General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 6: July - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Brown is the Federal Parliamentary Greens leader. Certainly a tongue in cheek comment.

Mary did voluntary PR work for the current Australian Environment minister when he headed an environmental organisation in Sydney in the late 1990s, and Bob Brown is now a very powerful man on the mainstream political scene in Australia (he may hold the balance of power) - so Mary would certainly have been interested to catch up. She very probably knows Bob (a fellow Tasmanian) from way back. So it may not have been tongue in cheek - but who knows?

Yes, election day here in australia, timely to hear about Bob Brown!

Mary seems really full of herself...not sure why I get that impression. Maxima, for instance, seems so relaxed and not as stuck up as other princesses...not sure why I get that feeling...I guess it is just that a feeling and nothing more.

:previous: Really???????????
I don't get that at all. I think she is confident and probably that can sometimes come off as being self centered. Remember, she is "off duty" so to speak and probably doesn't like the photographers shoving cameras at her.

:previous: Really???????????
I don't get that at all. I think she is confident and probably that can sometimes come off as being self centered. Remember, she is "off duty" so to speak and probably doesn't like the photographers shoving cameras at her.

You are right...I think it could be just that.

Princess Mary isn't wearing her wedding ring in these photos - but in her earlier pregnancies she wore her rings right through. Pardon the suggestion, but is it possible that she is thin yet her hands are swelling?

It's possible. I know that if you don't get them off by a certain part they might have to be cut off. I also know people who have an "extra" ring they wear during pregnancies instead of their E&W rings. Slightly larger, cheap, etc.

:previous: This may be a silly, but if Mary would be german pic 9 wouldn't say anything about her wearing her wedding ring or not, because in Germany we wear our wedding rings on the right hand. Therefore: is it clear that she wears her wedding ring on her left hand or do Danish maybe wear their wedding rings on their right hand, too? :confused:

:previous: This may be a silly, but if Mary would be german pic 9 wouldn't say anything about her wearing her wedding ring or not, because in Germany we wear our wedding rings on the right hand. Therefore: is it clear that she wears her wedding ring on her left hand or do Danish maybe wear their wedding rings on their right hand, too? :confused:

The vast majority wear the wedding ring on the left hand in DK. I've seen a few wear it on the right but haven't thought much of it.

:previous: Ah! Thanks. It's always a little confusing for me to see wedding rings on the left hand. In most parts of Germany it's "engagement ring left, wedding ring right" ;)

In Marys case I now think, too, that it has to do with her pregnancy. Or there is a completely other reason. Maybe she lost a diamond and the ring is at the jeweler for repair? Or maybe she just wants to play a little prank to all the paparazzi and give them something non-existing (marriage-trouble, for example) to speculate over. :ROFLMAO:

Mary went out shopping in Adelaide today with Amber and some other friends (the gentleman is Hamish Campbell, one of Christian's godfathers)

Crown Princess of Denmark, Mary Elizabeth Donaldson, goes for lunch with friends in Adelaide - Pictures - Zimbio

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/eufq4SA8WZs/Crown+Princess+Denmark+nee+Mary+Elizabeth

--

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark attends her friend and bridesmaid Amber Petty's 40th birthday celebration at The Promethean on August 21, 2010 in Adelaide, Australia.
Gallery of 9 pictures from Getty/WireImage

Last edited:
She looks very well and relaxed. This a very pretty blouse she is wearing.

Silly question: how does one get to Hobart from Copenhagen? Did she fly to say, Frankfurt then Sydney then Hobart? Can one fly directly to Australia from Europe without stopping?

Another silly question: when she travels privately like this, I assume she has security guards with her from Denmark and also from Australia?

Silly question: how does one get to Hobart from Copenhagen? Did she fly to say, Frankfurt then Sydney then Hobart? Can one fly directly to Australia from Europe without stopping?

Another silly question: when she travels privately like this, I assume she has security guards with her from Denmark and also from Australia?

No, you cannot fly directly to Australia from Europe (or vice versa) without stopping - it is simply way too long (depending on where you begin and where you end, it can be up to 24 hours+) and planes generally don't carry enough fuel for that amount of flying.

Chances are Mary would have flown to another European city (London, Frankfurt, etc) before getting a flight to Melbourne (or Sydney), then connecting through to Hobart on a seperate flight. That would be three stops before arriving in Hobart, plus a fourth between Europe and Australia (Singapore, KL, Dubai even).

On this trip, Mary only has one of her bodyguards (PET officer?) with her and a 'minder'. No constant security from the AFP, only once I think when they blocked the media from following her car through a roundabout.

thank you so much for the photos, I must say she has a perfect make up, I was wondering if she has permanent make up done?her eyeslook amazing ! it is impressive to see the difference of skin with her sister, Mary looks so much taking care of than her sister, how old is her sister?
her hair too always perfect!
i guess she is enjoying the visit!

Thank you for posting the pics. Is Amber wearing Mary's necklace on these photos (see pic 4 on the first link)?

I think is a mary's present for amber...
Maybe for this birthday!

Thank you for posting the pics. Is Amber wearing Mary's necklace on these photos (see pic 4 on the first link)?
I was thinking the same , probably is a present from Maary,who is Amber? is she a celebrety in Australia? is she marries? kids? etc... sorry that I ask but I do not know anyting about her

Or maybe she just wants to play a little prank to all the paparazzi and give them something non-existing (marriage-trouble, for example) to speculate over. :ROFLMAO:
That ring represents a sacred vow and an expression of trust by the Danish national church - any princess who played a game with her wedding ring would not be well regarded. I'm sure there must be another reason ... but I can't work out what it could be!

The complete zimbio/gettyimages gallery of the birthday party pics:

** Amber Petty's 40th Birthday Party **

In pic 3 there's a little circle on the back of the leg - is it a trick of the light? Maybe it's a mend? Is this outfit silk, I can't tell ... I love the brown, and the adventurous shape is growing on me. If Mary were to visit India or Pakistan, she could wear this trouser shape as a diplomatic gesture (she would need to wear a long-sleeved top over it though! :whistling:)

Amber Petty's 40th Birthday Party - Pictures - Zimbio

Last edited by a moderator:
Amber Petty is Mary's best friend and was a bridesmaid at Mary's wedding in May 2004. Amber has been to Denmark on many occasions for Fred's 40 th for instance. She is not married.

It appears that the Crown Princess has had a lovely, though however brief, visit 'home'.

When they were dining out at lunch yesterday, employee's of the restuarant went to shield the windows with lage A5 sized pieces of paper for which both Amber and the Crown Princess reassured them, in a thankful manner, that it was fine and really wasn't necessary to do so. I quite agree.

To have done so would have incurred moe attention than was warranted.

This morning on departure from Adelaide, as Mary was leaving the allocated gate, people (presumably awaiting their own flight) were lined up and were saying things like "have a safe flight" and "congratulations" to which Mary smiled most thankfully and extended her appreciation for their goodwill. Even waving to a few children through the glass panelling infront of those who had wished her well.

Short but sweet this visit has been for Mary I'm sure. Even a brief period spent in surroundings that were familiar for so long a time can do the mind well.

Her life is Denmark, her home is Australia.

Short but sweet this visit has been for Mary I'm sure. Even a brief period spent in surroundings that were familiar for so long a time can do the mind well.

Her life is Denmark, her home is Australia.

Well said Madame Royale, a visit home, no matter how short, can boost the spirits.:flowers:

I was thinking the same , probably is a present from Maary,who is Amber? is she a celebrety in Australia? is she marries? kids? etc... sorry that I ask but I do not know anyting about her

Amber Petty is a celebrity in Australia thanks to her radio presenter job, although with "bad girl" image (tumultous love life etc).

Even though this is a "private" visit, it makes Mary look very "celebrity", to go to the other end of the world pregnant with twins, partying with her "bad best friend". She must be very sure that that this fun trip wont cause any complications for her pregnancy.

She must be very sure that that this fun trip wont cause any complications for her pregnancy.

Yes, that's very reassuring isn't it? :)

As you point out we can conclude that Mary's health must be fine and there are no problems in respect to her pregnancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom