General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 7: October 2010 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UN-AUSTRALIAN OF THE YEAR 2011 - ZOO Weekly

If you go here and read the story you will find that it is very tongue-in-cheek. Assange won top honours for being a 'dobber'. Aussies hate dobbers. It is quite amusing. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks Crisscross :flowers:

I see from the comments that there appear to be some disagreement...
What's a "Dipper dobbor"? (Presumably what we in DK would call: a sladrehank = a tell-it-all or stronger: a røvrender, which I won't translate directly).

What's a "Dipper dobbor"? (Presumably what we in DK would call: a sladrehank = a tell-it-all or stronger: a røvrender, which I won't translate directly).
A 'dibber dobber' is a tattle-tale, so I suppose in DK 'tell-it-all' would be the appropriate translation.

I still remember primary school, when someone who dobbed would always be taunted with "Dibber dobber's wear chocolate nappies!" :D

As for the actual article/listing - it's in Zoo magazine. So whatever they say isn't really meant for an educational/factual/etc purpose :cool:;)

A 'dibber dobber' is a tattle-tale, so I suppose in DK 'tell-it-all' would be the appropriate translation.

I still remember primary school, when someone who dobbed would always be taunted with "Dibber dobber's wear chocolate nappies!" :D

As for the actual article/listing - it's in Zoo magazine. So whatever they say isn't really meant for an educational/factual/etc purpose :cool:;)

Thanks, JessRules :flowers:
So dibber dobber = sladrehank.
Learning all the time...:)

ADDED: Is Zoo magazine equivalent to say FHM magazine?

ADDED AGAIN: Is there a thread about Mary and Frederik before thet got engaged? If there is, I can't find it..

Last edited:
:previous:

Yes, that would be an apt comparison.

translation from BB:

Today Crown Princess Mary turns 39 years old, and to celebrate we bring you 10 of her best pictures.
The last year has been absolutely fantastic for Princess Mary. Her mother in law, Queen Margrethe, celebrated 70 years. Her good friend, Princess Victoria, was married to her great love Daniel Westling, and at the island of Spetses was a true fairytale wedding of Frederik's cousin, Prince Nikolaos and his Tatiana Blatnik.

But most of all was of course the big family expansion. Twins - Mary's new little prince and princess.

Billedbladet wishes Princess Mary a heartfelt happy birthday, and will bring 10 of the best pictures of Mary from the year that has passed.

Billed-Bladet - Tillykke med fødselsdagen Mary - her er dine bedste skud

Kongehuset indefra - dr.dk/DR1

This is a great doco that I found in a Princess Marie thread but there is more Mary in it than Marie, so it's probably better here...I can't believe how confidently and efficiently Mary speaks Danish only after about 7 years...She is amazing! I didn't understand a word of it but I don't think that matters with Mary...

SBS have bought the series, it will be shown later in the year.
This also means that once it has been seen, we should be able to buy the seriesfrom Dymocks.
I am looking forward to seeing this on TV and I certainly will be buying the DVD.

SBS have bought the series, it will be shown later in the year.
This also means that once it has been seen, we should be able to buy the seriesfrom Dymocks.
I am looking forward to seeing this on TV and I certainly will be buying the DVD.

Oh, good...SBS do subtitles for us monolinguists ;)

:previous: That's really interesting, i would love to know if anyone has any idea when, later in the year this would be shown?

missjane,

Iam not sure when, I was just advised later in the year, perhaps if you wrote or emailed SBS they may let you know.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #06, 2011.
Marie og Mary fejrede fødselsdag på slottet - Marie and Mary celebrated birthday at the palace.
Written by our sentinels Ulrik Ulriksen & Frodi Holm Knudsen.

As you may remember, Mary turned 39 last Saturday, and she celebrated her birthday at Amalienborg.
First she was celebrated by her nearest family, i.e. Frederik and all their children....
At 16.00 Princess Marie, her Joachim and bette Henrik in a stroller left the palais in which they have their apartment and after going for a little trip to Kastellet (*) they returned to Amalienborg to visit Mary on her birthday 45 minuttes later.
They stayed for a couple of hours before walking across the square to their own apartment.

Bette Henrik was observed having a cloth copy of the fourlegged, white furry oddball, Apple in his stroller. - One may wonder what fate eventually awaits Apple, if and when J&M have another child.... (**)

The private friends of Mary and Frederik arrived in the evening. At 19.00. Among them were naturally Caroline and Peter Heering, Christoffer Carstenschiold, Ellen Hillingsø, Jeppe and Birgitte Handwerk, Helle and Otto Reedtz-Thott, altogether ten guests.
The mood was apparantly fine from the beginning, our two vigilant reporters, standing at the square, could hear the music going at full throttle. After about an hour, all the guest went up to the private apartment.
However the guests left farly early, so come Sunday, M&F could go for a long drive.

(*) A part of the fortifications in and around Copenhagen. Now a mixed military complex and public park. Located not far from Amalienborg.

(**) If Apple had been a male I would have been appalled on his behalf. It's not fair to take away a man's, ahem, doll...:wub:
But Apple is female, so that is not the case....:whistling:

Last edited:
sounds like Fred & Mary enjoy very loud music

I'm not quite updated as to event on this board, in regards to coverage by Billed Bladet, so instead of trawling through the various threads I'll list the articles from last week here and you can tell me which ones you are interested in and which ones have already beed covered.

DRF articles in Billed Bladet #05, 2011:

The DRF at handball finals.

Frederik standing in for Mary, when handing out the Elite Researchers Prize at Glytoteket.

Our Marie and her Joachim in France.

Prince Henrik, Nikolai and Felix and grandpapa's decorated elephant.

Last edited:
Thanks Muhler for the info on the bday party. Perhaps they used the room labelled as a music/library room. From the photos of the new palace it had very dark walls almost a purple colour. Perhaps they were trying out the acoustics in that room while enjoying the party.

Thanks Muhler for the info on the bday party. Perhaps they used the room labelled as a music/library room. From the photos of the new palace it had very dark walls almost a purple colour. Perhaps they were trying out the acoustics in that room while enjoying the party.

Well, the article actually says the Knights Hall/Great Hall, i.e. the largest room facing the square. But unless the reporters were standing on stepladders there is a limit to how much they would actually be able to see, so suffice to say that loud (dance-(*)) music came from the ground floor of the palais. - Perhaps they were testing the loudspeakers, while standing in say, the Garden Room?

(*) And as Ulrik Ulriksen is (also) a middleaged gentleman, the term "dance music" may be a bit loose. ;) In my world anything after Dire Straits is basically hip hop - or something similar... :p

pity not to be a fly and be able to see all the fan and the paace with the fruniture being more cozy than empty !

Yes, since it's supposed to be used for receptions, galas and parties, I guess some descreete loudspeakers have been set up in that room. - Aaand wonder if Frederik wouldn't have been tempted to demonstrate the capabillities to the guests? :p
WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel, according to the VOGUE-Interview, a pair of large speakers was one of the first items to move in ;)

But the Taffelsal is not so small, either :)

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2010/PPE10022205.jpg

No the room I was thinking of wasn't the great hall nor the mural room. The room I had in mind has pillars with nice gold leaf effect and the walls were painted a very dark colour like a purple but with much more black tint added to it to make it darker.
Sorry I still do not know how to add a photo. I will try and change my avatar instead to show what I mean.

No the room I was thinking of wasn't the great hall nor the mural room. The room I had in mind has pillars with nice gold leaf effect and the walls were painted a very dark colour like a purple but with much more black tint added to it to make it darker.
Sorry I still do not know how to add a photo. I will try and change my avatar instead to show what I mean.

I think it is the one I posted a little earlier:

This one is labeled reading and music lounge in the bocklet.

[URL]http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2010/PPE10022221.jpg[/URL]

You can click through the pics of the palais here http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?objectid=77369

Thank You Sternchen. I must have missed it. Yes that is the room I meant. A nice looking colour but I don't know the name of it. I saw it listed as a music reading Library room.

Thank You Sternchen. I must have missed it. Yes that is the room I meant. A nice looking colour but I don't know the name of it. I saw it listed as a music reading Library room.

Yes, it is the music and reading room at Beletagen, which is the first floor :) It looked like a kind of redish brown when I was standing in front of it :)

it's sweet to read that the couple went for a drive on sunday. good for them if they enoyed some quality time alone.

To me the colour in the reading/music-room looked like a warm deep purple :)

I personally think if Mary and Fred were to have guests and friends over for a small initimate birthday get-together they would use one of the smaller rooms that feature their modern art additions, like the purple mural room or my other favourite, the one with the psychadelic ceiling art...perfect for a party atmosphere...some of the other possible rooms shown look too large, and formal for such friendly festivities ;) Even that room called the 'anretterum' with the sink and taps looks perfect for an informal party, add a few sofas and a few platters of food and drinks and that would be a the perfect place...

But lucky them to such a myriad of options to have a party...our entire house is probably smaller than one of their rooms! Jealous much :)

Last edited:
I wonder if the loud noise was to foil any audio recording of conversations that might be heard outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom