General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 11: January - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Frederik is acting as Regent where is QMII?

She usually takes her winter holidays in Norway.
But since she has pains in the back I don't know if she does this year.

She usually takes her winter holidays in Norway.
Prins Henrik om svækket Margrethe: Hun slapper af uden sin mand - Royale | www.bt.dk
According to this BT article Queen Margrethe is indeed holidaying in Norway, in Gausdal (without her husband). From 15-17 Feb she was in Nice/Eze in the South of France, visiting friends (together with her husband).

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-64975118:tv-christian-og-isabella-med-far-i-byen.html
On Sunday Frederik and Christian and Isabella attended a Cirque du Soleil performance ("Alegria") in Copenhagen.

Last edited:
:previous:

Thanks for sharing your finding, polyesco! The pics actually aren't as small as mentioned - when you click on them you'll get a much larger version. :flowers:

A random, little story:

A crew from TV2 Sporten were out interviewing a lawyer for a segment about matchfixing today. While they were setting up, Frederik and Mary came walking by in front of the camera. It appears they were out for a walk, without any of their normal bodyguards or PET officers with them.

TV2 has a small clip: TV 2 GO' | Fornøjelse - Frederik og Mary gik pludselig ind foran kameraet

It seems the cameraman didn't realise anything. At the end of the clip you can hear the journalist asking him "Did you see them? Did you get them on camera?", to which he confusedly says "What?" and the journalist excitedly tells him it was the crown prince and crown princess.

A random, little story:

A crew from TV2 Sporten were out interviewing a lawyer for a segment about matchfixing today. While they were setting up, Frederik and Mary came walking by in front of the camera. It appears they were out for a walk, without any of their normal bodyguards or PET officers with them.

TV2 has a small clip: TV 2 GO' | Fornøjelse - Frederik og Mary gik pludselig ind foran kameraet

It seems the cameraman didn't realise anything. At the end of the clip you can hear the journalist asking him "Did you see them? Did you get them on camera?", to which he confusedly says "What?" and the journalist excitedly tells him it was the crown prince and crown princess.

Thats quite a funny story actually but sweet.
I doubt that the couple are out without any protection/PET officers. I would assume that they went round the camera men or watch from a distance that they aren't noticeable. Thank you for the clip.

Are you sure it was today? I believe Mary is in The Netherlands for the "Crown Princes Club" party hosted by WA & Maxima today.

Mary is in the Netherlands ... Sure that this interview was done before

It was probably taped some days ago.

I love it. I've casually bumped into them myself before, and I think it's so nice to see them out and be able to walk about without having to be followed closely by PET agents constantly, the times I've "met" them (except for once), the PET agents have been following from a distance though (they try to conceal themselves, yet they're very noticeable).

A random, little story:

Love it! It's really funny and a quite sweet episode (the article has also been TV2's 'most read article' in over 15 hours now) It could have been any couple who came walking by in front of the camera, but then it was none other than Mary and Frederik out for a walk :ROFLMAO:

I've said it before, but I love that Frederik and Mary is so much round and about in Copenhagen. I think they do a lot to live as normally as possible. And it's great to see that their bodyguards remain at a safe distance, so even the journalists don't recognize them. At least, not at first sight ;)

I can here tonight read on my Facebook wall that a friend of mine was visited by Mary, Josephine and Vincent at her office today. Little Vincent and Josephine should have renewed their passports :flowers:

Last edited:
I can here tonight read on my Facebook wall that a friend of mine was visited by Mary, Josephine and Vincent at her office today. Little Vincent and Josephine should have renewed their passports :flowers:

so no client confidentiality then?

If they were going to a public place (however, I very much doubt this) to get the passports renewed, I don't think there's much confidentiality really. In Denmark (or, I can only speak for Copenhagen), we go to either the city hall or "borgerservice" (rough translation: "citizen's service") to get new passports or to have old passport renewed, and I wouldn't say there's much privacy over that. But again, they probably didn't go to where us "regular" people go to.

thanks for the little story :flowers:
in the U.S. to renew a passport for children, i believe both parents have to go to the office.

Perhaps they're going to Chile with Mary and Frederik?

Chile is this Sunday already, would they be able to renew their passports so quickly

Last edited by a moderator:
Chile is this Sunday already, would they be able to renew their passports so quickly

They're royals, I don't see why not, I guess they have special privileges. I took me a week to get my new passport last summer, I bet they'd be able to speed things up for Mary and Frederik.

Last edited:
City Hall employees - if that is the case - should definitely not be talking about what citizens of their town/country are doing.

They're royals, I don't see why not, I guess they have special privileges. I took me a week to get my new passport last summer, I bet they'd be able to speed things up for Mary and Frederik.

only a week, wow thats quick for a new passport:flowers:

Maybe they will take Vincent and Josephine, since its a week long visit, but then again they didnt for Brazil...
have they taken Christian and Isabella before on official visits?

Maybe they will take Vincent and Josephine, since its a week long visit, but then again they didnt for Brazil...

Isabella went to New York as a baby as Mary was still breast feeding.

City Hall employees - if that is the case - should definitely not be talking about what citizens of their town/country are doing.

Agreed, but I know that should Mary walk through either the local borgerservice or the City Hall in my part of Copenhagen, it would come out anyway. However, I do agree that the employees in such places shouldn't share private information about anyone outside either places.

Yeah it's pretty fast. The maximum length is fourteen days, but I guess they weren't too busy when I had mine renewed.

Only when they were little and Mary still was nursing them, I believe. So I guess they're just in good time for the summer holidays (you do not wanna renew your passport from June-August, it'll take you forever to just get a spot in the line to get it renewed).

I believe in my country, asking for a urgent passport will take 5 days max. but you will pay double!

I have a feeling that Mary has an "in" with the powers that be! :)

Perhaps they're going to Chile with Mary and Frederik?

My thought too. But on the other hand, it is a very long flight for such two small sizes and Mary and Frederik will guaranteed be busy with duties from morning to evening every day. But who knows, I guess we have to wait and see in about 4 days :)

Could it be they are getting their passports? Some kids stay on their mothers passports for a year or two but not sure if this method still exists. Even if they are there to get or renew their passports, doesn't mean they will accompany their parents. The couple went to Brazil and didn't take their kids.

may be they need the passports for Australia to go some time in the year? whenthey are comming back from Chile?

I normally never read the Danish magazine SeogHør. But in my winter vacation, I read the week's magazine, when my mother in law often read it.
I came across the magazine's annual big vote. It is a vote in which the magazine's readers voted on this Danish woman who they think is the most lovely/the most beautiful woman in Denmark. Yes, our Mary is very popular and she is always at the top of our polls, so nothing shocking there. But I had actually not expected that the readers of SeogHør would vote Mary so high on their list. Seoghør is always very critical of the royals and uses every opportunity to criticize them all they can. But apparently, the readers of SeogHør loves Mary anyway and it gives me a little smile on my lips as I think the magazine's criticism of the royal family are often a bit out of proportion :cool:

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/398882_458181764253593_255334833_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom