General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 2: February - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only during their holidays, if there weren't summer holidays we would stay longer without photos. Sometimes we could get to see Frederick riding Christian to daycare but nowadays even that we don't get to see anymore :cool:
did he use to ride him himself to day care? well i presume with a lot of security in his back?when did this happen?

did he use to ride him himself to day care? well i presume with a lot of security in his back?when did this happen?

Yes he uses to ride him in his bike and Ziggy running along with them. I couldn't see any security around them (but maybe there was:ermm:), I found Fredensborg a quite safe and calm place. We had seen here quite some photos of this.

i've seen several photos of prince frederik (i'm sorry i can't provide the links) riding a (I think it's called a pedi-bike) with the lille prince in the front compartment, taking him to school. i'm sure security is there but in photos it seems to be just a dad taking his son to school. i'm not sure of dates but i'm pretty sure it was last school year, you might try christians thread or perhaps someone has a photobucket photo, they can share. i hope that answers your question ashelen, i know its frustrating when you've missed something and can't find the link.

Thank you bbb and biboqhinas! I had been there and it is true very quite ! well it is really nice to see that he is like any other father! just i would love to see the photos!!!!!!!

I agree with you Marg. Cr Prss Victoria as queen in her own right will have very different responsibilities to the others [as queen consorts] & be expected to have a family. Victoria has a great sense of style too. And hey I'm an aussie and I love our Mary, but Victoria deserved the win. Sorry Danes but you have to learn to share Mary, and we had her first.

Thank you bbb and biboqhinas! I had been there and it is true very quite ! well it is really nice to see that he is like any other father! just i would love to see the photos!!!!!!!

Hi If you go to the Danish Royal Watchers blog and click September 2007 in the Archives and go midway from the top there's a title under "Christian in box set for kindy" and there they have pictures of Frederik taking Christian to school in the "Christiania" bike.

Sorry for not providing a link as I'm not sure whether or not i'm allowed to link to it because I got in trouble last time from another board.:)

Epoch Times - Sculpture by the Sea Spreads its Wings

Rebecca Zipser, spokesperson for Sculpture by the Sea, says the idea came from Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary after they had attended the exhibition some years ago.
“They were so impressed that the prince talked to his private art tutor about getting something going in Denmark,” she told The Epoch Times.

This is a really interesting idea. The first sculpture that is shown is very beautiful. I can see why Frederik and Mary would be so interested with this. I am really curious about one thing though. The article stated that "Frederik talked to his private art tutor". What is a private art tutor? Is Frederik taking lessons in creating art, or art appreciation? Is this a person that consults Frederik regarding acquiring art?

This is a really interesting idea. The first sculpture that is shown is very beautiful. I can see why Frederik and Mary would be so interested with this. I am really curious about one thing though. The article stated that "Frederik talked to his private art tutor". What is a private art tutor? Is Frederik taking lessons in creating art, or art appreciation? Is this a person that consults Frederik regarding acquiring art?

I'm assuming its creating art. I seem to recall that the last round of pictures they released (for his 40th???) showed a picture that could be linked to this (the interest in art, not the article)

I'm assuming its creating art. I seem to recall that the last round of pictures they released (for his 40th???) showed a picture that could be linked to this (the interest in art, not the article)

Thank you, Marmi. I would definitely be interested in seeing any art that Frederik creates. I wonder what type of art he is being tutored in (painting, sculpture, etc)? He definitely has artistic ability in his genes. His mother is very talented.

Frederik, Mary and the children (and the Ziggmeister too :D) attend the annual Hubertus Hunt at the Dyrehaven, a park outside of Copenhagen, on November 2nd. This was the event that Princess Benedikte also attended, see her current events thread.

Article, with a picture of Frederik carrying Christian on his shoulders, can be found here.
And some broader info on the Hunt can be found here, via the Copenhagen Post.

ETA: Video of the event from TV2. Screencap of Frederik and Isabella.

(Thank you to the CPMMB for the information)

Last edited:
Thank you for the info JessRulz! I enjoyed reading about the tradition behind the hunt. It would be a lovely thing to be able to attend (especially since nothing is actually being killed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom