General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 13: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pictures. The twins are getting so big, Frederik may not be able to take them this way much longer :)

Are the schools in Denmark on summer vacation yet? Will the family be moving to Fredensborg for the summer?

Not yet. The school holiday starts in a few weeks.

But the oldest children have time off for home study in preparation for their examinations that takes place right now.

Nice pictures. The twins are getting so big, Frederik may not be able to take them this way much longer :)
Don´t worry about that :) A grown up can fit into the Nihola Bike and the bike will still easy to ride :flowers:

It's great to see Crown Prince Frederik being able to do something this normal.

Frederik taking Vincent and Josephine on a bike ride. June 8, 2015.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CG-_u8CUQAA1xoG.jpg

found on twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/chrismorinbc/status/607915289536266240/photo/1

so lovely y to see

You forgot a very important Family Member there, as Ziggy is obviously leading the way. :) :D. Boy, he's got to be getting up there age wise. How old is Ziggy now? I know he's got to be older than 10 years.

Such a great picture of them out enjoying what looks to be a lovely June day in Denmark. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous:

Pretty sure Frederik and Mary got Ziggy in early 2005, so Ziggy is somewhere between 10 and 11.

I know that seeing F&M deliver or pick up their children from school/kindergarten at their Nihola bike is a common sight in Copenhagen and it's my firm belief that it's an normal everyday thing in the CP family. Thankfully people respect their privateness and leave them alone (maybe take a quick photo on the phone). It's a quite Danish thing, I think.

Oh is Ziggy already 11 years? I can't imagine the CP-family without her. Hope she has many good years yet. How old becomes a Border Collie?

:previous: Dogs age at the rate of 7 years vs. 1 year for a human. 1 human year=7 dog years. So Ziggy would be 77 in human years. She does seem to be quite energetic in spite of her 'advanced' age. Border collies are a high-energy breed and I'm sure she's had plenty of exercise and the best of care. You go, Ziggy! :flowers:

I know that seeing F&M deliver or pick up their children from school/kindergarten at their Nihola bike is a common sight in Copenhagen and it's my firm belief that it's an normal everyday thing in the CP family. Thankfully people respect their privateness and leave them alone (maybe take a quick photo on the phone). It's a quite Danish thing, I think.

Oh is Ziggy already 11 years? I can't imagine the CP-family without her. Hope she has many good years yet. How old becomes a Border Collie?

I think Ziggy was born on 13th January 2005. That would make her almost 10 and a half years:

http://www.blueborder.dk/International/royal_puppy.htm

However, the announcement that the CP Couple had a dog named Ziggy was made by BB on 28th April 2005:

http://maryfromthestart.blogspot.com/2014/04/ziggy.html?m=1

She made her first public appearance during a walk with the then pregnant CP Mary on June 27th, 2005:

http://maryfromthestart.blogspot.com/2014/05/spotted-with-ziggy.html?m=1

Thanks MidwestMom and Pammy :flowers: Let's hope Ziggy has many happy years yet.

As you know we have the coolest Crown Prince :cool:

And Frederik utilizes a coming wedding weekend in Sweden to also implement the Swedish exercise bike races 'Vättern Round' of no less than 300 km.! It are celebrating it's 50th anniversary this year.

It begins Friday evening and that means Frederik is going to cycle the entire evening and probably a good deal of the night as well before he will reach the finish line.

He is cool. It's probably a little bit limping Crown Prince we will see arrive for the wedding in the afternoon. 300 kilometers is not for sissies! But Frederik has trained legs.

Source:

Billedbladet
Kronprins Frederik kører 300 km på cykel i Sverige før royalt bryllup | Billed Bladet
https://www.facebook.com/billedbladet/posts/10153113238912928

The Royal Court:
H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager i cykelløbet "Vättern Rundt", der i år fejrer 50 års jubilæum - Kongehuset

Last edited:
:previous: Oh, dear! Hopefully we won't see Mary pushing a wheelbarrow with Frederik in it?!?

He's a Frogman! A Frogmand need no wheelbarrow :cool: But we may see him walk a little bit I'm-a-bit-sore-in-my-legs walk :p

While Frederik was on official events CP Mary privately visited the first day of the competition by Denmark's championships in horse dressage at Broholm today. Mary visited the showground during a private visit:

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3a90245eacfd6a0b72c62d9b5db9fd4d&oe=55FB5142
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=0e71c467b42691fafbf95b6c7cd65a39&oe=55F5A9A8

BT article and Frederik attending the race:
Seje Frederik: Stiller op i 300 km langt cykelløb kort før svensk bryllup - Royale | www.bt.dk

Mary is a horse-girl and has also today privately visited the Denmark's championships in horse dressage at Broholm. She visited it together with her friend Caroline Heering.

She left already after lunch, so she and Frederik can be ready to the Swedish wedding.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...onprinsesse-mary-nyder-solen-paa-broholm-slot

Frederik started his 300 km bicycle race at 19:30 pm (about 2.5 hours ago now).

A very nice BT gallery with large HQ pictures:

Se billederne: Kronprinsen med i 300 km langt cykelløb - dagen før royalt bryllup | www.bt.dk

You can just see he enjoys doing these physical challenges. And we have a fit looking CP, huh ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pretty sure Frederik and Mary got Ziggy in early 2005, so Ziggy is somewhere between 10 and 11.

Thanks to you and the others who answered!! :)

Yikes...I hope we don't see a Crown Prince nodding off during the Wedding on Saturday. Good for him giving this bike race a go however.

And Lucky Mary!! I adore watching Dressage and it never gets the coverage in Canada it does in Europe. Would love being able to spend a day watching Dressage.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

According to EB our Frogman reached the goal line at 4:54 this early morning and has thus only been 9 hours and 22 minutes about driving the 300 km.

It's very fast! :cool:

ADDED:

The Swedish organizers now confirm Frederik reached the goal line at 4:54 this morning.

Last edited:
Impressive! It gives him a few hours of rest before the wedding..

According to EB our Frogman reached the goal line at 4:54 this early morning and has thus only been 9 hours and 22 minutes about driving the 300 km.

ADDED:

The Swedish organizers now confirm Frederik reached the goal line at 4:54 this morning.
That´s ok, I guess :)

That gave him about 7-8 hours of sleep/relaxing before he should be in the church :)

Last edited:

Mary was also there to support Christian's football game.

DBU writes on their website:

Crown Princess Mary and children showed up around 3:30 pm to follow Prince Christian on the pitch for the club HIK (the football club Christian plays in), but left Tingbjerg Ground again at 4:30 pm (probably for having time with the little ones too) and was then relieved by Crown Prince Frederik who attended the last part of the tournament. Princess Isabella was there also to cheer for her big brother, and she made once in a while some cartwheels (of course she did) :lol: There was also good reason to rejoice for the little Prince scored a goal for his team.

Picture of Christian and his football team:
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=cbbc944d90d3e443540b9507432cb54a&oe=55ECFAA0

Article:
Kronprinseparret besøgte Tingbjerg Ground for at se prins Christian spille fodbold ved DBU’s U10 medaljestævne |

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks, Roskilde. :flowers:

Yes, that is so typical Bella. Perhaps she'll be a cheerleader at some point.

Good to see M&F support their children at sport. For the next ten years or so, they can look forward to many a Sunday afternoon watching their children. :p

BB has more on the soccer match Christian played in: Prins Christian havde royalt heppekor med til fodbold i Brønshøj | Billed Bladet

It's our sports commentator, Ulrik Ulriksen who handles this story in his usual style...

Initially Christian's team was behind 0-2, but they eventually came back and the final score was 2-2.
One goal being scored by Christian.

And I hand over to our sports-reporter:
"One of the goals was signed Prince Christian, who flashed his bone-dry right leg. A nice shot from Christian had the netting swing merrily, which made his royal cheerleaders on the sideline to cheer and clap.
Mary unfortunately didn't see Christian's goal as she had to leave a little earlier than Frederik and the children".

Last edited by a moderator:

ADDED:

A job well done by Frederik.
The 50 anniversary of the race, nice that he was able to join.
And he looked great at the wedding. ;)

More of him at the race
http://danapress.com/thumb.php/0143...uiRQmiXCeSi7G0Sv51BjdeQqdjiEVE-JiFxw_J8wiIg~~
http://danapress.com/thumb.php/0143...cEilMEuE8lVyMo1fyqTG68xQ6HUMqJsTFLjh-KDoiIw~~

getting his number, what a sexy smile
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/h.../e15/11410627_434470766735255_377335645_n.jpg

No wonder he does so well, he gets his practice on this bike with the extra weight of his twins lol
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CG-_u8CUQAA1xoG.jpg

Last edited:
How is security handled for an event like this? Do the bodyguards follow on bikes for the entire race, or do they 'trade off' occasionally? I think they would have to be pretty fit to be part of Frederik's security team.

How is security handled for an event like this? Do the bodyguards follow on bikes for the entire race, or do they 'trade off' occasionally? I think they would have to be pretty fit to be part of Frederik's security team.

They most likely take turns at intervals, because there were at least five Danish Pet officers "taking part" in the race, and probably a couple of Swedish as well.
No matter how fit they are, it would not be possible to both focus on completing the race and at the same time stay vigilant.

An exhibition on Danish Fashion and it has 10 of Mary's dresses

press release
H.K.H. Kronprinsessens kjoler på Brandts - Brandts
"

Crown Princess Mary's dresses on exhibition :flowers:

Gallery: Crown Princess Mary's dresses on exhibition | Royalista

It would be wonderful to see both exhibitions - Mary's and QM's. I was fortunate enough to see the display of Princess Diana's clothes, including her wedding dress, when it toured the US. The problem is, you're so used to seeing pictures of the dresses being worn, that when you see the displayed on mannequins, the almost seem to 'lose' something. That's just my opinion, though.

I wish I could go see that. I think it would be great to see the dresses in person. :flowers:

Till when is the exhibition on? There are some lovely dresses and it would be a shame that she won't wear one of them to the Queen's parties. Are there dresses from the first years of her marriage?

Should be an interesting exhibition, thanks for posting.

After her event at Odense Central Library tomorrow Mary will then visit the exhibition Danish Now where ten of some of her most iconic gowns are exhibited (and have been exhibited the last month) :)

Tomorrow, Sunday afternoon Frederik will attend the DGI World Team show ORBITA. In the Opera, Copenhagen:
H.K.H. Kronprinsen overværer DGI Verdensholdets show ORBITA kl. 14.00 - Kongehuset

I think there's a good chance he will bring his two oldest, Christian and Bella to that event. But we will see...

In the evening Frederik and Mary will for the seventh year in a row attend the Reumert awards show - it will be transmitted live on one of DR's channels.

The day after, Mary has an event about lifesaving on Tversted beach in Northern Jutland.
Wednesday Frederik has an event in Aalborg. And then it seems like F&M and children's summer vacation starts. It also fits with Christian and Isabella (as all Danish school children) have last day of school the next week.

Last edited:
Mary writes this greeting on Facebook at the Mary Foundation's Facebook page:

A greeting from the Crown Princess:
"After a visit to Ringsted shelter I received this poem from one of the residents at the center. I would like to share it - of course, in agreement with the woman who wrote it - because I so clearly felt her strength and hope, when I read it. I found it inspiring, and I hope it will inspire and give hope to others.
Regard the Crown Princess "

https://www.facebook.com/maryfonden...9000594147871/864350690279521/?type=1&theater

Christian and Isabella had last day of school Friday (like all other Danish school children) and now awaits 6 weeks of summer vacation before school starts again on the 10th August. :sun:

Vincent and Josephine still goes to kindergarten and can keep summer vacation a little more freely and longer. My youngest has been home the last days of last week. Sometimes it's nice to have Mom and Dad without the older siblings.

Frederik and Mary have an official event in the Opera House on July the 4th (next Saturday) but otherwise it seems to the Crown Prince family now will go on summer vacation.

I don't think they will travel abroad, but will stay at home and enjoy the Danish summer holiday in cottages as we have seen the past several years. When you travel quite a deal with work during a year, vacation is... not to travel. But who knows.

We stay at home during the summer because there is nothing better than the Danish summer. In the next day we should get terrific weather. Sun, no wind and up to 30 degrees.

Last edited:
Christian and Isabella had last day of school Friday (like all other Danish school children) and now awaits 6 weeks of summer vacation before school starts again on the 10th August. :sun:

Vincent and Josephine still goes to kindergarten and can keep summer vacation a little more freely and longer. My youngest has been home the last days of last week. Sometimes it's nice to have Mom and Dad without the older siblings.

Frederik and Mary have an official event in the Opera House on July the 4th (next Saturday) but otherwise it seems to the Crown Prince family now will go on summer vacation.

I don't think they will travel abroad, but will stay at home and enjoy the Danish summer holiday in cottages as we have seen the past several years. When you travel quite a deal with work during a year, vacation is... not to travel.

We also stay at home during the summer and there is nothing better than the Danish summer. In the next day we should get terrific weather. Sun, no wind and up to 30 degrees.

Good to read! I am travelling to Copenhagen next week so I shall bring sunglasses!:cool:

I don't think they will travel abroad, but will stay at home and enjoy the Danish summer holiday in cottages as we have seen the past several years. When you travel quite a deal with work during a year, vacation is... not to travel. But who knows.

We stay at home during the summer because there is nothing better than the Danish summer. In the next day we should get terrific weather. Sun, no wind and up to 30 degrees.

yes, i also currently live in a cold climate, and like in any generally cold climate, i imagine summers in denmark must be very beautiful. it's lovely to see all the greenery left behind by the colder climate and to enjoy it during summer time under the sun - nothing looks better!

however, F+M previously traveled abroad for their summer holidays (i believe they were in croatia some years ago)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom