General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 4: July - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred was sailing in a competition with his father in Skagen at the time of the party.

Fred was sailing in a competition with his father in Skagen at the time of the party.

He wasn't actually. The party was on the 8th.
The Dragon Gold Cup finished on the 7th. Frederik came 6th overall. He would have been back in time for the party. :flowers:

He was officially opening the Bright Green Youth conference in Sonderburg at 19.25 on August 8th. It is in the calendar and also photos in the Crown Prince Frederick current events thread.

Apologies for the incorrect info and thanks for the correct info.

BT.dk has an article about Crown Prince Frederik and smoking. He talks about how he has quit smoking with the help of Mary. Many of his friends have also been able to successfully quit smoking. The article also talks about how everyone in the royal family is a smoker. There was a survey conducted of Danes by Gallup for BT. It found that of those surveyed, the majority feel that the smoking habits of the royal family are the business of the royal family, and not the public's concern.

O.k. at de kongelige ryger - Royale - BT.dk

Is Princess Mary a smoker? I didn't know that.

BT.dk has an article about Crown Prince Frederik and smoking. He talks about how he has quit smoking with the help of Mary. Many of his friends have also been able to successfully quit smoking. The article also talks about how everyone in the royal family is a smoker. There was a survey conducted of Danes by Gallup for BT. It found that of those surveyed, the majority feel that the smoking habits of the royal family are the business of the royal family, and not the public's concern.

O.k. at de kongelige ryger - Royale - BT.dk

Is Princess Mary a smoker? I didn't know that.

No she is not smoker and Prince Frederik quit smoking with her help.
I've read an article about this issue in forum but I can't find it now:ermm:

Thanks for explaining. I was very surprised.

The article states that, according to Frederick, Mary is a hard critic. It continues to state that she does not smoke, has a no-smoking policy, and this helped him quit the habit.

In my opinion, it would be wonderful for Joachim if he could stop smoking, and had Marie's support and good example to help him. However, she has been photographed smoking as well, during their honeymoon, so maybe this is unlikely to happen.

Does someone know what this article concerning Mary & Frederik is about??

http://www.billedbladet.dk/~/media/BilledBladet/Bladforsider/2009/BB34.ashx?as=true&w=445

The article talks about a birthday party that the CP couple attended. It was for Frederik's friend, Nader Mousavizadeh. Crown Prince Frederik has known his since they were in school at Oregaard Gymnasium. The party was held at Mikkelgaard in North Zealand. I think that the party was held last Saturday.

The article talks about a birthday party that the CP couple attended. It was for Frederik's friend, Nader Mousavizadeh. Crown Prince Frederik has known his since they were in school at Oregaard Gymnasium. The party was held at Mikkelgaard in North Zealand. I think that the party was held last Saturday.
OK thanks!!! but it's not the same party because Frederik didn't attend the "sex and the city" party and it was for the 35th birthday of a woman, friend of Mary and Frederik.

UPDATE: pictures and article on billed bladet

http://gramtrans.com/gt/url/result.php?pair=dan2eng&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billedbladet.dk%2FKongelige%2FArticleFolder%2F2009%2F8%2FKronprinsparret+til+40-aars+foedselsdagsfest.aspx

OK thanks!!! but it's not the same party because Frederik didn't attend the "sex and the city" party and it was for the 35th birthday of a woman, friend of Mary and Frederik.

UPDATE: pictures and article on billed bladet

Billed-Bladet - Frederik and Mary lent lustre over the friend's birthday

No, the Sex and the City party was last week. This one was more recent. Also, this one was a 40th birthday party for a school friend of Frederik's. The Sex and the City party was for the 35th birthday of Baroness Helle Reedz Thott.

No, the Sex and the City party was last week. This one was more recent. Also, this one was a 40th birthday party for a school friend of Frederik's. The Sex and the City party was for the 35th birthday of Baroness Helle Reedz Thott.
Sorry I made a mistake and I get your point now! I thought you were talking about the "sex and the city" party:lol:

No problem, Ccile! They have a very busy calendar, and I often have a difficult time keeping up with the photos.
Here are some more photos of the Crown Prince couple at the recent birthday:
Troonopvolgers!: Frederik en Mary bij verjaardag.
It says that the party was last Saturday, 15 August.

i am not sure if this is the right threat to ask but the restauration of thir new home-palace which cost a lot of money, who is paying for that?

There is a thread. The Amalienborg thread.

And in answer to your question, the state will being paying the costs of the renovations as Amlienborg is owned by the state. It is not a private residence and so it's upkeep is the responsibility of the government. Though the official home of the Danish Royal Family, it does not belong to them, rather, they require it's use during their lifetime.

There is a jewelry fair going on at the Bella Centre in Copenhagen through the weekend. One of the pieces on display will be the tiara worn by CP Mary during the gala for Prince Henrik's 75th birthday earlier this summer.
jp.dk - Marys diadem udstilles

The tiara is worth 1.5 million kroner, and is studded with 1340 diamonds. It is made from sterling silver and black gold.

There is a jewelry fair going on at the Bella Centre in Copenhagen through the weekend. One of the pieces on display will be the tiara worn by CP Mary during the gala for Prince Henrik's 75th birthday earlier this summer.

The tiara is worth 1.5 million kroner, and is studded with 1340 diamonds. It is made from sterling silver and black gold.
lucky her to use such a beautiful piece!

There is a thread. The Amalienborg thread.

And in answer to your question, the state will being paying the costs of the renovations as Amlienborg is owned by the state. It is not a private residence and so it's upkeep is the responsibility of the government. Though the official home of the Danish Royal Family, it does not belong to them, rather, they require it's use during their lifetime.
thank you dor your explanation, might be great not to have to worry about paying mortgage, gas, water or electricity!!!!! and live in such luxuty place!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you dor your explanation, might be great not to have to worry about paying mortgage, gas, water or electricity!!!!! and live in such luxuty place!!!!!!

Just because they are Frederick and Mary, and aren't paying the mortgage don't believe that's its free.

As I stated in another thread, everyone always thinks of the glamour of royal life and none of the realities. Yes, they wear nice clothes and BEAUTIFUL jewelery, travel the world, etc but they have no privacy, have to be happy and pleasant 24/7, are responsible to the people of Denmark (who can decide if they stay or go), etc.

Not to go totally off topic but royalty has it pluses and minuses.

That said, I think that Frederik and Mary are doing a great job. And I must make it my business to visit Denmark.

:previous:
It's stunning. Mary looked wonderful with it on.
And monarchy does have it pluses and minus. Mary and Frederik do such a wonderful job. :)

Billed Bladet has an article that talks about how Frederik and Mary help each other with their speeches:
Billed-Bladet - Frederik og Mary hjælper hinanden med talerne
This is an extension of the recent interview that Crown Prince Frederik gave to BT. It also talks about how Mary helped him to quit smoking. Perhaps the most interesting part of this article is that it lists 10 little things about the prince such as:
He loves to drink Sprite.
He wears a diver's watch from Citizen.
He gets together each year around Christmas time for a reunion dinner with his former classmates.
He took off all of his clothes at a pre-wedding party for his friend Peter Heering.

Last edited:
Billed Bladet has an article that talks about how Frederik and Mary help each other with their speeches:
This is an extension of the recent interview that Crown Prince Frederik gave to BT. It also talks about how Mary helped him to quit smoking. Perhaps the most interesting part of this article is that it lists 10 little things about the prince such as:
He gets together each year around Christmas time for a reunion dinner with his former classmates.
He took off all of his clothes at a pre-wedding party for his friend Peter Heering.

Hahahaha, how funny to imagine a naked prince Frederick dancing and jumping in the crowed of pre-wedding guests....hilarious.

I remember the stripping for Peters wedding. :flowers:
Have they not done the ten little things before now? I remember it?

:previous: I think so, lumutqueen. They tend to recycle things from previous articles and incorporate them into new articles from time to time. Not sure why they do this, but the top ten list is an example of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom