General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 8: March - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed the second episode of the documentary more than first. I think the first had bad editing. Anyway I particularly enjoyed seeing more of the Fredensborg interior, especially the guest rooms. Imagine the days when the Greek and Russian royal families used to visit. So many of them all rushing about as they did in those days. If only the walls could talk. Looking forward to the next episode.

What was your impression?

I remember there was considerable focus on M&F (Mary incidentally looked great in her sunhat). and their children in this episode.

Really enjoyed this episode. seemed to flow better and More M&F which I loved. I am definitely warming more and more to the Queen. She is a bit of a character.:flowers:

I enjoyed the episode too, I ADORE the master of ceremonies! I had never seen the Queen in an interview before, just pictures, and she is quite impressive. I love the way she dresses "down" and I appreciated her comment about allowing the children to have everyday lives, which means, not "watched". M&F were great, Mary looked just gorgeous at the state dinner and at the airport. She has such beautiful posture.

I have enjoyed both episodes purely because I am able to understand what is happening thanks to the subtitles. An eye opener that they try to live normal lives as far as possible. The queen is very entertaining.

In America, "bending an elbow" means having a drink. Is this the same idea?
And if not, what does it mean? Thanks

Plenty of elbowroom would perhaps be a better expression. - I.e. simply room enough to sit comfortable.

I enjoyed the episode too, I ADORE the master of ceremonies!

Indeed. Christian Eugen Olsen has a wonderful sense of humor. :lol:
You'll see more of him in the upcoming episodes.
I believe he is retiring soon.

Indeed. Christian Eugen Olsen has a wonderful sense of humor. :lol:
You'll see more of him in the upcoming episodes.
I believe he is retiring soon.
Yes, but I don´t think he will retire before the celebration of QMII´s 40th jubilee :flowers:

Her er Frederiks bedste dæknavne - Royale - BT.dk

The headlines in the tabloids today state that Frederik has a profile on Facebook, like a little more than two million other Danes. (No, I'm not among them).
Someone, presumably now an ex-friend of Frederik, has leaked Frederik's very anonymous profile to the papers.
He is using the extremely anonymous name of Jens Peter Hansen. (Equivalent to John Smith).

The BT article goes on by listing a number of aliases used by Frederik and also one used by QMII: Marie Hansen.

More on the story: http://www.bt.dk/royale/frederiks-hemmelige-facebook-ven-talte-over-sig
The paper phoned to a number of Frederik's friends to learn whether they could confirm it is Frederik and one of them, Søren Lauritzen, accidentally more or less confirmed it.
- But someone must nevertheless have leaked it to the press beforehand.

Last edited:
Well, I guess the profile has now been deleted :)

Better chose your friends carefully, espeically on facebook :innocent:

I guess he should have choosen better in RL...

I can't see the first part...
Please, I need your help!!!

The saga about Frederik's facebook profile continues: Se beviset: Her er Jens Peter Hansen - Royale - BT.dk

BT claims they made a screen dumb before the profile was closed and there was one photo on the profile; of Mary and Frederik, allegedly in Verbier in 2008. (See article).

The profile was created about a year ago.

I cannot help thinking that "someone" is providing BT with material, including the picture.

Anyway, BT has as usual asked various experts and they believe that facebook is an excellent method for Frederik to get to know his future subjects. Or as a practise run before the DRF open their oven facebook profile.
There are a number of technical details which my own very seasoned facebook expert beside me confirms as being correct. :p

Any ideas why the SBS documentary is not working in my computer??? I HAVE to see this documentary! :bang:

My guess is, that they already took of Episode 1

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #14, 2011.
Far med fart på - High speed dad.
Written by the man, Ulrik Ulriksen.

I've dealt with his offial duties elsewhere, so this is just about what he was doing as a private person.

Saturday afternoon, Frederik, Christian and one of Christian's playmates (*) went to Folketeatret to see the musical Treasure Island. Incidentally with the actor Lars Bom as the main character. That should make it worth watching in itself, I can easily imagine him as a pretty convincing Long John Silver. :cool:
During the intermission Frederik and the boys went backstage, where the two youngest boys were presented with a set of pirate accessories. That was cool!

Sunday morning, Frederik was observed running for about an hour at high speed along the harbour of Copenhagen and the fortress known as Kastellet, with Ziggy in a leash. Frederik looks pretty fit, judging from the pic in the article. And it was indeed a pretty wasted dog who returned with her master to Amalienborg.

Here is a pic of Christian saying: "Hi", to the reporter before entering the theatre: http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2011/4/Morkhaaret%20prins%20Christian%20i%20teateret%20med%20far.aspx

(*) No! The playmate did not have bunny ears! Shame on you and your dirty minds....:ermm::p

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary, Muhler! My goodness, Christian is changing. His face is starting to lose the little boy look and his hair is darkening up. He is so cute!

There is a portrait of Mary in this weeks edition of Søndag: Fra én superheltemor til en anden - - Sondag

Apparantly it's focusing on Mary in her role as mother of four.
Has someone read this magazine and can someone fill us in?

There are some pics in the link as well.

I have read it.
It doesn't really tell anything new.

It starts out by stating that Liam Gallagher from Oasis have called Mary cool. The magazine agrees that she is pretty cool. She is a modern princess and a fashion icon. And in a time where most royal houses are meet with resistance and skepticism she is practically untouched - respected for the brave choices she has made and the goals she has achieved.

It goes on telling about her background story, her family and what she did before she became a princess.

And there is a large section in which a Child psychologist talks about how to handle a big family.

Thanks, Danish girl :flowers:

Saved some money there I guess.

I have read it.
It doesn't really tell anything new.

It starts out by stating that Liam Gallagher from Oasis have called Mary cool. The magazine agrees that she is pretty cool. She is a modern princess and a fashion icon. And in a time where most royal houses are meet with resistance and skepticism she is practically untouched - respected for the brave choices she has made and the goals she has achieved.

It goes on telling about her background story, her family and what she did before she became a princess.

And there is a large section in which a Child psychologist talks about how to handle a big family.

Seriously! What a no nothing article.

Reminds me of the days when people would put a well known movie stars/royals on the covers and inside the cover, they didn't take the time to interview the subject, and the article is just a rehash of published reports from years ago.

Seriously! What a no nothing article.

Reminds me of the days when people would put a well known movie stars/royals on the covers and inside the cover, they didn't take the time to interview the subject, and the article is just a rehash of published reports from years ago.

What "the days"? It's pretty much all journalists do these days IMO.

Could someone please post a link for the last nights screening of SBS2 documentary about the Danish Royal Family. As I missed quite a bit of it. Thanks in advance.

Please disregard my previous post about SBS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom