General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 12: August 2013 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad way to start your Sunday morning
Good job Frederik!

and interesting titbit about Mary being voted as one of the most trustworthy Australians.

:ermm: No wonder I couldn't find him...
Ain't my fault, I blame to government... :p

Well...They are to blame for most things... ;)

You know, for someone who claims he's not as fit as last year, that is a pretty great time for someone not a professional/Olympic caliber Triathlete. Congratulations to HRH!!

And gerry, you aren't the only one hoping Fredrick & Mary come to Toronto in the Fall. I've already warned my Niece she might be having a visitor come then. :)

:previous: Yep.

And when he's interviewed after completing something he doesn't sound like he's out of breath.
Something quite a lot of athletes tend to - even though it's two hours later...

I found this poll from Australia about the must trustworthy persons: Sorry Clive Palmer but Aussies don't trust you | Northern Star

And Mary's comes in at number six, which I find remakable, considering she hasn't been to Australia lately. Also, it's an impressive company she has joined!

Very remarkable, Muhler.

Especially compared to that Australia have their own royal family. And is known to be a country with less interest in the royals (at least what I have understood). It actually makes me proud, she does it well, Mary! I think they're just genuine proud of how well their former countryman doing it here in Denmark. And as Frederik said in Poland last month - that there are two countries taking so much part in their joy only makes it better.

I think I'm maybe right about that Peter Heering completed the triathlon along with Frederik.

At this (pretty cool) selfie of Frederik and another runner you can see Caroline Heering in the background. Maybe the coming magazines have spotted Mary around too.

http://plimg.no.publicus.com/storyi...0&MaxH=420&Q=100&IsoModifiedDate=201406231453

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Nice to see Mary and Fred watching the tennis - they've been before in previous years. Think they went to the Aussie Open in the January of their engagement year

Thanks Iceflower. I remember F&M has visited Wimbledon before. Also think I have heard they like to compete with each other on the tennis courts at Gråsten Palace during the annual summer vacation. I actually think it was Princess Benedikte who told about it in a interview?

I can imagine they combine it with a dinner tonight in London before returning back home to the children. It was at least what husband and I would do :p

One more picture:
http://38.media.tumblr.com/5c7f5234e253a69e17baa7683ef47e66/tumblr_n7s8r12ARC1r6jme9o1_1280.png

Hope they both enjoyed watching the tennis,l know l did albeit from my TV screen at home.Never even noticed them when the cameras panned the Royal Box.

Sigh...Not jealous...

Okay, just a bit. ;). One day I'm going to get there and attend one of the days of the Fortnight. I hope.

Lucky them getting to see Rafa live.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous:

Nice pictures :)

Today is the children's last day at school before the annual summer holiday begin. I can see Frederik's last official event is tomorrow Saturday - thereafter it seems that Frederik and Mary begin their summer holiday with the children.

I can imagine they will start a week or two in a cottage in Tisvilde. Then maybe a week or two to a location abroad. And finally, maybe some days in Gråsten. The first week of August the family will go to Greenland with Dannebrog on an official family visit.

pics from today. Frederik and Christian Buchwald.
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/472/7/7472807-tennis-gbr-wimbledon.jpg
http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/archive/01100/Kronsprins_Frederi_1100411m.jpg

Frederik went to the match today of Caroline Wozniacki
http://www.bt.dk/tennis/kronprins-frederik-uddelte-roser-og-kindkys-godt-gaaet-caroline

Another article about Frederik at Caroline's match
Ekstra Bladet - Carolines bror: Kronprinsen fik hende til at fejle

"- We are happy for all the Danes who come and cheer for Caroline. But it is clear that we are especially proud of the support from the royal family. Especially for the Crown Prince, which of course gave Caroline a scholarship already, when she was 12 years old and is very interested in tennis.

- He is very open, relaxed and unpretentious. There is a positive energy around him, says Piotr Wozniacki, who also tennis wise was in a good mood."

so nice to hear how they speak of Frederik

Last edited by a moderator:
She's probably enjoyed yesterday with her husband and then flown back to the children this morning. It's the children's last day in school before the holiday. Remember, the flying time between London and Copenhagen is only one hour :)

Last edited:
I guess we can put this here: Overfaldsalarm på Amalienborg: Politiet tilkaldt | Nyhederne.tv2.dk

Sunday afternoon an assault alarm went of at Frederik VIII's mansion at Amalienborg. That is the home of M&F.
Fortunately it turned out to be a technical malfunction.
Just to make it clear: the alarm in question is nor a burglar/perimeter or intruder alarm, but an alarm used when a person is under or is in imminent danger of a personal attack.

As you can tell from the picture, police and guards were out in force.

UPDATE: There were around 100 tourists present when the alarm went off and they wittnessed the leader of the guards (presumably an NCO or the civilian custodian in charge of Amalienborg. What we in DK call a rådhusbetjent) enter the mansion with eight police officers. (Equivalent to one of the heavier armed and equipped police response patrols).
Three other police patrols were also on the scene.
After having secured the place it was determined after ten minutes that it was a malfunction.

Last edited:
:previous: We will hopefully never know.

I can't help wondering whether this was a realistic drill.
On a quiet uneventful Sunday afternoon, with the DRF (probably) safely out of the way at Fredensborg and no employees to spooke.
An assault alarm usually don't go off unless someone press something, in contrast to sensors which go off all the time.
If that's the case, fine. There is no such thing as "enough drills".

How scary. Mulher, is this an alarm to protect the royals in the house specifically of any intruders who may break in to attempt against them (as opposed to their possessions) rather than an alarm in case someone has an emergency (heart attack for example)?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The wording is "overfaldsalarm" = an alarm you carry on your person or that is close by and which you press when you are physically threatned or under attack.
I imagine the DRF have several such alarms placed descreetly in their homes.

There are basically three entrances to the individual mansions at Amalienborg. A primary and secondary gate, and when the DRF are in residence a sentry is placed in front of each of them.
Then there is the garden entrance. However the gardens have been covered by sensors for many years.
A (foreign) burglar scaled a garden wall at Amalienborg some 25 years ago, apparantly without knowing what the buildings was. He found himself litterally under several hundred kilos of guardsmen within minutes.

Also many years ago, there were a couple of instances where the guards fired warningshots at Fredensborg. (That was even before the guardsmen were issued radios). It never became clear what that was about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom