General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 9: May - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yay for that! It will be Mary's 40th before we know it...Almost 8 months to go until February 2012!!! ;)

It must be fun to be at one of those parties, I wonder how close and friendly are all these Princes with one another? Are they just formal, or do we know anything more about it? Close friends? Or just protocol?

Yes agree it will be lovely to see Mary out and about in something glamorous.

About the horse show, would love to have been a fly on the wall to hear what they were discussing (well, a Danish speaking fly :p). I wonder if the people with CP Mary and CP Frederik were their friends or assistants etc. They must be friends since I doubt Fred would be chucking down a pint with his body guard or assistant (then again, I don't know the protocol in these). I don't know what to think about that beer guzzling. It might a completely normal thing to do in horse shows, I don't know, but am I weird to think it just seems a bit inappropriate? I can just imagine the conversation they've had.
Fred: "Hey Mary, X and I are going to get us a couple of beers, do you want one?"
Mary: "Fred, I'm busy with the kids, I'm not having a beer now."
Fred: "Well, is it okay if I have one anyway?"
Mary:"Whatever..."
:lol:
The women are busy with their mobile phones or with the kids, the rosy-cheeked men are busy drinking beer and exchanging stories. Typical... :ROFLMAO:

the pics of izzy hugging mary are adorable! and fred looks very yummy in his recently acquired tan :whistling:
now i'm looking forward to an outing with vincent and josephine as well!

Loved the gallery of Christian enjoying himself at the sideline/stage of the horse trails. He sure does know who to keep himself busy.

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #21, 2011.
Søndagstur med far og mor - Sunday outing with dad and mum.
Written our equestrian reporter Ulrik Ulriksen.

As you know by now, Mary, Frederik, Ziggy, Christian and Bella went to Bernstorffs Park recently to watch the international horse-jumping-over-obstacles-something. (Whatever. I know nothing about horses. The critters don't even taste good).
Anyway, there was plenty to look at and the weather was great. Isabella stayed near mother most of the time, while Christian, being older, strayed further away.
At some point Mary started to gallop and that was at once picked up by Bella who also started to trot next to mother. They aimed for the watergrave, just like real riders, but prudently stopped at the edge, and it was here Bella needed to have her (horse-) shoe fixed.
Christian in the mean time was running on his own at full speed towards the sand pit which he passed with a big leap. Yeah! :cool:

Frederik however was seen in his spaghetti-western outfit (*) carrying a mug of coffee and dragging Ziggy around. Ziggy who apparantly had an interesting afternoon as well, since there were other dogs in the park as well.

They all met up and that meant time for the kids to have some ice, before Bella nad Christian negotiated an obstacle in their own way. - Beneath the barrier...
At some point Mary left the family for about an hour to return back to Amalienborg, before joing her family at the park again.

In fact it was Charlotte Vellin (**) who had invited the CP-couple to the horse-event and they all met at the stand with the spectators. Here her brother Thomas Velling had a beer with Frederik.
Christian entertained their mother, Majken Velling (***) by pretending to be the individual riders about to jupm over the obstacles. He did so vividly and with many laughs and look-at-me's. And not only that, he kept score, sort of... He had commandeered a piece of paper and scribbeled doodles whenever a rider had finished a round.
Bella didn't join in, by now she was pretty wasted and initially used her hand to keep her head upright, but as that wasn't enough she ended up using the railing as a headrest.

(*) Come on, with a little imagination he can resemble Clint Eastwood and Lee van Cleef in that long grey coat. He just needed a hat.

(**) The brunette, wearing jeans, who was seen near Mary in some of the pics.

(***) Seen next to Christian while he was goofing.

Last edited:
Whatever. I know nothing about horses. The critters don't even taste good.

Obviously you never tried an original Rheinischer Sauerbraten :lol:

At some point Mary left the family for about an hour to return back to Amalienborg, before joing her family at the park again.

So we can assume that Mary is still breastfeeding?

Last edited:
The calendar on the website of the DRF is updated aprox. every two weeks :)
that's why i didn't see that info in the english version.

What I especially like about this couple is they treat the dog like a family member. This is definetly not a dog dragged out into the front of a camera just to show - ooohhhhhh look how much I love my doggie!!!

it's obvious that f&m wants to be real parents, not only for the shootings, they are very involved in their kud's lives and they're trying to have them the most "normal" life they could get.

and yes, i like the fact that ziggy is a real member of the family.

just really love Isabella's vitality! She's always so full of life

i love her personality!!!! she's soooo genuine!!!!

It must be fun to be at one of those parties, I wonder how close and friendly are all these Princes with one another? Are they just formal, or do we know anything more about it? Close friends? Or just protocol?

how close they are? that's something we couldn't know exactly, but mary, maxima and mette-marit's kids were part of victoria's wedding... that could tell us that these 4 princesses have a good relationship. i think there's a "no official exclusive group", in which the cp couples of norway, denmark, sweden and the netherlands took part...that's what i see. maybe i'm right, maybe i'm wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh Muhler!!!! Another very funny, and informative post. I especially enjoyed 'the watergrave'!

There is a FYI in Billed Bladet #24, 2011, which I have never heard about before.

According to this anecdote Mary was somewhat talkative in school and at some point a physics teacher knocked her on the head. She was immediatly backed up by her classmates.
The next time the class had a physics lesson, all the pupils were wearing crashhelmets.

- :lol: Well, if true: Welcome to the club, Mary. Being slabbed or pulled in the hairs in the back of the neck, was a fate few pupils in my school, at least among the boys, avoided in the 70's....

Last edited:
I've heard that story before somewhere, possible on that documentary she did.

She told about it in the documentary for the enagement :)

Thanks for the pictures, Bella looks adorable in that summer dress. Nice to see the kids and the parents, pity no twins but hopefully we get to see them soon.
Hope we get a few more pictures from this trip.

I can understand that this is not for the twins but sometimes a walk with all four children and the twins in the pram would be a good ideia...It just seams that they only have two children....

Why shouldn't they spend time with Christian and Isabella alone? They will spend time alone with Vincent and Josephine during the Summer Tour, and I doubt that anyone will comment, that it seems that they only have two children...

Twins are a logistical nightmare. And who knows what type of babies they are ... what if they dont sleep but cry all the time in public journalists will have a field day. Controlling 4 children on a boat is tough, why put such pressure on such a nice day out? Only to satisfy the public? Time will pass by and at some point the twins will be out and about with the rest of the family.

A friend of mine has 10 month old twins, everyday life is horrific (Mary will have lots of help though), plus a seven-year-old, she and her partner are exhausted since the twins were born.

I think we will see plenty of photos of the twins during the summer tour on Dannebrog :)

Will the twins be going to Berleburg with M&F this weekend? How about the two older children?

I'd love to see Miss Isabelle (yes, I know she's a Princess!) and her charm again.

I guess that Vincent and Josephine will be in Berleburg, not sure about Christian and Isabella.

We also have to remember that the twins may be getting the most attention at home right now (being breastfed by Mary etc)...so these outings with just Christian and Isabella may be Frederik and Mary's way of giving attention to the older children and not making them feel less important since the twins were born.

I think that we may see the four Danish kids often divided into pairs even once the twins are past the infant stage. Two kids very close in age, then a fairly big gap and then twins makes it a natural way to split things up, IMO. In terms of their interests and what they're able to do, and the places they can easily go, Christian and Isabella are going to be much more similar to each other than they are to the twins for some time to come. And a few years from now I think we'll see a lot of pictures of Mary and Frederik and the twins without the older two.

To have two active older children and twins on the yacht would have been an ordeal. Vincent and Josephine are still very young and can get tired faster than their older siblings. Waiting makes the time we will see the twins even better.:flowers:

I don't see why they have to take the kids or the twins on a two day visit. Yes they are still very young. If I remember correctly, the twins did not go to The Netherlands recently. The only reason I could see C & I attending is that they are old enough to attend the wedding and be one of the paige boy/girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom