General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 14: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet another new photo of CP Mary and Prince Christian from their swim last Friday, is now online.

Sorry, can't post the link. The two are on the shoreline facing towards each other.

There have been a lot of photos from this one particular swim - was a professional photographer there?

I'm expecting some of these to turn up in next week's magazines for everyone who doesn't follow Mary on the computer.

Thanks Roskilde - glad you're having fun gerry. Hope you get yourself down here sometime.

And yet another new photo of CP Mary and Prince Christian from their swim last Friday, is now online.

Sorry, can't post the link. The two are on the shoreline facing towards each other.

There have been a lot of photos from this one particular swim - was a professional photographer there?

I'm expecting some of these to turn up in next week's magazines for everyone who doesn't follow Mary on the computer.

Thanks Roskilde - glad you're having fun gerry. Hope you get yourself down here sometime.

Thanks Sun Lion: its indeed my plan to visit Oz, this is why I am following so closely!
:flowers::cool:

:previous:This lifeguard has become the person of the day. Where you knew :)

Thanks Sun Lion: its indeed my plan to visit Oz, this is why I am following so closely!
:flowers::cool:

You'll have to come for Christmas gerry so you can put on your rashie, go to the beach, be dumped on by the surf, dragged out by a rip and saved by a lifeguard.

You can then put your feet up on an esky, have an icy cold drink from your stubbie holder and know you've had a really Australian experience. :lol:

Yes Nordic, Saturday afternoon's shopping trip of CP Mary, Amber Petty and the two little princess was the last time we had any up-to-date reports. (It's now Tuesday early morning here.)

After broadcasting the photos of CP Mary in her rashie on TV last night, the reporter finished with saying it was believed they were on their way to Hobart - so I'm hopeful that is the case.

Whether it happens or not though?

A week or so ago, another forum quoted a newspaper report that they weren't going to Tasmania at all this trip.

Sister Jane's 50th birthday bash has been "reported" as going to be held at a place on the northern NSW coast.

I kind of believe this, as when I was looking back at the old El Questro information online - when the CP family were first in WA - I saw that Mary and Frederik had once stayed in a house on the northern NSW coast before they were married. (Maybe a friend has a property.)

Another forum has posted a photo of CP Mary with a large gathering - having a meal in Byron Bay, Nordic.

I guess the "reports" of the northern NSW coast are coming true - no Tassie Christmas! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Last edited:
:previous: The Beach Cafe at Clarke's Beach, if I'm not mistaken. Fabulous place for lunch, and perfect for a group that size.

Must get to Byron for a snoop over the next few days.

mitchell and Duke of Marmalade, thank you for posting the links.

Roslyn, thank you for identifying the Byron Bay eatery of the most recent CP Mary photo.

Much appreciated.

The story about Christian becomes more and more weird!
Øjenvidne afslører nye detaljer om prins Christians redning - og de vender op og ned på alt - Royale | www.bt.dk

Now an Australian woman has come out with a third account of what happened.
The woman, Joan Hyams says that Christian was caught by the current but that he managed to swim ashore by himself. The lifeguard was not in the water.
BT has been in the contact with the woman, who is a teacher from Brisbane.
She claims she was the one who approached the lifeguards and told them who M&F and Christian was.
Joan Hyams tells BT that she was standing twenty meters from Christian and five meters from Frederik who was standing at the shore.
She says Christian fell from his surfboard and was caught by the current.
"It's under such circumstances a person is being taken away from the coast by the current. He (Christian) could not get back on his surfboard again and began to swim back towards the beach. His board was still attached to his ankle with a rope".

Joan Hyams was with her family at the beach on holiday.

I thought it looked weird too but the guy at the head of the table whose back of head we see is wearing sunglasses too

The at the head of the table (back to the camera) seems to be wearing sunglasses too.

thanks for the photo of Mary and friends
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWziPV5UkAAVin6.jpg
I read that Frederik was there as well.
"Princess Mary and Prince Frederik at lunch inByron Baywith 60 of their family and friends"

As for the sunglasses I can relate, as I'm always wearing them :cool:, as is the bald man
Looks a bit bright. :flowers:

Last edited:
The sunglasses are not so strange imo. It's a way of having some privacy. :flowers: If she was aware of prying eyes, and she was tired, an easy way to 'check-out'.

Summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #52, 2015.

Where a Annegrethe Rasmussen would like to know what happens to Mary's discarded clothes. Does it go to second hand stores?

Jon Bloch Skipper replies that no clothes go to second hand stores. All discarded clothes are destroyed.
However that only happens rarely, because most of her clothes are still kept in her wardrobes and sometimes recycled, sometimes remade and sometimes rearranged. This is handled by Mary and her stylist Anja Alajdi.

The story about Christian becomes more and more weird!
Øjenvidne afslører nye detaljer om prins Christians redning - og de vender op og ned på alt - Royale | www.bt.dk

Now an Australian woman has come out with a third account of what happened.
The woman, Joan Hyams says that Christian was caught by the current but that he managed to swim ashore by himself. The lifeguard was not in the water.
BT has been in the contact with the woman, who is a teacher from Brisbane.
She claims she was the one who approached the lifeguards and told them who M&F and Christian was.
Joan Hyams tells BT that she was standing twenty meters from Christian and five meters from Frederik who was standing at the shore.
She says Christian fell from his surfboard and was caught by the current.
"It's under such circumstances a person is being taken away from the coast by the current. He (Christian) could not get back on his surfboard again and began to swim back towards the beach. His board was still attached to his ankle with a rope".

Joan Hyams was with her family at the beach on holiday.

""The lifeguard was very effective. He saw that Christian was struggling against the tide and went down to Frederik the water's edge. They exchanged a few words. It seems that they clarified that the child was Frederik. After this, both saw that Christian managed to catch a wave that brought him back to shore, "says Joan Hyams and continues:
Joan Hyams also stated that it made a strong impression on her that Crown Prince Frederik left his son for himself in the water:
"As a mother and teacher, I am very impressed that Frederik was restrained enough to let his son handle the situation themselves. Nothing helicopter parents here, "says Joan Hyams to BT.""

Well, this is strange another account.;)
But from her account and the lifeguard himself, along with the DRF statement I think we can reach the conclusion that this was not as "sensational" as it came out be at first.
Glad everyone involved was alert and did, by all accounts, everything correctly :flowers:

Thanks Polyesco, so the article has been updated.

And BT has again phoned the head of the lifeguard Warren Young for a comment: "Nick Malclom paddled out in the water on his surfboard in order to fetch him (Christian). He was out in the water, but from what Nick has told me, not very far out - only ten meters.
Those guys who work for us are fast, very fast on their surfboards. And Nick Malcolm is extremely fast on his board. - None of us has at any time wished for attention about this. This is something we do daily and it was routine for us".

Perhaps Joan Hyams saw a second incident - earlier or later than the one where the lifeguard paddled out to Christian.

If a lifeguard saw a child struggling, wouldn't the first thing to do is go save the child not find a possible parent , have a chat and then hope the child is okay?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Perhaps Joan Hyams saw a second incident - earlier or later than the one where the lifeguard paddled out to Christian.

This is what I was thinking. The two accounts are inconsistent in a number of important respects.

If a lifeguard saw a child struggling, wouldn't the first thing to do is go save the child not find a possible parent , have a chat and then hope the child is okay?

Yes. I can't imagine the "chat" scenario happening if a lifeguard saw a child in trouble. He'd be straight in the water to save the child. It's possible the supervising lifeguard had a conversation with the parent while the rescue was taking place though.

Last edited:
Byron is a lovely place - seems that this is the area they will be spending Christmas and Jane's birthday in. It is certainly a beautiful part of the east coast. I had really hoped that they would spend it in Tasmania but maybe they thought that it would be where the photographers would be hanging out and they wanted more private.
Will they get down to Sydney before they leave - always a special place for them and nice to show the kids it more this time as well

Regarding Mary wearing sunglass in the restaurant: one thing you notice about Australia is just how bright the light is here, compared to Europe, which is a much softer light. Mary would be used to the softer European light by now, so it is entirely understandable that she would soften the bright Aussie light with sunglasses, even on the patio.

And by the way, wouldn't be surprised if Fred is a candidate as crew member on one of the yachts in the Sydney to Hobart yacht race starting Boxing Day!

Regarding Mary wearing sunglass in the restaurant: one thing you notice about Australia is just how bright the light is here, compared to Europe, which is a much softer light. Mary would be used to the softer European light by now, so it is entirely understandable that she would soften the bright Aussie light with sunglasses, even on the patio.

Yes, and that roof is not solid. The panels roll up or can be detached depending on season and weather. It can be very bright and I have worn sunglasses there when the roof was closed like that. If anyone's interested, here are some photos of the place: https://www.google.com.au/maps/uv?h...ved=0ahUKEwiCjvzYjPHJAhUFrKYKHcCjAy4QoioIeTAN

:previous:
Thanks for the link Roslyn, That looks like one very nice place to have dinner. And in the evening with the twinkling lights even more so, beautiful place and I bet the seafood is out of this world.:)

New photos of CP Mary with Amber, and Danish friends Julie Molsgaard and Caroline Ahlefeldt-Laurvig, at the "Crystal Castle" spritiual gardens - in the Byron Bay hinterland - are now online.

(It is currently 5.15pm Wednesday, so these were only taken a few hours ago.)

I'm on my tablet so I can't post the link, but maybe someone can, as there are a lot of photos and information.

"Daily Mail Australia - The peaceful princess: Mary goes zen" etc.

Last edited:
New photos of CP Mary with Amber, and Danish friends Julie Molesgaard and Caroline at the Crystal Castle spritiual gardens - in the Byron Bay hinterland - are now online.

(It is currently 5.15pm Wednesday, so these were only taken a few hours ago.)

I'mon my tablet so I can't post the link, but maybe some one can as there are a lot of photos and information.

"Daily Mail Australia - Princess Mary Goes Zen".

here we go :flowers:
Crown Princess Mary goes zen at Byron Bay spiritual gardens | Daily Mail Online

CP Mary and a large group - around eight people - also stopped by the "Poinciana Cafe" in Mullumbimby for ten minutes to get coffees.

Mary herself placed the orders.

No photos of this though - or at least not yet.

thanks for the photo of Mary and friends
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWziPV5UkAAVin6.jpg
I read that Frederik was there as well.
"Princess Mary and Prince Frederik at lunch inByron Baywith 60 of their family and friends"

As for the sunglasses I can relate, as I'm always wearing them :cool:, as is the bald man
Looks a bit bright. :flowers:
The light down south here is very, very, bright and the hole in the ozone very large. Curtains and carpets fade something awful.

As for sunglasses, whenever we leave the house it's "where's my sunnies?" and, more often than not, "where's my sunhat?" of which we all have multiples.

HOW CAN I BE SUNSMART

Being SunSmart is about protecting skin and eyes from damaging UV radiation.

From September to April when outdoors:

Slip into a long-sleeved shirt and into the shade. Generally, fabrics with a tighter weave and darker colours will give you greater protection from the sun. Some clothing is sold with a UV radiation Protection Factor (UPF) rating. Clothing with a UPF of 50+ offers superior protection and could be an ideal choice for outdoor workers.

Slop on plenty of broad-spectrum (filters both UVA and UVB rays) sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 30. Apply sunscreen at least 20 minutes before going outdoors and reapply every two hours. Reapply more frequently if sweating or swimming.

Slap on a hat with a wide-brim or a cap with flaps. This will help reduce the risk of sunburn to your face, ears and neck. These are the most common places where we get sunburnt.

Wrap on a pair of close-fitting sunglasses. When buying sunglasses, look for the words 'good UV protection' on the label or swing tag.

Remember to always protect skin and eyes when you're in the mountains, or around reflective surfaces like snow and water, when UV levels are damaging.
They used to have a jingle for the kids to sing, "Slip, Slop, Slap, in the sun the summer this summer . . . but then they had to add 'wrap' and it doesn't quite scan the same. But they are words we live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom