The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #401  
Old 12-18-2017, 01:56 AM
carina_a's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 541
Mary and Frederik spotted on a morning run on Palm Beach last Friday (same day as the family photos?)

Princess Mary, Prince Frederik morning run on Palm Beach | Daily Mail Online
__________________

  #402  
Old 12-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 9,146
nice morning run for the two

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post
Regarding the gash on Frederik's chest, I have noticed it before over the years. I believe it's always been there and is more a mark he's always had rather than a gash obtained on this trip.

Someone else correct me if I am wrong though.
I believe so too.
And here in the TRF we like to be accurate so here are some pictures of Frederik shirtless from previous years , just to be sure
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1c/09...d669452145.jpg
https://us.hola.com/casasreales/2007...ederico-2a.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d2/a6/cc/d...ncesa-mary.jpg

another DM article with a few more photos from their day at the beach last week
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...alm-Beach.html
__________________

  #403  
Old 12-18-2017, 07:55 PM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Another Mary and Frederik update.

The family is said to be staying on this yacht - (it looks like it is the "Masteka".)

Inside Princess Mary and family's superyacht in Australia | Daily Mail Online
  #404  
Old 12-20-2017, 03:17 AM
carina_a's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 541
Today's update, still in Palm Beach: (short video)
https://www.9news.com.au/national/20...he-sydney-surf
It's really hot here today...

Another article and photos of them onboard the superyacht (Masteka 2) and leaving
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...d-weather.html
  #405  
Old 12-20-2017, 03:44 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
Today's update, still in Palm Beach: (short video)
https://www.9news.com.au/national/20...he-sydney-surf
It's really hot here today...

Another article and photos of them onboard the superyacht (Masteka 2) and leaving
Princess Mary and royal family run from Sydney weather | Daily Mail Online

I normally don't comment on the outfits of any Royal ladies, but that blue swimsuit is terrific on Mary, she looks amazing - modest, but so smart.

Thanks carina_a

(And so much cooler here now that "Southerly Buster" has crossed Sydney.)
  #406  
Old 12-20-2017, 04:46 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,089
Thanks for the updates.

Perhaps our Australian friends can tell us what an Australian Christmas is like?
What are they doing?
What are they eating?
Where do they go?
Decorations?
Traditions?
Anything that is special for Sydney alternatively Tasmania?
  #407  
Old 12-20-2017, 05:26 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks for the updates.

Perhaps our Australian friends can tell us what an Australian Christmas is like?
What are they doing?
What are they eating?
Where do they go?
Decorations?
Traditions?
Anything that is special for Sydney alternatively Tasmania?

Carols by Candlelight is a big thing Muhler.

Sydney had their's last Sunday, Melbourne's will be on Christmas Eve - both broadcast nationally on different channels.

Here's a wiki about it -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carols_by_Candlelight


Another tradition is to have your children photographed sitting on Santa's knee.

Lots of Santa Clauses everywhere, set up by stores and shopping malls.

(And people facebook asking for where the fat ones are - so many skinny Santas now, and people want the more traditional look.)

Buses are sometimes decked out in tinsel - on the bumper bars and windscreen wipers.

For a few years it was a thing to put big deer antlers - fake ones - into the window on either side of your car and drive it around like that through December.

That phase may be passing - I've only seen one car this year doing that. (But maybe I'm not getting out enough .)

A lot of people do seafood now for Christmas lunch. The price of prawns is always a big media story that gets covered this time every year. (This year is good - only $23.00 per kilo.)

Cherries are another tradition and the price of cherries is sometimes reported.

Lots of decorated trees everywhere - from modern twig things in some shops windows to big ones put up by local councils.

Decorating your house as per the U.S. with light displays has been big for many years.

The best ones - sometimes whole streets - end up on T.V. reports

You take your children and older relatives out in the car after it gets dark to see them. Lists are in the local newspapers.

Presents aren't opened until Christmas morning.

Some people have a big day going from this to that relative's house for breakfast, lunch and tea - a lot of driving and lugging the things Santa bought overnight so everyone can see. Hard work.

Lots of people still do the traditional hot meal. Dessert is big - pavlova, trifle and pudding.

Everyone hates it if it is too hot, but it is always worse if it is cold, grey or wet .
  #408  
Old 12-20-2017, 06:03 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,089
Thanks, Sun Lion.

I knew we could count on a detailed description from you.
It's interesting to learn what M&F and their children experience these days, because it is of course way different from a Christmas here in DK. (That the DRF Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve differs a good deal from the ordinary Danes is another matter).

Perhaps you or another Australian will supplement with photos or clips at some point?
No rush, within the next half an hour will be fine.
  #409  
Old 12-20-2017, 09:26 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Carols by Candlelight is a big thing Muhler.

Sydney had their's last Sunday, Melbourne's will be on Christmas Eve - both broadcast nationally on different channels.

Here's a wiki about it -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carols_by_Candlelight


Another tradition is to have your children photographed sitting on Santa's knee.

Lots of Santa Clauses everywhere, set up by stores and shopping malls.

(And people facebook asking for where the fat ones are - so many skinny Santas now, and people want the more traditional look.)

Buses are sometimes decked out in tinsel - on the bumper bars and windscreen wipers.

For a few years it was a thing to put big deer antlers - fake ones - into the window on either side of your car and drive it around like that through December.

That phase may be passing - I've only seen one car this year doing that. (But maybe I'm not getting out enough .)

A lot of people do seafood now for Christmas lunch. The price of prawns is always a big media story that gets covered this time every year. (This year is good - only $23.00 per kilo.)

Cherries are another tradition and the price of cherries is sometimes reported.

Lots of decorated trees everywhere - from modern twig things in some shops windows to big ones put up by local councils.

Decorating your house as per the U.S. with light displays has been big for many years.

The best ones - sometimes whole streets - end up on T.V. reports

You take your children and older relatives out in the car after it gets dark to see them. Lists are in the local newspapers.

Presents aren't opened until Christmas morning.

Some people have a big day going from this to that relative's house for breakfast, lunch and tea - a lot of driving and lugging the things Santa bought overnight so everyone can see. Hard work.

Lots of people still do the traditional hot meal. Dessert is big - pavlova, trifle and pudding.

Everyone hates it if it is too hot, but it is always worse if it is cold, grey or wet .
This sounds like a traditional Americana American Christmas
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #410  
Old 12-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
Today's update, still in Palm Beach: (short video)
https://www.9news.com.au/national/20...he-sydney-surf
It's really hot here today...

Another article and photos of them onboard the superyacht (Masteka 2) and leaving
Princess Mary and royal family run from Sydney weather | Daily Mail Online
Some photos of the "Southerly Buster" that Mary and her family were caught in the beginning of yesterday, as they left the Masteka superyacht they were staying on - as per carina_a's post above

Lightning strike over Sydney Opera House | Daily Mail Online

These are a regular feature of summer in Sydney - and people are glad of them.

Several people I was with yesterday morning were talking about the one that was due on the southern outskirts of Sydney at 2.00pm.

It hit the CBD and Harbour around three and moved on over the north of Sydney after that.

So hot before it came, that the heavy rain in my area dried as it hit the ground - no sign of the rain after it moved on, but the temperature a good deal cooler.

("Southerly Buster" because it always comes from the south and "busts" a heatwave.)

As Mary and family were photographed with their luggage yesterday, I wonder where they are moving onto?

(Sorry Muhler - no Chrissy photos from me and yes Alisa - U.S. and Oz pretty much first cousins in a lot of things.)
  #411  
Old 12-21-2017, 12:51 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Reports coming out that Mary and family are soon to arrive in Hobart.

(Almost 5.00pm Thursday here on the east coast of Australia.)

Reports are also saying the family will be staying at Tasmania's Government House with the state's governor and her husband.
  #412  
Old 12-21-2017, 01:15 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 56,342



Here's the newest dailymail update:


** dailymail: Homecoming: Crown Princess Mary and family depart Sydney as they head to Tasmania for the first time since 2011..**
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #413  
Old 12-21-2017, 02:24 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
And now reports that Mary and family have arrived in Hobart.

(Just gone 6.15 in the evening.)
  #414  
Old 12-21-2017, 02:57 AM
carina_a's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 541
The short video of them arriving at the Sydney Airport, going into the Virgin Australia Lounge:
Princess Mary looks radiant as she departs Sydney with her family | Daily Mail Online

I think it's from someone random, not a reporter though...
  #415  
Old 12-21-2017, 04:39 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Some media photos of their arrival in Hobart -

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/0...2d63?width=650

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/8...c6d1?width=650


Reports are saying Mary and her family will be staying at Government House.

Here is a photo I took two years ago when going past it on a river cruise.

And a couple of photos I took in the Botanical Gardens that sit around the house.

Lots of great pathways for Mary and Frederik to do their jogging each morning if they indeed end up staying here


I wonder if Mary went out to brunch last Sunday and saw this -

.https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...82720768_n.jpg

(Most cafes here provide the newspaper of the day for their customers.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3418.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	300905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3533.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	300906   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3622.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	300907   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3491.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	300908  

  #416  
Old 12-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 9,146
thanks for the wonderful info Sun Lion.
Nice seeing the family enjoy their holidays.
  #417  
Old 12-21-2017, 08:07 PM
carina_a's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 541
Question: Can they stay in the Government House even though they are only here for a private holiday, not official visit?

Just curious as to the use of Gov House...
  #418  
Old 12-21-2017, 09:58 PM
CrownPrincessJava's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ,, Australia
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
Question: Can they stay in the Government House even though they are only here for a private holiday, not official visit?

Just curious as to the use of Gov House...
If the Governer of Tasmania invited them as their private guests, then yes.
This is the Governer of Tasmania: https://www.govhouse.tas.gov.au/gove...rriculum-vitae

I wonder if the Governer taught CP Mary during her law degree? Being an academic from University of Tasmania, she may know the Donaldson family through CP Mary's father.
  #420  
Old 12-22-2017, 06:05 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,876
Nice photos, thank you for sharing polyesco. Cute to see them stroking the Ziggy dogs!

Wow, Isabella looks really tall in this photo - she'll overtake Mary in regards to height soon.

Love the photos of the children by the water fountain as well. Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I'm presuming the children are bilingual?
__________________

__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 15: January 2016 - August 2016 iceflower Current Events Archive 401 08-29-2016 02:42 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen carolin china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs doll dresses duke of sussex family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf history house of windsor imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery kids movie king edward vii line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle monarchy nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima queen victoria random facts royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding serbian royal family spain sussex swedish queen taiwan tradition unfinished portrait united states of america wedding gown welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×