General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 5: December 2009 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
christian will be a great king someday .. with his charmng and sweet personality ..

More pictures. Its good seeing the kids in ski helmets, they look really cute.

In swizterland they must use helmets...that is an obligation for all skieers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure where to post this...But with Per Thornit's retirement, a new Chief-of-Royal Staff is being sought...I am hoping it will be Caroline Heering...a woman, who is young (relatively) and is in M&F's inner circle...Or is she totally the wrong candidate because she is too close to the couple, do you need an representative who is not so clouded by personal bias? It would be a great promotion and challenge for Caroline, and with Tanja Doky taking over the Hofdame role, the path is clear!

I thought Tanja is one of her Mary's Hofdame?

Not sure where to post this...But with Per Thornit's retirement, a new Chief-of-Royal Staff is being sought...I am hoping it will be Caroline Heering...a woman, who is young (relatively) and is in M&F's inner circle...Or is she totally the wrong candidate because she is too close to the couple, do you need an representative who is not so clouded by personal bias? It would be a great promotion and challenge for Caroline, and with Tanja Doky taking over the Hofdame role, the path is clear!

I thought Tanja is one of her Mary's Hofdame?

Yes Tanja is one of Mary's hofdames. Caroline and Tanja sort of share the royal. Caroline takes on a type of secretary royal.
Going from working with Mary and Frederik to being "Chief of Royal Staff" is a massive step. I'm sure Caroline is happy where she is.
And it would probably be someone who hasn't worked closely with any royal, before.

I'm not sure being in a secretarial/hofdame role would qualify Caroline to become Chief of Royal Staff. Good luck to her tho if she wants the promotion.

He has big shoes to fill but fortunately he is young like Fred which may be a good thing. ( He can grow old with Fred!)

Hardly a surprise it was someone like him. I.e. the administrative head of a ministry and a heavy, complicated and challenging ministry at that. The Ministry for Social Issues.
I notice he has also been a secretary for the Minister of Interior.

So from an administrative point of view he must be considered very competent. - And when Frederik will eventually become king, Christian Schönau will most likely be the next chief of court.

I also notice that CS has an informaly style in leadership. that he is fond of physical excersize and is of similar age as Frederik. Certainly not without significanse I'd say.

Per Thornit's successor has been appointed - Frederik og Mary får ny hofchef - TV 2 Nyhederne. 43 year old Christian Schønau is Frederik and Mary's new chief of the royal staff.

Billed Bladet this week has a small portrait of Christian Schønau (as they spell it). There is not much we didn't know already. But there is an interesting detail:
Until Christian Schønau takes over from 1. September it will be Caroline Heering who will take over the responsibilities Per Thornit had so far.

- I believe that is only fair and to some extent only natural as well. As a private secretary for Mary she would probably to a large extent have been in charge of the planning of events involving Mary anyway.
I think she will be second-in-command in the future, because as a Crown Princess, Mary is a high profile member of the DRF, even more high profile than Frederik.
When Mary become queen she will naturally have an even higher profile. Formally not higher than Frederik, but in reality? Who is it who gets the attention? The queens and princesses.
It's interesting to speculate whether Caroline Heering will just be the occasional substitute or whether she is being groomed as the second-in-command, just under the chief of court. - Or even, as has been suggested, a future chief of court? She still lacks experience in running such a big show. She'lll get some now.

Formally not higher than Frederik, but in reality? Who is it who gets the attention? The queens and princesses.

I think you are not wrong ;) Anyway I like the way Mary treats Frederik with deference in public.

:previous: I like it too! There is no element of "Look at Me!" in Princess Mary's engagements with Frederik. She defers to him as both a wife and his Princess. Give and take and a lot of respect. :flowers:

I too like how Mary is very respectful and modest in public. It makes me like her even more.

On Saturday, May 15, Crown Prince Frederik went hunting with
several other hunting horsemen in Tisvilde. Although it was windy
and rainy he obviuosly enjoyed it a lot. Crown Princess Mary and
the children drove with a horse-drawn carriage so that Isabella
and Christian were able to watch their father.

Here's the article from Billed-Bladet with pics:

** Kronprins Frederik til hest i silende regn **

They don't hunt anything.
In Denmark hunt horse riding is a kind of sport riding. Original it was a fox hunt, but that has been forbidden for many years.

It's cool how Frederick seems to be the only one riding a white horse!

Don't they use a substitute as a fox covered in a scent that the hounds follow. I think they did this in England some time ago to see if it could replace the real fox.

Frederick's horse is really beautiful!

He looks like he is really enjoying himself, but the weather looks miserable!!!

That's such a lovely pic of them on their horses. It looks really foggy.

Don't they use a substitute as a fox covered in a scent that the hounds follow. I think they did this in England some time ago to see if it could replace the real fox.

It sounds like fox hunting in the US, there is no fox and it's more sport ride.

On Saturday, May 15, Crown Prince Frederik went hunting with
several other hunting horsemen in Tisvilde. Although it was windy
and rainy he obviuosly enjoyed it a lot. Crown Princess Mary and
the children drove with a horse-drawn carriage so that Isabella
and Christian were able to watch their father.

Here's the article from Billed-Bladet with pics:

** Kronprins Frederik til hest i silende regn **

Pitty no pics of Mary & the kids. I wonder if Christian will start to learn how to ride soon.
Isnt this the first time we get pic's or see Fred hunting out with horses?

In that recent documentary we saw Christian learning to ride. It's the scene with Mary & Isabella talking about chocolate while Christian is on a horse with Frederik walking next to it.

Josette

In that recent documentary we saw Christian learning to ride. It's the scene with Mary & Isabella talking about chocolate while Christian is on a horse with Frederik walking next to it.

Josette
What documentary? What did I miss?:ermm:

What documentary? What did I miss?:ermm:

I believe it was the 7 part documentary about the Danish Royal Family that aired in March/April. This link should take you to the site. In the upper right hand corner, there are dates (14/4, 8/4, 1/4......) that take you back to each part.

Kongehuset indefra - dr.dk/DR1

I don't remember the particular scene referenced above, but I didn't watch all 7 parts in their entirety. Hope this helps! :flowers:

PS - Be patient as it takes the video 10-15 seconds to load (on my computer anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom