General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 2: February - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it is not strange. The first gentleman that offered his coat to Mary was probably not Frederik.

frederik and mary are in london for wimbleton. this is taken in the evening, i suppose going out to dinner. those are fred's black shoes on the other side of the man (he's a restaurant honcho, i read on another board)

How are those Fred's shoes, if in the picture taken of him during the same evening has him wearing light pants? When clearly the man in the picture with Mary and the other man is wearing dark pants.....

What kind of coat is that? :ohmy: It looks so large on Mary.

She's wearing the jacket of the man she's walking with, for warmth, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. It looks like a man's coat, and it appears that it belongs to the man she is walking with (only a guess-the coat looks like it matches the clothes the man in the photo is wearing).

Umh, why is Mary wearing some other guy's jacket? Why didn't Frederik offer his first?

I think my husband would have been a little upset with me had I accepted his friend's jacket rather than ask for his.

Strange.:ohmy:

That's old Fred;). I think you have to be a tough cookie to be with him.

It´s about Crown Prince Frederik wish's to go to Afeganistan on military duty.

No it is not strange. The first gentleman that offered his coat to Mary was probably not Frederik.

Wouldn't you usually put it around your shoulders? Why hasn't Fred offered his jacket I wonder? Maybe he wasn't wearing one? I'm sure it's all innocent but it looks as though the guy in Mary's company thought it might all look suss without context! He isn't welcoming the attention, but Mary is handling it fine!

If Mary was only wearing a dress, perhaps Frederik didnt have a jacket with him? They could have been out later than planned or surprised by how cold it was or whatever...
To me, its no big deal

Last edited:
well I think it is very strange to see Mary wearing that man's jacket!!! Very very strange that a women like Mary manage to do something like that IN FRONT OF ALL PHOTOGRAHERS

I don't see what people are worried about. Mary is doing nothing wrong. Mary and Frederik are both there, as can be seen from the photos Paty posted. Even though they are not in the same photo frame, notice the photos are both of the same piece of road. If restauranteur Soren Jessen was closest to Mary when they all stepped into the cold night air, it would be natural to offer the Crown Princess his jacket. There is no reason to jump to odd conclusions.

Would someone be so kind to point out at the Spanish language board that Frederik and Mary are both there with Soren Jessen.
Here are both photos again, thanks to Paty.
Prince Fredrik and Princess Mary in London yesterday night.

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/1517/781152ac4e8cjx7.jpg
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/8940/781152bea3ecqo2.jpg
Photo by Rex Features/IBL

Also Prince Frederik was today at Winbledom waching the mach bewten Nadal and Schuettler

Last edited:

Frederik wants to go visiting the danish troops in Afghanistan. The public servants in the State Ministery has got a lot of reasons for why he should not do so. The Danish armed forces supports him. Personally I would like him to go.

Anyway, IMO Frederik going to Afghanistan is a lot more serious business then - what coat Mary wore - man or female - at a night in town.

Last edited:
Frederik wants to go visiting the danish troops in Afghanistan. The public servants in the State Ministery has got a lot of reasons for why he should not do so. The Danish armed forces supports him. Personally I would like him to go.

ditto. many royals go, felipe etc, harry even served there. why shouldn't frederik go for a visit? he knows what army service means and it would certainly boost the troops' morale.

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But what I do have to sometimes wonder is why people who don't seem to like Mary or what she does or wears, post on her threads. Maybe you should focus more on the Crown Princesses/Royal Families you do like.

P.S. There are threads where you can post about your opinion of Frederik and Mary. Perhaps it would be more suitable to comment there.
As I don't want to further this negative discussion, I will leave this matter here.

Sorry to pick this up again, but I have just read this now and am deeply disappointed about it. This is a forum about royals including all facets of royal life where everyone can and should express his or her views!

I find it quite unfair so say that those who criticise Mary must not like her or even must hate her. Indeed people can be critical on someone and, at the same time, can still love or admire this person. I read the posts on Princess Mary's threat, BECAUSE I do like her, consequently meaning that I am in the right threat, if I follow your advice. But that doesn't ultimately mean that I have to LOVE everything she does or does not or whatever.

Personally, I like ALL the discussions in the royal forums. I find it quite entertaining. As long as all views are respected and are expressed in a respectful way, I have not at all any problem with them. Quite the contrary, it is important for me to read what the members have to say - positive as well as negative - as it helps me broaden my own knowledge about the royals. So I hope that we all, as members, will continue our discussions without loosing our critical eyesight and by treating everyone’s opinion fair and openly.

Last edited:
I
Would someone be so kind to point out at the Spanish language board that Frederik is there with them.
Here are both photos again, thanks to Paty.

It might be best expressed as Soren was there with Frederik & Mary! :flowers:

ditto. many royals go, felipe etc, harry even served there. why shouldn't frederik go for a visit? he knows what army service means and it would certainly boost the troops' morale.

He should go and serve, not visit. Except, he's a Navy frogman, isn't he? And Afghanistan is a landlocked country!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
He should go and serve, not visit. Except, he's a Navy frogman, isn't he? And Afghanistan is a landlocked country!:rolleyes:

As heir to the throne he won't be allowed to serve in a war zone - no country would do something like that these days. A visit would be sufficient as some of his peers did (Felipe or William). Those members of RF who served were at least second in line (Harry or Andrew). So serving there could be a new challenge for Joachim but I doubt he'd be interested.

I spotted Mary as well in Harrods and indeed she is very attractive. I was quite suprised non of her lady in waitings where with her. Her body guards blended in very well with the people.

Mary was in a white printed blue skirt & a twin top sweater. Thought she was prettier than pictures & lovely skin.

Back on topic, are Frederik & Mary in town to watch the tennies match's? dont they attened them every year?

how interesting, TRF seemed to have (not only one, but two!) correspondants in the right place at the right time! i'm well impressed.

did anyone recognize mary appart from you? did she go by herself (and with the bodyguards)?

how interesting, TRF seemed to have (not only one, but two!) correspondants in the right place at the right time! i'm well impressed.

did anyone recognize mary appart from you? did she go by herself (and with the bodyguards)?

there wasnt a lot of people in the clothes department that mary and myself where in , but the people who where there didnt seemed to recongized her at all . she had 2 bodyguards who where standing away from her , giving her space, but Im sure if there had been trouble they would of been there straight away.
she was shopping by herself no friends or husband or lady in waiting.

Last edited:
OK, let's just settle for "he should at least be allowed to visit their troops". :whistling:

He shouldn't serve because he would be a target. No need to put himself and the troops in any danger. He should visit though.

there wasnt a lot of people in the clothes department that mary and myself where in , but the people who where there didnt seemed to recongized her at all . she had 2 bodyguards who where standing away from her , giving her space, but Im sure if there had been trouble they would of been there straight away.
she was shopping by herself no friends or husband or lady in waiting.

well, it's nice to know royals get a bit of space when they go abroad. what part were you shopping at? did she continue to any other zones appart from clothes?

I don't see any reason why he could not still serve, albeit, I would certainly not advocate his serving on the front lines, for the same reason that I did not advocate Harry openly doing it. They are high profile targets, who put not only themselves, but those around them, in danger just for being who they are. There is nothing that they can do about that, you are born who you are, and you can't change that.

Surely there must be other ways that he could serve. Although, I do understand that most soldiers want to make use of the training that they are given, he must have known that fighting on the front lines would be a very last option for him when he went through the training.

Surely there must be other ways that he could serve..

He could certainly do support work behind the lines ... somehow I think it is most unlikely - he would miss his sailing and I'm not sure Frederik has much of a track record in self-abnegation! :rolleyes:

He could certainly do support work behind the lines ... somehow I think it is most unlikely - he would miss his sailing and I'm not sure Frederik has much of a track record in self-abnegation! :rolleyes:

What a weird statement:question:

I am shallow, I know, but I am waiting for the pregnancy announcement so I can get to suggesting some appropriate and fabulous (according to me, anyway) names for Mary and Frederik to use...Mary is usually pregnant when she visits her family in Australia, I think because she wants to let them know personally and face-to-face...

today/tonight (a fairly tacky current affairs show in australia) was tonight advertising a section on tomorrow nights show about M & F . specifically that she is boring and he is lazy... (said something about a 42 week holiday??) ....

today/tonight (a fairly tacky current affairs show in australia) was tonight advertising a section on tomorrow nights show about M & F . specifically that she is boring and he is lazy... (said something about a 42 week holiday??) ....
Sounds like an awful show--similar to those we have in America--they must always find fault with people they are secretly jealous of -- mostly lies that trashy small minds want to believe -- seems to make them feel better that they themselves have such pitiful lives.:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom