General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 7: October 2010 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think becasue it willb e photographer from al l over and the photos will be in international magazines it is a way to show denamrk around the world , all the beautiful churches!

Could someone please tell me, which palace at Amalienborg belongs to Frederik and Mary?
I thought it was Christian VIII but I read somewhere that it is Frederik VIII.

It is Frederik VIII palace.

Is it bigger than the one Christian was christened in? :)
It's hard to tell because they have different shapes. Holmens Church has the shape of a cross, whereas Christiansborg Chapel is quadratic.
Moreover Holmens Church has a lot of dark wood and art objects/decorations inside (IIRC there were ships hanging from the ceiling) whereas Christiansborg Chapel is very light-coloured. So even if Holmen may be bigger in numbers I didn't have the feeling it's a much bigger church.

Last edited:
And with the head band from Prince Christian and Princess Isabella´s christenings :)

Oh, I meant that the CPC (not the journalists) may have played the music loud so that their conversations couldn't be heard. But I'm sure you're right - very unlikely

:) Well, I did mean the CP couple.
Recording or even writing about what you (a journalist standing outside) have heard people say in their home, even with the windows open, is very much a breach of the Danish laws of privacy.
It's another matter if someone had stepped out on a balcony and shouted something out across the square.

It's hard to tell because they have different shapes. Holmens Church has the shape of a cross, whereas Christiansborg Chapel is quadratic.
Moreover Holmens Church has a lot of dark wood and art objects/decorations inside (IIRC there were ships hanging from the ceiling) whereas Christiansborg Chapel is very light-coloured. So even if Holmen may be bigger in numbers I didn't have the feeling it's a much bigger church.

Ricarda, seating capacity info available on the internet:

Christiansborg chapel: 340
Holmens church: 1200
Cathedral: 1500 (corrected)

Christiansborg chapel sounds about right, but I'm not quite sure how to squeeze in 1200 persons in Holmens (which I happen to know well). IMO 800-1000 sounds more like it, but maybe the gallery seats more people than I thought?

Viv

Last edited:
They are right about seating 1200 in Holmens. I have been singing in Holmens and one of the times there were app. 1200 people. The galleries takes a lot of people and the choir can be squeezed together a bit. They don't have to fill up two parts of the gallery :):):)

:) Well, I did mean the CP couple.
Recording or even writing about what you (a journalist standing outside) have heard people say in their home, even with the windows open, is very much a breach of the Danish laws of privacy.
It's another matter if someone had stepped out on a balcony and shouted something out across the square.

Oh - now I understand! That's a great law! I wish we had more privacy laws in the US :-(

Ricarda, seating capacity info available on the internet:

Christiansborg chapel: 340
Holmens church: 1200
CathedraL: 1600

Christiansborg chapel sounds about right, but I'm not quite sure how to squeeze in 1200 persons in Holmens (which I happen to know well). IMO 800-1000 sounds more like it, but maybe the gallery seats more people than I thought?

Viv

Wasn't it said at the time of the Wedding that the Cathedral had place for 800 guests which where present at the Wedding. And from the pics one can see that they have put extra chairs between the benches.

I am not sure where to post this, so please forgive a newbie if I have posted this in the wrong place:

CP Frederik will be regent from February 27 until March 13, 2011. Anyone have any ideas why so long? Perhaps, QM2 and Prince Henrik are taking a holiday?

This info is on the CPC website but I haven't seen anything yet of where QM2 will be.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Stefan said:
Wasn't it said at the time of the Wedding that the Cathedral had place for 800 guests which where present at the Wedding. And from the pics one can see that they have put extra chairs between the benches.
I think the 800 is when the guests are wearing big dresses as they did to the wedding :)

Hm.. I don't remember what was said at the time, but if you suggest that 1600 looks a bit much I agree! So I've just trawled through the cathedral website which says 1500 seats, including galleries. I suppose we have to take their word for it. Following the lines of FasterB it's definetely not 1500 persons in full gala!

Viv

Wasn't there a thread about the church and preparations for the baptism?

Anyway, Trine Villemann has surfaced on BT Danskerne må ikke deltage i tvillinge-dåb - Kendte - BT.dk

And as much as I hate to admit it, she has a point - in the sense that baptizing the twins on an ordinary Thursday afternoon, will prevent many from watching the event live. Which is unfortunate considering how many usually watch such events involving the DRF.

But Trine Villemann of course go way over the top, especially as we don't know why this particular date and time has been decided on.

Here is a summary of the article:

The baptism takes place Thursday at 15.30, at a time when most people are still at work, on the way home from work ( - or busy picking up children and feeding them).
Way more than a million viewers watched the christenings of Christian and Isabella, which took place on a Saturday and Sunday. (Of a population of 5.5 million).

"I've never seen such a foolish planning. The most important task of the DRF is to ensure that such an occasion, which is a part of the backbone of the monarchy, is placed so that as many Danes as possible can take part, if they wish to", says Trine Villemann. (*)

"As it is now, only people on welfare (I.e. social welfare, unemployment benefit, pension and so on) (**) have an opportunity to follow the event. One should think the DRF was out to maginalise itself", says Villemann.

The purpose may be for the baptism to be a more private affair.

Trine Villemann: "If you wish for a private baptism, you don't book Holmens Church. We are talking about two in the Line of Succession, and then there is nothing that is private. (In connection with the baptism).
The DRF has shot itself in the foot. But ultimately it's Crown Princess Mary, who decides (***). This is so much a do-it-again, Mary. I will strongly recommend the court to look again in the calendar and find another date".

However a historian, Lars Hovbakke Sørensen points out that QMII was christened on a Tuesday, Frederik on a Monday and Joachim on a Tuesday. (****) He says: "It's the christenings of Christian and Isabella which are atypical. The tradition is that a royal baptism takes place on a weekday. It's actually the DRF which has been considerate on those two occasions".

He also believe this christening will be private and low key, i.e. no, or at least very few dignitaries present, outside the wider family circle.
He adds: "The DRF always choose themselves as to whether a baptism, a birthday or something similar, should be private. They themselves set the date, and the decide themselves which church to use. The most natural thing is actually to keep the christening private".

(*) Well, the PR function is indeed important, but there may be a handful of functions more important then ensuring viewers to a baptism. The Constitutional roles among others.

(**) And schoolchildren, students, those who work different hours, those who take a few hours off (which has been seen before in connection with say important soccer matches).

(***) How about Frederik, hasn't he got something to say?

(****) QMII's christening was before live TV and Frederik and Joachim was back in a time where the interest for the DRF was actually less than now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the translation Muhler! I hardly think that the Crown Prince Couple of Denmark's decision to have the christening of their twins on a Thursday and not a weekend will lead to the downfall of the monarchy!:lol::whistling:
Another comment which I read when the christening date was announced was that the christening will take place during the weekly deadlines of the tabloids...as if the Crown Prince Couple should have taken that into account when they made their decision.:lol::ROFLMAO:

I don't think that the CP-Couple made the decision alone :lol: And I don't think that anyone at the Court had a problem with the date and time :)

And I don't think that the majority of Danes have a problem with it either! The date has been announced...the christening will take place....and life will go on!

This "new" Zodiac has something to do with the Mayan calendar. I will try to find out more later.

Edited to say: sorry I answered so quickly without explaining properly, I was on my way out to the cinema to see The King's Speech - great movie!

there is not a 13 sign, nonsense. please talk with professional astrologers. it is just a rumour to destroy astrology. i have talked to a friend studied astrology and in astronomy there are 13 signs, not in astrology. in the last weeks i have learned so much about my sign scorpio. fascinating.

why does it take so long until we see pictures of little prince and princess?

Last edited:
was it the same with christian and isabella? i can not remember.

Pictures of Christian and Isabella were released quite soon after they came out of hospital. The CP couple have obviously changed there tact this time.

i hope there is nothing wrong with the cute little twins.

Why should there be something wrong with the twins?

because it is so long and there are no pictures. maybe there are ill? i hope not!!!! i loved them when they showed them, so cute. i like it to see baby pictures, the little hands and feet.:wub:

because it is so long and there are no pictures. maybe there are ill? i hope not!!!! i loved them when they showed them, so cute. i like it to see baby pictures, the little hands and feet.:wub:

How do you get from no pictures to the children are ill. It's a ridiculous jump.
Parents come before being the royal couple.

Thanks for the photos :) Standing in front of it, you would never think that so many people would fit into the church :)

How many people are attending?

I found the fact that it is a Thursday odd too, because normally such things as royal christenings, weddings etc. are big things here in Denmark. But oh well, Trine Villemann is always over-dramatizing stuff, I honestly can't take her guts. I remember P Felix's christening was on a Friday, because I watched it when I was in 'fritidshjem' (which is like a place you can be after school for 6-10 year olds) & I was so excited, I was almost attached to that tv :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom