General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 14: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any confirmation if Prince Frederik and Princess Mary will be back in Denmark for the New Year's balls?

:previous:

Again Duke of Marmalade you've stepped in and made things happen.

Cheers! I bet I'm not the only one to appreciate your posts - these new snaps and the previous links.

Thank You. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Last edited:
Ah the beach in summer at home I can feel the sand and the smell the sea in those pictures ... I wish I was home now!!!

Last edited:
Yes Frederik, Mary and children may soon be on their way home to Denmark. Phew, that's a long flight. I gueess the Crown Prince family will spend a relaxing and quiet New Year's Eve.

I can't imagine all those experiences and memories they must take with them home to Denmark. Seems like they have had a wonderful time with Mary's family and friends in her home country. First a road trip in Western Australia and later beach and koala bears in Queensland. I'm happy that F&M and children and family got 2,5 weeks completely private, where they were left alone with Mary's family. In Queensland they visited the zoo and amusement parks in privatness. In Byron Bay they spend the Christmas and celebrated sister Jane's 50th birtday. Here the last week from Byron Bay we have got pictures from the same beach every second day. But I don't F&M could have wished for more, lovely :)

Meanwhile, we have here in Denmark got the Crown Prince Family's lovely Christmas/New Years Card 2015 :) Taken in Trend - as the outdoor family F&M and children are - obvious love the nature around.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=eebd7f9dda5917081e0b9e823ebc8695&oe=5719BE92
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=6098e2399e16b97dcebe86d131e6d798&oe=571DC277
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=52d3cd5f34e191204e3fd99037229f2f&oe=56FE5504

Last edited:
According to Her&Nu, Frederik, Mary and children have today arrived safely back home to Denmark and have driven directly to the hunting lodge in Trend where they will celebrate a quiet New Year's Eve. (Her&Nu is by no means a sure or good source! But it's very likely as we know F&M loves Trend and have celebrated New Year's Eve in Trend the last many years)

BUNTE print has a few fore beach photos, including one Fred & Mary kissing (page 3 of the gallery).
BUNTE: Das Heft 01/2016 | BUNTE.de

Thanks DOM. I usually do not at all care for paparazzi pictures, but the one of F&M kissing in the waters edge is :wub:

And as it's barely we see our Crown Princess Mary in swimsuits/surfer outfits I can't resist commenting on what a nice, healthy and natural body/figure she has! A pleasure to watch in a time where way too many resort to silicone breasts and so on. I don't blame Frederik for always having his hands placed those places he has on his Crown Princess :p

Oh I guess it's time for bed now. Goodnight.

Last edited:
:previous:
Thanks. Nice to hear they have returned safely, and to Trend a place the family enjoys a lot.

Lovely photo of Frederik and Mary,
http://i.imgur.com/02fkKMP.jpg
This was a trip I'm sure they will remember, and I'm sure they appreciated the almost privacy .

The Danish press has in the past few days finally shown the beach pics from M&F's stay in Australia.
I suspect they hesitated because such pics would be a breach of the privacy laws had they been taken here in DK. Perhaps they okay'ed it with court?

Anyway, here is a BT gallery: Se alle billederne: Mary og Frederiks royale badeferie i de australske bølger - Royale | www.bt.dk
Frederik does seem to have a fondness for his wife's behind. It's far from the first time we see his hand in that general area.

BT has also spoken with "experts" who believe it's a good idea the family went for a long holiday to Australia.
From what I hear that seems to be the general attitude by the Danes.

and why not? Mary is Australian and for my taste she hasn't gone very often visiting her home country, I don't think she's by far not been in Australia as often as Maxima goes to Argentina.
I guess Danes would start talking if Mary went to Australia every other month but once a year IMO everybody understands, and she's not even doing that.
Taking December off was a great opportunity to show her family her home country, what is an important family occasion.

:previous: I couldn't agree more.
Of course M&F's children should get to know the homeland of their mother and of course Mary should visit her family from time to time. It's not like they live a couple of hours flight away.

In a very few years it will not be practical to go for an extended summer holiday to Australia in December, because Christian will be so old that he shouldn't miss three weeks away from school. That will be even more the case when he starts in high school!
- Apart from it being a poor signal to send, because the schools are urging parents not to take their children on extended vacations outside the school holidays.

If memory serves me correctly, the Donaldsons wanted to have a family reunion during Christmas 2014. They weren't able to because the Queen had plans to have all of her family together for a grand Christmas that year. Remember that wonderful picture of the whole family in front of the Christmas tree? That's why I think that this trip was so important, and may have been Frederik's gift to Mary and the children.

It's good that the Danes generally supported this holiday. Here in the US, there is some griping because our President is on his annual vacation in Hawaii. Personally, I don't mind because he can never get away from his job completely. And Hawaii is still part of he US. There will always be critics, and suppose F&M will get some disapproval, too.

- Apart from it being a poor signal to send, because the schools are urging parents not to take their children on extended vacations outside the school holidays.

I wouldn't even bother about that. Especially Christian is not 'any other children'. If he takes a month off with his parents, he'll have a private teacher travelling with him. He's not normal in that respect and I wouldn't expect him to be.

One month is fine, December a good option, another being 2 or even 3 months over the summer, I am sure they would have done that, but it's winter in Australia then. Haakon & MM did something similar with their kids, kind of an educational sabbatical for 2 or 3 months. People were outraged back then but as I said, these kids or families are far from normal, they have the money to handle everything.

But M and F try to show themselves to be as normal as possible. IMO once children get older its unacceptable to take them out of school early. I'm sure Mary and Fredrik will be aware of this, they can still go on the long summer holiday, its just hard luck that it will be winter in Auz then.

Indeed.
Because M&F are role models as parents and also in regards to schooling. Considerably more than a number of politicians I could mention... - Who advise by the principle: Do what we say, not what we do ourselves.

Better that a halo hangs shining above the head, rather than being worn as a necklace, eh? :innocent: :p

BT has some details on how she keeps fit and toned: http://www.bt.dk/royale/mary-er-en-vaskeaegte-supermor-saadan-holder-hun-sig-saa-flot

She has a fitness room at kancellihuset (there is also a fitness room at Amalienborg though) sometimes with a personal trainer. One was a former NCO in the Royal Lifeguard.

She rides from time to time, good for the belly-muscles and thighs.

She swims.

Yoga. Mary did yoga exercise twice a week beforehand. (Perhaps she still do?)

She has for the past couple of years been boxing.

Last edited:
Considering that they are sending their children to state run schools it would be best if they do follow the attendance rules that everyone is expected to adhere to.

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom