I can imagine, they enjoy their familylife there without any servants. :flowers:

TV2 and BT articles about Frederik and Mary having opened their home for a exchange student:

TV2:
Kronprinsessen overrasker i tale: Ny beboer på Amalienborg - TV 2

BT:
Kronprinsesse Mary afslører: Har fået et nyt medlem i familien | BT Royale - www.bt.dk

"Visits of exchange students are no longer only for ordinary Danes. Crown Princess Mary told yesterday that the Crown Prince family currently is having one on visit.

Two historians agree that it is a great signal to send, modern and folksy, but completely in line with the Crown Prince's spirit that an exchange student has moved in at Amalienborg.

"It's an attempt to practice a normal family life. Just like the Crown Prince couple also have put their children in municipal kindergarten and primary school, so they have a lifestyle that brings them closer to the population, says Sebastian Olden-Jørgensen, associate professor of history at the University of Copenhagen.

He is supported by Jes Fabricius Møller, also a lecturer in history at the University of Copenhagen, who also thinks it is a great signal.
"I do not remember that the DRF has had one before," he says."

Last edited by a moderator:
Could the exchange student be one of the nieces of the Crown Princess? One of my friends noticed on the social media of one of her nieces that she is an Australian living in Copenhagen. That part of her social media profile was public; not private along with the rest of her profile. Which is the only reason I mention it.

I wonder about this because the articles seem to mention a female Australian exchange student.

Could the exchange student be one of the nieces of the Crown Princess? One of my friends noticed on the social media of one of her nieces that she is an Australian living in Copenhagen. That part of her social media profile was public; not private along with the rest of her profile. Which is the only reason I mention it.

I wonder about this because the articles seem to mention a female Australian exchange student.

That is very likely IMO.

You have to have someone who is discreet. Both while in DK but also when she returns to Australia.

Someone you can trust not to disclose too many details regarding security.

Someone who has been vetted by both PET and Australian security.

So while M&F might be willing to have a comparatively stranger living in their home I'm not sure PET is keen on the idea!
That might have been possible just ten years ago, but today? No.

So someone who is related to M&F or at least a close relative of a close and trusted friend of M&F seems most likely.
It still taste of fowl though. - In the sense that she is an exchange student, studying in a foreign country, in a foreign culture, immersed in a foreign language and living with a family. - A family she may not have been that close to before. It's one thing to have a sister and a niece spending time with you while on vacation, it's another matter to have the niece living with you on her own.

Last edited:
As often a local yesterday spotted Mary on her way to delivering the twins in kindergarten. And as always on the family bike, and the kindergarten is just across Amalienborg. A lovely country Denmark is, eh? Take a walk to the royal palace and you are quite likely to see our future King or Queen coming by on their bike to deliver or pick up their children in school and kindergarten :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT1U8hyDGSd/

After summer Vincent and Josephine will start in school. So not many days in the kindergarten for them any longer.

:previous: It is very lovely that they can and do, do this. And as the kids are getting older, they should it enjoy while they can:flowers:

Dear Muhler, I'm totally unfamiliar with the "tastes of fowl" reference. Could you explain it for me? Many thanks.

Dear Muhler, I'm totally unfamiliar with the "tastes of fowl" reference. Could you explain it for me? Many thanks.

Congratulations on your first post. :flowers:

I'm not sure what the equivalent English expression is.
It describes something that is almost (tastes like) like the real thing.
- In this case an exchange student, who may be a relative. Rather than having a complete stranger and a foreigner living with them. Hence the expression that it has the taste of fowl - even if it isn't a truly genuine fowl.

Having said that, we don't know for sure whether the exchange student really is a relative of M&F or a (thoroughly vetted!) stranger.

Hope that helped. :)

Princess Mary 'BANNED' from seeing Caroline Fleming | Daily Mail Online

Daily Mail quoting Women's Day.

Yeah, yeah, I know. - But before your eyes roll back to the rear of your skulls, for once WD actually has a point.
Apart from the little detail that I doubt Mary has been told to sever her friendship with Caroline Fleming.

I think the two women who IMO live in different worlds have been growing apart for years. So it's probably more a case of a friendship slowly fizzing out rather than a severing of bonds. - Unless Caroline Fleming has been indiscreet in which case certainly Frederik can be pretty unforgiving. But that I doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom