General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 6: July - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's important that we, as members of forums like this, check, verify and evaluate the magazines in order to establish which are the most credible. In order for us to get as correct, truthful and balanced picture as possible of those people who have our interest. In this case the DRF.

Many chief-editors may not wish/want or be allowed to realise it, but for every fictional story they are caught red-handed in publishing, they only erode their own credibility.

Unfortunately there is no ideal world. Since all magazines are there to be sold, its almost impossible to get a balanced view. Some mags focus on sugar, because people love those perfect royals, some will focus on scandals, what will attract other people, who enjoy the imperfection of royals as human beings. Both editors and readers are interested in clichées and not in "the truth" that is almost impossible to establish anyway.

Hardly anyone outside the circle gets close enough for a balanced view and even if somebody does, like royal correspondents, the unfiltered reality will hardly be published in order to stay in the circle of "first hand" information. I remember the ultimate split, Charles & Diana, where the correspondents knew for years what was going on but publicly insisted that the marriage was strong because it made them so much money.

With pictures its even worse since there is no right or wrong but everthing down to personal interpretation.

As for "feeling with the victims", if that was what you meant. I'll leave that to dedicated fans. I want facts and a as credible information as possible, then I'll decide whether "the victims" deserve my sympathy or not.

Muhler snipped with much respect. I totally agree with what you said. With all the half truths, out and out lies and deception we have to take most of what is said with a grain of salt from even so called reliable news sources. This have been proved over and over many times. All I want is the truth. I am smart enough to make my own decision on how I feel. For these so called journalist (ha ha) all they want is a scandal or to be first to destroy a reputation. This has gone on as long as newspapers and magazines have been printed. We just get the news much faster these days.

I agree with you Muhler. The truth is out there! And all I want is truthful reporting of an event, which is why I am a member of this forum. As an Australian I can tell you that since federation in Australia, we had a sugar-coated view of the royal house of windsor. No scandal ever entered our printed pages. Everything changed when Charles and Diana went to war and communications morphed and modernised. Now we can individually find out what is really going on. Distortion of facts has many different faces. When Mary married into the Danish Royal family I had no idea about the Danish Royal family, and my curiosity made me look into this family. I now have enormous respect for Her Majesty, and her family. I have a fondness and sympathetic view of King Christian IX and his family. The trouble with irresponsible reporting is that some of it may end up as historical fact. Just look at what happened with the last Tsar of Russia. Since 1918, we've had so many distorted views of what really happened there. So my point is that irresponsible reporting can lead to long term damage to ones credibility just to sell a few more magazines or newspapers. :bang: Majesty magazine have said that Prss Caroline of Monaco is very litigous when it comes to the press, and puts her lawyers to work if the press are not truthful about her. I would love to see royals and celebrities do the same thing. But I guess that would tie up the courts too much. I'm sure some of you will have a different view. But all we really want is truthful reporting. Is that too much to ask? Well that's my rant for the day.

Sorry to say that but with your comment what cross my mind is: "we keep their pain". They (royals, famous people, etc.) don´t have to worry about those nasty things (or good things) that are written or said about them because we, as members of forums like this, get worried for them. Ok, i understand that perfectly. That's why we are here.

Sorry for my english.

Antonieta there was a small insight into whether the subjects of tabloid gossip care - last year Amber Petty featured an item on her new apartment in Adelaide, and in the photos of her kitchen there were clearly several unflattering tabloid pages from her visit to Denmark cut out and held onto her fridge with magnets, with other articles pinned to her noticeboard, along with some sweet & personal snapshots of Mary with the kids. I'm pretty sure all celebrities are sensitive to tabloid articles and on a human level it would be hard to rise above them.

Imagine Mary met Frederik 25 years ago, before the Internet was widespread.

Practically all the information Australians would have about Mary and her family, would come from magazines like New Idea.

But it's also a two-edged sword. If the Internet did not exist when they met, Danish journalists would be very hard pressed to dig up dirt on a person (Mary). They wouldn't even know where to begin. What's Hobart? Where did she go to school? Who was principal for that school in 1984? How do we get in contact with former employees, boyfriends etc. etc?

NI (or Se og Hør in this case) would have to make up the filth more or less out of the blue. Nowadays they at least inflate some poorly sourced rumour. But it is sort of sourced (even though the source is wrong). The editors morale would have to be incredibly low to garner stories like the ones we see now.

And with todays lack of morale and sense of self, the magazines do not really care about what forums like this disclose about their stories. They'll just find another poorly sourced story next week and go with that one.

But it's also a two-edged sword. If the Internet did not exist when they met, Danish journalists would be very hard pressed to dig up dirt on a person (Mary). They wouldn't even know where to begin. What's Hobart? Where did she go to school? Who was principal for that school in 1984? How do we get in contact with former employees, boyfriends etc. etc?

NI (or Se og Hør in this case) would have to make up the filth more or less out of the blue. Nowadays they at least inflate some poorly sourced rumour. But it is sort of sourced (even though the source is wrong). The editors morale would have to be incredibly low to garner stories like the ones we see now.

And with todays lack of morale and sense of self, the magazines do not really care about what forums like this disclose about their stories. They'll just find another poorly sourced story next week and go with that one.

I believe the magazines would be fully able to fabricate stories, based on basically nothing.

As for the magazines being indifferent about the opinions on boards like that: Probably and I don't care.
Their readers go to royalty and celebrity forums like these to get news and info about particular persons and events.
And here they'll get more and better info anyway, so why waste money buying a magazine which tend to print fiction or at best unreliable stories?
The magazine publishers only respect one thing: That their readers get fed up and stop buying their magazine or even worse start buying competing magazines that offer a more correct coverage and take a more professional view.
The more, shall we say, "manipulated" the stories are the more redundant the magazines make themselves.

My point is why waste money on a magazine in order to see pics, read about gossip, relax? When you can do that in a free newspaper or on the Net?
Why not use money on magazines that are at least reasonable credible, which focus on interviews, photo reporting, background material. In short: magazines that use a minimum of sound journalistic approach?

And now for something else.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2010.
Mary med hænderne fulde - Mary with her hands full.
Written by Helle Skram de Fries.

As you know Christian will turn five tomorrow, Friday. And new official pics of him will be released on his birthday.

There are a few details about him mentioned in the article: He is now a pretty competent swimmer. He prefer playing outside (hardly a surprise). He has started learning how to ski. One of his favourite dishes is oatmeal porridge.

As you have seen Mary brought her two children to Tivoli in Copenhagen where they were to see a performance at the theatre, called The Sword in the Stone". With them went business man and member of the board of the theatre, Fritz Schur. He held Isabella's hand and Mary held Christian's.
At the entrance Mary was presented with flowers as usual and so was Bella. But she was eager to see the performance and pulled Fritz Schur's hand. - Flowers? Yeah, okay. Let's move. :p
Christian and Bella followed the performance with interest. along with the many other children present. At some point Isabella saw some noble ladies enter the stage and asked: "Are they angels, mum"?
During the intermission it was time to run off some energy. Christian ran along wearing a pirate hat and armed with a pistol and an impressive looking cutlass. Bella stayed close to mother, also heavily armed and with a patch in front of her eye.
In the final act a fire breathing dragon appeared on stage and Bella decided to move to Mary's lap.
After the performance Mary said: "She didn't think there was enough dragon. Isabella would have liked to have had more dragon". (*)
Isabella interjected: "I don't wanna go home".
Mary replied gently: "No, I know", and took her daughter by the hand and left Tivoli.

In one of the pictures a PET officer is seen in the background and he appears to have been shanghaied to carry a booklet. It looks like a fairy tale of some sort. (PET are easy to regocnise as they are often the most well-dressed and well-groomed gentlemen present).

(*) She said it like this. Whether Mary was quoting her daughter or just overwhelmed by the impressions, so that she got the grammar wrong, I can't say.

I believe the magazines would be fully able to fabricate stories, based on basically nothing.

As for the magazines being indifferent about the opinions on boards like that: Probably and I don't care.
Their readers go to royalty and celebrity forums like these to get news and info about particular persons and events.
And here they'll get more and better info anyway, so why waste money buying a magazine which tend to print fiction or at best unreliable stories?
The magazine publishers only respect one thing: That their readers get fed up and stop buying their magazine or even worse start buying competing magazines that offer a more correct coverage and take a more professional view.
The more, shall we say, "manipulated" the stories are the more redundant the magazines make themselves.

My point is why waste money on a magazine in order to see pics, read about gossip, relax? When you can do that in a free newspaper or on the Net?
Why not use money on magazines that are at least reasonable credible, which focus on interviews, photo reporting, background material. In short: magazines that use a minimum of sound journalistic approach?

I think the main problem with these magazines, are their locust-like behaviour. They'll do anything to discredit the DRF (any RF or person in fact) through scandal-like stories, so as to sell more magazines, eroding whatever credit/myth/magic that surrounds the DRF. This eventually discredits the DRF to so many people that they ultimately disappear and are replaced by a republic where the magazines have nothing to do and then move on to their next victim/host. And all (or mostly) because of dubious stories made up to sell magazines.

Muhler, thank you. It's surprising on outings like that the PET officers wont dress more casually to blend into the crowd. Who was the business man? Is he a family friend?

As you know Christian will turn five tomorrow, Friday. And new official pics of him will be released on his birthday.
Yippee! New photos of Prince Christian tomorrow! I hope that they were taken in the new Frederik VIII's palace garden which we haven't seen any photos of!

I think the main problem with these magazines, are their locust-like behaviour. They'll do anything to discredit the DRF (any RF or person in fact) through scandal-like stories, so as to sell more magazines, eroding whatever credit/myth/magic that surrounds the DRF. This eventually discredits the DRF to so many people that they ultimately disappear and are replaced by a republic where the magazines have nothing to do and then move on to their next victim/host. And all (or mostly) because of dubious stories made up to sell magazines.

Only if their readers and the courts allow them. Ultimately the readers decide with their wallets.
If the magazines are repeatedly caught manipulating stories, their credibillity goes down the drain. - And then how much influence will they eventually have? Especially if there are alternatives.
And the magazines, by printing fictitious stories, also errode the freedom of speech. - And there are many who are more than happy to curb that right.

We are entering a new age. Already now blogs and forums influence how politics is covered. The networks and newspapers are no longer alone.
The gossip magazines which are much further down the scale will, I predict, lose ground. Especially as the papers also concentrate on celeb-news. The magazines can in my opinion go two ways: Fight an ever more desperate battle with ever more competitors, using more and more sensationalist stories, until stopped by the courts or going out of business.
Or work on their credibillity. They can't do both.

Muhler, thank you. It's surprising on outings like that the PET officers wont dress more casually to blend into the crowd. Who was the business man? Is he a family friend?

One of them did, if my spot-PET-hunch is correct. He was very casually dressed indeed! :eek:

Fritz Schur is a multi millionaire and I guess he must know M&F fairly well, judging from the way he interacted with the children as seen in the pics. - Or Isabella in particular is more trusting than I thought.

Fritz Schur is a multi millionaire and I guess he must know M&F fairly well, judging from the way he interacted with the children as seen in the pics. - Or Isabella in particular is more trusting than I thought.

He used to be known as the unknown billionaire here in Denmark. Noone really knew who he was and he kept very much out of the limelight.

He used to (and still does AFAIK) arrange parties for the nations elite - often involving - or revolving around - the royal family. For a decade or more, he's also been a government favourite in government-appointed seats at different board-of-directors. He's CotB in SAS (airline), a position needing both the Danish and Swedish governments blessing - recommendation even, the Danish Postal Service (also CotB) and (IIRC) Klasselotteriet, a sort of National Lottery (aldo CotB).

Besides those jobs, he has interests in several factories and companies throughout Denmark and Europe, and is General Counsel of Finland and holds a prestigeous position at court (along with O. M. Clausen of Danfoss - the two only non-military men ever to recieve that position).

My spider-sense tell's me he wields a lot of unseen power as well. Interesting what'll happen once he retires and eventually passes away. He'd unwed and have no children, although he have a nephew or niece or something.

How he's become so close with the CPs' children is strange. But I guess he's an affable man.

I was looking at this photo,I love the kids, Christian has such a nice personality! Isabella very cute but does her tights have 2 holes close to the ankle?
Galería de imágenes - Foto 3 - Mary de Dinamarca lleva a sus hijos, los príncipes Christian e Isabella, al parque de atracciones

I don't think so. It looks like buttons or some type of design, but I could be wrong.

There are a lot of leggings these days that have a zipper or button detail at the ankle. I have a few pairs like that myself. The lower of the two "holes" on Isabella's leggings looks like a button closure.

Holes or not, you can clearly see Crown Princess Marys marvellous fashion taste in her children's wardrobe. ;) May this little boy enjoy his 5th birthday tomorrow!

Holes or not, you can clearly see Crown Princess Marys marvellous fashion taste in her children's wardrobe. ;) May this little boy enjoy his 5th birthday tomorrow!
sorry to disagree with you, I love Mary's fashiion she is for me the best dreess CP but when we talk about the kids, specially Isabella I see a completely different taste, and certnly it is notmy taste the way she dress her kids, sorry different opinions!

I wish the nannies had put a couple of slides in Isabella's hair - it's hiding her pretty little face. She is such a cutie!

Isabella is at an age where most kids want to decide for themselves what to wear.

Isabella is at an age where most kids want to decide for themselves what to wear.

Want to, indeed Sternchen - but "hair out of eyes" should not be optional for a well brought up child!

It's a bit along the lines of the well-known American adage: "Style is optional. Cleanliness isn't"!

It was great seeing Christian's birthday photos - he looks as nicely turned out as Felix or Nikolai.

Neither of the kids is dirty. And my post was not a reply to you per se but in general.

Neither of the kids is dirty. And my post was not a reply to you per se but in general.

I wasn't saying they are dirty :ermm:- I said "along the lines of", meaning, it's in the ballpark of a sound upbringing for privileged children, where there's no need for unkempt hair, because there are all the resources needed to keep the kids looking neat (like Nikolai & Felix!) :flowers:

My goodnes, I am amazed at how some adults like to try to score points continually, especially when involving a child.

I love the photos of the children as pirates they are certainly beautiful children.

Last edited:
I wasn't saying they are dirty :ermm:- I said "along the lines of", meaning, it's in the ballpark of a sound upbringing for privileged children, where there's no need for unkempt hair, because there are all the resources needed to keep the kids looking neat (like Nikolai & Felix!) :flowers:

Maybe next time they can dress Christian in a suit and tie, Isabella in a party dress and tell them to watch the other children play and have fun.
This way their privilege will keep them nice and tidy for those that do not believe in kids being kids royal or not. If Isabella's hair is like most little girls at her age it is so soft after being washed it does not hold anything in it for very long.

To me, the photos show that Mary and Frederik are letting their two children be children. It's going to be hard enough being in the spotlight, being "royal" and for Christian, being the future king of Denmark, he will never be out of the spotlight. I think it's nice to see both of them at play. Posed pictures looking perfect in suit, tie and party dress isn't natural. Yes, it is nice to see this type of photo on occasion but let Mary and Frederik let them be kids for a little longer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom