General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 2: February - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK those stories started in Scandinavian "fantasy" mags. :)
I know German mags are awful but - to be fair - it seems to me most of the time they are just repeating the nonsense that is written in other countries. I mean they are not the only ones writing "fantasy" stories. :lol:

That detail about Joachim being drunken is typical Se&Hoer if you ask me, they always presented Joachim as drunken and gay in the past. Well, it seems they dropped the "gay" part in the meantime. :D

A nice read. Never came to mind that Frederik is the better one in the kitchen :lol:

Princess Mary is no queen in the kitchen

Speaking about his courtship with Princess Mary, Prince Frederik has told how the two got to know each other by going on short trips around Australia... - Full Article

The Australian continues the Mary coverage with an account of the Trine Villemann book in its colour weekend magazine today. Just an extract of the English version which goes on sale in August. It has also been reported that Frederik will remain at the Beijing Olympics for longer than Mary, observing the yachting, and will join her in Tasmania at a later date, not specified. That may well be partly to protect the children from the smog in China - Tasmania is definitely a healthier place to be!

Both spanish magazines, ABC and Hola, tell of a long kiss in the mouth, not shown in images, relating the now famous photo. Had that been the case, there would be reasons for the Denmark Royal House worry about prince Joachim´s alcohol intake habits. :ermm:

Here is a poll conducted by Billed Bladet, asking whether Frederik will become King sooner rather than later. "Ja" is yes, "nej" is no :)

I have seen this poll and I am very chuffed. Even Billed-Bladet, the most loyal of royal magazines, has now caught on to the fact that we need to discuss our monarchy! Yuippieee! Disturbingly for Frederik more than 60 percent - the last time I looked - think Margrethe should stay on to modernize the monarchy instead of leaving the reigns to Frederik.

Disturbingly for Frederik more than 60 percent - the last time I looked - think Margrethe should stay on to modernize the monarchy instead of leaving the reigns to Frederik.

It's not disturbing at all, it's rather normal. Ask spanish people if they want Felipe instead of JC and they will tell you that they rather wish their King was immortal. I would have the same guess for Britain. Everywhere where the monarch has done a good job and has enjoyed a particulary long reign people don't want changes and they can't imagine the successor being as competent or even better. I completely agree with you that monarchy as an institution needs modernisation - probably in any monarchic country which will come down to the successor of the long term monarch - but I still see Frederik in a better position than The Prince of Wales with his vast tradition empire or to Prince Felipe who will face abolishment if he doesn't get his act together quickly. The only exception might be the Dutch where abdication and handing over is a common thing so people are not too afraid of change or know well that the CP is fit for reign and fully accepted and included in everything otherwise the monarch wouldn't pass on at that stage.

Can someone translate these tittles please?
"Marys veninde: smidt ud fra fest", from www.seoghoer.dk;
and
"Marys brudepige skandalost beruse" ,
"Mary slar verdensstjener" both from www.bt.dk

Thanks in advance.

Mary's friend thrown out of a party.
Mary's bridesmaid scandallously drunk.
Mary beats world famous stars.

I have seen this poll and I am very chuffed. Even Billed-Bladet, the most loyal of royal magazines, has now caught on to the fact that we need to discuss our monarchy! Yuippieee! Disturbingly for Frederik more than 60 percent - the last time I looked - think Margrethe should stay on to modernize the monarchy instead of leaving the reigns to Frederik.

I am not surprised. I have seen these types of polls in various publications for other royal families. Even in the United States, where we don't have a monarchy, we constantly have polls where people are asked to rate our leaders, and polls where people are asked about whom they think should become our next president. They are featured in publications that are seen as lower-class, as well as in publications that are of the highest caliber.

The interesting bit is that they are posing the question at all. Even the most loyal of royal magazines is now debating the who, when and why's of the Danish monarchy. It is great news for all us royalist, who believe in a more modern monarchy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Hedvig for your short answer.
You are welcome. Now I've skimmed through the articles, and they say that Amber Petty and some of her friends got drunk at a party at her workplace and obviously made some trouble. All the company was thrown out. The article about Mary says, she has beaten world famous stars in the Hello magazine's poll about the most elegant woman.

It's not disturbing at all, it's rather normal. Ask spanish people if they want Felipe instead of JC and they will tell you that they rather wish their King was immortal. I would have the same guess for Britain. Everywhere where the monarch has done a good job and has enjoyed a particulary long reign people don't want changes and they can't imagine the successor being as competent or even better. I completely agree with you that monarchy as an institution needs modernisation - probably in any monarchic country which will come down to the successor of the long term monarch - but I still see Frederik in a better position than The Prince of Wales with his vast tradition empire or to Prince Felipe who will face abolishment if he doesn't get his act together quickly. The only exception might be the Dutch where abdication and handing over is a common thing so people are not too afraid of change or know well that the CP is fit for reign and fully accepted and included in everything otherwise the monarch wouldn't pass on at that stage.

Excellent post! I would add Prince Phillipe of Belgium, who seems to be in a precarious position as a future King of the divided Flemish and Walloon factions.

I saw it. The show compared Fred's 72 engagement last year with Prince Charles' 370 ... which on the face of it is fair enough criticism. Is Frederik not able for some reason to fulfil more obligations? Or is he working hard every day that he doesn't have an engagement or a sailing duty, studying at affairs of state in readiness for the throne? The item was mainly critical of the DRF rather than Mary.
Oh, I might be responsible for that one, because I decied not to do Today Tonight but to go with A Current Affair instead - and now TT are :ohmy: getting their own back!

Oh please, why would a tv program in Australia want to get their own back, on regarding an interview with someone most Australians have never heard of . This of course is judging by my family, friends and work colleagues.
Both shows are classed as rather trashy viewing, if anyone wanted to be treated seriously they would not opt for either of them.

Oh please, why would a tv program in Australia want to get their own back, on regarding an interview with someone most Australians have never heard of . This of course is judging by my family, friends and work colleagues.
Both shows are classed as rather trashy viewing, if anyone wanted to be treated seriously they would not opt for either of them.

Excellent point :ROFLMAO:. Being seen on Sixty Minutes would hold a little more clout.

Disturbingly for Frederik more than 60 percent - the last time I looked - think Margrethe should stay on to modernize the monarchy instead of leaving the reigns to Frederik.

To be accurate - {removed personal comment - Empress} the question of the poll is: Should Frederik become king now? Should Margrethe leave the throne to her son now (meaning: abdicate)?
And the voters can choose either: yes, Frederik should become king now, or no, Margrethe should stay until the end of her life (which is the normal thing for a monarch in Denmark).

In a country which has no tradition of abdication IMO it's actually quite astonishing that 43% think Margrethe should abdicate and only 57% are for a lifelong reign. (results shown on 31 July)
IMHO it means that at least 43% of the voters of this poll actually think that Frederik would make such a good king that there is no need for his mother to reign till the end of her life. :)

And actually the article in BB mentions that Frederik and Mary are super-popular at the moment and the royal house could use that situation to give Frederik a "flying" start as a king. They say that Margrethe has done a great job and she modernized the monarchy. They ask their readers: Should she now retire like most Danes of her age do and leave it to her son to continue the work and modernization?

No, it's not about Margrethe modernizing the monarchy instead of leaving the reigns to Frederik, {removed personal comment} This article contradicts your points of view, it doesn't support them. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Duke of Marmalade, sgl, Gaia, ricard, take a bow. . . . :notworthy:. For your reasoned replies to those who fail to even read all the way through the articles they are posting to support their standpoints.:doh:
One of the first life-lessons I was taught was that it is often more of a lie to tell a half truth than to tell an outright lie. :whistling:

ps. To those others of like mind I missed - apologies. I am a little pressed for time. :flowers:

I think the report says that Prince Henrik has decided to give the Castle and wine industry in Cahors, France to Frederik as Joachim already owns a castle (Schalkenborg ? Spelling). Fred can either let the wine industry continue and they can use the castle as their summer home. something to that effect.

Stellad

I think the report says that Prince Henrik has decided to give the Castle and wine industry in Cahors, France to Frederik as Joachim already owns a castle (Schalkenborg ? Spelling). Fred can either let the wine industry continue and they can use the castle as their summer home. something to that effect.

Stellad

Do you know if the wine is available for purchase? What is their wine called?

The most common one is called "Château de Caïx", but there are also others like "Les Marches de Caïx", "Le Prince de Caïx" and "Les Cepages de Caïx".

The wines are sold at a danish supermarked called Irma and some wineshops. I don't know wheter it is possible to bye them anywhere else or outside Denmark.

Thank you, Lilla! I love wine, and I think it would be nice to try their wines. Maybe I can find it online.

If you do mannage to get this wine online, if is important to know that they are best served with spicy food and they have to be left open to oxidise for a rather long period of time (2 - 4 hours).

ninemsn.com.au

PRINCESS Mary has reportedly infuriated her adopted country by fraternising excessively with Australian athletes at the expense of the Danes.

Danes 'complain about Princess Mary'

Why on earth would the Danes issue a formal complaint to the Australian Olympic Committe chariman? One would think they'd seek counsel within their own Olympic administrative branch. What's Mr Coates to say?...lol. I mean really.

Though 'if' Mary did not visit the Danish olympians (she may have, I don't know), then I'd find that to be rather lax on the Crown Princely couples behalf. If I were a Danish, then I'd be unamused if my Crown Princess didn't come to see me and my fellow olympians whilst representing our country.

Has, or did, Princess Benedike make a visit?

Danes 'complain about Princess Mary'

Why on earth would the Danes issue a formal complaint to the Australian Olympic Committe chariman? One would think they'd seek counsel within their own Olympic administrative branch. What's Mr Coates to say?...lol. I mean really.

Though 'if' Mary did not visit the Danish olympians (she may have, I don't know), then I'd find that to be rather lax on the Crown Princely couples behalf. If I were a Danish, then I'd be unamused if my Crown Princess didn't come to see me and my fellow olympians whilst representing our country.

Has, or did, Princess Benedike make a visit?

Apparently this story has just been disproved by the Danish Olympians and they said it was all nonsense.

Thanks, Winnie..:)

(Given it's said to have been disproved, If the mods wish to remove these posts then that's fine by me)

I would never call a book "silly" unless I had actually read it! The reason "1015 Copenhagen K" is only sold from my official website is to cut out the middlemen and give the discount directly to the comsumers. Yes, I do believe CP Mary is sometimes out of touch with the Danes. I do wish, she would be less restrained and more relaxed - just like she has been these past few days in Beijing. :flowers:
I listened to your video in Australia and I've seen many videos of Frederik and Mary interacting with each other and the people of Denmark. I think you're trying to take credit for the changes that are already taking place in Denmark by suggesting they do exactly what they're doing now. How very clever! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom