General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 14: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An article from "The Australian" is now online, again confirming that the life-saver did not know it was Prince Christian that he rescued.

Chief lifeguard Warren Young said Christian was a "good little swimmer" and that he didn't panic.

Mr Young said lifeguard Nick Malcolm was "completely unaware" of who he had rescued until the CP family had left the beach and some-one who had recognised them, told him who they were.

Mr Young also praises CP Mary and CP Frederik for swimming between the flags, and for supervising their children while they were in the surf.

(Sorry, can't post the link from my tablet.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll take this story with a grain of salt. With all due respect to the lifeguards who, I'm know, do a terrific and very important job, people always tend to lay it on thick when encountering royals – especially if the press is involved. I'm sure this was just a precautionary measure and that Christian was never actually in a life-threatening situation.

Anyone in similar danger to Christian would have been rescued. Lifeguards assess the risk and act accordingly - to prevent possible drownings. Normally the report of a precautionary rescue would not reach the National News, I agree. The Royal Prince factor meant it was broadcast more widely.

I've heard news stories stating numbers of rescues or the state of the sea etc. Dramatic rescues involving the Life Saver Rescue Helicopter, people falling out of boats, surf rescue boats assisting and near drownings or deaths are often reported.

An incident like Christian's rescue, while not normally newsworthy, has served to highlight the importance of swimming between the flags. It also alerts all to the huge bulk of preventative life saving work carried out by Lifeguards. I think Nick Malcolm's boss was right to answer questions. The press asked for details so he might as well be informative and accurate.

It's a story with a happy ending where Christian lives to tell the tale as do many other kids like him.

Last edited:
The 6.00pm news has just broadcast the photos of the CP family taken when they were swimming on Friday. (After their visit to Dreamworld.)

The reporter said they are now believed to be on their way to Hobart.

That Christian didn't realise he was in danger says a lot about his lack of knowledge of the surf and its dangers and that he wasn't properly prepared for the experience of the Australian conditions.

Several posters have assumed, that he didn't fully realise his situation.
You are assuming that the parents, who both are very experienced with water and are good swimmers, hadn't properly prepared the kids.

I think a mother who volunteered as a life-guard herself in her youth would do the best she can to prepare the kids for Australian conditions.

You can prepare and give instructions to kids until you are blue in the face, and still things just happen.

Last edited:
A few new photos of CP Mary and family swimming last Friday are now online - "Danish Royalty in a rashie", (sorry, I can't post links from my tablet), including little Princess Josephine's un-pixilated face.

And "Daily Mail Australia" now has an article on lifeguard Nick Malcolm who was on duty again today.

His friends and work-mates are saying his phone is ringing off the hook.

Modest Nick is a bit overwhelmed by all the attention he's drawing.

Last edited:
Sorry members, but it happened last week. Don't use your time caring about something undramatic there happened last week and Christian himself and his family have happily been on the beach and in waterparks and what else enjoying their family vacation since :)

It was 1 feather there became 5 hens. The lifeguard team confirms that. It took place as a routine work and it all went on un-dramatic. Christian got "a little help" to be pushed the few meters back in again which the sudden rip have led him out.

Forvirring om prins Christians redningsaktion: Her er livreddernes forklaring – Ekstra Bladet

Nye detaljer om dramaet i Australien: Sådan blev prins Christian reddet - Royale | www.bt.dk

Chief Lifeguard says that Prince Christian did the right thing and swam between the flags that surround the area which is under the supervision of lifeguards at Mermaid Beach.

"His father (Prince Frederik, ed) stood and kept an eye on him. In a second, the situation changed, though, when Christian was led out some meters by a local and temporary rip."

The 25-year-old lifeguard decided to paddled out to Christian to check him. Prince Christian was never in panic and could himself swim the meters back in to the shore again while the lifeguard helped him by giving him some push.

"He was fine, and his parents thanked personally the lifeguard afterwards."
said Warren Young who has only praise for the Danish family.

- They behaved impeccably. They (Frederik and Mary and family, ed) just relaxed on the beach and watched their children. They did not do anything to attract attention."

Q: Stuart Key said yesterday that Prince Christian would not be able to swim in on his own. Can you confirm that?

"- I think it's more of a judgment call. Prince Christian got a little bit of help, and it was fine. If he had not get help, would he had could svim in by himself? Probably - but we can't take the risk. That's our job."

"- We take pride in getting out before people come in trouble, because the flow here can change all the time. We have many routime rescue all days, also that day," said Warren Young.

So this happened as a routine work. And the CP-couple of course personal thanked the lifeguard for good treatment afterwards. A lifeguard's work is to spot things before we others can spot them and thereby averting a potential danger from happen.

So all in all, everybody just did their job. All were fine and Christian and family was happily out in the water again shortly after. And as the Crown Prince Family already long time ago have moved on and obviously enjoying their family vacation, I think members here can and should as well :flowers:

Now there isn't long to Christmas Eve and I hope the family Donaldson will have a wonderful one and continue to be left private. Hope for at wonderful Christmas for members in here as well :)

Last edited:
Now a more clear picture begins to emerge, based on the Australian reports and this interview with the chief lifeguard in BT: Nye detaljer om dramaet i Australien: Sådan blev prins Christian reddet - Royale | www.bt.dk

Full translation:

It was a dangerous current - a socalled horse-hole (*) which Thursday caught ten year old Prince Christian during a bathing trip on the CP-couple Christmas holiday in Australia.

That's why it was necessary to launch a rescue mission in order to get the Danish heir safe back on land at Mermaid Beach on Australias famous Gold Coast.
That is confirmed by the head of lifeguards on the beach Warren Young to BT.

"We have one priority above everything else. And that's to say human lives", says Warren Young on the phone from Australia. He is the head of the team of lifeguards, who prevented the CP-couple's Christmas holiday from having a fatal ending.
Warren Young says that Prince Christian prior to the incident did the right thing and swam between the flags which mark the area under surveillance by the lifeguards on Mermaid Beach.
"His dad (Frederik) was watching him" says Warren Young.

The situation was changed within a few seconds. Because the young heir to the Danish throne was suddenly caught in a powerful outward moving, local and temporary current, a so-called horse-hole.
Warren Young tells BT that Prince Christian was swept away from the shore towards deeper water. The current was so strong that it would have been futile for the 10 year old Prince to swim back towards shore.

The 25 year old lifeguard Nick Malcolm knew that, he quickly jumped on a surfboard and paddled out to the Prince who was in trouble.
Warren Young says that Prince Christian reacted swiftly at the sight of Nick Malcolm and got himself up on the surfboard. Then the lifeguard could safely push him ashore.

"I'm glad he turned out to be a strong swimmer, so that he could stay afloat. The lifeguard rush up onto the board and reached him. He (Christian) wasn't swept more than ten meters away, after the current caught him", says Warren Young to BT and adds: "He was fine and his parents personally thanked the lifeguard afterwards".

Warren Young and his team of lifeguards at Mermaid Beach have ensured the safety of bathers for 42 years. But they have never tried rescuing an heir to a throne before and it was also only some time after the incident that it dawned on the team of lifeguards who it was they had saved.

"The lifeguards had o idea who it was. We just want to look after all on the beach. Especially the children. He (Christian) was not panicking at any stage", says Warren Young.

"But I can of course understand it attracts attention. But we were just doing our job. They (M&F) were just relaxing on the beach and kept an eye on their children. They did nothing to attract attention", says Warren Young to BT.

(*) Horse-holes are holes dug in the sand by the current and depending on the direction of the current a small person like a child can be swept out to sea, because the current is stronger over such a hole.
But they can also be dangerous to adults, especially poor swimmers. Because if you walk into such a hole, you lose your footing and you can be swept out to sea while swallowing half the North Sea. Or worse, you can be dragged down long enough for you to panic and drown.
Horse-holes rarely stay in the same place. The next week the hole may have been filled again and the current may have dug a new hole somewhere else.
While you can often spot horse holes from land (the sea has a different shade of blue) you can see it while swimming.

- So to me this picture begins to emerge:
Christian is swimming merrily along. Keeping between the flags as he is told. Dad adheres to one of the five cardinal rules and keeps an eye on him. The weather is great and the water deliciously warm, there are lifeguards around and he is not alone, (another of the cardinal rules), so what's to worry about?
Whoops, there's a current here. No big deal, he's a good swimmer. (A third cardinal rule). Oh, there is Nick, the lifeguard, asking if he's okay and would he like a ride back to shore on the board? Yeah, cool!
Back on shore Nick tells daddy: No big deal, just checking if the boy was OK. Thanks mate. And that's it. Nick's done his job without scaring the tourists. These things happen.
Only does he later realize who it was he was dealing with. And to Nick's big credit: he's a modest man who hasn't made a show out of this.

Later Lene Balleby calls M&F, because there is a story on the new about Christian being rescued by lifeguard. M&F (my guess is Frederik it's his style) responds: No big deal. Just checking if he was OK. Yeah, sure they (the protection detail) knew we were there.
Does that sound plausible to you?
Because there is no way in this world it would make sense to downplay the incident and basically saying the lifeguards were exaggerating. The PR office is not that unprofessional.

- Apart from that, this is a great story!
It put focus on the lifeguards and it shows you have very competent lifeguards looking after the tourists at the beaches in Australia. So feel safe here.

Last edited:
Thanks for your posts Muhler and Roskilde.

I'm glad to see that it is now being reported in Denmark that the life-savers didn't know it was Prince Christian.

This was what they've said all along.

The quotes in your post 385 Muhler, from the Danish PR contradicting the lifeguards, needed to be brought into line with what the actual people involved said.

(..."they knew (who) was in the water", 'that the lifeguards did not know who he was is also not correct"...)

Last edited:
:previous: Lene Balleby is sitting in Copenhagen. She is telling the press what she has been told and understood.
Is it inconceivable that she simply misunderstood something?

Anyway, the Danish press has also noticed the difference in the accounts from the lifeguards and the DRF press release: Tog Kongehuset fejl om prins Christians redning? Her er deres nye svar - Royale | www.bt.dk

Senior lifeguard, Stuart Keary, is quoted for saying: "A woman came up and asked: Do you know who it is? But we had no idea".

Warren Young is quoted for saying to BT: "The lifeguards had bo idea who it was. We just want to look after all on the beach. Especially the children. He wasn't panicking at any time".

BT has contacted the court and here a Kirsten Baltzer Khar says": "We do not wish to go into further details about this matter".

Q: Two senior lifeguards say they had no idea they had a Danish heir to the throne in the water. The DRF has stated that the lifeguards did know. What do you say to that?
To cheflivreddere siger, at de ikke anede, at de havde en dansk tronarving i vandet. Kongehuset har udtalt, at livredderne vidste besked. Hvad siger I til det?

Kirsten Baltzer Khar: "We have nothing further to say/We are not going more into that".

- That sounds like an "I don't know" to me.
Not sure what the time is in Australia right now, but I expect we will hear more when Lene Balleby has had a chance to talk to M&F.

And IMO there will be a press meeting of some sort at some point, probably sooner that planned. Even if M&F had not planned for one. (Which I would find extremely odd). This is a good story, for that reason alone they are bound to address it. And with inconsistencies between the Australian accounts and the DRF press statement they have to sort this out.
I just think we should be careful about contributing to all sorts of motives, what could simply be a misunderstanding.

More on Nick the lifeguard: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3368433/The-lifeguard-saved-Prince-Christian.html

Last edited:
This is a great story for the media, especially Australian, and they will keep it going as long as possible. Almost a week now?
What perfect water and air temperatures. Those little Danes can actually stay in the water!

I sense of those "little Danes" is going to decide sand and sun beats the Heck out of Danish weather and is going to decamp in 10 or 15 years :)

That Christian didn't realise he was in danger says a lot about his lack of knowledge of the surf and its dangers and that he wasn't properly prepared for the experience of the Australian conditions.

I think this is a tad too critical on a 10 year old boy. things happen, and now we are getting a better picture of the situation. less dramatic.
Since 8 year old Isabella and 4 year olds Vincent and Josephine weren't in this situation, I guess they had more knowledge and better prepared?:huh:

Chief Lifeguard says that Prince Christian did the right thing and swam between the flags that surround the area which is under the supervision of lifeguards at Mermaid Beach.

"His father (Prince Frederik, ed) stood and kept an eye on him. In a second, the situation changed, though, when Christian was led out some meters by a local and temporary rip."

The 25-year-old lifeguard decided to paddled out to Christian to check him. Prince Christian was never in panic and could himself swim the meters back in to the shore again while the lifeguard helped him by giving him some push.

- They behaved impeccably. They (Frederik and Mary and family, ed) just relaxed on the beach and watched their children. They did not do anything to attract attention."

Q: Stuart Key said yesterday that Prince Christian would not be able to swim in on his own. Can you confirm that?

"- I think it's more of a judgment call. Prince Christian got a little bit of help, and it was fine. If he had not get help, would he had could svim in by himself? Probably - but we can't take the risk. That's our job."

"- We take pride in getting out before people come in trouble,
because the flow here can change all the time. We have many routime rescue all days, also that day," said Warren Young.

So this happened as a routine work. And the CP-couple of course personal thanked the lifeguard for good treatment afterwards. A lifeguard's work is to spot things before we others can spot them and thereby averting a potential danger from happen.

thank you Roskilde.
Its clear, everyone did the correct thing, but things can change in an instance. The lifeguard did a perfect job in making sure this did not turn into something more serious :flowers::flowers:

more pictures of the family out on the beach
Frederik and Mary enjoying their time
https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=H...s=49b6-d3SZJTjB6o4cxqfpLQLdzbf4GnHSbhRYHMR6Us

Josephine :), in no time Christian will be taller than his parents
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/3e894909d2ee59dab801c8539abe54ac

Does Frederik look good or what? ;):cool: I see he is leaving his beard (I approve)
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/eba5d3c41699238aa501239892f7b2cc
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/39592dcfbc6f92622b8bad8b8ee74c9a

thank you to all for the links and information

Last edited:
I sense of those "little Danes" is going to decide sand and sun beats the Heck out of Danish weather and is going to decamp in 10 or 15 years :)

Yeah, Mary may not be the only export to the DRF from Australia. :p

Or perhaps you'll import one of our royals, who will settle permanently? Do a Benedikte so to speak.. :cool::queen:

:previous: Lene Balleby is sitting in Copenhagen. She is telling the press what she has been told and understood.
Is it inconceivable that she simply misunderstood something?

Anyway, the Danish press has also noticed the difference in the a
Code:
ccounts from the lifeguards and the DRF press release: Tog Kongehuset fejl om prins Christians redning? Her er deres nye svar - Royale | www.bt.dk

Senior lifeguard, Stuart Keary, is quoted for saying: "A woman came up and asked: Do you know who it is? But we had no idea".

Warren Young is quoted for saying to BT: "The lifeguards had bo idea who it was. We just want to look after all on the beach. Especially the children. He wasn't panicking at any time".

BT has contacted the court and here a Kirsten Baltzer Khar says": "We do not wish to go into further details about this matter".

Q: Two senior lifeguards say they had no idea they had a Danish heir to the throne in the water. The DRF has stated that the lifeguards did know. What do you say to that?
To cheflivreddere siger, at de ikke anede, at de havde en dansk tronarving i vandet. Kongehuset har udtalt, at livredderne vidste besked. Hvad siger I til det?

Kirsten Baltzer Khar: "We have nothing further to say/We are not going more into that".

- That sounds like an "I don't know" to me.
Not sure what the time is in Australia right now, but I expect we will hear more when Lene Balleby has had a chance to talk to M&F.

And IMO there will be a press meeting of some sort at some point, probably sooner that planned. Even if M&F had not planned for one. (Which I would find extremely odd). This is a good story, for that reason alone they are bound to address it. And with inconsistencies between the Australian accounts and the DRF press statement they have to sort this out.
I just think we should be careful about contributing to all sorts of motives, what could simply be a misunderstanding.

More on Nick the lifeguard: Princess Mary of Denmark's son Prince Christian saved by lifeguard at Mermaid Beach | Daily Mail Online

Thanks again Muhler.

I'm glad to see that the inconsistencies between the Danish statements and the comments of those involved in the actual incident are being questioned.

The rescue reports just keep growing with UK papers yesterday and now America's CNN.

Austalian TV has reported CP Mary and family are believed to now be heading to Hobart.

(Current time on the eastern seaboard of Oz is 5.25am, Tuesday.)

I'm glad to see that the inconsistencies between the Danish statements and the comments of those involved in the actual incident are being questioned.

Austalian TV has reported CP Mary and family are believed to now be heading to Hobart.
There were Danes involved in the actual incident....;)

Can't we just move on :flowers:

How do we know that the Donaldson's plan to spend Christmas and Janes's birthday in Tasmania? Maybe the family is coming to the mainland? Has it been confirmed somewhere, that they are going to Tasmania?

There were Danes involved in the actual incident....;)

Can't we just move on :flowers:

How do we know that the Donaldson's plan to spend Christmas and Janes's birthday in Tasmania? Maybe the family is coming to the mainland? Has it been confirmed somewhere, that they are going to Tasmania?

I see the BBC has picked up on the inconsistencies -

"Danish officials played down the incident on Monday, insisting the prince was at no point in danger. But Stuart Keay, Mr Malcolm's supervisor, told reporters the young prince might well have died without the lifeguard's intervention."

Not confirmed that they are coming to Tasmania Nordic, but reported on Australian TV.

Muhler, who as you know has his finger on the pulse - along with Roskilde - on all things Frederick and Mary, is posting there may now be a press conference to help smooth out the details of the rescue incident.

Certainly "just move on", just skip over any posts dealing with this if it's become tiresome for you. :flowers:

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have questions to ask considering all the fuss that has been made about this incident and considering that from all indications, the said incident happened last Thursday, but was only reported by the Australian press on Sunday. Also putting in mind that whenever the Crown Prince Couple visit Australia, either jointly or separately, especially the eastern and northern parts, there is a media circus that always follows them around, reporting on their every move.
Considering all that, here are my questions:

1. If it happened on Thursday, how come it wasn't reported by the media sooner, and only came to light on Sunday, three days after the fact?

2. Who leaked the story to the press?

3. What were his/her/their reasons for breaching their privacy in leaking the story?

Not confirmed that they are coming to Tasmania Nordic, but reported on Australian TV.
Thanks :flowers: Yes, they probably are going to Tasmania. I was just curious if it has actually been mentioned somewhere.

There is really no risk of anything getting too "tiresome". Christmas is coming up and I thought it would be nice to discuss if we know something
about what F&M and the Donaldson's are up to at the moment. We haven't had any sightings for several days. Good for them, of course. :)

I see the BBC has picked up on the inconsistencies -

"Danish officials played down the incident on Monday, insisting the prince was at no point in danger. But Stuart Keay, Mr Malcolm's supervisor, told reporters the young prince might well have died without the lifeguard's intervention."

that is what the supervisor said, but the lifeguard himself cleared the situation (was the supervisor there when it happened?)

"Chief Lifeguard says that Prince Christian did the right thing and swam between the flags that surround the area which is under the supervision of lifeguards at Mermaid Beach.

"- I think it's more of a judgment call. Prince Christian got a little bit of help, and it was fine. If he had not get help, would he had could svim in by himself? Probably - but we can't take the risk. That's our job.
"

"Young also downplayed reports that Christian had been in dire straits, saying “the lifeguard was watching, his father was watching ... he was a good swimmer and he was relaxed in the water”."

so here we have the lifeguard himself and the Chief, saying that Christian probably could have swam back.
More than a "rescue" this was more a precautionary move before things got more serious. :flowers:
Still a little confused that this happened on Thursday and the supervisor talked to the press on Sunday

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have questions to ask considering all the fuss that has been made about this incident and considering that from all indications, the said incident happened last Thursday, but was only reported by the Australian press on Sunday. Also putting in mind that whenever the Crown Prince Couple visit Australia, either jointly or separately, especially the eastern and northern parts, there is a media circus that always follows them around, reporting on their every move.
Considering all that, here are my questions:

1. If it happened on Thursday, how come it wasn't reported by the media sooner, and only came to light on Sunday, three days after the fact?

2. Who leaked the story to the press?

3. What were his/her/their reasons for breaching their privacy in leaking the story?

Good questions.
I think it was the supervisor that talked to the press on Sunday.
And i think, made it a little bit more "sensational" then what actually took place. ;)

added
from the the Mermaid beach Instagram
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/h.../e35/925756_1734169990147301_1917924714_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks :flowers: Yes, they probably are going to Tasmania. I was just curious if it has actually been mentioned somewhere.

There is really no risk of anything getting too "tiresome". Christmas is coming up and I thought it would be nice to discuss if we know something
about what F&M and the Donaldson's are up to at the moment. We haven't had any sightings for several days. Good for them, of course. :)

Yes Nordic, Saturday afternoon's shopping trip of CP Mary, Amber Petty and the two little princess was the last time we had any up-to-date reports. (It's now Tuesday early morning here.)

After broadcasting the photos of CP Mary in her rashie on TV last night, the reporter finished with saying it was believed they were on their way to Hobart - so I'm hopeful that is the case.

Whether it happens or not though?

A week or so ago, another forum quoted a newspaper report that they weren't going to Tasmania at all this trip.

Sister Jane's 50th birthday bash has been "reported" as going to be held at a place on the northern NSW coast.

I kind of believe this, as when I was looking back at the old El Questro information online - when the CP family were first in WA - I saw that Mary and Frederik had once stayed in a house on the northern NSW coast before they were married. (Maybe a friend has a property.)

Last edited:
:previous: Northern New South Wales coast? I'd better keep my eyes peeled.

Last edited:
Yes, all have long time ago moved on, it was an undramatic and routine-related action. Nothing more. So shouldn't we move on here in the thread as well, please? :)

I actually think we should continue to let the Crown Prince's family in private, as the entire trip has been. A nice, low-key family trip. Maybe the whole family Donaldson spend Christmas in the mainland, perhaps in Tasmania.

In any case, Sun Lion, is there a difference in how Christmas Eve is celebrated on the mainland Australia and so on island Tasmania? I guess Mary's family also has Scottish Christmas traditions mixed with their Australian. In that case, some who know about Scottish Christmas traditions? :)

Yes, all have long time ago moved on, it was an undramatic and routine-related action. Nothing more. So shouldn't we move on here in the thread as well, please? :)

I actually think we should continue to let the Crown Prince's family in private, as the entire trip has been. A nice, low-key family trip. Maybe the whole family Donaldson spend Christmas in the mainland, perhaps in Tasmania.

In any case, Sun Lion, is there a difference in how Christmas Eve is celebrated on the mainland Australia and so on island Tasmania? I guess Mary's family also has Scottish Christmas traditions mixed with their Australian. In that case, some who know about Scottish Christmas traditions? :)

No major difference's between a Tasmanian and a mainland Christmas Eve Roskilde.

I don't know about any Scottish celebrations, but maybe the little Royals will get a double, or even triple, Christmas this year with the Danish Christmas Eve, Santa Claus delivering the "goodies" overnight, and then the family present opening, Oz-style, Christmas Day morning.

Too many presents - excess baggage going back to Denmark? Did anyone think of that in the planning of the trip! :lol:

Any big things probably get mailed home or put in cargo.

The lifeguard involved in Prince Christian's swimming incident, Nick Malcolm, has now "broken his silence" and it is being reported in several places.

As per the very first report on Australian TV on Sunday evening that the lad was "knocked off his feet", Nick says "He, (Prince Christian), was in the deep part before the break, (that would be before where the waves break on the sea floor), and just got swept off his feet."

Nick also says "He was a really good swimmer - it helped that he didn't panic. Doesn't matter that he's a royal. Someone on the beach told us afterwards", (that it was Mary and Frederik's son).

Last edited:
Yes Nordic, Saturday afternoon's shopping trip of CP Mary, Amber Petty and the two little princess was the last time we had any up-to-date reports. (It's now Tuesday early morning here.)

After broadcasting the photos of CP Mary in her rashie on TV last night, the reporter finished with saying it was believed they were on their way to Hobart - so I'm hopeful that is the case.

Whether it happens or not though?

A week or so ago, another forum quoted a newspaper report that they weren't going to Tasmania at all this trip.

Sister Jane's 50th birthday bash has been "reported" as going to be held at a place on the northern NSW coast.

I kind of believe this, as when I was looking back at the old El Questro information online - when the CP family were first in WA - I saw that Mary and Frederik had once stayed in a house on the northern NSW coast before they were married. (Maybe a friend has a property.)

Thank you sun Lion! Now I need to know what a 'rashie' is, please. I am learning so much about Australia while following the Crown Princely family adventures! By the way, your 'esky' is a very familiar object here in Canada as well; we call them 'coolers' and they are a cherished part of our too brief summers! I also agree with Roskilde that the lifesaver should now be left in peace to continue his job and TRH to carry on with their family vacation: no more dramatic headlines please!:bang::lol:

:previous:

They have already moved on a long time ago.. :D So this thread should as well.

Also the Australian lifeguard himself confirms the prince-rescuing was totally undramatic and a routine check:
http://jyllands-posten.dk/internati...k-livredder-kalder-prinse-redning-udramatisk/

The lifeguard on Thursday helped Prince Christian, calling its action a routine action, writes local media.

It was without bigger drama and danger, when Crown Prince Frederik's 10-year-old son, Prince Christian, Thursday was rescued by an Australian lifeguard. That tells the lifeguard who picked Prince Christian from the waves to the Australian media 7 News.

The Australian media has been described it as that Prince Christian was in mortal danger, but according to the Royal Family, and now also the lifeguard himself, who was responsible for the action, it was not the case.

- It was a very simple, short trip for him. He felt fine and his parents thanked the lifeguard when they left the beach. It was very undramatic.

- It is something we do all the time. That's our job. But this time it was foreigners and of course quite famous foreigners.

It's really just has been 1 feather that suddenly became to 5 chickens!
So I think we in this thread should move on now... :D Like everyone else, including Christian himself, have did a long time ago :lol: They're seems to having a wonderful time experience the mother's homeland and being together with their Australian family :)

No major difference's between a Tasmanian and a mainland Christmas Eve Roskilde.

I don't know about any Scottish celebrations, but maybe the little Royals will get a double, or even triple, Christmas this year with the Danish Christmas Eve, Santa Claus delivering the "goodies" overnight, and then the family present opening, Oz-style, Christmas Day morning.

Too many presents - excess baggage going back to Denmark? Did anyone think of that in the planning of the trip! :lol:

Thanks Sun Lion.
It will be so fun for the children and Frederik to try an Australian Christmas Eve, and lovely for Mary and her family :flowers:

A rash guard, also known as rash vest or rashie, is a type of water wear.
Rash guards are most often worn in surfing when the weather is too warm for a wetsuit and to protection from the sun (measured by its Ultraviolet Protection Factor) and slight protection against jelly fish stings.
Rash guards are thought to have originated in Australia where they are commonly referred to as "rashies" or "rashys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom