General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 13: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if CP Mary will pop down to Vienna in May to see the Australian act perform in Eurovision - now we've been invited to compete.

We're being fast-tracked to the final.

Look out Europe - Game On! :lol:

Last edited:
I wonder if CP Mary will pop down to Vienna in May to see the Australian act perform in Eurovision - now we've been invited to compete.

We're being fast-tracked to the final.

Look out Europe - Game On! :lol:

Doesn't sound unlikely. Perhaps with her two oldest as well.

I think it would be healthy if Australia (and New Zealand) became permanent contestants. There is a tendency IMO to go too regional in regards to the votes.
Perhaps Canada could join in too? Would be nice with another English/French input.
The votes from "outsiders" like Australia, Canada and New Zealand could shake things up a bit. - And perhaps raise the standard a bit as well. (Yes, I believe in the toothfairy...)

I think it would be healthy if Australia (and New Zealand) became permanent contestants. There is a tendency IMO to go too regional in regards to the votes.
Perhaps Canada could join in too? Would be nice with another English/French input.
The votes from "outsiders" like Australia, Canada and New Zealand could shake things up a bit. - And perhaps raise the standard a bit as well. (Yes, I believe in the toothfairy...)

Oh, no! We don't want to raise the standard of Eurovision. That would take all the fun out of it.

*scampers* *hides under chair*

:previous: :lol:

It would save my day if Australia actually won. :D And that's not far out, outsiders always have a good chance - and I haven't even heard the Australian contribution yet.
And - over time - we will be on the same continent anyway...

Makes me think about watching the whole show this year instead of my usual last 20 minute,(like to see who wins).

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: :lol:

It would save my day if Australia actually won. :D And that's not far out, outsiders always have a good chance - and I haven't even heard the Australian contribution yet.
And - over time - we will be on the same continent anyway...

If Oz won - it would mean a major move down here for the following year's competition though.

Maybe that would be a step too far. (Or many steps too far. :lol:)

I agree, it would be wonderful if Canada could send an entry; however considering that the contest only registered on Canadian radar when Conchita aka the Bearded Lady won last year, I doubt whether Canada will participate any time soon. I do know that Celine Dion participated at the beginning of her career; she represented Switzerland, however!:flowers:

After many different articles throughout the week following the announcement that Australia has been invited to compete at this year's Eurovision, there is now a full page article giving the background to how this came about.

"Everyone acknowledges the Princess Mary effect may have had some influence." - says the report.

And make no mistake, we are out to win. "We want to win this. It's on".

(And if we do, the following year's competition won't be here in Oz due to time differences and budget issues - but would be co-produced with a European broadcaster.)

This report may be online if anyone wants to see the details of the three year campaign fought to bring it about.

"That vision thing - Not Content With A Place In The Eurovision Song Contest, Australia Now Wants To Win It" by Kathy McCabe in the Saturday edition of the Sydney "Dail Telegraph".

The University of Tasmania is staging a "Welcome Home Week" as part of their 125th Anniversary events, of which CP Mary is the Patron.

They are inviting their "alumni family globally" to go back there at this time.

Perhaps CP Mary will make the trip - August 29th till September 5th.

Today Frederik is regent from the 24 to the 25th of February.
Im guessing the Queen will be on her usual winter holiday.
Joachim will be regent after that to the 3rd, I wonder were Frederik will be?

added:
Ok, today they changed Joachim being regent from the 26 to the 1st

Yes prince Joachim was regent four days over last weekend from Thursday the 26th to Sunday the 1st. Her&Nu tell is was because Frederik, Mary and all four children spent an extended weekend abroad. There are pictures of Mary and the children go aboard on the airplane last Thursday after Mary's last official event that day. As you know Frederik preferably not fly together with Christian and therefore he flew with another flight. Sunday they all traveled back home to Denmark where Mary had the official event with the Mary Foundation this Monday morning.

The magazine is not particularly reliably, but they have pictures of the Crown Prince family boarding the plane and landing in Denmark, but the destination may just be a guess... They write they spent a ski weekend in Switzerland. The same place they once were with Christian and Bella before Vincent og Josephine were born.

Last edited:
The magazine is not particularly reliably, but they have pictures of the Crown Prince family boarding the plane and landing in Denmark, but the destination may just be a guess... They write they spent a ski weekend in Switzerland. The same place they once were with Christian and Bella before Vincent og Josephine were born.

Which ski resort is that?

Somewhere the Lego family usually skiing or a place they own, I don't remember. The magazine is at my work. But again, it's most likely a guess from the magazine as they probably have no idea where they have been.

Could the magazine be speculating that the family went to Klosters in Switzerland? That is the only other ski resort they have gone to - that we know of - apart from Vernier in the past thirteen years. They went there in February 2009.

:previous: Yes it was exactly that place they mentioned. I just couldn't remember the name.

The royal calendar has been updated today. Some very busy weeks ahead for F&M! The next 3-4 weeks are well booked up.
Kalender - Kongehuset

March 1-6
The Crown Prince is regent.

March 5
The Crown Prince speaks at the Danish Sports Association Congress.
House of Sports, Brøndby Stadium 20, Brøndby.

March 7
The Crown Princess participates in the opening of Grønningen's 100th anniversary exhibition.
Exhibition Building The Free Oslo Plads 1, Copenhagen, at. 13:00

March 8
The Crown Prince participates in Vasaloppet, Sweden pm. 8.00

March 9
The Crown Princess participates as a patron of the Danish Swimming Union launch event of the project "Everyone must learn to swim". Kildeskovshallen, Adolphsvej 25, Gentofte, at. 12:10

March 10
The Crown Prince is responsible for opening of the Congress EWEA (European Wind Energy Association) Offshore 2015.
Bella Center, Copenhagen, at. 9.25

March 10
The Crown Princess holds opening speech at a conference on sustainable value chains which is held in conjunction with the World Bank 8. Public Private Dialogue Workshop 2015.
House of Industry, Hans Andersens Boulevard 18, Copenhagen, at. 8.55

March 10
The Crown Princess participates in the opening of the Home Guard's painting exhibition at the City Hall, at. 14:00

March 11
The Regent Couple will hold dinner for the Armed Forces and the Air Force officers. The Crown Prince Couple participates.
Fredensborg Castle pm. 20:00

March 12
Crown Prince Frederik is responsible for the inauguration of the new cable between Denmark and Norway.
Energinet.dk, Hobro Road 6A, Tjele noon. 11:50

March 12
The Crown Princess participates as a patron at the International Center for Research on Women's "Champions for Change Awards" gala dinner. The Crown Princess gives a speech and hands over prices. The Banqueting House, London pm. 19:00

March 14
The Crown Prince Couple participate in cadet ball. The Naval Academy, Hans Sneedorffs Allé, Copenhagen K, pm. 18:00

March 17-19
Dutch state visit.

March 17
The Regent Couple host a gala dinner in honor of The King and Queen of the Netherlands at Christiansborg Palace.
The Crown Prince Couple participates.

March 18
The Crown Prince Couple visits together with Holland's King and Queen Samso

March 26-28
The Crown Prince Couple participates in Greenland promotion in Japan

Last edited:
:previous:Very busy weeks ahead
thanks Roskilde:flowers: There is also a public audience on the 9th, which I think Frederik also attends usually?

And by my count there is a possible three uniformed appearances by Frederik coming up:winkiss:;)

Somewhere the Lego family usually skiing or a place they own, I don't remember. The magazine is at my work. But again, it's most likely a guess from the magazine as they probably have no idea where they have been.

I am really surprised that nobody in Denmark cares about the relation between royals and companies, taking freebies such as living in their luxury resorts or using their planes. In other countries (incl republics) this would be a fatal combination.

I don't know much about it but thought they were friends a bit like Branson family with Will, Harry etc

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I am really surprised that nobody in Denmark cares about the relation between royals and companies, taking freebies such as living in their luxury resorts or using their planes. In other countries (incl republics) this would be a fatal combination.

Rubbing elbows with the upper class is, I think, to be expected with royals.
When it's not a "fatal combination" as you say, it is because the royal family have little to no power over political decisions (as a PM and sometimes a president would).
While some are envious over the luxury opportunities the royals have, it is rarely something that can be seen as corrupt (the RF offers no services in return).

I'm sure that the business-families such as Lego want to keep good relations with the RF, because the RF is, after all, the creme de la creme of society. And their parties etc. are stocked full of important people, politicians and business-people alike. So they are great for networking.
This has always been the case with royalty. Even in absolutist times, whomever was at court would not only have the King's ear, but also everyone else in court ('s ear).

Besides, it's not uncommon to see the US president golfing with some magnate or other. And rarely on public driving ranges.
Difference is, I suppose, that the US president doesn't have time to go to Switzerland on skiing-holidays, whereas the RF lifestyle allows for such pleanantries.

But you have a point - that if the Danish PM did this, media etc. would keep a very keen eye on political decisions that would favor this or that business, and probably make a fuss either way.

Maybe it's a cultural thing too, I live in a coutry where the president (like the royals: no political power) had to resign because he accepted invitations for holidays/leisure weekends from 'powerful friends'. He did nothing illegal but it left a bad aftertaste. That was good enough to lose the backing of the public.

I guess Russians or Italians had a laugh about that, and maybe in Denmark people don't worry too much about such a closeness.

:previous: More a question of the DRF having so much credit in regards to their integrity in the eyes of the general public, that it isn't seen as a big issue to the average Hansen and Jensen.

Also, as nwinter points out the DRF have always rubbed shoulders with the influential within the private sector. No surprise as one of the key functions of the DRF is to promote Danish commerce, so they naturally have some connection simply because of that and of course they move in the same circles.
However, the DRF are careful not to count politicians among their close friends.

The tabloids sometimes try to make it an issue, but usually without much effect. Probably because the DRF are considered way more trustworthy than journalists, let alone journalists from the tabloids...

Last edited:
Found this on the "Kronprins Frederik og Kronprinsesse Mary - Nyhedsside" facebook page
An exhibition on Danish Fashion and it has 10 of Mary's dresses

press release
H.K.H. Kronprinsessens kjoler på Brandts - Brandts
"
There will be something to look at for anyone when spring's major exhibition DANISH FASHION NOW occupies Brandts from 27 March. The exhibition presents the best Danish designers who just now is sweeping the world with their unique Nordic touch. Nordic cool is the headline of the once super gimmicky while subdued and elegant style of dress that flows from Denmark in recent years.
With the announcement that a selection of HRH Crown Princess dresses can be experienced at Brandt, will there really something to look forward to. Crown Princess is a style icon here at home. And with a slice of her wardrobe, the exhibition gives a vivid impression of how designers' creativity can emphasize both the form, function and personality of one of the most style-conscious women."

photos from Brandts facebook
https://scontent-4.22773.fna.fbcdn....=59e5e1cf38089c39c0a8d75317dbbb21&oe=55BCDD54
https://scontent-4.22773.fna.fbcdn....=ae76bfd7b00ebc9a537085a7fa16787b&oe=55BB935B
https://scontent-4.22773.fna.fbcdn....=01e6c43faa663c6909ade5be836f09cc&oe=55AEE8E2

Sorry if this has already been posted. i dont remember

:previous:

Should be an interesting exhibition, thanks for posting.

wow, I would like to see them, hope they put all her gowns, not just a few!

Till when is the exhibition on? There are some lovely dresses and it would be a shame that she won't wear one of them to the Queen's parties. Are there dresses from the first years of her marriage?

It would be wonderful to see both exhibitions - Mary's and QM's. I was fortunate enough to see the display of Princess Diana's clothes, including her wedding dress, when it toured the US. The problem is, you're so used to seeing pictures of the dresses being worn, that when you see the displayed on mannequins, the almost seem to 'lose' something. That's just my opinion, though.

Easter is over us and while husband, children and I drove on Easter holiday yesterday I think we can be quite sure Frederik and Mary has packed the car with all four children and Ziggy and driven to Trend to spend their Easter holiday. They love that place! It has been some busy months for F&M and I'm sure they enjoy some rest and relaxation in Trend (and you really relax there...) Muhler have previously described the area and the atmosphere in Trend very well.

Since F&M and children will participate in the events on Wednesday 8th April to celebrate Margrethe's upcoming birthday a good guess would be they pack the car and drive from Trend towards Marselisborg on Sunday or Monday.

But before they will surely held a couple of Easter lunches and going for long walks in the woods around Trend.

The Trend hunting lodge:
http://imageservice.nordjyske.dk/im...max-width=624&height=416&crop=auto&scale=both

F&M, children and Ziggy in Trend (with a good view over the nature around..):
https://billedeupload.dk/images/QPw1U.jpg

:happyeaster:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom