The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

Oh, how sad. The only bad thing about having a dog is knowing you'll have to say good bye to them so soon. Ziggy seemed like a wonderful girl.

I'm sure the children will be upset but probably Mary and Frederik even more so, as they were probably the ones who took care of Ziggy the most. There's nothing quite like the unconditional love and loyalty a dog has for the alpha members of its pack. :(

Old 04-11-2017, 08:34 PM
Nobility

Having lost several pets myself, I can appreciate how the family is feeling. In time, maybe there will be a new dog for them to love, and be loved in return. Rest in peace, Ziggy.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ziggy

I too loved Ziggy. She has been a wonderful part of this family since the beginning. Despite the tears - (& mine) the children need to understand about life and death. This is another of life's learning curves we all go through. I am sure when Fred and Mary feel the time is right another puppy will grace their doorstep to be loved.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:58 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Thats sad news. I was very fond of Ziggy and she seemed to be the perfect family dog for the CP family. I loved that she was part of much of their life and included in endless family/official pictures.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ziggy made her first public appearance I believe when Mary was five months pregnant. She has been there to welcome every baby home. To accompany them to school. Definitely a sad day for the entire family.

Hopefully when their hearts mend a bit, they find a new puppy in need of a loving home.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

A BT article with lots of photos of Ziggy and her family: Kronprinsparret i sorg: Frederik og Marys elskede Ziggy er død | BT Royale - www.bt.dk

And Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...iggy-dies.html
Old 04-12-2017, 04:44 AM
Commoner

Lovely dog,she was part of a wonderful family so sad for them all to have lost her.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:01 AM
Heir Apparent

A wonderful gallery of Ziggy from her beginning to her last day I felt a tear along the way through the gallery.

Enjoy:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...35227816664642

Quote:
From the site:

Goodbye and sleep sweet Beautiful Beautiful Ziggy (Years 2005-2017) ❤
We on this page were sincere sad when the message from the Crown Prince's family ticked in last night❤ We were genuine sad and we felt we knew Ziggy as she was such a huge part of the Crown Prince family from the beginning.

Ziggy seemed two be the perfect family dog for the Crown Prince's family. She was with them anywhere private, and included in numerous family and official pictures.
Ziggy made her first public appearance when Crown Princess Mary was fem months pregnant with Prince Christian. Ziggy was that there to welcoming all four children welcome home when they was born.

The children have never lived without her. And especially Crown Princess Mary had a obviously special close ties and has shared many things with Ziggy during their many many runs... ❤

Theres some sorrowful days ahead Crown Prince's family. And very sad to imagining we never must see her walking after the family anymore.

But Ziggy lived a long and fantastic dog's life and experienced countless moments and great experiences. Last Sunday she could not take anymore. And Frederik, Mary and children must said farewell to a beloved family member.
Rest in peace Beautiful Ziggy ❤
Old 04-12-2017, 05:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am sure the Danish Kennel Club who gifted Mary and Fred the Pup in 2005, will also feel the sadness. It's strange I wouldn't feel the same sadness if one of Prince Henri's dogs passed. It seems that following the Crown Prince couples life for so long and seeing Ziggy in so many family shots -- she is just much more a part of that family. Sorry but I have trouble expressing my thoughts properly at the moment.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
I am sure the Danish Kennel Club who gifted Mary and Fred the Pup in 2005, will also feel the sadness. It's strange I wouldn't feel the same sadness if one of Prince Henri's dogs passed. It seems that following the Crown Prince couples life for so long and seeing Ziggy in so many family shots -- she is just much more a part of that family. Sorry but I have trouble expressing my thoughts properly at the moment.
No wonder. We can't feel sadness or sympathy for everyone and everything, so we feel sympathy for people we know and like and who we can relate to.
It's only human. - And it sure beats not feeling any sympathy at all.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah. Well said! Thank you Muhler.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:44 AM
Royal Highness

[QUOTE=Tarlita;1975631. It's strange I wouldn't feel the same sadness if one of Prince Henri's dogs passed. It seems that following the Crown Prince couples life for so long and seeing Ziggy in so many family shots -- she is just much more a part of that family. Sorry but I have trouble expressing my thoughts properly at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you
Old 04-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pets become family and losing one is so hard. So sorry to hear this.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Courtier

I'm so sorry for the family.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here's looking at Ziggy's early days with the family: Mary from the start: Ziggy

Her original name was Jezabel.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ziggy was a pretty dog, gorgeous in fact! I had no idea that she had been a wedding gift to TRH and was 12 years old.

It must be particularly tough for the children, who have never known life without
Ziggy. But kidney failure and osteoarthritis are very painful, so it must comfort them that that their poor beautiful doggie isn't suffering any more.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Ziggy was a pretty dog, gorgeous in fact! I had no idea that she had been a wedding gift to TRH and was 12 years old.
IIRC, the wedding gift was "a dog" and it was Frederik and Mary who chose the breed and the puppy that was named Ziggy.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Then Frederick and Mary chose well..Ziggy with her silky coat and amber, intelligent eyes was quite a beautiful animal.

How tough to lose her...12 years does not seem a long time in dog life.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-13-2017, 04:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's odd how things can happen almost the same time.
Mary's hairdresser and friend, Søren Hedegaard and his husband's dog, Pluto died Tuesday. Also 12 years old.
The couple is pretty devastated, the dog almost being their child.
Preben Kristensen og Søren Hedegaard i sorg: Vores elskede er død | BT Kendte - www.bt.dk
Old 04-15-2017, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
(...) It's strange I wouldn't feel the same sadness if one of Prince Henri's dogs passed. It seems that following the Crown Prince couples life for so long and seeing Ziggy in so many family shots -- she is just much more a part of that family. Sorry but I have trouble expressing my thoughts properly at the moment.
I understand you. We all felt we knew Ziggy. Because she (more than any other royal dog) was along the Crown Prince family everywhere.
Ziggy was with on virtually every official photo shoots, Christmas cards, Ziggy was Mary's favorite photographing motive and we often got pictures of Ziggy enjoy the spring flowers or the winter sun on DRF's Instagram.
And many locals from both Fredensborg and Copenhagen saw Ziggy very often with F&M on both the harbour and on Kastellet.

Everyone remembers Ziggy from be there to welcome home Frederik and Mary with each of their newborn babies.
Etc etc etc.
Ziggy was a very large part of the Crown prince family and she was involved from the beginning .. and I think Mary and Ziggy have shared many things on their many daily walks and runs from Mary's very early days as new Crown Princess and to now..

It's been six days ago now ... and it is extremely difficult to understand we never will see beautiful Ziggy with her hazel brown eyes stroll in front of the CP-family any longer...
Because we have never tried that before.

Right now it's hard to imagine any new dog can take over ... But of course, a new dog can create just as much pleasure one day, and I look forward to follow it's journey too.

Ziggy was a lucky dog ​​that lived a long good dog-life with a family who loved her dearly to the last.

She was such a beautiful dog!
This picture is taken by Mary last Sunday. The day Ziggy crossed the rainbow:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSwDtEGjm_H/?hl=da

Closed Thread