General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 5: December 2009 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never realized, the Crown Prince had such a great/ sexy body....!

Yes, I noticed the body art myself. Not a fan.

Has anyone been to that beach? It doesn't look particularly warm but that family is always a treat to watch.

In the "Good Lord, is that all NAP thinks of?" category - Mary being 38 years old, does anyone believe that there will be a third child for them?

It's possible. That's not really that "old" anymore to have a child. Although when I had our last I was 37. Everytime I went in for a check up I would look down at the sheet that the nurse was recording blood pressure, etc, and for mother's age it said, "advanced.":ohmy:

Do they let random photographers get close to take photos or do they have a photo session at a specific time? In one of the last photos it looks like the Crown Prince is giving a "time out" signal.

Also, the story above about the Crown Prince and his friend traveling around America is interesting. I wonder what the rules are for foreign security services operating in the US? I know all national leaders bring their own security, but I thought the Secret Service always accompanied the foreign security staff, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Has anyone been to that beach? It doesn't look particularly warm but that family is always a treat to watch.

In the "Good Lord, is that all NAP thinks of?" category - Mary being 38 years old, does anyone believe that there will be a third child for them?

NotAPretender i don´t know if you have been in Denmark on vacasion,BUT Denmark is sorunde with water,so when we Danes are going for our vacasion we are going out to the water..Just today we have had about 25-29 degreas in the sun and the tempratur in the water is about 25 degreas..
Regarding CP Mary being 38 why shoud she not be preagnent agein ? It´s not unusual that it happens for woman in europa..

I expect them to have at least 2 more kids, Mary has always expressed her view for a bigger family.
The water temp in Denmark is 19'C, to me that's warm but maybe not to people in the USA.
IMO, I love the tattoos on Frederik.

Do they let random photographers get close to take photos or do they have a photo session at a specific time? In one of the last photos it looks like the Crown Prince is giving a "time out" signal.

Check out my previous post, I've also mentioned the time out signal :)
And as to the photos, these weren't planned ones, the paparazzi were
simply lucky to have found them. The next official photo session will be
the annual one during the family's holidays at Gråsten Slot, but it's not
announced yet who of the family will attend.

NotAPretender i don´t know if you have been in Denmark on vacasion,BUT Denmark is sorunde with water,so when we Danes are going for our vacasion we are going out to the water..Just today we have had about 25-29 degreas in the sun and the tempratur in the water is about 25 degreas..
Regarding CP Mary being 38 why shoud she not be preagnent agein ? It´s not unusual that it happens for woman in europa..

I have not been so fortunate as to go to Denmark for vacation but would love to! I am just remembering my summers when I lived in northern Minnesota, which is roughly the same climate, and that while it would get hot, the waters would still be too cool to swim. You can get a sunburn, though.

I'm not criticizing Mary's age or a pregnancy at a later date; it's just that they married later and the family seems complete. If they are going to have a third child, sooner would be better, especially for those of us who enjoy this family. The more, the merrier, in this case!

Thanks for the pictures iceflower
It looks a great place to take children.
Christian and Isabella look really cute, it is so nice to see them with bucket and spade, takes me back to my childhood. I like the way they always take the dog with, there is no doubt he is classed as part of the family.

Frederik as a student at Aarhus University.
Continuation of post #327.

I had a quick glance in the portrait book about Frederik.

It says (on pages 86-90) that he was in California, three years after leaving high school, picking wine grapes. He must have been around 21 at the time.

He then studied political science at Aarhus University. His parents had recommended that he attended two semesters. But he finished the whole course.
He also attended a few lectures in law. And he studied Plato, marxism and liberalism. (Presumably liberalism in the European difinition of the word).

Frederik said that he found the debates and opinions with the other students stimulating. Many where left wing but most were centre left (radicals) and as many had been working as volunteers abroad, they gave him a glimpse into an unknown world to him.

He enjoyed his stay in Århus because: "I felt very free in Århus. The city was hospitable and open and everybody recieved me incredibly well. I had a lot of peace (*) from the big duties that comes with being heir to the throne. I remember it as a very free and carefree time".

About some fellow students from Copenhagen:
"They had to go home every weekend and go to Cafe Victor and to cocktail parties. I wasn't attracted to that in the same way, I would just as much like to sit with a few (aquintances) in a roof-apartment (**) in Århus. That also meant that I got to learn to know a lot of people, got new inpressions and new friendships". (***)

His favourite cafes in Århus where: Jorden (****), Englen and Casablanca.

He wrote a special paper on the Baltic countries and how a political crisis there might develope.

He attended the lessons as far as possible, except for a number of Wednesdays, where he attended the State Council.

Frederik's senior lecturer, Erik Albæk, at the university describe Frederik as a hard working student, who instinctively understood politics, in contrast to other students, who knew the theories, but really didn't understand what politics is about. He understands the political game and he understands people.

He and his friend, Holger Foss, lived at a building next to Marselisborg, with two PET officers. And when they were cooking dinner, it happened that a hungry Frederik joined them. In return he organised a couple of bottles of wine from the wine cellar.

While in Århus, he also followed the antics of the local soccer team, AGF (*****) and he has been a fan of that team ever since.

About his time with Holger Foss in Århus: "That youth-life just suited two boys like us. Holger studied at Handelshøjskolen (Academy for Commerce) and also had his mates as i had mine. We were together in the evenings, going shopping and cooking (******). It was a good coupling. I knew Holger from childhood and it suited me fine that his military career ended at the same time as mine (*******) back then. I asked him whether he would like to live for free, in that way he saved that money and he agreed to that - and because we had fun together".

Frederik's senior lecturer from the university later become his mentor/councellor in many ways.

It is in this period that Frederik meets his later very close friend, Jeppe Handwerk, who in this period has completed the extremely demanding training as a Frogman.

Sometimes he went home to Amalienborg and spend some time with Joachim in their common flat there. It was at this time that their old (and beloved) nanny, Else Petersen, lost control with them.
He and Joachim sometimes climbed out onto the roof of Amalienborg and had a beer there. Else Petersen tried to prevent that by having the windows screwed shut. - To no avail of course.
They had outgrown their nanny for good now.

(*) It's no secret that Frederik had problems accepting the fact that he is destined to become king.

(**) Hardly a penthouse, but rather a small one or two room apartment on the top floor of an elderly building.

(***) The Copenhagener problem is still very much evident today. It is very difficult to get people living in Copenhagen to study elsewhere in the country.

(****) I've been there sometimes, but not in the same period as Frederik. I've never been particular fond of cafes but this one was pretty cosy.

(*****) AGF is one the soccer teams that consistently get a lot of coverage, simply because of the entertainment value! You never know what can happen at a match they attend.
They take the concept of beating their opponents litterally...
So, if they are not beating up their opponents, they beat up each other or some spectators and sometimes they actually kick the ball around.
During training they sometimes end up fighting and in their sparetime they often end up in brawls, which is their version of having fun.

(******) That is when he wasn't bumming food from the PET officers....

(*******) Frederik's career in the army. The airforce and navy came later.

I don't understand why she should not get pregnant again with getting closer now to her forties. It is not unusual nowadays that women get pregnant when they are even over forty. Would be nice to see another baby added to this family. We will have to wait and see :)

These children are changing so much with their looks. Christian isn't a toddler anymore he is a boy, and Isabella's hair is so light! They are both really growing up, fun to see what they will look like a year from now.

You're welcome! :flowers:

Here are some more pics of the family's day at the beach!

I think that on pic 10 CP Frederik is making a time-out "T" to let
the photographer(s) know that it's enough and that he/they should
leave after already having made several pics..

And pic 3 is really cute! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 ** Pic 11 ** Pic 12 **

Aw, c'mon, Miss Donaldson,.... havent you screamed "invasion of privacy", yet ?

He has two tattoos I believe.

That's surprising.
I know he's a human being, but I thought royals skin are supposed to be ink free.

I have not been so fortunate as to go to Denmark for vacation but would love to! I am just remembering my summers when I lived in northern Minnesota, which is roughly the same climate, and that while it would get hot, the waters would still be too cool to swim. You can get a sunburn, though.

I thought the water in Denmark would be really cold too. But it was around 66'F that day. Still sort of cool, but not freezing like I thought it would be. Even in California there are certain months out of the year when the ocean is cold. One could still swim, with or without a wetsuit, but a wetsuit would be preferred. CA has a hotter climate and I was surprised to hear that about Denmark.

That's surprising.
I know he's a human being, but I thought royals skin are supposed to be ink free.

Apparantly not. ;)

I believe several of the British royals, at least those who served in the navy, had tattoos as well.

And a Danish Princess, Marie, had tattoos as well. Can't remember who she was married to but she lived in the early 1900's. She died at an early age, in her 40's.
She came from France and she was by any account a lively and a somehat unorthodox woman, for her age. I.e. excentric.
Apart from sporting at least one tattoo, she was also fascinated by the firebrigade, and she was known to leave a dinner party if she heard the bells from the fire engines and follow them to where there was a fire.
There is a picture of her wearing a fireman's helmet and a dress, that was made to resemble a fireman's uniform. I believe she was made an honorary fireman.

Crown Prince Frederik's grandfather (farfar), Frederik IX had a lot of tattoos and considering himself a sailor, he flaunted them with pride.

His father, Christian X, was an armyman through and through, so he had none. No!

Frederik has a tattoo of a (somewhat fat) shark on his leg as a momento of his time in the Frogman Corps, and one from his journey with Sirius in Greenland. I guess he has one more from his time in the navy, not least his time onboard a patrol frigate off Greenland.

I guess it's a matter of taste, but I agree with you, tattoos ain't my cup of tea either.

Apparantly not. ;)

I believe several of the British royals, at least those who served in the navy, had tattoos as well.

And a Danish Princess, Marie, had tattoos as well. Can't remember who she was married to but she lived in the early 1900's. She died at an early age, in her 40's.
She came from France and she was by any account a lively and a somehat unorthodox woman, for her age. I.e. excentric.
Apart from sporting at least one tattoo, she was also fascinated by the firebrigade, and she was known to leave a dinner party if she heard the bells from the fire engines and follow them to where there was a fire.
There is a picture of her wearing a fireman's helmet and a dress, that was made to resemble a fireman's uniform. I believe she was made an honorary fireman.

Crown Prince Frederik's grandfather (farfar), Frederik IX had a lot of tattoos and considering himself a sailor, he flaunted them with pride.

His father, Christian X, was an armyman through and through, so he had none. No!

Frederik has a tattoo of a (somewhat fat) shark on his leg as a momento of his time in the Frogman Corps, and one from his journey with Sirius in Greenland. I guess he has one more from his time in the navy, not least his time onboard a patrol frigate off Greenland.

I guess it's a matter of taste, but I agree with you, tattoos ain't my cup of tea either.

I think it was prince Valdemar Princess Marie was married with and as far as i remember marie died when Valdemar was on a trip to the Virgien islands with one of their sons..

Yes, we know. But I don´t understand what the point is about calling her "Miss"...???

Aw, c'mon, Miss Donaldson,.... havent you screamed "invasion of privacy", yet ?

You really have something against Mary don't you.
1. She isn't Miss Donaldson anymore, she hasn't been a miss since 2004. She is Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark.
2. Why would she scream invasion of privacy? She's been a royal for 6 years, she knows how these things work.
3. The press in Denmark are not harrasing her, they are taking pictures of the Crown Princely Family, who are not often together.

Please, if you have nothing nice to say about the family, don't say it.

Please, if you have nothing nice to say about the family, don't say it.

this is a bit disappointing. this is a "forum", as its name indicates, and forums are spaces where people can express their opinions. opinions can be positive or negative. there is nothing in its rules saying that people have to say "nice things" to post in the forums. how absurd.

this is a bit disappointing. this is a "forum", as its name indicates, and forums are spaces where people can express their opinions. opinions can be positive or negative. there is nothing in its rules saying that people have to say "nice things" to post in the forums. how absurd.

The poster wasn't expressing her opinion on anything, they were just attacking Princess Mary in the way that she is supposedly suppose to throw a fit everytime the press comes near her.
In my opinion the comment isn't neccesary and adds nothing to the discussion about the General News of Frederik, Mary and the Family.
A negative opinion, would come in the form of the poster saying that Mary was doing something wrong by letting her children be photographed, that is not what the poster said.

Okay, time to move on and get back to the topic of this thread! Thanks!

I'm not criticizing Mary's age or a pregnancy at a later date; it's just that they married later and the family seems complete. If they are going to have a third child, sooner would be better, especially for those of us who enjoy this family. The more, the merrier, in this case!
I have to agree. There's nothing wrong with having children in your late 30's but I hope they don't wait too long. I would love to see some more little Mary's and Frederic's. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom