General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 11: January - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, like-''who's the royal? I am! you got something to say about it?'' don't know if it's born or bred but even the kids have :)

:ermm: . . . . Fred, you are Mary's best and most favoured accessory, but how on earth do you manage to go from this:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2nqy5ud.jpg

to this

http://www.sn.dk/modules/xphoto/cache/30/460030_700_415_0_0_0_0_2.jpg

Good grief, he looks like an unmade bed that the kids have jumped all over! :eek:

And at the Ballet no less! What happened? :ROFLMAO:

Mary looks pretty happy with this version of Fred....its an Aussie thing we like our men to pull off rugged every now and then :lol:

I like that Fred remains the way he is, doesnt act out, wears weird things from time to time (but so do Joachim or Henrik), imo he doesnt pull off the Ari-Behn-look or Kennedy hair but still, he seems relaxed.
For me its Mary who is usually trying too hard with some exaggerated facial expressions, at the few events she shares with Fred now, as if trying to say, look, we are still living the fairytale.

Those two are always cute together. They seemed to have a blast. (and even to a ballet :D which I find indescribably boring, I'm sorry)

IIRC Frederik has in an interview said (maybe in the book published at his 40th birthday?) that one of many things he and Mary have together is that they always laugh a lot together. And Mary that they share the same sense of humor (she said "black humor" in Danish, but don't know if that term exists in English? = 'black humor' is that sense of humor that is so stupid that you can't help but laugh)

Mary looks pretty happy with this version of Fred....its an Aussie thing we like our men to pull off rugged every now and then :lol:

So there must to be a little Aussie in me too :p "Wild men" is just... great!

Last edited:
Saturday morning at dawn, and before leaving for Norway for the birthday party of Haakon, Frederik was seen jogging in the streets of Copenhagen.

:wub:Frederik fait son jogging

:ermm: . . . . Fred, you are Mary's best and most favoured accessory, but how on earth do you manage to go from this:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2nqy5ud.jpg

to this

http://www.sn.dk/modules/xphoto/cache/30/460030_700_415_0_0_0_0_2.jpg

Good grief, he looks like an unmade bed that the kids have jumped all over! :eek:

And at the Ballet no less! What happened? :ROFLMAO:

Tee hee hee - one can only assume just before he left, the kids did jump all over him!
I adore Frederik and all his appearances. I think it is great that can look suave and sophisticated in a dinner jacked, with his hair slicked back like James Bond and then look abit scruffy around the edges with no hair gel and then look all sporty and cool-guy while he jogs around Copenhagen.
I love his choice of clothes too and have a similar colour pair of trousers that I wear with grey suede shoes - he's an inspiration.
I also think he is the coolest amongst the other princes, whose dress is more conservative.
There are many facets to Frederik that make him an interesting guy.

^^^^^Well said Jacknch...Fred dresses with character and flair and bravery...I mean, it gives people something to talk about...I would rather he dress like this than some of the over-stylised on-trend metrosexual wankers that we see in the public eye...Viva la difference!

Sorry for my absence, I required three days of therapy after seeing Frederik orange trousers...

BB this week offers no explanation as to why Frederik wore this... novelty garment, I can only presume the reporter is still committed.
There were 700 present, who enjoyed the... spectacle and the ballet in the lovely summer evening.

I fear we must put the blame for Frederik's orange warning beacons on Mary.
It is an example of what we in DK know as wife-humour.

It is no secret that married men after surprisingly few years leave every decision regarding their clothing to their wives and I have time and time again observed otherwise sane middle aged men wearing the most outrageous outfits in public.
The explanation dawned on me a couple of years ago: Wives compete with each other about the most peculiar outfits they can persuade their husbands to wear - and then they send them out in public, so that other wives can enjoy and assess the result.
So when Mary was done rolling on the floor laughing she texted all her friends: "Look what I made mine wear. - Top that one"!

The husbands rarely notice, because the other husbands wear something similar...
I remember with trepidation the light red trousers our Marie managed to persuade Joachim to wear recently.:eek:

Last edited:
So when Mary was done rolling on the floor laughing she texted all her friends: "Look what I made mine wear. - Top that one"!

I remember with trepidation the light red trousers our Marie managed to persuade Joachim to wear recently.:eek:

It has been topped...
Light red????:ROFLMAO: That's pink Muhler :whistling:.

Sorry for my absence, I required three days of therapy after seeing Frederik orange trousers...

BB this week offers no explanation as to why Frederik wore this... novelty garment, I can only presume the reporter is still committed.
There were 700 present, who enjoyed the... spectacle and the ballet in the lovely summer evening.

I fear we must put the blame for Frederik's orange warning beacons on Mary.
It is an example of what we in DK know as wife-humour.

It is no secret that married men after surprisingly few years leave every decision regarding their clothing to their wives and I have time and time again observed otherwise sane middle aged men wearing the most outrageous outfits in public.
The explanation dawned on me a couple of years ago: Wives compete with each other about the most peculiar outfits they can persuade their husbands to wear - and then they send them out in public, so that other wives can enjoy and assess the result.

The husbands rarely notice, because the other husbands wear something similar...
Don't do that Muhler! Here was I happily drinking my tea when I read this . . . . back now! Oh well, my laptop was overdue for a clean down. It could have been much worse . . . I could have been drinking Merlot!!

:ermm: Is this the voice of experience I hear? If so, what colour trousers did you get to wear? And did your better half take photos for posterity?

I admire the way you support and sympathise with Fred. It takes a real man to stand up and be counted! :ROFLMAO:

It has been topped...
Light red????:ROFLMAO: That's pink Muhler :whistling:.

They were reddish, Nordic. Reddish.

Don't do that Muhler! Here was I happily drinking my tea when I read this . . . . back now! Oh well, my laptop was overdue for a clean down. It could have been much worse . . . I could have been drinking Merlot!!

:ermm: Is this the voice of experience I hear? If so, what colour trousers did you get to wear? And did your better half take photos for posterity?

I admire the way you support and sympathise with Fred. It takes a real man to stand up and be counted! :ROFLMAO:

Well, as a matter of fact I did actually wear bright red trousers every day years before Frederik. - At work. And because it was hot we often cut off the legs. That combined with winter-pale hairy legs was a sight that on more than one occasion cured women from any thought of men for about a month...
And yes, Mrs. Muhler did take pictures.:photo:

Women are so much more refined than men, because this is really a kind of payback. I'm convinced Frederik a couple of years ago absentmindedly answered truthfully to the dreaded question: "Do you think my behind looks big in this dress"? :hornets: Result: He is now wearing bright orange trousers in public - poor soul.

It won't stop here though. I predict our Marie will at some point ensure she and Joachim will show up in matching jogging sets. That's the signal to other women saying: He's house-trained. - Joachim/Frederik might just as well be held in a leash.
In fact, they have already started preparing the ground by equipping their husbands with matching hats, as illustrated in this example: https://app.box.com/s/pzidxfozeavj7t1g3iix

Last edited:
Danskerne vil have kronprinsen på tronen - Indland
Translated: Google Oversæt

A new Danish poll from YouGov shows that the majority of the Danes want Frederik as king now. A royal expert Lars Hovbakke says it's more an expression of that Frederik is very popular and the Danes think he does it well than that they think the queen makes it bad. It's a pat on the back to Frederik because the Danes are generally very satisfied with the queen.

Lars Hovbakke also says that although the Danes would want Frederik as king now, it will most likely not happen. Queen Margrethe is the queen to she dies.

- 51 per cent. of respondents think that the Queen should abdicate and leave the throne to Crown Prince Frederik now.

- 30 per cent. think that the Queen should be on the throne to her death, while 11 per cent. answered "I don't know."

- 77 per cent. of respondents think that Crown Prince Frederik is ready to be king now. 11 per cent. disagree with it.

- 40 per cent. would like to see the Queen abdicates as soon as possible.

Last edited:
:previous:Good for Frederik. No doubt he has matured and improved greatly. :flowers:

Frederik looks to me like a happily married family man, and quite content with his life. He's got it all. A supportive wife and great kids and his Mum and Dad and brother all happy and content as well. It shows by how relaxed he is these days. He does look kind of hunky at the ballet and I think his choice of coloured pants are him saying I am an individual and will wear what I want. Perhaps they get a good a laugh from reading these forums.

Well said, Tarlita! I wholeheartedly agree with you! Lucky Mary. :)

What a great results :D
I think he is ready as well, but Queen Margrethe will stay until death. But who knows what the future will bring...

I wonder if abdication will be sort of a tradition in Europe, I'm sure the Danish, Norwegian, probably the Swedish and especially the Spanish are under pressure after all the abdications this year. Kind of fever wave. I don't care for abdication, I'm more with those who support death with the crown, BUT I love seeing new fresh faces as King/Queen, so I think as long as an heir becomes a Monarch I won't care if it was abdication nor death.

Last edited:
I hope there is no abdication. While I like Frederik and Mary and their children I still really enjoy seeing Queen Margrethe out and about. And while I love the ceremony of the abdication and inauguration and the chance to see 2 new Queen in the Netherlands and Belgium, I feel for the youngsters who will have super busy parents. I'm happy to see Frederik and Mary still able to be casual and present for their children.

I think QM has a very bad back, she was driven to the shoot at Grasten, had to sit down at events where she usually stands up etc, but there is no reason for abdication. I am sure she'll do the job until the day she's gone, at the same time giving Frederik more and more to do when she's unable to travel etc. Frederik doesnt seem keen to me to assume the top job anyway. I think he is happier in the background, doing his own thing & activities.

But I am sure in the near future he'll have to work more than he has gotten away with during the last years.

I'm not so sure how credible YouGov is and I would like to know the questions in their survey.
However, Frederik has consistently and for a number of years now competed with QMII and Mary about being the most popular member of the DRF in all kinds of surveys, some more serious than others.

I think we should view this survey not as a genuine wish for QMII to abdicate, but more of a confidence vote for Frederik - and Mary not least.
Also, I think many, like myself, think QMII fully deserves to retire and enjoy the rest of her life in whatever way she wish.
I also believe many find that now is a good time for M&F to take over. They are in their prime.

Another reason for me to believe it would be a good idea, or rather, it wouldn't be a bad idea should QMII abdicate is that the transition will not be so hard. Frederik will after all have to shoulder the burden of becoming a king while at the same time mourning his mother, if we follow the tradition.
Not to mention that people can expect to get old nowadays. Frederik can easily end up being 60 before his time comes. That's not too late, but a number of years, when he is in his prime will be missed.

The article also commends Frederik quite a lot in the sense that Trine Larsen, the BB reporter, who is also interviewed for Søndagsavisen where the survey has been published, says that people loved him for being honest about his reluctance to become a king and his insecurity about the role.
That is a truth with some modifications, at least until he revealed these thoughts in a (back then sensational) interview. It helped many people to better understand him but it's through his marriage to Mary that he has genuinely matured and that I believe is key to people finding Frederik ready to become king and become a king now.
Speaking for myself, I didn't find Frederik's insecurity and reluctance to take on his destiny, because that's what it is, particularly endearing.
In fact I was leaning towards Joachim and whether it wouldn't be better if Joachim took over instead.
Joachim has his faults, among them is that he is not particularly folksy, however I found that his qualifications were better, in the sense that Joachim could be depended on saying the right things, doing the rights things and generally act like a traditional monarch. I respected and had confidence in Joachim back then, more than I liked him. Frederik was an uncertain entity to me.

Things have changed. I still respect Joachim and I've come to respect him even more and even like him, for some of his human qualities.

My view on Frederik has also changed. I can identify myself with him as a father and a husband and I have come to like him for his human qualities and for his empathy which is a crucial thing to have in a monarch today. However, I still feel a distinct urge to slap him (hard) in the back of the head from time to time.
But it's also his faults that will make him a competent king, because he is learning the hard way.

- A long post as usual. But essential to full get my meaning across, a sentiment I believe I share with quite a number of fellow Danes.

I think abdication would be tough for the family, F&M would have to do a lot more and the children are still small. Another five, ten years wouldnt hurt, with Frederik assuming more 'serious' duties and QM remaining regent but limited due to health reasons.

Frederik has been photographed wearing pink, repeat pink, shorts: Se billederne: Her er stjernernes private og afslørende Twitter-billeder | www.bt.dk

In a store in Copenhagen.
The designer of the shorts Frederik tried on uploaded the picture.

- Sometimes your wishes come true. :D I cannot say how much this picture delights me and I shall await with the utmost anticipation the response from some members here. :ROFLMAO: (You can also PM me, if this is too much for you. ;)).

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY *10 points if you know who I am quoting*

Not sure what to say, not overly fond of that shirt he is wearing. He looks very cute though. Mary is a very lucky woman. THough that is a pretty shade of pink. *wonders if they have ladies shorts like that*

You know it is nice to see a Future king not afraid to wear what he wants to wear. He is definitly not afraid of color. :)

Muhler;1586324[B said:
]Frederik has been photographed wearing pink, repeat pink, shorts[/B]: Se billederne: Her er stjernernes private og afslørende Twitter-billeder | www.bt.dk

In a store in Copenhagen.
The designer of the shorts Frederik tried on uploaded the picture.

I cannot say how much this picture delights me and I shall await with the utmost anticipation the response from some members here. :ROFLMAO: (You can also PM me, if this is too much for you. ;)).

Ok, I'll start ;):

It's interesting, that these pale pink shorts are "pink, repeat pink"
but Joachim's VERY pink jeans were only "reddish"...:whistling:

Other than that, I'll disappoint you: I really hope Frederik only tried this outfit on and didn't actually buy it...

Was that the response you hoped for?...;)

Last edited:
Sorry Muhler, but Frederik looks fantastic and handsome:wub:.

and these are pale pink compared to the hot pink others wore "Joachim" :flowers:

Frederik was probably just being polite to the designer :D

He must also have had Haakon's pink shorts during his birthday on his mind

Last edited:
Hahahah, I love it!!!! Fantastic. He looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom