General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 12: August 2013 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who disagree or believe this marriage to be a "Eden" have my respect! I don't want to convince anybody! I'm baffled that I have to justify my point just because I don't see all good or as a fairytale! It's JUST my feeling... Might be completely wrong who knows! In my opinion Fred cheated on Mary several times because I simply think that! :). I won't trust him. (Not just because of the video). My view. My feeling, My take. Yo all disagree? Fine! No problem! But I won't agree with you and say that for me that couple is perfect just because in doing so I'm not going to be attacked! Hope is clear! Let's move on :)

Why do you think, that the posters who think he didn't cheat on her automatically think, that their marriage is eden/perfect? There is something in between...
No marriage, royal or "commoner" is perfect. I think most of us who have been married for a long time know that pretty well.

My point is that here someone can't disagree because other say that you have to justify your postion just because I think it differently! That's all

My point is that here someone can't disagree because other say that you have to justify your postion just because I think it differently! That's all

When posting your opinion on the internet surely you must expect that people might comment on it or question you about it. That doesn't mean we disrespect your opinion or that we'll force you to answer (but what is an opinion without justification, really) – that's just the way it is when you stress your opinion, whether online or in real life.

Fine. But iI dind't ask you or other to justify why they think Fred did not have affairs. It seems to me that here only positive remarks are tolerated . Otherwise everything is going to be analysed, criticized and questioned! And I don't struggle to desperately find a proof! It's my view from what I've seen basing on pics and videos and instict. Maybe it's silly but the world is not going to end! I repeat: move on

Last edited:
I think the only woman who has any influence on Fred is the Queen, she is one very strong woman and having to put up with Henri all these years, when they say *Love is Blind* I do think of her......lolololololo. I also don't buy that fairy tale marriage, that is only for the narrowed minded people that don't want to see reality and when you look at reality, then the bubble is bursting all over. People in general don't want to see that, my opinion! As for cheating, now how in the heck(nice word heh) does anyone expect someone to live with another person for decades and be faithful....not in today's world I don't see that happening. Yet I do believe that some royals do have a very good marriage so far: CC of Sweden, Spain and Netherlands, when these couples are together, I see sparks flying all over the place........their in love (now)(today), tomorrow is another story. Never hold your breath when it comes to life, just breath deeply and go with it.

There is no such thing as a fairy tale marriage except in fairy tales:flowers: However, I'm not sure where you get the impression that the reality for these two is that the "bubble is bursting all over." If someone can't see sparks flying between these two then perhaps they are the narrow minded ones. I also quibble with your opinion that a couple can't live together for decades and remain faithful. Many can't, but many, in fact do.

Why do you think, that the posters who think he didn't cheat on her automatically think, that their marriage is eden/perfect? There is something in between...
No marriage, royal or "commoner" is perfect. I think most of us who have been married for a long time know that pretty well.

Very excellent point.

In no way do I think their marriage is a "Fairy tale", no marriage is. All marriages or relationships have their ups and downs.
Has their been cheating?, no one knows for sure, but based on that one video, I would say NO.
I see a couple who yes are in love and get along well. with 4 happy children. of course there are issues that come up, but i think they have dealt with them

I also dont see them "selling" the fairtale image, not more than others anyway. They gave us some pictures for their 10th wedding anniversary, a special occasion, its logical. Frederik and Mary are actually one of the more conservative couples in the royal world, compared to others, they are least liking to be holding hands or on each other.
:flowers:

these two looks so darn in love... just the way always look at each other..click you through the poland tour and the photos, kiss and interview :)
and what on earth started all this..an article from ekstrabladet about a club closed years ago..come on..lets please move on :)

Last edited:
Considering that Danish magazine S&H has been seriously hurt by a tell-it-all-story and EB isn't too far away from S&H ethic-wise (I don't believe for a moment that this is a single case) I question the reason/motivation for EB to publish such a "thin" story (a man claims he could but won't shake the monarchy/politic landscape).
Besides being typical EB tactic (put something out but don't go into details and leave the rest to people's imagination) I wonder if this is meant as a threat in case EB should be taken under scrutiny as well or is it just "noise to show strength"?

SElizabeth
I also don't buy that fairy tale marriage, that is only for the narrowed minded people that don't want to see reality and when you look at reality, then the bubble is bursting all over. People in general don't want to see that, my opinion! As for cheating, now how in the heck(nice word heh) does anyone expect someone to live with another person for decades and be faithful....not in today's world I don't see that happening. Yet I do believe that some royals do have a very good marriage so far: CC of Sweden, Spain and Netherlands, when these couples are together, I see sparks flying all over the place........their in love (now)(today), tomorrow is another story.
Well, I hope nobody will ever call you narrow-minded and unwanting to see reality because you believe the CC of Sweden, Spain and Netherlands have very good marriages (with sparks flying). I don't share your impressions but that's probably because I am living in a bubble.

Last edited:
Considering that Danish magazine S&H has been seriously hurt by a tell-it-all-story and EB isn't too far away from S&H ethic-wise (I don't believe for a moment that this is a single case) I question the reason/motivation for EB to publish such a "thin" story (a man claims he could but won't shake the monarchy/politic landscape).
The reason? A 10th wedding anniversary of a popular crown prince couple.
I expected something like this, negative/sensational or something like that, from EB and/or S&H either just before, around or shortly after the anniversary.

Last edited:
But if I understood correctly this is not directed towards the CP couple alone.

:previous: It isn't, Ricarda

But in order to explain and also to answer your previous question I think it's necessary to go back to actual article: Ekstra Bladet - Dinesen: Jeg kan bringe monarkiet i fare

Ekstra Bladet is a republican newspaper. It is very critical towards the DRF, which is fair enough and sometimes needed in order to get a different perspective.
The problem is that EB has gone over the top, so to speak, in regards to that critisism. Not least because the majority of the most critical articles are written by Jan Körner, and he rarely misses an opportunity to lash out against the DRF, also in regards to topics that has only a limited relevance for the DRF.
On top of that he angles his articles and leave out important info, which means that his articles are unreliable and as such EB's coverage of the DRF has become unreliable. Because the agendy is clealy to discredit the DRF, not merely being critical. - To an extent in fact that even EB's own readers feel it's too much and say so. And since those who comment on EB are very much comparable to those who comment on Daily Mail, that says something IMO!
(That may also explain why there is no comments section to this article).

I this case Jan Körner use a statement from a person on trial for fraud to again lash out against the DRF, even though members of the DRF are only among those people within the Danish circles of politicians, celebs, jetsetters and so on, he claims he has embarrassing knowledge about.

I will post the last part of the article here in Danish as well as the translation, to give you an idea of the typical tactics used by the reporter Jan Körner:

Med kongehuset må Dinesen hentyde til mørke hemmeligheder om kronprins Frederik, som er den af de kongelige, der frekventerede natklubben flittigst, mens Joachim mest holdt sig til provinsdiskoteker.
Så tronfølgeren sidder formentlig på Amalienborg og glæder sig i sit stille sind over, at hans hemmeligheder er sikre hos den bedragerisigtede Dinesen.

- With the DRF, Dinesen must refer to dark secrets about Crown Prince Frederik, who is the one among the royals who most often frequented the night club, while Joachim mostly went to provincial discotheques. (*)
So the heir to the throne is probably sitting at Amalienborg and is quietly delighted that his secrets are safe with Dinesen who is charged with fraud.

(*) And a little advise. :p Never ever use the words "provincial" or "province" about the rest of Denmark, should you ever venture outside Copenhagen.
That's the equivalent of calling Australians, New Zealanders, Canadians etcetera "colonials".

Last edited:
Ekstra Bladet is a republican newspaper. It is very critical towards the DRF, which is fair enough and sometimes needed in order to get a different perspective.
The problem is that EB has gone over the top, so to speak, in regards to that critisism. Not least because the majority of the most critical articles are written by Jan Körner, and he rarely misses an opportunity to lash out against the DRF, also in regards to topics that has only a limited relevance for the DRF.
On top of that he angles his articles and leave out important info, which means that his articles are unreliable and as such EB's coverage of the DRF has become unreliable. Because the agendy is clealy to discredit the DRF, not merely being critical.

I this case Jan Körner use a statement from a person on trial for fraud to again lash out against the DRF, even though members of the DRF are only among those people within the Danish circles of politicians, celebs, jetsetters and so on, he claims he has embarrassing knowledge about.

- With the DRF, Dinesen must refer to dark secrets about Crown Prince Frederik, who is the one among the royals who most often frequented the night club, while Joachim mostly went to provincial discotheques. (*)
So the heir to the throne is probably sitting at Amalienborg and is quietly delighted that his secrets are safe with Dinesen who is charged with fraud.

Smart tactics: With articles like this, they don't actually need to have anything....

It's possible, that they have footage of Frederik having a few drinks or dancing. Or they might not have anything at all, but they don't really need to, do they?....Articles like this get a life of their own: There will be lots of people who are negative to the DRF and/or Frederik and Mary in particular, who will now be convinced, that Frederik has done this and that and all sorts of horrible things.

I bet, if EB printed an article, where they claimed, that Mary was in fact born a man, and had a sexchange operation, it would become a fact, if printed regularly two-three times a year...;)

Years and years ago, there was an article somewhere, where a S&H reporter was asked what their "dream" story/scoop would be. His answer was, that one would be, that Mary and Frederik were caught in the street, outside a disco in Skagen (or anywhere), arguing about something. This never happend, but I have seen this "dream story" referred to, as if it actually happend.

Last edited:
Thank you for the translation, Muhler.
I love the phrase "Dinesen must refer". So Dinesen didn't even tell them who he is referring to?
Sorry, but Joachim and both his wives have been seen partying in Copenhagen often enough. This "province" argument doesn't hold. (Not saying they have any dark secrets.)

So you think this is just EB's usual routine and has nothing to do with the current ongoings in the Danish media landscape?

So you think this is just EB's usual routine and has nothing to do with the current ongoings in the Danish media landscape?

I would say so, because no other media I'm aware of has bothered to write about this.

Okay, I think we owe the non-Danes members to mentioning that this article really hasn't been a big deal in DK. Danish members are welcome to correct me... but it was an article at eb.dk... and nothing more. It hasn't been spread to any other media and I actually think most Danes have forgotten about it. The comments below the article was shaking head over Mads Dinesen. This article has been blown up into something much bigger in this conversation :)

It's definitely an anniversary gift from Frederik - when the reporter asked, Mary smiled and said "maybe".
I'll just take that as a yes :wub:

:previous: So do I. Mary's smiling "It could very well be" is certainly the same as a 'yes' :blush:

The bracelet is composed of small medallions with pictures of Christian, Bella, Vincent and Josephine and F&M's joint monogram. The bracelet is designed by Danish goldsmith Ragnar R. Jørgensen.

Maybe Muhler can tell more from BB.

Last edited:
marys new bracelet with the cpc's joint monogramme and profiles of their four children. Possibly a anniversary gift from CP Frederik to CPss Mary ❤️

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.n...69_10152219089268198_770607930817169544_n.jpg
\

Thanks MaggieDenmaek! So pretty!! I must say that's not the most flattering picture of Mary's wrist but the bracelet is very pretty!!! There's something about silhouettes that is so romantic and traditional. Well-done Prince Frederick!! :twohearts: I wonder what Mary's gift to him was!

Lovely anniversary present. I like the bracelet, hope we get to see a better picture soon.

wonderful photos! this is truly a big gift to us from frederik&mary. i think i am dreaming..
it is impossible to pick a favorite .. but i do love these two :wub:

http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe...i/10-ars-bryllupsdag/10-ars-bryllupsdag-5.img

http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe.../10-ars-bryllupsdag/10-ars-bryllupsdag-16.img

It has taken me all this time, due to the fact that it is impossible not to look at her sweet face that in the family photo Josephine appears to be wearing the same pretty little dress that she wore at the family photo shoot last year.

To me the bracelet rather looks like one of Queen Margrethe's designs. I wonder if she had a hand in it? :)

:previous: It's actually a pretty good suggestion. You know, a little help from mother is always useful when it comes to jewelry. A thoughtful gift from Frederik.

This isn't directly about M&F and yet.

I've often written that DK use Mary a lot in promoting Danish products, not least to Australia.
However, it goes the other way. There is no doubt whatsoever that Danish/Australian interaction in all sorts of ways, has increased very considerably within the past ten years.
I'm not only talking about trade. The Danish export to Australia has certainly gone up! And to a lesser degree the other way around. (I haven't got the figures, but they are available on the Net).
It is difficult not to contribute at least of large part of that noticable increase in Australian-Danish relations, in comparison to other European countries (UK excluded of course), to the increased mutual awareness that resulted from the M&F wedding.

Here are two typical examples:

Zoos kæmper for tasmanske djævle uden klamme kræftsvulster | Videnskab.dk
The first is from Copenhagen Zoo. You may recalled that the zoo recieved Tasmanian Devils as a wedding present to M&F. They died and were replaced by other who have now had offspring, which has delighted the Australian counterpart, because there is an ongoing cancer epedemic among wild Devils, killing them off en masse.
It's Australia alone that decide where Tasmanian Devils can end up and Copenhagen Zoo is the only zoo outside Australia involved in the breeding programme aimed at restoring the stock of Tasmanian Devils.
- I think it's unlikely a Danish zoo would have been involved had it not been for M&F.

"Skruelåget er kommet for at blive" - Mad & Vin - Livsstil
Australian wines were among the first Australian product after the wedding to be genuinely noticed on the supermarket shelves. (They taste fine BTW, thank you very much!)
Here a sampling of Australian wines is being tested.
Other Australian products have quitely found their way to the shelves. Not so much agricultural products though.
And I'm afraid Vegemite has not gained a foothold here either. Haven't tasted it myself, but I was vehemently warned against trying...:p

On other leves there has been a very significant increase in mutual exchange and co-operation. Not least within reseach, but the universities have also seen a very marked increase of Australian exchange students.
- Again, DK may not have been a particular interesting choice for Australian students had it not been for awareness of M&F.

There is a constant, steady trickle of such articles like those above in the media.

The word Australia carried no negative connotations before Mary, and after Mary, as Australia's living and permanent high profile ambassador in DK, that brand, Australia, has simply become more positive in the eyes of the average Dane and Danish consumer.

- But what does my fellow Danes say? - Am I completely off the mark here? Or have you noticed something similar?

Last edited:
Mary betrayed as Fred caught out! : Woman's Day

I can easily believe the part of the story Fred clubbing, he's the type of person who will be partying, letting off steam etc when he wants, what I dont believe is that Mary is emarrassed or in tears about it, she will know by know who she married. Fred is not and will never be the type of man who can be put on a short leash by anyone, wife, children or position. Mary will have learned a long time ago that she will have to put up with Fred doing what he wants in that respect.

I can easily believe the part of the story Fred clubbing, he's the type of person who will be partying, letting off steam etc when he wants, what I dont believe is that Mary is emarrassed or in tears about it, she will know by know who she married. Fred is not and will never be the type of man who can be put on a short leash by anyone, wife, children or position. Mary will have learned a long time ago that she will have to put up with Fred doing what he wants in that respect.

"Short leash"? "Put up with"
Strange use of words. How do you know, that she "puts up with" anything?
What if she thinks it's perfectly normal, that the man goes out clubbing, partying once in a while with friends?

Like Mary herself said years ago: "Married but not joined by the hip"

Well why don't we start dissecting words into syllables and delve into the meaning of prefixes only because we don't like what another person posts.

I believe every married-in commoner will put up with anything it takes to remain in the comfort they have chosen to become adjusted to.

I would like to see the photos taken, but they are not online, at least not yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary knows by now that Fred is a hard person to live with, over the years we have seen Fred act out when he gets bored/antsy or whatever. She might get upset but it's not going to change Fred at all, she will just accept this in him and go on with her life and care for the children. After all someday she will be Queen Consort(?) of Denmark and that is something she will never give up.......mostly with Christian the heir.

I believe every married-in commoner will put up with anything it takes to remain in the comfort they have chosen to become adjusted to.

So very true.....regardless of what goes on in that marriage, Mary is one very strong determined woman who knows her own mind and what she wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary betrayed as Fred caught out! : Woman's Day

Fascinating article, but eeh, what frenzy?

I had a look at the main gossip mags:
Se & Hør - SE og HØR - Nothing, no frenzy either.
Kig Ind - KIG IND - Mode, glam og gossip. Til DIG fra Hollywood! - Nothing. The only frenzy is about Kim Kardashian.
Her og Nu - Nyheder og billeder om de kendte og kongelige - No, nothing.
Billed Bladet - Billed Bladet - No, main story is a gallery of Frederik on his birthday.
Royalista (DK) - Royalista - Alt, hvad du behøver om kongelige - Nothing.
BT - Nothing, it's all about the remarkable election yesterday.
Even Ekstra Bladet which is first to critizise Frederik has nothing.

- So could Women's Day have misunderstood something? Perhaps even made things up?
In any case, it happens that married people go to nightclubs with friends and leave the husband/wife at home.

Mary knows by now that Fred is a hard person to live with, over the years we have seen Fred act out when he gets bored/antsy or whatever. She might get upset but it's not going to change Fred at all, she will just accept this in him and go on with her life and care for the children. After all someday she will be Queen Consort(?) of Denmark and that is something she will never give up.......mostly with Christian the heir.

Yep, I agree. It's just the reality of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom