General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 9: May - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the additional pictures.
Christian and Frederik look like they are having some good quality time.

I hope BB has a photoshot that include the twins & a photos from throughout the holiday.

Billed Bladet #29 is out and there are basically three DRF stories this week.

The Regent Couple in Greenland. It's my impression there isn't much interest in that, so a summary can wait a few days.

Felix will turn nine tomorrow and the photographer Steen Brogaard has made a photoseries of him on the roof of Amalienborg. An article has been written as a fill-story. I'll write a brief summary about that.

The Q&A is interesting this week. One question is about the present Duke of Edinburg, Prince Phillip and his affilliation to DK and the DRF.
Something about the DRF museum.
And a what if M&F couldn't have children? Would their adopted child become a monarch? - No.

And then we have the coverage of M&F at Chateau Cayx.
BB does not show any pics of the family on the terrace and nor any pics of the twins in the magazine. There are some good pics of Mary and Frederik dressed up and entering a restaurant.

Summary of two articles in Billed Bladet #29, 2011.
Mary og Frederiks romantiske aften - Mary and Frederik's romantic evening.
and
Far og søn på herretur - Father and son on a boy's outing.
Both written by our man in France Ulrik Ulriksen.

This covers the first part of M&F's summer holiday in France at Chateau de Cayx, neah Cahors.
With them went Bigitte and Jeppe Handwerk and their two daughters and Hamish Campbell and his wife Genevieve Taubmann (*) and their son.
At some point John Donaldson and Susan Moody joined them as well.
The daily routine started in the morning with someone picking up bread at a local baker. Breakfast was eaten inside or on the terrace.
As the temperature soared to 29 degrees C during forenoon, they all went to the swimming pool for some refreshing fun in the water for a couple of hours. (**) Then retreating as the French version of the siesta started.
The twins were hardly observed at all and they were mostly kept in the shades anyway.However they were "walked", either by their parents or their nanny. The twins were carried in straps on the chest, with their faces facing front.
Even though relaxation was the main thing on the agenda, Mary ran in the nearby hills in the mornings. And they were seen strolling along the paths and lanes around the chateau and the fields.

At some point John Donaldson and Susan Moody joined the party for a lunch on the terrace. The couple was observed supplying themselves with wine and other necessities from the chateau-store (***)
Frederik and Hamish Campbell too were also seen picking up wine from the store several times. (****)
In the afternoon it was time for play and also for driving the children around the grounds on a utillity vehicle. One of these trips was with Frederik and Christian alone on a little outing just for the guys, ending up with them inspecting the not yeat ripe grapes on the fields.

The weather was varied in southern France, with overcast, sun a drizzle here and there (*****) but when the children had been put in bed in the evening it was time for the adults to enjoy themselves.
And that means dining at one of the local restaurants. Apart from being described as located near the town of Luzech, the precise location and name of the restaurant is not mentioned.
Our reporter must have been tripping with impatience, however. He managed to ascertain that M&F had booked a table at 20.00 - but they didn't show up... There they are! Half an hour late and in a good mood. Accompanied by Hamish and Genevieve and an anonymous gentleman. (******) Here they enjoyed a cuisine extraordinaire consisting of many courses and a light dessert and a wee glass of wine or three.
They returned to Cayx late in the evening.
It's not the first time M&F go to this restaurant. Among others they were seen there in 2005.
When they didn't dine out the chef at the chateau cooked for them.

(*) Genevieve Taubmann is a longhaired brunette who is build slightly more solid than Mary.

(**) It's not the first time our indomitable reporter has spent an entire day outside watching (and not least scanning with his ears) and describing everything the DRF happended to be doing.

(***) Located just east of the chateau, right next to the road along the river.

(****) Perhaps the store doubles as a wine cellar? I can hardly imagine papa Henrik declaring a wine cellar on the chateau off limits.

(*****) Anyone who has been glancing at Tour de France will know how it has been.

(******) I shall refrain from attempting to describe Mary's outfit in too many details. Ulrik Ulriksen is a man so he hasn't written much about her outfit either. - It's genetically speaking an insurmountable task for men.
She was wearing a dress, purpleish, I think and green shoes and she carried a red shawl. And Dulong earrings IRRC. (I'm pretty proud of myself for noticing that one :):p).

Last edited:
Muhler said:
Thanks Florencia :flowers:

Jim Lyngvild? Then this book will be positive towards Mary and probably written in a funny and slightly cheeky way and you can be sure her style is well covered.
Jim Lyngvild is 110 % gay and he knows a thing or two about style. I like him because he's not afraid of saying things outright.

ADDED: It will be published in October and it will NOT cost 240 UK Pounds - It will cost 240 DKK = 45 $ = 32 € = 28 £.

Thanks for correcting the price. 240 UK pound was way too much. If this book is published in English I'll definitely buy it.

Does the author have inside information about Mary?

Thanks for correcting the price. 240 UK pound was way too much. If this book is published in English I'll definitely buy it.

Does the author have inside information about Mary?

Not really.
Jim Lyngvild will no doubt be known to Mary and probably Frederik as well, but I don't think he even belongs to their outer circle of friends. - Perhaps Mary's hairdresser knows him better, as they sort of are in a similar line of business.
I don't think we should expect big revelations in this book. It'll hardly be an in-depth portrait book, let alone a serious biography.
It's my impression the book looks at Mary, especially her style, her class, her charisma and how she has adapted to and grown into her role, from the outside.
I doubt it can be compared to the portrait book of Frederik, published a few years ago, or the more recent portrait of Prince Henrik.

Jmi Lyngvild is very qualified to talk about fashion and dresses and what is in in DK at the moment.
For those who are mainly interested in Mary as a style icon, her appearance and the way she act on the job and not so much in the specific details of the many duties she is involved in, not least behind the scenes, I think this book will be entertaining reading and a nice reference. - Just a qualified guess, I know.

The book being published in October is no coincidence. It's just in time for Christmas.

Last edited:
I am just wondering what else there is to look forward to (in terms of Royal watching) with M&F now!? They have 4 kids, 2 of which are twins, which is probably quite enough, so no more name speculating...All we can look forward to is Mary fashion watching, watching the kids growing up, going to school, Mary's 40th, Fred's 50th, and other major birthdays, the coronation, etc...

So, maybe not the place to ask: but when are Joachim & Marie going to have another baby? To satisfy my name speculating compulsion ;)

Look like they knew that they were being photografer...

What marvelousl pictures those of Pure People. The chateau is set in such a beautiful region and the vinyards are an added plus. I think the baby in the first photo is Josephine (it has a dress on). In another photo where the nany is near the road sign, one is wearing jeans, so I guess it owould be the little boy.

Looks like the butler. To out of shape to be a body guard.
HAHA you ar right,:ROFLMAO::lol: may be the butler!!!!it is a kind offunny everybody with relax outfits informal and he with the tie, look so out of place, but if he is working probably the right outfit!

:) Given their status, it would be hard for them not to be aware they are being photographed - they'd just expect it I reckon.

But, I hope they had an enjoyable holiday anyway.

They looked relaxed!

wow the vacation is finish! how long it was????? Pity I like to see them on vacation in private like normal people!

:previous: Well that is not going to happen as long as their are paparazzi with long lenses, helicopters, fast boats and less ethical publications willing to print their wares to an audience with a voracious appetite for "private" photographs and intimate conversations.

Witness the 'Lip Readers' employed to catch every little word exchanged or whispered in the Abby during William and Catherine's wedding. (Also interesting that different lip readers read different words!). Is it any wonder that Royal Families are being accused of being cold or remote.

OK, now the NOTW is out of action for illegal and amoral activities regarding private voice mail, I am just waiting for some royal or celebrity to discover their home, apartment, hotel room, etc. electronically bugged, both audio and video!!

As long as there is a market they will continue and we on this forum are just as culpable by posting such photo's and links. (As am I for taking such pleasure in looking at them!)

...I am just waiting for some royal or celebrity to discover their home, apartment, hotel room, etc. electronically bugged, both audio and video!!

As long as there is a market they will continue and we on this forum are just as culpable by posting such photo's and links. (As am I for taking such pleasure in looking at them!)
:previous:
As are we all ! ... but I'd like to think as 'Royal Watchers' that we have 'pure intentions' !!! - maybe that thought will ease your guilt!
:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
As are we all ! ... but I'd like to think as 'Royal Watchers' that we have 'pure intentions' !!! - maybe that thought will ease your guilt!
:flowers::flowers::flowers:

This really fills me with dismay. These people whilst belonging to the royal family are not available 24/7 for public display. They perform their public duty and are pretty good in being photographed in public places even when they are not on duty. But to obtain fotos whilst they are in the privacy of what is essentially their home (even if it is a hotel when we are on holidays we regard our accommodation as our domain where we can relax and feel secure) makes me feel there is something really wrong about it particularly fotos of the kids when they are not supervised by adults. One foto from this series disturbed me as a parent where Isabella is looking straight down the camera its when no adults are around and its obvious the photographer has called out her name to get her to look in the right direction. I would really like to see these fotos removed from the royal forums I always thought that we were above this calibre of fotos for discussion.
Its really not right it wasnt right with Diana and its not right with the current royals. I would not like to feel I had contributed to any other fate similar to the one Diana was forced into.

Last edited by a moderator:
helenbeee
This really fills me with dismay. These people whilst belonging to the royal family are not available 24/7 for public display. They perform their public duty and are pretty good in being photographed in public places even when they are not on duty. But to obtain fotos whilst they are in the privacy of what is essentially their home (even if it is a hotel when we are on holidays we regard our accommodation as our domain where we can relax and feel secure) makes me feel there is something really wrong about it particularly fotos of the kids when they are not supervised by adults. One foto from this series disturbed me as a parent where Isabella is looking straight down the camera its when no adults are around and its obvious the photographer has called out her name to get her to look in the right direction. I would really like to see these fotos removed from the royal forums I always thought that we were above this calibre of fotos for discussion.
Its really not right it wasnt right with Diana and its not right with the current royals. I would not like to feel I had contributed to any other fate similar to the one Diana was forced into.
Well, its not that easy. Many people are more interested in what royals do outside from performing boring public duty ;). Although I agree there is a limit to intrusion into privacy, while being funded by the public, royals are public figures and have to live with the fact that they are subject to public interest 24/7. Apart from that, there is a serious business behind it (media, photographers) and a lot is on a give and take basis since royals need the media to survive and are no stranger to manipulation (Diana being a good example).

It seems like that side of the estate in France is always where the photographers are able to get these private shots. I'm not familiar with the layout of the grounds but would it not be possible for the royals to put up some sort of wall or hedge to block the view?

you can google earth it and you can see the place it is alone between a lot of green so I can not imaginehow this paparrazzi do it?????

It seems like that side of the estate in France is always where the photographers are able to get these private shots. I'm not familiar with the layout of the grounds but would it not be possible for the royals to put up some sort of wall or hedge to block the view?
I dont think that would go down well with the Danish media.

I dont think that would go down well with the Danish media.

Nor with the DRF for that matter.
There is a great view from the terrace over the river, why spoil that with a wall?
And as it is very difficult for photographers to hide on that side of the chateau, they will know someone is there taking pictures. - And eventually they'll go away. Which is why I believe they ought to go out and meet the press, so that the magazines will have something to work with.

Don't know about the French legislation but according to Danish legislation such pictures are a clear breach of the law of privacy and should something similar happen at say Gråsten or Marselisborg and the DRF sued, they would win hands down.
That applies to ordinary citizens as well of course. If you come to where I live and you find the area so charming, that you simply must have a picture of the row of houses on the road, that would be acceptable, because that's not specifically aimed at anyone, also if you happen to photograph me in my garden.
However if you spot me in my front garden wearing my Borat-swimming costume (and don't go blind instantly) and decided to take a picture of me (that is, if the camera even works) that would be a clear breach of the laws of privacy. Especially if you published the picture. - You will have to get my permission first.

In all fairness I should add that if I really was in the habit of working in my front garden in the Borat outfit, the local police constable would come around and have a chat with me, as doing so in public view would be a borderline breach of the public decency. - Being nude would be a clear breach.

For those who are intrepid enough to look, here is what the outfit looks like: http://www.thepresentfinder.co.uk/images-db/product/12239/full.0r2l8c1r8f8f2n2x.jpg

Last edited:
Nor with the DRF for that matter.
There is a great view from the terrace over the river, why spoil that with a wall?
And as it is very difficult for photographers to hide on that side of the chateau, they will know someone is there taking pictures. - And eventually they'll go away. Which is why I believe they ought to go out and meet the press, so that the magazines will have something to work with.

Don't know about the French legislation but according to Danish legislation such pictures are a clear breach of the law of privacy and should something similar happen at say Gråsten or Marselisborg and the DRF sued, they would win hands down.

I agree with you, Muhler. Royals suing for pictures when being "private" is almost unprecedented (apart from WA & Maxima but not without controversy). Royals are public figures and enforcing privacy laws can make them unpopular in no time. There should always be the deal of photographers taking their pics and then leave them alone after a while.
But there a limits as well, in my opinion. While I would it find laughable if the DRF had sued the media or put up walls because of the Caix pictures, I would have understood if they had sued when pictures of the naked Christian were distributed, extremely thoughtless of the Danish media (in the same way the Spanish media doesnt hesitate distributing pictures of the Spanish Infantas Leonor of Sofia with full view of the underwear in situations they played around or fell on the floor, shame on the editor).

I would have understood if they had sued when pictures of the naked Christian were distributed, extremely thoughtless of the Danish media (in the same way the Spanish media doesnt hesitate distributing pictures of the Spanish Infantas Leonor of Sofia with full view of the underwear in situations they played around or fell on the floor, shame on the editor).

Actually I found the picture of Christian to be sweet and innocent.
How old was he? Three? You'll many naked children that age on the beaches in DK every summer. And they were after all on a public beach.
That won't get me up in arms.
It would be a different matter if he (or worse: his sisters) was ten or older. In which case he shouldn't be naked anywhere in public anyway.

I think we should be careful about covering up our children for fear of potential pedophiles lurking nearby. Countless millions of children have been running around stark ravers for thousands of years without being molested.
We are approaching the state where I can't even take pictures of my own children on a beach without fear of someone calling the police and that's hysterical.

I have never seen pictures of Leonor as you describe them. You mean pictures that are practially upskirt? That's unacceptable. But if she is photographed running around in a swimsuit, that's innocent in my eyes.

Last edited:
Actually I found the picture of Christian to be sweet and innocent.
How old was he? Three? You'll many naked children that age on the beaches in DK every summer. And they were after all on a public beach.
That won't get me up in arms.
It would be a different matter if he (or worse: his sisters) was ten or older. In which case he shouldn't be naked anywhere in public anyway.

I think we should be careful about covering up our children for fear of potential pedophiles lurking nearby. Countless millions of children have been running around stark ravers for thousands of years without being molested.
We are approaching the state where I can't even take pictures of my own children on a beach without fear of someone calling the police and that's hysterical.

I have never seen pictures of Leonor as you describe them. You mean pictures that are practially upskirt? That's unacceptable. But if she is photographed running around in a swimsuit, that's innocent in my eyes.
I´m with on this one, Muhler, as are, I think, most danes :flowers:

I´m with on this one, Muhler, as are, I think, most danes :flowers:

I don't take this kind of thing lightly given what happened with Amalia and Alexia when they were younger. I understand and agree with Mary & Fred's anger at the possibility that their kid could be used to feed peodophiles sick appetites. Those pictures can be manipulated and sent around the world.

Yes, exactly.

And on the other note, I agree with dbarn67, what is supposed to be innocent and normal can easily get manipulated these days, its a shame but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom