General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 8: March - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sternchen perhaps you would know if Bendt Wedell is distantly related to Fred. I remember they went to his wedding and I think the Wedells are related to the Swedish royals. Or am i wrong. I thought perhaps you may know. Thanks in advance. And thanks for the long translation you did for us all. Might have been one another thread. cheers

Mary: So Regal and Elegant

Just an observation of how Mary has grown into her role. She somehow managed to be warm and engaging yet regal, elegant and VERY beautiful during the walk-about today! And all while carrying a babe in her arms during a long walkabout, and still calmly managing to keep the older children in control. A great performance!

She is remarkable and I am sorry we will not see her and Frederik at the British royal wedding...

the blonde-story seems to me not to have all those many legs as far as f&m marriage is concerned...
emily is an acquaintance of frederik's, who was partying with some friends among whom emily happened to be. they both drunk a bit too much and behaved overfriendly, without stepping any line, if truth must be said.
frederik has not acted very considerate, but all in all it was nothing serious. the blonde wasn't too considerate either, but there again, very minor sin...
the fact that the twins' christening afterparty took place in that very club speaks volume about fred's innocence in my opinion

Mary & Fred

In my opinion Mary is begininng to look like a wax model in Madame Tussauds. Compared with her earlier photos she is looking too "polished" and unnatural. She is also far too thin although not as bad as CP Letizia.
Lastly call me crazy and I can't put my finger on it but judging from their body language something isn't right between M&F either.
Don't get me wrong I don't hate Mary but am merely expressing my opinion. I simply miss the more spontaneous and natural Mary.

Its amazing how all of us see things differently when we look at photos!:ROFLMAO:
The day before the christening, CP Mary looked just like how she looked when she was dating CP Frederik..hardly any make-up on and very natural IMO! Hardly a wax model!
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2011/PPE11041374.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2011/PPE11041370.jpg

God forbid that she dared to look elegant and polished at the christening of her 2 youngest children...with the media and public focused on her family!:lol:

I didn't see anything wrong with the CP Couple's body language either in the photos or videos I saw.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2011/PPE11041494.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2011/PPE11041493.jpg

The CP Couple are the parents of 4 children under 6 years old. There are going to be stresses and strains...which is natural IMO! They are still in the learning stages of taking care of twin babies and 2 older toddlers. Let's give them a break!

Last edited:
I simply miss the more spontaneous and natural Mary.

You may have to elaborate if you wish for your opinion to be understood clearly, because I confess, I don't understand what the above statement is infact based on?

but judging from their body language something isn't right between M&F either

Interesting. I think we've been looking at very different photographs.

Last edited:
In my opinion Mary is begininng to look like a wax model in Madame Tussauds. Compared with her earlier photos she is looking too "polished" and unnatural. She is also far too thin although not as bad as CP Letizia.
Lastly call me crazy and I can't put my finger on it but judging from their body language something isn't right between M&F either.
Don't get me wrong I don't hate Mary but am merely expressing my opinion. I simply miss the more spontaneous and natural Mary.

In the few video clips and photos I saw I thought Mary seemed very self-conscious. I also thought there was something up between M&F, based on the clips that I saw. Maybe it was fatigue, the stress leading up to the day and looking after 4 children??

Sorry,but I do not share the same opinion.For me,Mary is in very good form and not slim.Letizia is slim,but she always used to be more or less slim(I know this from talking to a person knowing her since teen ages).
With all respect,but being slim does not mean being ill.If they were very ill,they couldn't attend so many official meetings.I admit that I do not know,but the standards of the notion "slim" are different.I am slim by nature of body,when I get ill or keep a lent people used to treat me like an anorexic,but that's not true at all.

I thought Mary looked stunning and natural for a 39 year old mother of four who had all her children on the stage for the world to see, and critique should they have a meltdown. I can imagine she is tired and protective of her brood and couldn't wait till they were out of the camera's reach.

Regardless of her chosen life, she still is human and it has to be difficult living under a microscope.

Everyone is entitled to share his/her opinion. As the discussion about that
has turned into a personal argument, some posts have been deleted, please
use the private message method for further discussions! Thank you!

Sternchen perhaps you would know if Bendt Wedell is distantly related to Fred. I remember they went to his wedding and I think the Wedells are related to the Swedish royals. Or am i wrong. I thought perhaps you may know. Thanks in advance. And thanks for the long translation you did for us all. Might have been one another thread. cheers

I think the Wedell-Wedellsborg are originally from Slesvig og Holsten (I assume it is today called Schleswig-Holstein and part of Germany) same as the Buchwald's, Brockdorff's and Ahlefeldt's.
The Wedell-Wedellsborg's are a branch of the Wedell family, and the Norwegian branch is Wedell-Jarlsberg, iirc.

Will have to do some more research and will come back to you :flowers:

But I know for sure that he is part of ”De Fem Gaarde”, together with Joachim :) De Fem Gaarde consists of Schackenborg, Frijsenborg, Wedellsborg, Constantinborg and Gyllingnæs, with Frijsenborg and Wedellsborg being owned by Bendt Wedell-Wedellsborg :)

Last edited:
And MSN now has more details on CP Frederik's night out last Saturday after the football game. Frederik's brother-in-law John Donaldson was with him at the night club...I guess Se og Hor left out that vital piece of information when they printed their "story"!:bang:
Marys bror festede med Frederiks veninde | Starlounge
This is just typical of Se og Hor what makes it worse for me is that I read it to practice my Norwegian. :blush: I'm off to the naughty corner now :sad:

it seems pretty logical to me.
and that nothing was wrong between m&f was clear from m's dad and brother coming to party in the very club of the supposed scandal... no father and no brother would side with the "cheater" against their own daughter/sister.
only, mary needs a break too, she looks all right but tired and obviously the post-natal / breastfeeding period is emotionally very demanding on a woman even though she has tons of nannies to help her. even a short weekend with frederik or with a girl friend of her would do, imo

Yes, Mary may have nannies to assist...but those nannies cannot breastfeed the children...Mary cannot delegate that responsibility to anyone else. To breastfeed 1 child is hard enough...but 2 at the same time?
I agree...Mary definitely needs some Mary-time!

Yes, Mary may have nannies to assist...but those nannies cannot breastfeed the children...Mary cannot delegate that responsibility to anyone else. To breastfeed 1 child is hard enough...but 2 at the same time?
I agree...Mary definitely needs some Mary-time!
Breast feeding is the easy part of raising children. It is relaxing and quiet time with just you and the baby. With nannies you don't have to worry about what the other children are up to or whether the laundry is done so you have a change of diapers for the baby.

And MSN now has more details on CP Frederik's night out last Saturday after the football game. Frederik's brother-in-law John Donaldson was with him at the night club...I guess Se og Hor left out that vital piece of information when they printed their "story"!:bang:
Marys bror festede med Frederiks veninde | Starlounge
I certainly would not appreciate my husband needing to frequent nightclubs. It would seem they have a large enough home to accomodate a group of relatives and friends for an evening of fun, food and drink rahter than clubbing. Bringing along relatives does lend an air of legitimacy but the issue still remains. Why nightclubs at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Breast feeding is the easy part of raising children.

And what about thelalgia, candidiasis, milk stasis, mastitis, OALD?

I certainly would not appreciate my husband needing to frequent nightclubs. It would seem they have a large enough home to accomodate a group of relatives and friends for an evening of fun, food and drink rahter than clubbing. Bringing along relatives does lend an air of legitimacy but the issue still remains. Why nightclubs at all?

So you would also suggest that noone needs to leave their house anymore to have a party with friends and relatives as soon as you are married? Or should they wait until children are there? And from which size of the house should your procedure apply? :)

Last edited:
So they are to stay in their home and not go out? That would be a sad fate indeed. The Danish royals come across as being very open and not afraid to mingle with society. The price for that openess is the active imagination of the tabloids...but the Danish royals live with that and seem determine not to let the media dictate their lives.
Mary, Frederik, Joachim and Marie regularly go out with friends, both together and separately...nothing wrong with that. And Frederik went to 1 night club only on 2 occasions within the past week...after the football match with his brother-in-law John and after the christening dinner with his family, in-laws and friends.
I think Joachim said it best in one of his past interviews...to allow the media to dictate how they live their lives would be the same as conceding to terrorists.

Last edited:
Breast feeding is the easy part of raising children

I don't agre. I've tried to feed three children for the first six months of their lives on breast milk only and in my experience it drains you. You may have another experience but none of us knows how Mary experiences it. From what I have heard from breastfeeding twins, it can be really exhausting - nanny and house help notwithstanding.

I don't agre. I've tried to feed three children for the first six months of their lives on breast milk only and in my experience it drains you. You may have another experience but none of us knows how Mary experiences it. From what I have heard from breastfeeding twins, it can be really exhausting - nanny and house help notwithstanding.
The point was that Mary has an extensive staff to handle everything except nursing. If one does not have to do cooking, shopping, laundry, vacuuming, caring for other children and thousands of other tasks that most mother of infants are involved in then the nursing part is relatively easy. Many of us have breastfed our children but let's not compare ourselves any of the royal moms.

So they are to stay in their home and not go out? That would be a sad fate indeed. The Danish royals come across as being very open and not afraid to mingle with society. The price for that openess is the active imagination of the tabloids...but the Danish royals live with that and seem determine not to let the media dictate their lives.
Mary, Frederik, Joachim and Marie regularly go out with friends, both together and separately...nothing wrong with that. And Frederik went to 1 night club only on 2 occasions within the past week...after the football match with his brother-in-law John and after the christening dinner with his family, in-laws and friends.
I think Joachim said it best in one of his past interviews...to allow the media to dictate how they live their lives would be the same as conceding to terrorists.
The discussion was not about going out but going to nightclubs. No matter in which city one is or how exclusive the night club is they all have one thing in common and that is drinking and dancing. That is why the action starts after usual dinner time, 10-11 at night and continues on into the morning. To compare going out with friends to being at a nightclub at 3 in the morning are truly apples to oranges.

Last edited by a moderator:
The discussion was not about going out but going to nightclubs. No matter in which city one is or how exclusive the night club is they all have one thing in common and that is drinking and dancing. That is why the action starts after usual dinner time, 10-11 at night and continues on into the morning. To compare going out with friends to being at a nightclub at 3 in the morning are truly apples to oranges.
But CP Frederik was just going out with friends, both after the footballgame and after the christening.

Honestly, we are on the outside looking in and there are always problems when people who don't know the situation jump to conclusions. I'm pretty sure he talked to Mary and to be honest maybe Mary has already had her down time and it's Frederik's turn. I mean I think everyone is being a bit too harsh especially when we don't know the situation first-hand or have any idea what is really going on. I think we should just leave it alone and move and stop making judgments based off of what we see in the press and what they tell us.

Personally, I wouldn't be that keen on my husband going out to a club while I am at home with four kids (nannies or no nannies) but perhaps Mary is. That's all well and good.

My only issue with Fred going out is that he needs to be careful but obviously this picture was taken off the cuff by someone who betrayed a trust. If you aren't doing anything that needs to be explained, just handle yourself better so you aren't in the position of having to explain.

At the end of the day, only Fred and Mary knows what goes on in their marriage.

I agree with UserDane. Nursing an infant can be very time consuming and draining. Especially if you have other children who require your attention too.
CP Mary does have help but if she is still nursing the twins then she will be devoting quite a bit of time to this endeavor. Even pumping takes time as well.

As with still pictures, the video only captured a few moments of Frederik at the club, we don't see events of the entire time he was there. It wasn't the clearest video either so it's very difficult to make assumptions about the state of Frederik and Mary's marriage based on this. I think it was low behaviour to release the story right before the Christening.

I agree with UserDane. Nursing an infant can be very time consuming and draining. Especially if you have other children who require your attention too.
CP Mary does have help but if she is still nursing the twins then she will be devoting quite a bit of time to this endeavor. Even pumping takes time as well.

It sounds like everyone is basing their opinions on an assumption that breastfeeding is going well for Mary and that just may not be the case. Even if her last two children nursed wonderfully, it doesn't mean it's going well this time. And what about the possibility of post-partum depression?

Nice to see them enjoying some casual time with family & friends, Mary looks good. I wonder if they went for lunch or if they headed back to the palace after the walk.

And we have a genuine sensation on our hands!

Frederik's very good friend, Jeppe Handwerk has had a sexchange operation. He is now a blonde woman. :eek:

At least according to this weeks edition of Womans Day: Princess Mary's pride and joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom