General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 14: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This lovely frontpage with Frederik and Mary can been seen on today's newspaper BT around Denmark.

A large interview with Crown Prince Frederik:
Mary gets Frederik to seek new ways - "Why she (Mary) makes me so happy and proud"
:
Mary får Frederik til at søge nye veje: Derfor gør hun mig så glad og stolt - Special | www.bt.dk

BT has interviewed Frederik during his trip to Nepal and has put a small part of the interview online:

Denmark's future King will spend more time there where the need is biggest. That tells the Crown Prince in a large interview with BT today who has been with and met Frederik in Nepal.

Both body and mind are tired after a hard field trip. Hours and hours on the seats in the old Red Cross four-wheel car. Mountain trekking in Nepal's humid heat. As well as lots of speeches, work and official presentations.

Yet, Crown Prince Frederik's eyes get extra glow and his voice renewed strength when the conversation turns to Crown Princess Mary, who is located more than 8,000 km from the simple office in Kathmandu, where BT meet the Crown Prince and who spend lots of time and effort to help them who need it. Both at home and abroad. Among other things as the patron of the Danish Refugee Council, United Nations Population Fund, and not least as the founder of the Mary Foundation.

"It makes me so happy and so proud to see how Mary pursues that track," said Crown Prince Frederik.

"I teach almost more of her than she does of me. She has a fulltime focus on it and is requested as a speaker and frontman far up in the UN system, so it's a pleasure. We help each other, and it's great and fun."

The Crown Prince Couple now have known each other for 16 years. They have four children, a copper wedding anniversary is approaching and they stand stronger than ever before.

"It's fantastic to see Mary doing things that are really exceptional. That was how she was even before we met each other I can remember. She is such a person who is aware of people and people's welfare - in particular those who need a helping hand," says Crown Prince Frederik to BT.

Proud father
Frederik and Mary's four children are now Christian on 9 years old, Isabella on 8 years old and the 4 years old Vincent and Josephine. During the trip Crown Prince Frederik often takes pictures with his iPhone. Pictures he shows to Mary and especially the children when he returnes home.

"The pictures will be used to tell about the trip to my family. But I must admit I'm not always so good to do more about all the pictures. They are usually seated in the phone where I also show them from."

Frederik explains that the children at home have difficulty to understand the natural disaster their father is out to experience with the Danish Red Cross.

"They can't really relate to it, because one can't really see an earthquake unlike other natural disasters. As for example tornadoes which our little ones and especially Vincent is very fascinated by at the moment. He has seen a tornado on TV and he draws tornadoes in the kindergarten. They think it's very exciting. Tornadoes moves, one can be sucked up in it and flung away, it looks veeeeery dangerous," says Frederik with a father's pride in his voice.

"I'm not going to tell I've been near a tornado, but when I have to explain to them what happened I will in a pedagogical way say that it's as dangerous as a tornado."

Brings local toys home to the children
Crown Prince Frederik says with a smile that he usually buys "boring" gifts to take home to her children. In the sense that they rarely come from the toy stores most appealing shelves.

"It is to present the world for my children. If they could choose they would probably choose a remote-controlled toy car. But you can get that one anywhere. Instead I come home with something that gives my children a good idea of where I have been and what culture I have experienced. For example a mask, a puppet or a local board game."

It's a tradition Frederik carry on from his father, Prince Henrik.

"He came home with lots of things that he himself had received in the villages he visited. Wooden figures, cars made of steel wire and other things that we children at home thought was exciting."

As 81 years old is Prince Henrik now no longer is able to take as active a part in the field work with the Danish Red Cross. And it was Prince Henrik who wished that it was Frederik who took over from him.

Frederik is now "kommiceret" a sort of ambassador for the Danish Red Cross.

"My father wished that I continued the work. There is a tradition in our family to be active in the Danish Red Cross," says Frederik.

"I'm the younger now and my father the older, he would like to still show a little, but he can no longer be as active as before."

Invaluable experience
Crown Prince Frederik calls his working trip invaluable.

"You can always communicate a little better about for example Red Cross' work when you have been out and try it on your own body. It's an invaluable experience I can take with me in my backpack from here."

"This is not a one-time trip. There will be other opportunities for me in the future and I'm looking very much forward to them."

BT's journalist observes that it is obvious that Crown Prince Frederik is in his right element when he visits the other end. Where he can meet those who need help. Try on his own body to carrying the heavy materials up in the mountains just like the Nepalese themselves.

Attachments

• 11952737_507388102753780_4075283016889813770_o.jpg
    11952737_507388102753780_4075283016889813770_o.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
:previous:thank you so much Roskilde :flowers:

What a wonderful interview.
the way he talks about Mary, acknowledging she has more experience in this since this has been one of her focus...You can tell he is very proud of her.

Love that he takes pictures to explain to his kids and that he gets local toys that you cant buy just anywhere else.

Wonderful that he is shifting to take this role from Henrik and will do more of these in the future...Just like in Japan after the Tsunami, he has done so well in Nepal to connect with the people and bring attention to the crisis and the Danish Red Cross

Many Thanks Roskilde for taking the time to translate all of that for us. It is much appreciated. Cheers

BB has uploaded a sneak preview article on the website with more of the interview with Frederik - and with a cute little detail from Frederik to his wife :)

http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...klaerer-sin-kaerlighed-til-kronprinsesse-mary

At some point during the trip Frederik received a kind of a love diploma.

When he received the special honor and the visible signs of warm feelings from the Nepalese hosts a smiling Frederik was quick with a comment:

- "This one my wife should have".

Frederik also told in the interviews that he is looking forward to getting home to his family at Amalienborg to tell especially the children about his experiences far away from the safe environment in Denmark.

- "When I get home I will tell my children how lucky they are. It's good to appreciate that you have it well under our sky."

Frederik also tells more about the trip and about being close to the 50 years. (Maybe Muhler tells more about the interview in BB the the coming days :flowers: )

On Saturday, September 26th, is it Lidingöloppet outside Stockholm. Lidingöloppet is the last competition in "The Sweden Classics", that Crown Prince Frederik has taken part of all during this year.

We'll see if we get a confirmation of his participation later on?

It is now on the calendar
H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager i Lidingö løbet - Kongehuset
HRH Crown Prince participates in Lidingö race in Stockholm, Sweden.

and if he completes this he will have the Swedish Classic.
"It is called the combination of four major races in Sweden, Vasaloppet, Vätternrundan, Vansbroimningen and Lidingöloppet, Completed within 12 months

Vasaloppet -March 2015
http://www.cna.org.cy/imageweb.asp?id=3480da1e6e5446e0811a960189f6d6f5
Vätternrundan -June 2015
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/h...e15/11357603_1012837872067304_878963986_n.jpg
Vansbroimningen -July 2015
http://images.mmcloud.se/api/v1/ima...da2a/980.jpg?9c57f6f85d98521c4785434da30c088c

Last edited:
Sometimes I really wish someone would :beamup:

Helmetgate continues in BT. Lots of hits... Rådet for Sikker Trafik: Vi hidser os ikke op over Marys manglende hjelm - Danmark | www.bt.dk

Now BT has asked the manger for Council for Safe Traffic, Mogens Kjærgaard Møller, for a comment: "I can't get worked up that you don't do it (wear a helmet). We live in a free country where it is up to the individual whether you want to use a bicycle helmet. But we recommend that all wear bicycle helmets - also the royals - because we know it has an effect (*)".

The Cyclist Association (whose members should be kept in a leash by a guide dog, because the majority tend to blind and deaf, when mounting their bikes!) has more to say, sort of: "If you stand on the street (**) and look at the millions of cyclists, some wear helmets, while others don't. In the Cyclist Association we recommend that you use a helmet, but we also think it's really good that you display a sustainable lifestyle, when you mount a bike.
We are against making it mandatory by law, because surveys show that if the helmet is made mandatory, then less will cycle".

BT even had a survey.

Should/ought Mary wear a helmet? - 44% say yes.
20 % say no.
36 % say that at least the children should wear helmets.

But it's a nice big pic of Mary, eh? http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/646/10/10646667-mary.jpg

(*) Not necessarily. If a cyclist lands on his head, he is unlikely to suffer a brain-damage. Whereas if he lands on his behind... - Sorry, bad Muhler. :p

(**) You'd likely be run over by a foaming cyclist within five nanoseconds! - Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Muhler, I don't know what cyclists are like where you live in Denmark, but when I was biking in Copenhagen this summer I was AMAZED at how polite the cyclists were:flowers: They stopped at stoplights, they indicated left or right turns and were extremely helpful to this tourist who often lost her way in the maze of Copenhagen streets! Do please know how lucky you are in Denmark with such cyclists; things in Amsterdam, where I also cycle, are like the wild West in comparison:bang: Regarding the helmet issue, I do wear one in Toronto but only because the drivers are so very preoccupied with their own lives and cellphones, often forgetting to watch where they are going

Last edited:
[QUOTE}Muhler, I don't know what cyclists are like where you live in Denmark, but when I was biking in Copenhagen this summer I was AMAZED at how polite the cyclists were:flowers: They stopped at stoplights, they indicated left or right turns and were extremely helpful to this tourist who often lost her way in the maze of Copenhagen streets! Do please know how lucky you are in Denmark with such cyclists; things in Amsterdam, where I also cycle, are like the wild West in comparison:bang: Regarding the helmet issue, I do wear one in Toronto but only because the drivers are so very preoccupied with their own lives and cellphones, often forgetting to watch where they are going so that cycling is a real health risk at times:eek:[/QUOTE]

Crown Princess Mary works with over 25 charities and organisations | Daily Mail Online

An article about Mary in Daily Mail.
It's actually more a veiled attack on Catherine. - Whether that is fair or not is outside the topic of this thread, but the pics of Mary are nice.

:previous:
I'm glad you had a good experience in Copenhagen, Gerry :)
Cyclists out here in the countryside actually tend to be careful, simply out of necessity due to dark roads most of the year. - It's the odd intoxicated moped that can be a concern, transporting it's occupant on an not always predictable course towards the nearest supermarket for liquid supplies.
But come weekends... With herds of maniac exercise cyclists roaming the roads, wearing too tight outfits for their stature, completely oblivious to anything else, because they all believe they are taking part in Tour de France. - At such times you really find the bad guys hunting the odd movie hero with a combine-harvester quite likable. :D

The Daily Mail cites our thread on Mary's patronages and charities (here) as their source for her list of charities halfway down the article, and links to that thread as a "Read More" at the bottom of the article.

Glad to see my thread titles are deemed adequate enough for a copy paste job! :p

The Daily Mail cites our thread on Mary's patronages and charities (here) as their source for her list of charities halfway down the article, and links to that thread as a "Read More" at the bottom of the article.

Glad to see my thread titles are deemed adequate enough for a copy paste job! :p

Congratulations JessRulz!!! Well the DM has found TRF. Will they be back to find more facts?

Crown Princess Mary works with over 25 charities and organisations | Daily Mail Online

An article about Mary in Daily Mail.
It's actually more a veiled attack on Catherine. - Whether that is fair or not is outside the topic of this thread, but the pics of Mary are nice.

I'm glad you had a good experience in Copenhagen, Gerry :)
Cyclists out here in the countryside actually tend to be careful, simply out of necessity due to dark roads most of the year. - It's the odd intoxicated moped that can be a concern, transporting it's occupant on an not always predictable course towards the nearest supermarket for liquid supplies.
But come weekends... With herds of maniac exercise cyclists roaming the roads, wearing too tight outfits for their stature, completely oblivious to anything else, because they all believe they are taking part in Tour de France. - At such times you really find the bad guys hunting the odd movie hero with a combine-harvester quite likable. :D

Odd that the DM has ignored the UK's Duchess of Cornwall in this article who like CP Mary is the patron of several organizations. After all Camilla is the wife of the heir-to-the-throne. Kate is his daughter-in-law.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is great that she has so many charities but I am sure she has a lot of aids helping her with this, she is not doing it alone, now and then she gets all nice dress up and pay a nice visit that promote the charity . I think a lot of times she is like an honorary member that give the charity publicity , so that way with her precense help the charity! and of course it is great any way she does it!

Odd that the DM has ignored the UK's Duchess of Cornwall in this article who like CP Mary is the patron of several organizations. After all Camilla is the wife of the heir-to-the-throne. Kate is his daughter-in-law.

Yes, if comparisons must be made its the Duchess of Cornwall who is Mary's counterpart in Britain. Both in position and years married.

It is great that she has so many charities but I am sure she has a lot of aids helping her with this, she is not doing it alone, now and then she gets all nice dress up and pay a nice visit that promote the charity . I think a lot of times she is like an honorary member that give the charity publicity , so that way with her precense help the charity! and of course it is great any way she does it!

She does have a lot of help, as do all royals.
But Mary does more than just show up, she attends many behind the scenes meetings, that we often hear about after the fact or when a photo or an article pops up, if anything at all.
Mary seems very involved in what she does.
And the people seem to really make a connection with her
(Same applies to Frederik imo)

It is great that she has so many charities but I am sure she has a lot of aids helping her with this, she is not doing it alone,
Lots of aids? There's the Chief of Court and Mary has a secretary.

Yes, if comparisons must be made its the Duchess of Cornwall who is Mary's counterpart in Britain. Both in position and years married.

According to the Prince of Wales' website Camilla is patron of 87 organizations and charities. She also regularly does additional charity work and visits, both public and private.

Which obviously doesn't take away from any of the good work CP Mary has done and continues to do, since it's not a competition.

Thank you Camelot for sharing this information. I was surprised to read how many patronages/charities that both Mary and Camilla have in common in their respective nations.

Last edited:
According to the Prince of Wales' website Camilla is patron of 87 organizations and charities. She also regularly does additional charity work and visits, both public and private.

Which obviously doesn't take away from any of the good work CP Mary has done and continues to do, since it's not a competition.

Not mentioned though is that Mary also has four young children to care for that should also be noted. Please this is not against Camilla she does a excellent job and I like her a lot and she is one of the few royals that I really take an interest in.

Not mentioned though is that Mary also has four young children to care for that should also be noted. Please this is not against Camilla she does a excellent job and I like her a lot and she is one of the few royals that I really take an interest in.

I think part of this is because Camilla has always tried to play the part of supporting wife to Charles rather than do lots of her own, individual, engagements.

I am sorry, but I still don't understand. :flowers:
Which people do you mean and what do they do?

What I mean is that each charity has employees working for it, Like her ex lady in waiting ,Carolina, now she in working in one of her charities, so I imagine She probably is of course involve and give directions but each charity has employees that work for it.

What I mean is that each charity has employees working for it, Like her ex lady in waiting ,Carolina, now she in working in one of her charities, so I imagine She probably is of course involve and give directions but each charity has employees that work for it.

Ok....Thanks. I think I understand a bit better now. I thought you meant people employed by Mary working in the "charities".

Yes, of course, all her patronages (if you mean them) have employees and/or volunteers. Mary has only one "charity", the Mary Foundation, which also has employees. Caroline Heering did work for the 'Mary Foundation' for some years but stopped working for it a couple of years ago. Since then, Caroline is only a member of the board.

Ok....Thanks. I think I understand a bit better now. I thought you meant people employed by Mary working in the "charities".

Yes, of course, all her patronages (if you mean them) have employees and/or volunteers. Mary has only one "charity", the Mary Foundation, which also has employees. Caroline Heering did work for the 'Mary Foundation' for some years but stopped working for it a couple of years ago. Since then, Caroline is only a member of the board.
I t would be impossible for any person to take care of 25 charities by themselves, so like you said , some people volunteer and another have a job there , a team work, of course she takes care but not all by herself, she probably direct a lot!

She is only a supporter of these charities isn't she? I believe the only one she is personally involved in is the Mary Foundation, the others are charities/organisations that existed before her involvement that she has agreed to be a public supporter of.

I t would be impossible for any person to take care of 25 charities by themselves, so like you said , some people volunteer and another have a job there , a team work, of course she takes care but not all by herself, she probably direct a lot!

Of course. I don't think anyone said these were Mary's own creations and works at them herself alone.
All royals agree to be patron of some organizations.

Mary created the Mary Foundation but she is also involved in many. We have seen that she puts alot of effort in her work and adds personal involvement. I would say she does alot more than just show up.
We can see the people are highly satisfied with their crown princess :flowers:

She is only a supporter of these charities isn't she? I believe the only one she is personally involved in is the Mary Foundation, the others are charities/organisations that existed before her involvement that she has agreed to be a public supporter of.

Mary and the other members of the DRF are involved in their protections to whatever extent they want.
That is that they are briefed about what is going on, they meet with representatives of the organizations, get to know them and also meet unofficially with persons these organizations deal with.
Then they discuss how and when to represent/promote/put focus on the protections. So I'd say most happens behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom