General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 6: July - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on friends..She is preagnant and her fingers migt be a bit big for the time..

Okay, the ring discussion is exhausted, time to move on!

No, you cannot fly directly to Australia from Europe (or vice versa) without stopping - it is simply way too long (depending on where you begin and where you end, it can be up to 24 hours+) and planes generally don't carry enough fuel for that amount of flying.

Yes, you can fly non-stop, from Heathrow if you book a place on the A380 from Qantas :)

Did Mary stop in denmark before going to greece?

Yes, you can fly non-stop, from Heathrow if you book a place on the A380 from Qantas :)

Where did you read this Sternchen? All the information I've found on the Qantas websites includes a brief stop in Singapore (as Charlotte1 stated above).

I'd be surprised if you could do London-Melbourne non-stop - that would be one of the longer Europe-Australia flights, and require one hell of a lot of fuel.

Just checked and all flights have a stop in Singapore, BA or Qantas you can't fly that far without refuelling and I've done the journey myself from Heathrow to Sydney and the passengers need a stop halfway through believe me that is a very long flight.

The Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet http://www.aftonbladet.se/wendela/article7672517.ab
Has an article about Mary's glass of wine.

They've included comments from an expert who states that just one glass of wine can harm a faetus. And he goes on to presume that Mary is not aware of such consequences.

The comments are amusing.

- This is a classic!
There have for decades been a duel or rather a feud going on between Denmark and Sweden. Some would call it banter, but as it is a well known fact that Swedes have no sense of humour I'm not sure. :ermm:

The Swedish papers, especially the tabloids, love to write stories about the unhealthy living in Denmark. We drink and smoke and die before time and so on - in contrast to Sweden of course. And to back up their claim they point at well known Danes, not least the DRF.
Queen Margrethe has often come under attack for her smoking habits and now Mary for drinking wine.
And just as sure as amen is heard in church it gets printed in the Danish press along with a collective: mind your own business, Swedes! - Followed by examples of how the Swedes are all boring, hypocritical, busybodies.
- Which again can be mentioned in the Swedish press and so on....

The Danes retort by teasing the Swedes, like when a junoir minister suggested on TV that the navy should be sent to close down a Swedish nuclear plant located just a few kilometres from Copenhagen. Again leading to an informal protestnote from high ranking members of the Swedish government, which was printed with delight by the Danish media. Even the Danish PM chuckled openly. :p

While the Swedes love to point their fingers at Denmark for exessive alkohol cunsumption, and with considerale justification, the Danes love to point their fingers at Sweden for being a country full of prohibitions - and having no sense of humour.

But there are plenty of people who actually take it serious. A Swedish documentary crew went to Denmark to investigate in the mid 70's and they had all their prejudices confirmed, as such the crew ended up in the news on the only TV channel back then, so everybody saw it.
They were immediatly set upon by the weekly satire show, who had dressed themselves up as the Swedes, being dead drunk as a result of their "research". The best part was that the Swedish crew was seen in the background all with the corners of their mouths at 25 past 6 position. :evil:

What is going on is basically a continuation of centuries of hostillities, but at least we no longer fire guns at each other. :lol:

Which glass of wine? And i'm sure she understands the consequences after having two other children.

- This is a classic!
There have for decades been a duel or rather a feud going on between Denmark and Sweden. Some would call it banter, but as it is a well known fact that Swedes have no sense of humour I'm not sure. :ermm:

:ROFLMAO:

I didn't know about this banter but it sounds really amusing. Seems like it's the same like it's between Germany and the Netherlands. There are millions of caravan-jokes and cheese-jokes in Germany, while we're often portrait as to serious and without one shred of humor in the Netherlands. And don't let me get started about soccer. That's pure verbal-war, people. It's nice to see there are more countries with a love-hate-relationship around. :lol:

And to put my two cents to the wine-discussion: I don't thin Mary isn't aware of how dangerous alcohol is for her two unborns. This isn't her first pregnancy and even if it is, she's an intelligent, modern woman who should know this kind of things. Personally I don't see anything to discuss over. She HELD a glass of wine, but she didn't DRINK it. At least that's what I know (correct me if I'm wrong).

So there's no harm done, because there's no influence on the unborns when mommy just HOLDS something. To have a glass for a toast in her hand or whatever. Maybe that wasn't even wine. It could be grape juice for all we know. I mean, that's what my little brother drinks every christmas so it looks like he drinks wine, too. Grape juice for red wine, iced tea for white wine. Maybe something like this is the secret about Marys glass of wine, too. Who knows. :confused:

:ROFLMAO:

So there's no harm done, because there's no influence on the unborns when mommy just HOLDS something. To have a glass for a toast in her hand or whatever. Maybe that wasn't even wine. It could be grape juice for all we know. I mean, that's what my little brother drinks every christmas so it looks like he drinks wine, too. Grape juice for red wine, iced tea for white wine. Maybe something like this is the secret about Marys glass of wine, too. Who knows. :confused:

Absolutely right KitKat - I agree - and I'll add that I think Mary held the wine as part of her role as an Australia/Denmark trade ambassador when she gets the opportunity. Much as Crown Princess Viktoria represented Swedish commercial interests when she visited. In this instance, Mary was helping Amber's tireless promotion of South Australian vineyards. SA wine is the best in Australia!

Come on, people. Of course she drank a glass of wine. And so <removed> what? You speak of it as if it was a vial of thalidomide she downed with a glass or arsenic.

Most of your mothers didn't refrain from drinking when they were pregnant with you and - lo and behold - civilization survived!

As long as QPM isn't binge-drinking, my panties stay pretty knot-less.

Now, cheers - and move the <removed> along.

Last edited by a moderator:
One glass would likely not hurt, I did not drink at all when twice pregnant, that was a choice I made. Mary is a public figure, maybe that's why people question the wisdom of drinking at all when preg. Message sending and all that. (Although she was having a private lunch and was dobbed on by a staff member at the restaurant) - she wasn't swinging off chairs in a smoky night club!!

well it seems not the media is making a fuss about a glass of wine, but the members here.
first I don´t think she hold the glass because "beeing an ambassador" - it was a private party and she was there as a private person.
she hold the glass either for a toast on Amber or because it was filled with water - as I did during my pregnancies.
I drank one or two glasses too and I have 4 healthy children
this matter is not worth the power it needs to write it,....

Now, cheers - and move along.
It matters, because Mary is a PR expert, a role model and an influencer, and alcohol does damage babies! That's why it's being discussed nwinthy! :zen:

And Justina, the wine was held/drunk at lunch at a restaurant, not at the party .... there are no photos from the party! : )

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary is the mother of two and she knows what she is doing. People should just not jump to conclusions. BIGGER problems in the world. Israel/Iran, N. Korea etc. People come here as fans of royalty as a place to escape from the real world. Whinging about wine is not going to make a difference. Let's keep it nice, simple and pleasant.

Pregnant Mary didn't wear her wedding ring>>> She and Fred are divorcing
Pregnant Mary held a glass of something at a party>>> No matter what no matter how she MUST have drunk some wine and nothing else.
Poor pregnant Mary...

I'm confused by your post Katelle, are you being serious or joking?

Pregnant Mary didn't wear her wedding ring>>> She and Fred are divorcing
Pregnant Mary held a glass of something at a party>>> No matter what no matter how she MUST have drunk some wine and nothing else.
Poor pregnant Mary...
I have been pregnant and I drank a glass of wine...I do not think that is a crime.
pollution is also bad and every day I go out for work.:flowers:

I have been pregnant and I drank a glass of wine...I do not think that is a crime.
pollution is also bad and every day I go out for work.:flowers:

Exactly. If a pregnant woman drinks every single night then, yes, she is doing harm. But drinking a glass of wine, no.

We just got over the ring business, now the glass of wine?:flowers:

We just got over the ring business, now the glass of wine?:flowers:

Didn't PM put the rings back on again? I think I saw them on her finger in the Greek wedding photos. The pictures were not clear but definitely some rings there.

I'm confused by your post Katelle, are you being serious or joking?

Don't be confused Lumutqueen. I guess it's a french way to say whatever she does Mary cannot win. Of course I am puzzled about how superficial people can be. The ring then, now the glass of wine she was supposed to drink even if nobody in here didn't even have the opportunity to smell or to taste what the Crownprincess was drinking.

I know lots of married women who don't wear their wedding rings or engagement rings all the time. People who think it means one thing or another really need to get a life and stop speculating. There are more useful things to do with their time.

Three Princes

Good pics of three princes and yes they all look rather dashing and might even be starting a new trend wearing short beards. Even though Prince Frederik is a little late in growing his, as Haakon has had his for a while. All three are nearing middle age and are perhaps dealing with midlife in their own individual way. Their maturity sits well with them and all look contented and happy with the way there life has turned out.;) Meaning all are happy within their marriages.

I have never been a fan of beards so I look forward to these three princes having a shave. They are far too young and handsome to have beards.:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom