General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 6: July - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be an innocent explanation for the missing rings - if there was trouble in paradise, taking the rings off would give so much away. It's more likely Mary would continue to wear them, just for the sake of appearances, surely.

Oh for goodness sake, so she isn't wearing her wedding ring. It must mean Mary and Fred are divorcing.:ROFLMAO:

:previous: Amen! I am going with that oldy but goody . . . . . .

"When you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebras"!

Mary is pregnant, fact.
Mary is having twins, fact.
This is her first set of twins, fact.
Pregnancy frequently causes fingers to swell, fact.
Pregnancy side effects (i.e. fluid retention, swelling fingers, etc.) may begin earlier when presenting with multiple births, fact.

Mary loves her wedding rings and doesn't want to have to get them cut off and has therefore put them carefully away until such time as she can get them on again and off again and on again, etc. ad nauseum. Conjecture!

But probably accurate!

Last edited:
:previous: Amen! I am going with that oldy but goody . . . . . .

"When you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebras"!

Mary is pregnant, fact.
Mary is having twins, fact.
This is her first set of twins, fact.
Pregnancy frequently causes fingers to swell, fact.
Pregnancy side effects (i.e. fluid retention, swelling fingers, etc.) may begin earlier when presenting with multiple births, fact.

Mary loves her wedding rings and doesn't want to have to get them cut off and has therefore put them carefully away until such time as she can get them on again and off again and on again, etc. ad nauseum. Conjecture!

But probably accurate!

Quite right. Lets also not forget that pregnant or not, fingers often swell up when flying, so it may be perfectly sensible to leave the rings at home when one has so many flights to do in a short period of time.

A little info re Amber's party that I heard on the radio whilst in the car today. Amber gave a short interview on air and a Melbourne radio station picked it up. . .

Mary, along with five others gave speeches at her birthday party which had around 150 in attendance. A few notable VIP of Australia's sporting world amongst them. Mary was first to give a speech.

Amber had the five ladies (if I recall correctly, it was five of her nearest and dearest female friends) wear pink sashes with "Amber's Lifemaid" written on each (a joke at the expense of Amber having not married). The ladies were very much amused as was the entire party.

Mary helped Amber get ready and into her dress, and wanted to make sure the night was all about her.

Mary danced the night away to the best and worst of 80's music and a list of contemporary artists aswell. Particuarly enjoying many Abba hits and acting out the dance to 'Single Ladies' along with others.

Mary mingled freely with many of the guests engaging them in conversation, and them her.

HRH stayed until around 2am before calling it a night. Amber said Mary had thoroughly enjoyed herself and that she (Amber) was now really sad that Mary had left.

Even a Crown Princess is entitled to let her hair down from time to time and rightly so. I'm sure Princess Maxima would agree!

As for Mary not wearing her engagement and wedding rings, it's really a non issue until people try and make it one. Give it up already!...lol.

http://www.bt.dk/royale/gravid-mary-drak-vin

A little funny thing from BT.

You know they had a story about the comments in Australian papers, which led to a number of annoyed reactions among readers, who had actually read the comments in the Australian papers.

That was followed by an article of Mary at the AP party with the headline: "Mary at scandale party" and as you know there was nothing scandalous neither at the party nor in the article. It was just based on some of the stories about AP fro the past.

Now this morning a new story with the headline: "Pregnant Mary drank wine" - yes, how appalling! :eek: :whistling:
Yhis time they had been foolish enough to allow the readers to comment and without exaggerating I'd say 90% of the reactions were angry: "Get real"! and/or "Stop these sensationalist headlines". Even an Australian had googled his way through the article and posted a response.
And now the readers can no longer comment on that story....

BT is a tabloid but they've always considered themselves a class way above Ekstra Bladet. Well, not lately.
It'll be interesting to see if they'll continue their recent policy of sensationalist headlines in connection with the DRF.
Getting a lot of hits is not necessarily a good thing if you at the same time p*ss off a lot of your core readers. - Who might just as well go to TV2 or Starlounge for the gossip news.
BT is a right wing/liberal paper and as such their readers tend to be somewhat conservative and also more serious minded in regards to news. Whereas readers of Ekstra Bladet also very much read the paper for the entertainment value.

I don't see the big deal with the fact that a lot of royals do not wear their wedding jewelry. Lots of happily married non-royal people don't wear their wedding jewelry after the first few weeks or months of marriage. It is a secure person that does that.

Thanks Muhler, Obviously BT did not have to go to the trouble of sensationalizing the story to sell the magazine as the it would have sold well without the ridiculous hype. Just goes to show the editor of BT had a panic attack and decided to write rubbish to increase sales. It always annoys me that publications think there readers are morons when we aren't. cheers

And as sure as night follows day:p...the danish media has picked up on the "story" that Mary wasn't wearing her engagement and wedding rings!:lol: At least they put it down to "swollen fingers due to pregnancy" on the msndk.starlounge website.
Google Translate

By tomorrow...all the other media will be running the "story" of Mary's missing rings! I wonder if any of the media will ask the Danish court to comment on the "mystery" of Mary's missing rings!:ROFLMAO::whistling:

Google Translate
I love this photo, here is where I wonder if she has permanent make up, she looks so perfect! eyebrows, eyelashes, eyeliner!

I doubt whether Mary actually drank a glass of wine - she probably sipped at a glass out of respect for her host's sponsor. Amber has a commercial relationship with a South Australian wine company, and it's perfectly in order for Amber to receive a crate of wine from that company to wish her well. Remember, when Mary married Fred, the likelihood of a great positive for trade was put about as a rationale for VIPs from Australia attending the wedding. It's actually greatly to Amber's credit that she chose not to capitalise on Mary's careful intake of fabulous South Australia wine! (I am a Coonawarra fan myself). PR is Amber's tool of trade, so additional credit for not using her friend's profile for profit.

Does anybody know whether Mary returned to Denmark or traveled straight on to Greece from Australia?

Does anybody know whether Mary returned to Denmark or traveled straight on to Greece from Australia?

I don't know but I would think she would stop back in Denmark to see the hubby and kids. Plus, she must be getting a final fitting on her gown. Given her changing shape, I would think she'd need that. ;)

Princess Mary left Melbourne for Denmark on Sunday afternoon

I would say she would return to Denmark, and travel with the other Danish Royals. Also to get the children perhaps.

Okay, BT has done it again. Mary udsat for plat tæppejoke - Royale - BT.dk

Distorted facts and sensationalized trivialities in order to get hits.
The option of the readers writing comments have been omitted this time :whistling:

Under the headline: Mary udsat for plat tæppejoke = Mary exposed to vulgar carpet-joke, the article tells about one of those who gave a speech at the birthday of Amber Petty, Matt Gilbertson. He referred jokingly to royalty among them, pointing to AP's father who owned a carpet business called Carpet Kingdom.
- Whether it was funny is debatable but I fail to see how that in any way could be considered vulgar.

But the article goes on to explain to the now hopefully indignant readers that Mary was forced to wear and I quote: "a model-competion-ribbon" with the text: Lifemaid.
- Presumably the author has no sense of humour at all and/or he believe the readers are completely brain-dead. How he managed to complete the school for journalism is beyond me, but perhaps he didn't and he is just an intern.

Anyway, stories in the tabloid BT must now be considered less than credible!

Stories written by these authors in particular must be read with extreme caution:
James Kristoffer Miles
Sisse Sejr-Nørgaard

BT's now retired royal reporter, Bodil Cath, was extremely reliable. She knew what she was talking about and she had developed a rapport with the DRF over the years, resulting in many exclusives.
The writers mentioned above can in no way be compared to her.

Frederik is in Singapore now for the Youth Olympics. According to my reporter friend, he made a low key visit to the Olympic village to meet with Danish athletes.

Frederik is in Singapore now for the Youth Olympics. According to my reporter friend, he made a low key visit to the Olympic village to meet with Danish athletes.

He's there until Thursday, and attending the 25th anniversary of the Danish Seamen's Church in Singapore at. 17:00.

Thanks LumutQueen.

Is that 17:00 for today which is over or tomorrow. I'll check and try to get pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of fingers....Mary is wearing her wedding rings at the pre-wedding reception for the Greek couple. Much ado about nothing.:rolleyes:

Maybe she had the rings cleaned or something, excitement over not much - me say.

Good Grief! I hadn't logged in for a day and there's still talk about Mary's rings or no rings! :flowers:

If Mary read some of the things people write about her or her activities, I think she would be gob smacked!! Nice people care enough to comment I suppose!:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom