General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 9: May - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the video clip of the guests arriving and noticed that all of the couples I could see arriving to the church were holding hands. User Dane - are Danish men just that little bit more Romantic than men from other countries? Or should I be asking Muhler?

I think I can speak for the majority of my gender: No, the majority of we Danish men are not particularly romantic. ;)

Having said that I think the Danish women on this forum are better qualified to answer that question.

are Danish men just that little bit more Romantic than men from other countries? Or should I be asking Muhler?

Personal romanticism is rarely a question of nationality ;) The degree of freedom and equality in a country
determines the showing in public, but as to European countries for example there can hardly be made any
differentiation.

They both look gorgeous in the pictures. It's nice to see them holding hands and acting affectionate with each other. It would be nice if the pics would quiet some of their marriage's naysayers. I can never understand why some people on some other royal forums take such delight in predicting when this marriage will end. How sad that some people would wish for a family, even a royal family, to be broken by divorce. I wish the crown princely couple and their beautiful children all the happiness in the world!

Couldn't agree with you more!

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #34, 2011.
Tillykke Ove - Congratulations Ove.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

The Chief of Court, Ove Ullerup, turned 60 recently and that was celebrated with a reception at Christiansborg, where who's who among politicians, civil servants and others turned up to congratulate him.
Mary also turned up, accompanied by the incomparable Master of Ceremonies, Christian Eugen Olsen.
Mary said: "Congratulations Ove" and presented him with a gift.
After that she mingled with the other guests, most of whom she is very familiar with, like Britt Siesbye, Tanja Doky, Susanne Heering and Lene Balleby. And some she will become very familiar with like the leader of the opposition, Helle Thorning, who is very likely to become the next Danish PM.

Copenhagen Boyschoir provided the entertainment and Christian Eugen Olsen gave a vivid speech ending with three cheers (hurra) in the military style with rolling r's.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #34, 2011.
Roser og romantik på godset - Roses and romance at the manor.
Written by Marianne Singer.

Recently Anders Kirk Johansen got married to Anja Buchwald. The wedding took place near his manor in Stouby Church outside the town of Vejle in Jutland and not far from the town of Billund.
Because Lego (the bricks you know) has it's internation headquarter in Billund and Anders Kirk belongs to the family behind Lego, as such he is loaded!
He and his family belongs to the discreetly rich families in DK.

M&F arrived in a Maserati at the church, Mary wearing a silk dress. M&F are friends with the Kirk family. Especially with Sofie Kirk Kristiansen, who is going to inherit the Lego empire and her husband.
Among other things the Kirk's have vast and good hunting grounds in central Jutland, where Frederik have been going hunting often.
250 guests were invited for the wedding and while most were driven by buses back to Rohden Manor, Sofie Kirk Kristiansen and her husband got a ride in M&F's car.
And here they partied to dawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
08/27/2011. Crown Prince Frederik and his four children, Prince Vincent, Princess Josephine, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella (and nannies), arrive at Amaliehaven near Amalienborg Castle on Saturday.

Fred y sus hijo llegan a Ameliehaven el domingo

How cute family :) It's good to see that Frederik looking after children when CP Mary leave. I think the CPC to always strive to be one of them was with the children when the second leaves.

Last edited:
08/27/2011. Crown Prince Frederik and his four children, Prince Vincent, Princess Josephine, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella (and nannies), arrive at Amaliehaven near Amalienborg Castle on Saturday.

Fred y sus hijo llegan a Ameliehaven el domingo

These are cute pictures.
The kids are relaxed and seem to have fun young nannies.

I find the pictures to be intrusive though.
The children with their nannies should be allowed a private life
even if their father is walking with them down the street.

Pictures of Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella attending Prince Nikolai's Birthday can be found in the
Prince Nikolai, Prince Felix and Prince Henrik - Part 1
Thread

Nice photos! BTW Prince Christian has chose the wrong shirt to play football: he had to wore the shirt of A.C. Milan :lol:

Christian and Mary appear to be having an absolute blast. Love the picture of their dog trying to get in on the action.

Posh sunglasses they may be, but I guess she put them on because she isn't wearing make up and some one is taking photos. I know I would if someone was taking my photo and I wasn't looking particularly at my brightest.

BTW Prince Christian has chose the wrong shirt to play football: he had to wore the shirt of A.C. Milan :lol:
Nah, he has a great taste :p

I think that the photos are lovely. It´s very nice to see the little prince playing with his friends like every child, and it´s great that he´s strting to practise some sport. Good habits since the beggining :flowers:

Posh sunglasses they may be, but I guess she put them on because she isn't wearing make up and some one is taking photos. I know I would if someone was taking my photo and I wasn't looking particularly at my brightest.

Wearing sunglasses is a really healthy habit.
If there is enough sunlight to be able to see well (it is not night time) then there are enough UV rays from sunlight to warrant wearing protective sunscreen for skin and sunglasses for eyes.

Cataracts and skin cancer are almost completely preventable.
Anti-Cancer councils recommend such care.
Schools make sunscreen, sunhats and sunglasses compulsory items of the school uniform now in many progressive schools.

Mary is a great advertisement for 'sun smart' behaviour.

I always wear sunglasses when outside. I am far from posh or vain.
I find them protective against wind, sand, objects in my work place and, of course, the sun.
Also, if one does have a good habit of wearing sunglasses a lot, one's eyes become accustomed to the darkened lens and are most comfortable when wearing them. The eyes become extra sensitive to bright light.

My brother wears sunglasses to ward off migraines. He sometimes wears dark glasses when watching bright films at the cinema.
My cousin wears prescription glasses that turn dark in bright light. Her glasses are always dark when outside which just goes to show how bright the day can be, even in winter.

Long gone are the days when people were seen of as pretentious or merely fashionable for wearing sunglasses. They are a protective accessory - a must.

So, 'bravo' for combining two great habits - exercise and eye health.

And I hope to see less of these types of private photos ... give the kids some freedom.
May be the photos were allowed as a one off as a bargain with photographers so that they won't be attending the matches or practices on a regular basis. The photos infringe on the liberty of Christian's friends as well.

Last edited:
Wearing sunglasses is a really healthy habit.
If there is enough sunlight to be able to see well (it is not night time) then there are enough UV rays from sunlight to warrant wearing protective sunscreen for skin and sunglasses for eyes. (...)

Completely agree. Mary has lived in Australia for majority of her life, and she is used to wearing sunglasses whilst out. She is an ambassador of SunSmart, and she would know that protecting ones eyes is imperative.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am an Aussie but I live in france, I wear glasses 24/7, when I am outside I wear sunnies. It is a habbit that i have picked up from being in Australia, where then sun is a lot brighter. From Child age we are told to be sun smart. Mary is doing just that being sun smart.

There are rumours about a possible lawsuit from the Royal House against a gossip magazine, Se og Hor for distributing unflattering paparazzi pictures taken in Cahors. At least the representatives of the magazine have been summoned to the palace.
Ekstra Bladet - Marys appelsinhud i Se og Hr

I doubt there will be a lawsuit, it would only open pandora's box in relation to the media. If you dont want to be photographed in an unflattering way, dont leave your walls in outfits that allow unflattering ankles.
Or, simply dont give hoot about unflattering pictures and move on with your life.
Its a different issue with children but for adult public people its just pointless to sue. Better make a deal with the media beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom