General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 11: January - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom and I saw the cover of a magazine, and we both said in unison "FALSE!" lol. :D (about Mary being pregnant)

Knowing someone who's had twins, I'd say that M&F have enough on their hands as it is :lol:

I dont believe it either and for sure not with twins again :) buuut i do have a litttle little hope for Mary being pregnant one last time, just because i love to see her pregnant, but no, i think they are done with four very active little ones :)

It must be big for them - and especially for Frederik - seeing the first Crown Prince of their generation ascend the throne. Seems very suiting for them to go, hadn't expected otherwise.

such great news:flowers:
they will def. be busy that week, Mary will be in New York from the 25th to 27th
and Frederik will be in Peru from the 24th to 28th

Great news indeed! I hope there will be more information on the New York visit, because I'd love to catch a glimpse of her for a second time.

Right now, on the Danish channel DR2 is sent half an hour summary of Frederik's and Mary's wedding.

If you would like to enjoy an evening with their beautiful and romantic wedding (and shed a tear together with Frederik) can you watch it live here: http://www.dr.dk/TV/live/dr2

Last edited:
And why did I write in another thread that it was a good guess that Isabella wished for spaghetti and meatsauce for her birthday?
Because of this article in BT: http://www.bt.dk/royale/kok-afsloerer-saadan-er-mary-og-frederik-helt-privat

Here Bente Grysbæk talks about how M&F are in private during their last visit to Australia where they lived in a cottage.
Bente Grysbæk is married to an Australian, has two kids and runs a restaurant in Melbourne. Before M&F's visit she was approached and asked whether she would like to cook and serve M&F during their stay in Tasmania in 2011.
She would and she was given free reins and served Danish, Spanish and Japanese food.

She says: "When I saw them in the morning I said goodmorning Your Royal Highness. But apart from that I just said: will the Crown Princess or the Crown Prince want.... that is I addressed them in third person. The children I simply called by first name, that was natural for me. And no one minded that".

Christian and Bella were frequent visitors to the kitchen helping with the filling on pizzas and Christian is pretty adept with a knife:
"At one time we were making smoothies, so I had prepared bananas and raspberries. But when I was about to cut a banana, Christian said: Oh, Bente, can I cut the banana because I'm really good with knife, he so much wanted to show me because I'm a cook. He was so sweet. And then he simply took the knife from me and cut".

Christmas was comming up, so Bente, Christian and Isabella were busy making cookies and treats and Christian hid it away so it wouldn't be eaten!

But Mary was also often in the kitchen, where she asked what was for dinner and how Bente cooked the various dishes. (*) Only when Japanese was served, were the children given a special menu of their own:
"When the Crown Princess learned that she called/shouted right away: Christian and Isabella, you are having spaghetti and meatsauce for dinner.
They were overjoyed, so that's probably not something they get very often".

Bente only served a genuine Danish smorgasboard once and that was when M&F had some Australian friends over. They liked it!

According to our cook, one of Frederik's favorite dishes is beef tataki.
Mary very much appreciated being served the Spanish dish Sevitsje, consisting of raw fish marinaded in lemon juice with red onions and tomatos.

(*) I guess we can deduce from this that it's also Mary who checks on the cooks at home.

Last edited:
Muhler, thank you so much for the info, just I would like to add that I belive Seviche is not from Spain but from Peru, it is a tipical dish from southamerica. and I must say I am impress Mary liks that! My brother's maid isfrom Peru and she cooks Seviche very often in his house!

:previous: Okay. Perhaps I should try cook it. It doesn't seem that difficult to make.
I must admit I've never heard about this dish before, and perhaps there are more variants?

SBS On Demand | TV and Online Video - Food Safari S4 Ep44 - Danish

Yay! This is the Danish edition of great Aussie food show FOOD SAFARI and Bente Grysbaek is the star of this episode...I have been to Restaurant Dansk in Denmark House in Melbourne, caught a glimpe of Ms. Bente...She is lovely...Now you all get to see and hear and experience what she cooks and imagine what it was like for the Crown Prince Family :)

hi all! i'm from guayaquil, ecaudor and ¨cebiche or ceviche¨ it's one of the most popular dishes.. it's usually made with seafood (fish, octupus, shrimp, etc) but there's also a vegetarian version with ¨palmitos¨(heart of palm).. the secret of the dish is to make it wth fresh ingredients and not overcook them.. there it a ecuadorian and a peruian version, the differente is the juices but both are deliciuos! here are two links so you can try them at home!

my favorite it's the shrimp one served with popcorn, plantain chips and a cold beer, and it's the perfect dish to recover from a hangover night

How to make perfect ceviche | Life and style | The Guardian (peruian)

Shrimp ceviche or Ceviche de Camaron | Latin Recipes (ecuadorian)

Thank you Muhler for your info. I must say I didn't imagine that on their vacation they will have a cook too. Didn't travel with them but theirsecretary or who ever take care of organizing their vacation made sure they would have a good cook and I really didn't think how would be them called but I wonder how you would feel if every morning somebody would address you in third person and calling you The Crown Princess what would want for breakfast?....... I guess is normal for them.......

Thank you Muhler for your info. I must say I didn't imagine that on their vacation they will have a cook too. Didn't travel with them but theirsecretary or who ever take care of organizing their vacation made sure they would have a good cook and I really didn't think how would be them called but I wonder how you would feel if every morning somebody would address you in third person and calling you The Crown Princess what would want for breakfast?....... I guess is normal for them.......

my thoughts exactly, it must be strange to address as "the crown prince/ss" in general but even more while on holiday in another different country... i also didn't know they would prefer a cook during holidays.

They didn't had a cook on their vacation in Tasmanien. I must correct the transalation a little bit. I read the article too and she was with them during their stay in Australia - not when they traveled to Tasmanien on their private vacation.

I have just found this article, someone who knows where it's from?

Crown Prince Frederik: happy to gain experience - News Summary R O Y A L B L O G. N L

It is an interview with Frederik where he talks about Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his resemblance to him as future king. He also talks about how happy he is that he (and Willem-Alexander too) were allowed to choose their wives by love.

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks, Roskilde. :) I stand corrected - but just to be clear:

The article says: ...Her (Bente's) heartily/close/warm interaction/togetherness with the family now provides a rare insight behind the royal facade, when Frederik, Mary and the four children went on their very own vacation in a private villa in the coastaltown of Sorrento, close to Melbourne in Australia....

- So not on Tasmania, admittedly, but nevertheless on a private holiday.

I certainly wouldn't mind a private chef when going on holiday, if I could afford it. And I happen to like cooking - and eating...
As for addressing them in third person and with their title. I would do that too, at least initially when I first see them in the morning or whenever. Then switch to formal you afterwards. (I.e. equivalent to maam or sir).
I wouldn't address them with their title and in third person most of the time, but it appears Bente hadn't been instructed in how to address them beforehand, judging from the way she addressed the children by their first names and learning that no one minded. So I guess she just did what she felt was natural and correct to her.

Last edited:
I have just found this article, someone who knows where it's from?

Crown Prince Frederik: happy to gain experience - News Summary R O Y A L B L O G. N L

It is an interview with Frederik where he talks about Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his resemblance to him as future king. He also talks about how happy he is that he (and Willem-Alexander too) were allowed to choose their wives by love.

nice short interview. thanks :flowers:
I like how Frederik said the time as crown prince is not of waiting but of preparation.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #17, 2013.
Flytningen er aflyst - The move has been cancelled.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

M&F will not be moving to Kancellihuset in Fredensborg this year.
Craftsmen have been working on Kancellihuset and it was expected they would move in after QMII's birthday, but that will not happen.
Lene Balleby says: "They will wait until next year".

The article speculates that the distance from Fredensborg to Tranegårds School may be a bit too long. (Not least durning rushhours).
Apart from that the large swimming pool in their garden needs a loving hand as well and the article suggest that M&F may not be that keen on having craftsmen running around just outside their windows. (Winter was long this year as you know).

- I personally believe it has much more to do with Fredenborg Park being in the last stages of renovation before the opening in September this year. There will be workers and machines all over the place busy putting the finishing touches on the park. And as Mary has very often been seen jogging in the park that may spoil some of the fun.

BT has an article about a security scare at Kancellihuset 1. May. Mystisk opkald: Politiet rykkede ud til Frederik og Marys hjem - Royale | www.bt.dk

At 19.29 the police reieved a call from the immediate-response phone from M&F's home in Kancellihuset. A phone that is only used when M&F need immediate help. No one said anything in the other end, despite the responding police officer's attempts to establish contact and then the phone was hung up.
While a patrol was dispatched the police called back without anyone answering the phone.
At 19.35 a patrol had reached Kancellihuset and a search was conducted without finding anything.

They still don't know what happened.

The police do not think it was a prank call but rather a technical error.

M&F are still living at Amalienborg, so they were nowhere near Kancellihuset.

------------

At present the Regent Couple live at Fredensborg and that means that there are guards posted around the palace and that PET officers are likely to be present as well.
I will presume that guards, as well as PET was on the scene along with the patrol.
It is also telling that apparantly only one patrol was dispatched. So I assume that palace-security was alerted as well and they would probably have suspected a burglary rather than any serious danger to any members of the DRF.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #19, 2013.
Mary og børnene på cykeltur - Mary and the children going biking.
Written by our pedalling reporter Casper Nielsen.

Actually it's more likely that Casper Nielsen has written the article based on the photographs by Birger Storm.
Anyway, last Sunday the weather was great and Mary took all four children on a ride along the waterfront next to Amalienborg.
In the front was Bella, wearing a Nutcase helmet and with a very concentrated look on her face. Behind came Mary on her Nihola bike with the twins crammed inside. They are getting big!
Vincent wearing a blue helmet that had slid back to the back on his head, while Josephine's helmet had slid almost down her forhead. But she did establish eyecontact with the photographer.
Equipped with a package of raisins each they enjoyed the ride.
Christian, being the responsible older brother, stayed next to Mary.

Judging from the pics there were lots of people around.

Mary wasn't the only mother out that day. The photographer spotted a duck and as the reporter puts it: - Not far from the royal peloton another proud mother was out showing her kids (well, ducklings) how to behave in the traffic. Without any comparison...

Last edited:
thank you very much mulher! :) it sounds like a lovely little sunday trip for Mary and all children. i will definitely go buy billede bladet later today to see the photos :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary has been very quite these days, her schedule pretty empty. Any reason for that?
Its good to see her out enjoying a day with the kids.

Muhler, were there any nannies or was it just Mary and the kids? (obviously pet officers were around as well)

:previous:there's probably 4 reasons for that:ROFLMAO:

but i dont see her schedule being any more empty than Mette-Marit for example or even Victoria:flowers:
(Mary also just came back from a trip to NY last week?)

:previous: There were no nannies, nor any PET officers to be seen in the pictures. Nor were they mentioned.

:previous: There were no nannies, nor any PET officers to be seen in the pictures. Nor were they mentioned.

I thought PET officers are always around?
Brave of Mary to go out with all 4 kids on bikes by herself :flowers:
Im sure Frederik was getting lunch ready?:D

:previous:there's probably 4 reasons for that:ROFLMAO:

but i dont see her schedule being any more empty than Mette-Marit for example or even Victoria:flowers:
(Mary also just came back from a trip to NY last week?)

I wasn't comparing and it has nothing to do with other royals IMO ;). She was in New York about 10 days ago and in The Netherlands last week.

I thought they worked 24hrs protecting the family and out with them. Could they have been around but quite blended in? I cannot imagine the royals especially the CP family out without protection.

:previous: Oh, I'm sure there were PET officers around. They not doubt stayed out of the pictures on purpose, because both Mary and the children were very much aware of the photographer and Mary obviously didn't mind, judging from her facial expression.
But they were not mentioned in the article.

Jon Bloch Skipper, the DRF expert, has claimed in a Q&A that it happens that M&F don't have PET officers around and also that he has a pretty good idea at when that happens, but he naturally wouldn't say.

That is also something I won't speculate about here, but in regards to the children I'm very certain that M&F will take no chances. I'm convinced the children have 24/7 protection.

Last edited:
Last edited:
lovely to see:previous::flowers:
hopefully they were left alone after the pics:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom