General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 3: November 2008 - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I would be less than happy having the paparazzi chasing me around when I was shopping for clothing or underwear. Every item she looked at or tried on would be listed in some rag the next day quoting the size and price of every item. It sort of takes the fun out of the tradition of post Christmas sales shopping. :glare:

I completely agree. Everything she selected or looked at was most likely dissected in the media. On the other hand, it is nice to hear that even crown princesses are interested in a good sale.;)

2009 New Year Court Banquet

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a question. I noticed that during the arrivals at the 2009 New Year Court banquet, Frederick exited the car closest to the building while Mary had to walk around the car to join her husband on the red carpet. The Queen and Marie both exited closest to the building. Does this mean anything?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a question. I noticed that during the arrivals at the 2009 New Year Court banquet, Frederick exited the car closest to the building while Mary had to walk around the car to join her husband on the red carpet. The Queen and Marie both exited closest to the building. Does this mean anything?
Normally the higher ranking person is seated on the right side of the car,

the Queen is higher ranking than Prince Hendrik
Prince Frederik higher ranking than his spouse

So my conclusion is that Prince Joachim did the "wrong" thing, but I find it nice and charming to do such a thing for you beloved wife.

Perhaps Joachim did this because Marie is pregnant?

I was just reading that Mary and frederick did the Bridge Climb in Sydney - are there any pictures?

No, this was a while ago. It was before Christian I think. I've seen pictures but I just can't remember where right now. It might have been on the CP Mary message board...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a link to an article about Frederik and Mary hanging out with Maria Montell, a singer.

Billed-Bladet - Mary og Frederik til fest hos Montell

Apparently, it was a birthday party. My translator isn't the greatest though. Maybe one of our Danish-speakers could provide more info.
It says that after the official opening Saturday night of the new concert hall by Jean Nouvel, Frederik and Mary continued to Maria Montell's 40th birthday party.
Maria Montell is a singer, now married to a Danish film director and they have two small children. She was Frederik's girl friend for a period and apparently they stayed in touch. Maria has said that she likes Mary a lot and finds her the perfect partner for Frederik.

I don't like to see in dark colours, black, brown, these kind of colours just don't suit her skin and hair colour!!! I love to see in her in white, red, blue, ligth green, rose. I love that white coat she has!

No, this was a while ago. It was before Christian I think. I've seen pictures but I just can't remember where right now. It might have been on the CP Mary message board...

You are slightly correct. It was at the [very] beginning of her pregnancy with Christian when Mary and Frederik went on an official visit to Australia, March 2005.

In one early interview Mary mentioned that her and Fred tended to speak to each other in English as that was the language they used when she met. However, in Australia I think she mentioned that Christian´s English wasn´t too good - this gave me the impression that Danish is now their family language. Does anyone know if this is true or if they´re delibrately bringing their children up bilingual?

In one early interview Mary mentioned that her and Fred tended to speak to each other in English as that was the language they used when she met. However, in Australia I think she mentioned that Christian´s English wasn´t too good - this gave me the impression that Danish is now their family language. Does anyone know if this is true or if they´re delibrately bringing their children up bilingual?

it would almost be a crime if he wasn't brought up bilingual. to speak a foreign language is always an advantage, even better when the parents are native speakers in different languages. i am sure both kids will grow up both fluent in danish, english and probably french. what mary maybe meant is that it takes time for children to speak a foreign language, christian is still very young and it happens often with kids being brought up billingually that they take longer to speak fluently as they have to learn to "coordinate".

:previous: yeah I would be surprised too and for sure for the kids to communicate with their Australian relatives they must be speaking English....but I wonder when it´s just Mary, Fred and the kids if they are speaking English or Danish together. I imagine in Christian´s daily life he´s speaking Danish, so his Danish is probably well-advanced but is this balanced by speaking English at home? Or is Mary so imersed in Danish life now that Danish is becoming her "first" language?

Don't forget that Christian is still a baby!You can communicate with a small kid when it is around 2 years old.How old is Christian now?3,5?Could it be possible to be fluent in another language before school?He has to be at least 5 to start communicating in English,even he is growing in a "billingual" family..

:previous: yeah I would be surprised too and for sure for the kids to communicate with their Australian relatives they must be speaking English....but I wonder when it´s just Mary, Fred and the kids if they are speaking English or Danish together. I imagine in Christian´s daily life he´s speaking Danish, so his Danish is probably well-advanced but is this balanced by speaking English at home? Or is Mary so imersed in Danish life now that Danish is becoming her "first" language?

not sure but the most logical thing would be mary (and her parents)speaking english with the kids as it's her native language. frederik ( and his parents) speaking danish or french what are his native languages. it will be quite a mix & match i guess but it can only be beneficial for the kids. growing up bilingually beats every language education /school later in life.

I think that it also depends on what language the nannies speak with the children. If Christian is mostly with Danish-speaking nannies during the day, then it makes a big difference. It could be that Danish is what Christian hears during the day, and English at night. I'm sure that he will be fluent in both languages by the time he starts school.

When was the last time Frederik and Mary visited London?

I was thinking, i've just noticed that the pairt are travelling back to New York this year and i cannot recall the last time Frecerik and Mary came to england?
Can someone help me out?

Thankyou.
x

Hi Lumutqueen!

I could be wrong, but I believe that the last time Frederik and Mary visited London was in November 2008 for the birthday celebrations for the Prince of Wales. I don't believe that they have been there since (but I could be wrong).

Yeah thats right.
I was wondering about when they went on an official visit??

Thankyou.
x

Frederik and Mary visited London for two days back in September 2004.

Mary was on an official visit to London 23-24 June 2008 (business and culture promotion tour) - but without Frederik.

thanks for the link. i'm looking forward to the US visit but chicago and omaha in march....brrrrr sounds cold, good thing they're used to cold weather. photos are great, she does seem to bloom and glow during pregnacy.

Thank you for the link!

It´d be wonderful another baby! I hope we have news soon...;)

Yes Stellad, that is what I understand from the translation into Spanish.Also they said that she is specially beautiful during the pregnancies, and publish a recent photo of Princess Mary and 32 photos from the last pregnancies.

Here we go with the pregnancy rumours again.

She was very beautiful during her pregnancies, and has produced two very beautiful children.

Some posts about the pregnancy rumours have been
deleted, please let us not speculate as long as there's
no official announcement of a pregnancy.

Thanks for your understanding,

Iceflower
Danish Forum Moderator

When will see princess Mary and children????
It will be in Verbier?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom