General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 15: January 2016 - August 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not on the official calendar yet, but according to Plastic Change Frederik will be joining them this Wednesday
"On the occasion of "World Ocean" Day d. June 8, sailing HRH Crown Prince Frederik and environmental and food minister Esben Lunde Larsen with Plastic Change and the ship "Guldborgsund" out in the Sound to take samples of sea water to be analyzed for content of plastic."
Kronprins og minister på plastik-fangst - www.plasticchange.org

"Earlier this year donated Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's Foundation 200,000 kr. To Expedition Plastik, in the autumn of sailing off into the big plastic soup in the Pacific.

Crown Prince and environmental and food minister sail with from Amalie quayside to a port further up the coast and to the way participate in sampling as well as help to analyze samples from the day before. The samples are taken with a special trawl and sea water by pouring through a series of filters."

Not sure why its not on the calendar, but we have seen in the past teh Frederik and Mary have meetings and join organizations for events, especially organizations they have donated to from their Foundation :flowers:

now its on the calendar
H.K.H. Kronprinsen sejler med Plastic Change på skibet Guldborgsund | Kongehuset :flowers:

Plastic Change is an international organisation based in Denmark that works to raise awareness about the consequences of the increasing pollution of plastic in the seas and environment.

letter they received from the palace regarding Frederik and Mary's donation
https://www.facebook.com/plasticcha...6977185497434/428750997320051/?type=3&theater

This could become interesting.

Category: | The Mercury

The U-11 Hobart soccer team the Taroona Princes have formally requested Mary (and Christian) to become patron for their team.
Mary went to Taroona High School.

- Since Mary is already involved with the university in Hobart and this is about as innocent as it can get, I would not be the least bit surprised if Mary accepted and Christian was made the patron. His first protection perhaps?
The family will probably go to Australia in a couple of years and Christian is no doubt more or less fluent in English by now and this should be something he can handle without much difficulty and it's good practice and excellent PR.
It could also lead to the U-11 team going to DK for a visit at Amalienborg and a few matches. I can't remember off-hand which DK city is friendship-city with Hobart, and with soccer being the big thing here in DK they should no problems at all finding someone to play against. - Good PR again.

:previous: a cute story. and Im sure a fun lesson plan for the kids. Tie in letter writing and learning about a new country.
I remember when I was in school one of my projects was to learn about a local organization and write a letter:)

This could become interesting.

Category: | The Mercury

The U-11 Hobart soccer team the Taroona Princes have formally requested Mary (and Christian) to become patron for their team.
Mary went to Taroona High School.

- Since Mary is already involved with the university in Hobart and this is about as innocent as it can get, I would not be the least bit surprised if Mary accepted and Christian was made the patron. His first protection perhaps?
The family will probably go to Australia in a couple of years and Christian is no doubt more or less fluent in English by now and this should be something he can handle without much difficulty and it's good practice and excellent PR.
It could also lead to the U-11 team going to DK for a visit at Amalienborg and a few matches. I can't remember off-hand which DK city is friendship-city with Hobart, and with soccer being the big thing here in DK they should no problems at all finding someone to play against. - Good PR again.

Makes perfect sense; is there a tradtion Muhler of Danish royal children doing high school exchanges? The British Royal family sent their children to Canada, Australia and ?, so I wonder the DRF will send their children to Australia on exchange:flowers:

Makes perfect sense; is there a tradtion Muhler of Danish royal children doing high school exchanges? The British Royal family sent their children to Canada, Australia and ?, so I wonder the DRF will send their children to Australia on exchange:flowers:

Yes and no. It's pretty common for classes in schools and high schools to have a cultural exchange.
I.e. a friend-ship-class in Spain may go for a week or two to DK, have lessons alongside the Danish kids, as far as it is practically possible, and more importantly each kid team up with a Danish kid, and stay with the Danish kid's family for the time he or she is here. The year after the DK children will go to Spain.
It is less common for individual students to be embedded in a foreign class for a longer period, unless it's in America, Britain or indeed Australia, simply because Danish high-school students ought to be pretty fluent in English. The problem is of course that not that many foreign high school students are fluent in Danish...

But I do think at least some, probably all, of M&F's children will at some point go to Australia. I can easily imagine them being embedded in an Australian high school for say six months, or later on attending an Australian university or work for a year in Australia.
And I think it's far from unlikely that one of them will eventually settle there.
I believe it's almost certain they will go on some kind of walkabout in Australia, more or less on their own. Simply to get to know their mother's country.
On the other hand it may not be unlikely that some of Mary's nieces and nephews will come to study for a semester in DK.

Yes and no. It's pretty common for classes in schools and high schools to have a cultural exchange.
I.e. a friend-ship-class in Spain may go for a week or two to DK, have lessons alongside the Danish kids, as far as it is practically possible, and more importantly each kid team up with a Danish kid, and stay with the Danish kid's family for the time he or she is here. The year after the DK children will go to Spain.
It is less common for individual students to be embedded in a foreign class for a longer period, unless it's in America, Britain or indeed Australia, simply because Danish high-school students ought to be pretty fluent in English. The problem is of course that not that many foreign high school students are fluent in Danish...

But I do think at least some, probably all, of M&F's children will at some point go to Australia. I can easily imagine them being embedded in an Australian high school for say six months, or later on attending an Australian university or work for a year in Australia.
And I think it's far from unlikely that one of them will eventually settle there.
I believe it's almost certain they will go on some kind of walkabout in Australia, more or less on their own. Simply to get to know their mother's country.
On the other hand it may not be unlikely that some of Mary's nieces and nephews will come to study for a semester in DK.

I also foresee many trips between Australia and Denmark! :ausflag2:

:previous: Indeed.

Summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #23, 2016.
Where a Elsemarie Nygaard would like to know what books Mary reads.

Jon Bloch Skipper don't know, but Mary is very fond of reading and books by the following authors are known to have been read by her:
H.C. Andersen (before she came to DK), Eckhart Trolle, Olav Hergel.

Actually I think she's much more of an occasional reader than a bookworm. Only very seldom has she been spotted with a book, and she just seems to be a person with different types of interest, such as sports (most of all perhaps), outdoor lifestyle, social activities with friends, but also cultural events such as theatre, concerts and plastic arts. Also photography seems to play a big part in her life.

:previous: Agree, not a bookworm. She may have been reading a lot before, but I doubt she has much time for reading now.

I do hope there´s no truth what so ever to this article...:
Prinsen utpekad som sexköpare | Stoppa Pressarna – Kungligheter – Kungafamiljen – Svensk Damtidning – Prinsessan Madeleine – Kronprinsessan Victoria

For those who do not know swedish: An author claims that CP Frederik spent 50.000 crowns for a prostitute and that his marriage to Mary was virtually a farce....
90% in his book fictional, 10% true. Can someone who is fluent in swedish clear things up?

Last edited:
:previous:

Dear Wartenberg,

You can go safely to bed tonight :) It was an article in the cheapest Danish magazine about 3 weeks ago. The magazine retracted their story completely already the day after it's release. Her&Nu regretted big time with the words: We're very sorry to have brought untrue, inaccurate and damaging information about the Crown Prince. They complained a number of other things which they also admitted was untrue.

There have been no drama :flowers:

It's, by the way, the second time in six months that Her&Nu has retracted a story completely. Let's hope they learn from it....

Last edited:
Hi Wartenberg,
In page 12 of this thread, you will find some very comprehensive posts done by Muhler on this matter. with quotes and articles
Basically the author which admitted that 90% of the book is untrue to begin with, and when the DRF came to quickly and strongly deny it; denied himself that he ever mentioned Frederik.
the editor of this magazine also had to come out and issue an apology and retracted his article. It was based on no facts or evidence and just the author using every famous name in Denmark to sell his book :flowers:

In other news, Frederik and Mary were spotted at the heartland festival
Royalt besøg: Kronprinsparret indtager snakketeltet på Heartland | Faaborg-Midtfyn | Fyens.dk

"HEARTLAND FESTIVAL is weekend experience of music, art, talks and food, located in the stunning surroundings of Egeskov Castle and Gardens in Denmark, less than two hours’ drive from Copenhagen. "

another photo
https://scontent-arn2-1.cdninstagra...g?ig_cache_key=MTI3MDM2MzEzNzczOTcyNDg0OQ==.2

Today, Frederik and Mary and children (99% sure I can spot the children in their big family-car) privately visited the Heartland Festival at Egeskov Castle :) The Heartland festival is a weekend with experience of music, art, talks and food, located in the stunning surroundings of Egeskov Castle less than two hours’ drive from Copenhagen.

It is the couple Michael Ahlefeldt and Caroline Ahlefeldt who own Egeskov and you may remember them from different events with the DRF and they also holidayed with the Crown Prince family in Australia last year. Michael Ahlefeldt Laurvig is also one of Vincent's godfathers.

Pictures:
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=ad08281c4699df63f9725d2a2bf34f27&oe=57C314ED
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8728984a61ee6a6d997f9f1c0c44c19a&oe=580F4DDC
https://scontent-arn2-1.cdninstagra...g?ig_cache_key=MTI3MDM2MzEzNzczOTcyNDg0OQ==.2
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=da750037cd059a747769b5781766e40a&oe=57D11C8D

Article from the local newspaper:
http://www.fyens.dk/faaborg-midtfyn...arret-ankommer-til-Heartland/artikel/3015311#

Last edited:
:previous: again so wonderful that they can go out and about like everyone and enjoy a festival.

Article with one more picture
Kronprinsparret slog sig løs på Egeskov - Herognu
"the Royal couple, who were invited by Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille, enjoyed not only food and music, among other things, was included by Anne Linnet, but also each other. They held on to each other and looked like most of all any other couple who had found their way out on a warm summer evening to enjoy each other's company without children.*"

Food, drinks, music, friends, a warm summer evening, what more is needed for a night out? Fabulous, and lovely photos!

Article with one more picture
Kronprinsparret slog sig løs på Egeskov - Herognu
"the Royal couple, who were invited by Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille, enjoyed not only food and music, among other things, was included by Anne Linnet, but also each other. They held on to each other and looked like most of all any other couple who had found their way out on a warm summer evening to enjoy each other's company without children.*"

That photo is from Roskilde 2014.

Without children? Isabella can be seen in one of the pics and I doubt they would arrived in a big car like that, if it had only been the three of them.

That photo is from Roskilde 2014.

Without children? Isabella can be seen in one of the pics and I doubt they would arrived in a big car like that, if it had only been the three of them.

Yes the top photo is from 2014, there is another photo towards the bottom from this festival
http://herognu.dk/Upload/her-og-nu/2016/23/Fredag/IMG_0832.jpg

another photo of Frederik and Mary in the crowd
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CksCD9dXAAAC9oq.jpg:large

I also spot Isabella and I think Vincent in the car. but so far at the festival only Frederik and Mary pictured . Either way, nice day out

Hi Wartenberg,
In page 12 of this thread, you will find some very comprehensive posts done by Muhler on this matter. with quotes and articles
Basically the author which admitted that 90% of the book is untrue to begin with, and when the DRF came to quickly and strongly deny it; denied himself that he ever mentioned Frederik.
the editor of this magazine also had to come out and issue an apology and retracted his article. It was based on no facts or evidence and just the author using every famous name in Denmark to sell his book

Thank you, very much relieved to read your post!
Still this performance of this "author" is unheard of! How could someone publish a book like this, claiming outrageous things about a person, a family and claiming at the same time it was 90% fiction?!:bang:
What times we are living in! The problem is, that this trash remains forever in the internet and another person, may be in one year, three years might think, like I did, there might be some truth to it... Very sad and annoying

another photo of Frederik and Mary in the crowd
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CksCD9dXAAAC9oq.jpg:large

I also spot Isabella and I think Vincent in the car. but so far at the festival only Frederik and Mary pictured . Either way, nice day out

Looks like Alexandra Berleburg sitting next to Mary (her left hand side)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Food, drinks, music, friends, a warm summer evening, what more is needed for a night out? Fabulous, and lovely photos!

Indeed. And great it so easily can be done.
It's also one of the reasons to F&M's popularity. They are a part of the people and mingle with us common Danes. And they like it... No doubt about that.

From yesterday's visit:

"The Crown Prince Couple, who was invited to the Funen by Count Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille, enjoyed not only the food and music, which among other things, was provided by Anne Linnet, but also each other. They strolled around holding around each other and looked like any other couple who had made their way out on a warm summer evening to enjoy each other company."

Thanks Muhler,

Must have been a nice weekend for the CP-family.
I'm sure all four children were along as they drove in their big family car.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #24, 2016.
Written by Marianne Singer.

As you know M&F went to Egeborg Castle last weekend. But Isabella was not there with them.
Because Saturday evening Bella went to a Lukas Graham concert in Copenhagen a couple of hundred kilometers away.
The article does not mention who she went with. Presumably private friends or her nanny - and it was here she met Brandon Beal, who is mentioned in the children's thread.
Bella was observed singing along to Lukas Graham's songs and also at some point being lifted up so she could see better. Probably sitting on the shoulders of someone.
There were 20.000 others to the concert.

But back to M&F. The article does not mention their children.
They were shown around by Michael and Caroline Ahlefeldt who live at the castle.
M&F arrived around 17.00 and after being shown around and offered a little treat they went into the conversation-tent. Here the watched a debate between an architect and the British musician Brian Eno. There were several such debates that evening. - So perhaps it was understandable if they left the children at home?

And for those who are not familiar with Lukas Graham:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHCob76kigA

So that means the photo of Mary & Frederik in the car is from another day ... Because Isabella (wearing headphones) is clearly visible in the back.

Is it normal nowadays for 9 year olds to go to major pop concerts (Adele, Lukas Graham...) ?

(This holds no judgement:) I think F&M have quite a laidback approach to letting young children attend pop concerts, maybe a bit more than the "average" parent. Or have times changed while I was busy becoming old? :lol:

I certainly wouldn't let my nine year old attend a concert without a parent of some kind. However Isabella is hardly ever on her own so it's a different perspective really. :flowers:

I certainly wouldn't let my nine year old attend a concert without a parent of some kind. However Isabella is hardly ever on her own so it's a different perspective really. :flowers:

Of course, the children are always accompanied by Frederik/Mary or the parents of friends. I just didn't know primary school children attended pop concerts so regularly. :)

Neither did i. They certainly don't where i'm from. But it's all in who you know ;)

So that means the photo of Mary & Frederik in the car is from another day ... Because Isabella (wearing headphones) is clearly visible in the back.

Is it normal nowadays for 9 year olds to go to major pop concerts (Adele, Lukas Graham...) ?

(This holds no judgement:) I think F&M have quite a laidback approach to letting young children attend pop concerts, maybe a bit more than the "average" parent. Or have times changed while I was busy becoming old? :lol:

I just double-checked, the article says Saturday. Of course BB could be wrong, but it should easy to verify when it took place because Bella took a selfie with Brandon Beal at the concert.

And yes! Nine year olds do go to concerts with Lukas Graham and Adele, - if they can persuade their parents. :D
But as Lumutqueen pointed out, Isabella will always be accompanied by at least one adult, not to mention PET.

Last edited:
BB must be wrong then....

Because the picture with Isabella and Brandon Beal is taken (according to his own Instragram) last Thursday (7th June 2016).

So that IS Isabella on the backseat in Frederik and Mary's family car. It is clearly her and the picture is from that day.

And I can't see why F&M should drive in their big family car if it wasn't because they had all their children along :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom