General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 12: August 2013 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we should expect anything official. A private party no doubt and perhaps a booklet or two and a documentary but that's it.

It will be another matter when they celebrate their copper anniversary in 2½ years from now.

cooper anniversary??

I think we got a nice family picture at the 5th anniversary, hopefully a nice recent family pic for their 10th;)

cooper anniversary??

I think we got a nice family picture at the 5th anniversary, hopefully a nice recent family pic for their 10th;)

Yes, 12½ years of marriage is called the Copper Anniversary here in DK and it's usually celebrated with a party. The next party after that is the Silver Anniversary, then Gold. Thats the traditional celebrations here in DK in regards to marriage.

:previous: Yep Polyesco :flowers:

Here's an article with more information.
Jubilæumsmedalje markerer kronprins Frederik og kronprinsesse... - Mønthuset Danmark

"The Royal Family and especially the Crown Prince Couple are very popular in Denmark. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's wedding got more than 100,000 people to show up in the streets of Copenhagen. We will pay tribute to their 10th anniversary with a little work of art in metal, a wedding medal with a suitable royal motive," says Ole Bjørn from Mønthuset Denmark.

I wonder if i can buy the coins outside Denmark, will they distribute it to Denmark Embasies all over the world?

I guess we can keep this under general news.

BB this weeks writes a little about M&F visiting Poland accompanied by a Danish trade delegation.

M&F will have their tenth anniversary while in Poland, but they seem to keep that low key, in accordance with Danish costum where the tenth anniversary is nothing special. (The 12½ anniversary, the Copper Anniversary, is traditionally celebrated).
However, the organiseres have more than hinted to BB that there will be a couple of "sweet surprises" at at dinner taking place in the evening of their weding day.
It is also speculated as to whether Frederik or perhaps Mary will say something during the dinner, like Frederik did back in 2012 in South Korea.

Mary told later on how they celebrated that partcular day, which must be very similar to what they will experience in Poland: "We celebrated by being together. We had a really festive evening and (we) had many good wishes. We found time for a toast and had a glass of champagne".

UK's "Daily Mail-Mail Online" Has Another Feature On CP Mary...

...after the photos and report of her own Maldives holiday a few weeks ago, the UK "Daily Mail-Mail Online" has another CP Mary story -"Queen of hearts!" - about the Lego visit.

I read somewhere that the "Daily Mail" is trying to gain a foothold in Australia - and anyone looking at their website over the last few months will have seen the jump in Oz stories.

CP Mary of course has a very high profile here in Australia - but a side-effect may be a higher UK profile, if this keeps up.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Let's be a bit romantic on this boring Monday evening :)
The photographer tells the story behind his spontaneous idea to photograph Frederik and Mary dancing together:

"We asked if the Prince would come and he really changed the whole mood of the shoot. There was just such a magic when they got together and she became really relaxed. We got this beautiful photo of the two of them together and after that everything was brilliant. They are... in love!"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.....0-9/1486543_244568125730611_1032813397_n.jpg

Last edited:
...after the photos and report of her own Maldives holiday a few weeks ago, the UK "Daily Mail-Mail Online" has another CP Mary story -"Queen of hearts!" - about the Lego visit.

I read somewhere that the "Daily Mail" is trying to gain a foothold in Australia - and anyone looking at their website over the last few months will have seen the jump in Oz stories.

CP Mary of course has a very high profile here in Australia - but a side-effect may be a higher UK profile, if this keeps up.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

I'm wondering what a "very high profile" means; what is it, please? And what's "of course"?

Oz has great scientists, writers, thinkers, brilliant individuals who have fought it hard in their lives in the outback to exist. As such, Mary is a very average person (whatever average may be) who hasn't excelled in her life any more than any other Aussie who went to school and got employment. Marrying a royal is not a personal achievement of any sort, unless royals are deemed fair game for gold-diggers.

Mary is someone written about in New Idea and the like, which is women's mags for escapism and day-dreaming while the readers are having their nails and hair done.

There is no "of course" about anything. Well, maybe the sun rising in the morning, but I'm not sure that's a taken in this war-faring world anymore either...

The photographer tells the story behind his spontaneous idea to photograph Frederik and Mary dancing together:

"We asked if the Prince would come and he really changed the whole mood of the shoot. There was just such a magic when they got together and she became really relaxed. We got this beautiful photo of the two of them together and after that everything was brilliant. They are... in love!"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.....0-9/1486543_244568125730611_1032813397_n.jpg

And I bet there was nothing spontaneous about it; he knew they were there to see Mary, and he went to see. Or he was instructed to do so.:)

I remember that photo form 10 years ago. And 10 years haven't changed my view about it; genuine love does not need or want advertising. It's a tacky, orchestrated picture to show "they are in love".

WHY would one have a need to have a picture like that taken? It's beyond me. To me, it's a tacky, publicity-seeking photo to say "look HOW MUCH we love each other"! And, in fact they are loving themselves.

Ah well. It was 10 years ago, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I bet there was nothing spontaneous about it; he knew they were there to see Mary, and he went to see. Or he was instructed to do so.:)

I remember that photo form 10 years ago. And 10 years haven't changed my view about it; genuine love does not need or want advertising. It's a tacky, orchestrated picture to show "they are in love".

WHY would one have a need to have a picture like that taken? It's beyond me. To me, it's a tacky, publicity-seeking photo to say "look HOW MUCH we love each other"! And, in fact they are loving themselves.

Ah well. It was 10 years ago, anyway.

I dont think they are trying to "advertize" anything. It was a sweet moment captured in film. the photos were in connection with their upcoming wedding and introducing Mary a bit. :flowers:

I find Mary and Frederik to be on the more conservite side in "showing their love" as oppose to Haakon and Mette-Marit for example, who I sometimes find a bit overwhelming in hanging on to Haakon at all times, even when he is talking to someone else at official events; or Victoria and Daniel, who are constantly holding hands ( I cringed a bit seeing Victoria kiss his hand)...but all couples have a different way of being together. ;)

most royals release these kinds of pics, in connection with a special event, so if this is tacky so are these :p:p
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/5481/vanityfair18wm.th.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ONMU14Dbi...s1600/999401_287315751405869_1807697666_n.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JiP5gn_rIac/TH_uYoxzlPI/AAAAAAAACIs/0oPI8fUhCeY/s400/V%C3%A5rt+br%C3%B6llop.jpg
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/227271/PRINCE-WILLIAM-KATE-MIDDLETON-OFFICIAL-ENGAGEMENT-.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...mKmK7nk73yPr8Ii0D4rxQLKdhOi2AyY7kakZX1-I8nzsb
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...O5n9Yoy9YxgaB1szphMG6ydIP_wx6PVnR5uJ8g3E0P2dw
http://royalweddings.hellomagazine....arl-lagerfeld/0-2-791/karl-lagerfeld-1--z.jpg
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
CP Mary's High Profile.

I'm wondering what a "very high profile" means; what is it, please? And what's "of course"?

Oz has great scientists, writers, thinkers, brilliant individuals who have fought it hard in their lives in the outback to exist. As such, Mary is a very average person (whatever average may be) who hasn't excelled in her life any more than any other Aussie who went to school and got employment. Marrying a royal is not a personal achievement of any sort, unless royals are deemed fair game for gold-diggers.

Mary is someone written about in New Idea and the like, which is women's mags for escapism and day-dreaming while the readers are having their nails and hair done.

There is no "of course" about antraliaything. Well, maybe the sun rising in the morning, but I'm not sure that's a taken in this war-faring world anymore either...

redtulip, Hi - a "very high profile" means CP Mary is known to the majority of Australians.

Princess Charlene, who does not have a very high profile in Australia, is not very well known.

All the other European Crown Princess and Queens have a zero profile in Australia and hence, are totally unknown here to the average person.

CP Mary's very high profile is why the women's magazines write about her so much.

Princess Charlene is hardly ever reported on, and the other Royal ladies aren't covered at all.

As the "Daily Mail-Mail Online" is trying to establish itself with an Australian audience/market, I think we will see more CP Mary stories - as she has "a very high profile" with us, their target customers.

Scientists, people in the outback, brilliant types, writers, thinkers etc., may - or may not - have high profiles with the rest of us. And may benefit, or be hindered by that.

I say "of course" because I always think, you're not famous - or have a "very high profile" - if my mother hasn't heard of you - and that isn't the case with CP Mary.

Best Wishes All, Sun Lion.

Last edited:
I don't think at all that all photos of couples in love or showing affection are tacky. "Tacky" as such means "in bad taste". Walking hand in hand is a lovely gesture, and there's nothing tacky about it.

I find the photo of Madeleine and Chris rather orchestrated. Engagement photos of couples are poses, and that's the way they are; they are family photos for the record.

The photo of Fred and Mary allegedly dancing looks very fake and orchestrated, and I find the thought of dancing in front of strangers for a photo-shoot to show how "much we're in love" repulsive.

The engagement photos of Fred and Mary are different; they are like the engagement photos of everyone else, for the family album.

But this "oh how we love", and the light shone on them and them allegedly dancing... tacky.

Hi Sun Lion, and thank you for your reply!

"High profile" is often something like "a high profile officer", and not "the officer has a high profile". I'm not trying to split hairs, just that a person does not "have a high profile" but a person, established/respected/highly thought of is a "high profile person".

One can say "a person has a high profile", which is very unusual, but it really doesn't mean anything other than he/she is well-known. And yes, Mary is well-known.

Another Tasmanian well-known in Oz is Martin Bryant.

Hi Sun Lion, and thank you for your reply!

"High profile" is often something like "a high profile officer", and not "the officer has a high profile". I'm not trying to split hairs, just that a person does not "have a high profile" but a person, established/respected/highly thought of is a "high profile person".

One can say "a person has a high profile", which is very unusual, but it really doesn't mean anything other than he/she is well-known. And yes, Mary is well-known.

Another Tasmanian well-known in Oz is Martin Bryant.

No worries redtulip.

Did you notice where CP Mary and CP Fredrik's time here last October was often referred to as a Royal Visit, but an official has said the upcoming trip by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge is to be referred to as a Royal Tour.

Our Royal Family "Tour" I guess, whereas other countries' Royals only get to "visit".

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Last edited:
That's actually weird, Sun Lion! - Went and googled things, and Charles and Diana in 1983 come up as tour and visit, as do the Queen's visits to Australia. Perhaps it's just the way the officials feel on that particular day! :)

M & F Can "Visit" Anytime...

...and W, C & PG can "Tour" as often as they wish - Oz will lap it all up.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

that is a stunning photo i have before notice that mary becomes very girly/relaxed when frederik is by her side..they are good together and i hope we got some new photo to their ten year anniversary :)

what i always find interesting is the australians always call frederik prince and mary for princess..i guess they dont are so familier with danish royal titles :)

I don't think at all that all photos of couples in love or showing affection are tacky. "Tacky" as such means "in bad taste". Walking hand in hand is a lovely gesture, and there's nothing tacky about it.

I find the photo of Madeleine and Chris rather orchestrated. Engagement photos of couples are poses, and that's the way they are; they are family photos for the record.

The photo of Fred and Mary allegedly dancing looks very fake and orchestrated, and I find the thought of dancing in front of strangers for a photo-shoot to show how "much we're in love" repulsive.

The engagement photos of Fred and Mary are different; they are like the engagement photos of everyone else, for the family album.

But this "oh how we love", and the light shone on them and them allegedly dancing... tacky.

agree to disagree then :flowers:

i find Nothing "repulsive" or "tacky" about this picture ;)

that is a stunning photo i have before notice that mary becomes very girly/relaxed when frederik is by her side..they are good together and i hope we got some new photo to their ten year anniversary :)

I agree. :flowers::flowers:
A nice family picture would be nice ;)

I saw this online, not sure if its true but it would be wonderful : )

"According to a Danish source, new pictures of Frederik and Mary will be released next month in honor of their 10th anniversary. Apparently photographers were recently seen entering and leaving the palace while Mary was supposedly spotted around Amalienborg wearing a gown and tiara while Frederik was wearing his uniform. The photos taken were apparently of the couple and another few with their kids. " :flowers:

"According to a Danish source, new pictures of Frederik and Mary will be released next month in honor of their 10th anniversary. Apparently photographers were recently seen entering and leaving the palace while Mary was supposedly spotted around Amalienborg wearing a gown and tiara while Frederik was wearing his uniform. The photos taken were apparently of the couple and another few with their kids. " :flowers:

i hope that source is true..new photos of the couple and family photos would be wonderful..

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if we didn't get something.

A new official photo of Frederik and Mary would be nice and perhaps the picture on Kongehuset could be updated, it is a really lovely photo but is several years old. A family photo with the four children is always welcome.

Thanks Polyesco.
Sounds very likely. I am, however, curious about to know what Danish source who has given this information. But as I said, new's official and family pictures sounds very likely. But it do, however, sounds about fun/weird if Mary and Frederik should had been spotted around Amalienborg wearing their gown and uniform. But maybe outdoor pictures :D

Last edited:
Thanks Polyesco.
Sounds very likely. I am, however, curious about to know what Danish source who has given this information. But as I said, new's official and family pictures sounds very likely. But it do, however, sounds about fun/weird if Mary and Frederik should had been spotted around Amalienborg wearing their gown and uniform. But maybe outdoor pictures :D

Let me see if I can find it again. But I dont think they put a source so maybe just wishful thinking :D

But I do hope we get some new pics. :flowers: The one on the DRF website of Mary and Frederik with Tiara and uniform are old. :)

The ones with Mary (and Marie) in blue gowns are from 2009 IIRC.
Still 5 years old. So it would be nice to have new ones and perhaps new portraits of the other DRF members as well.

Last edited:
The ones with Mary (and Marie) in blue gowns are from 2009 IIRC.
Still 5 years old. So it would be nice to have new ones and perhaps new portraits of the other DRF members as well.

And it would be great if the new ones were "real" instead of photo-shopped to death like the ones from 2004 and 2009.

I like real people just the way they are, and not an artificial wax cabinet. That's what Tussaud's for, isn't it.

And it would be great if the new ones were "real" instead of photo-shopped to death like the ones from 2004 and 2009.

I like real people just the way they are, and not an artificial wax cabinet. That's what Tussaud's for, isn't it.

Yes I guess they could be the trendsetters among their counterparts and be the first to have their official photos "real" as you say. But I am opting for the Danes to do exactly as the others. Love the photos of 2004 and 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom