General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 10: December 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Exactly my thoughts. Parents, even Crown Princely parents, can only monitor the intake of information so much. The rest comes down to environmental exposure.

Last edited:
Judging by this article alone, I would definitely believe that Frederik has a great sense of humor. Thank you for the translation.

I wonder if Christian is aware of his destiny even if the discussion has not been had. I'm sure if he doesn't know that one day he'll be the King, he is aware that he's part of a royal family (he had to have heard his parents referred to as 'Prince' and 'Princess', and as the article states, is aware that his Grandmother is the Queen). However, I think it's a wise decision to wait to have a formal discussion about this with him. He's still a young child, and needs time to just be, rather than start stressing over about what his future holds. Mary and Frederik strike me as very intelligent and reasonable parents, who know what is best for their children's well-being and development.

Personally, I am suprised Christian does not know he will be King someday. It makes me wonder if other children like him (Elisabeth, Ingrid, Amalia, Leonor) know what their position is.

Well if his parents don't tell him someone else will, maybe a kid in school or a reporter or he will read it in one of the glossy magazines that track his parents comings and goings.

You are welcome Daria_S & Artemisia :)

I think Christian already now has a vaque idea about him destined to be king, just like Frederik before him at that age.
Probably more so, because Frederik lived a more sheltered life when he was six years old. The press kept a much more respectful distance and with only one TV channel and no Internet, if would have been easier to keep him away from information about himself. - Until that Easter day when, bang, it dawned on him in earnest that he was going to be king!
There must have been a lot of thoughts and questions going through the mind of this eleven year old boy and perhaps he didn't know who to talk to about it, except for his mormor, Queen Ingrid. - And this was at an age when children couldn't just pop over to visit or pick up a phone when they wanted to get in touch with their grandparents.
Another thing is that QMII and PH didn't bring Frederik with them on the job, so that he got a feeling of what it really means to be a Monarch and what such a character is doing. He was just different, with this huge omnious black cloud hanging over his future. Add to that he was, and still is, a sensitive child.

Christian in contrast is different. He has already been with his parents and grandparents on the job, he is used to be in the public glare and he clearly has a lot of self confidence.
I also think he will ask "the question" sooner than Frederik did and that it will be easier for him to accept, and certainly something less omnious, because he is already a part of role.

Judging from the Dutch, Danish and Norwegian CP couples, who are good friends, it looks to me like they have been discussing the subject of how to prepare their children and as far as I can tell thay use a similar approach about letting their children get used to their future roles.
Victoria and Daniel will probably follow a similar path and most likely benefit from the experiences of the others.

Last edited:
"Freddy, one day you will be the king! Now be a good lad and please pass the schnapps."

Christian will know soon. He has access to the internet and so do his friends. Mary said on an interview once that he's into technology - he can find out for himself via iPad or however. I just hope M & F tell him before he finds out another way.

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday (two days ago) I visited 'The Flying Superkids' show with my little daughter. And guess who took her children to the show too? My crown princess did :flowers:

We saw Mary with Christian and Isabella and they seemed to enjoy the show, just like me and my daughter. Isabella hugged and kissed her mother several times during the show. They were totally down to earth and behaved like any other family. I did not even saw a security guards (although I'm sure they were there :p)

Mary, Christian and Isabella together with The Flying Superkids:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427392_10151158099634739_36354596_n.jpg

In a recent edition of a gossip mag here (New idea and Womans Day) there were pictures of the Danish family at some family gathering (HM, Prince Henri, The Cp and Princess, one of the queens sisters and Prince Christian, princess Isabelle and Prince Vincent.) The photos concentrated heavily on Vincent. He was dressed in red trousers and a purple shirt. The thing is that there was no sign of Josephine. There were photos of all the family posing together but Josephine continued to be missing. Does anyone know why?

Roskilde said:
Saturday (two days ago) I visited 'The Flying Superkids' show with my little daughter. And guess who took her children to the show too? My crown princess did :flowers:

We saw Mary with Christian and Isabella and they seemed to enjoy the show, just like me and my daughter. Isabella hugged and kissed her mother several times during the show. They were totally down to earth and behaved like any other family. I did not even saw a security guards (although I'm sure they were there :p)

Mary, Christian and Isabella together with The Flying Superkids:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427392_10151158099634739_36354596_n.jpg

That is absolutely delightful! You and your daughter are very lucky. Glad to hear that you had a great time. Thank you for sharing this with us.

fearghas said:
In a recent edition of a gossip mag here (New idea and Womans Day) there were pictures of the Danish family at some family gathering (HM, Prince Henri, The Cp and Princess, one of the queens sisters and Prince Christian, princess Isabelle and Prince Vincent.) The photos concentrated heavily on Vincent. He was dressed in red trousers and a purple shirt. The thing is that there was no sign of Josephine. There were photos of all the family posing together but Josephine continued to be missing. Does anyone know why?

I believe you saw pictures from the annual summer photo shoot. There's a separate thread discussing that, and it has lots of great pictures. Little Josephine wasn't feeling well, so she didn't participate. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Translation of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #33, 2012.

Where a Tilde Andersen asks: Do the royals buy their clothes themselves. Is it known how big Mary's budget for clothes is?

Jon Bloch Skipper replies: The members of the DRF do actually shop in stores here at home.
The Crown Princess have often been seen at Strøget (the main pedestrian street) in Copenhagen, but she also has a stylist who shop for her.
Apart from that some of her clothes are tailor made, just as she recieves both clothes, shoes, bags and jewellery as gifts. Many designers will, as you know, give their right arm to see her in one of their creations.
The budget for clothes of the Crown Princess is a part of her privacy (*) but there is no doubt that she is spending way more money than average. However it should be mentioned that she is known for recycling her clothes and that her most important task is to represent Denmark.

(*) Which means that even if Jon Bloch Skipper knew and published her budget, he could end up in court for violating Mary's privacy, and he would almost be dead certain to lose.

I wanted to post some photos from today comming back fromtheir trip in baastad but i can not do it. sorry , may be somebody can post them
i was wondering how far are the photographers if they know they had been photograph?

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Thank you for the pictures. Everyone looks absolutely wonderful, and what a gorgeous dog.

Why Ziggy is not on the leash? He/she seems to be calm dog but it dangerous for people around them.

Why Ziggy is not on the leash? He/she seems to be calm dog but it dangerous for people around them.

I'm pretty sure Ziggy wouldn't harm or be dangerous to anyone, I have seen him myself and he seems like a well-raised, wonderful and sweet dog.

Wow Mary certainly travels in style: nanny, lady who carries her bag (2nd nanny maybe?), 2 bodyguards... And of course ziggy the dog....

:previous: More a necessity.

I would personally feel a lot more safe if there was a nanny to keep an eye on two very active twins onboard a ship. There are many stairs you can fall down from.
And the other nanny was there to keep an eye on Bella and Christian, when dad was sailing - before Mary came. One nanny to keep an eye on four children? :eek: = :dizzy: = :coffee:
The family dog? Why not?
Then there are two from PET, (who were more likely waiting for them at the quay, while the others stayed onboard) they are a must.

Ziggi is a girl dog ;)
She seems harmless to me.

Are you sure about that? Because Billedbladet always refer to Ziggy as a boy.

Summary of two articles in Billed Bladet #35, 2012.
Both written by our aquatic reporter Ulrik Ulriksen.

Actually BB has no less than three full articles covering the whereabouts of M&F and especially their children last weekend, so to keep things simple I will post the family articles here and Mary swimming in another thread.

Mary arrived by car in Båstad in Sweden around 15.00 Saturday. Here Frederik was busy competing in the Nordic Championships, assisted somewhat by his two ordinary seamen (*), Bella and Christian.
Christian was put to work with mop, which he used with a lot of enthusiasm on dad's boat White Lady. (**)
Wearing lifejackets the two oldest showed a good deal of interest in Dad's boat, not least Christian, who helped Frederik steer the boat a little while. While doing that he was... brushing away annoying harbour flies, as a caption describes it. Looking at the picture it looks more to me like the "flies" have flown up his nostril. Oh, well....

In fact Frederik and his four children arrived in Båstad onboard Dannebrog Friday. The children helped him prepare the boat Friday evening and also went for a stroll in Båstad, with twin-prams and all.
Up early Saturday to prepare for the first race. Frederik was accompanied by his little helper, Christian.
Okay, the children couldn't take part in the actual race, but they went on a pic nic, and all four of them also visited a local playground with their nannies and played merrily with a lot of local children around.

After the finals Sunday the family went onboard and sailed back around 17.00, arriving in Copenhagen harbour late in the evening. At it is presumed this was way past bedtime for the children, it is very likely they all slept onboard.
Early Monday Frederik took Christian to school and later in the day, Mary went ashore with the rest of the children and the nannies not to mention Ziggy.
Arriving in a chaluppe to Toldboden (the quay nearest to Amalienborg) the whole party walked across Amalie Garden to Amalienborg, a distance of 150 meters or so.

(*) They are hardly able seamen. ;)

(**) Not to be confused with the much larger sailing boat Frederik also competes in, Nanoq = Polar Bear.

thanks Muhler :flowers:
Im sure the family had a great time.
and i bet Frederik is happy his two oldest like sailing

Last edited:
Why are they carrying those heavy toddlers??? I cringe when I think of their backs/hips. They may be slow walkers, but what about a stroller? Or was it really not as far as it seems?

Lovely pictures of Mary with the children. Its great seeing them out from time to time and its also nice to see the twins.
Many people have their dogs not on leashes in open space. They would only let them off the leash if they know they are harmless.

Translation of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #36, 2012.
Where a Lisbeth Mikkelsen would like to know whether Frederik is as religious as his mother.

Jon Bloch Skipper replies:
It's beyond any discussion that the Queen is deeply religious and that the Faith is an essential part dailly life and identity as a person/self-awareness.
The Crown Prince has in a number of interviews described himself as being a believer, but he is more likely what we call a cultural-Christian.
He believes that the Christianity is an important part of our cultural heritage, but Faith hasn't played a major role in his life.
Perhaps that is changing. "It (the religion) speaks more and more to me....", as he has put it, "and age, I suppose, has also matured you".
The Crown Prince incidentally has no option for being an atheist of religiously neutral, because $6 in the Constitution says that "the king must adhere to the evangelical-Lutheran church". (*)

(*) I.e. the state church.

I think all the royals have to be religious for the public becasue it ispart of their job but anothr thing isin their private life what they really belive or feel about religion we will never know!

Translation of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #40, 2012.

Where a Mona Højsgaard would like to whether M&F cook themselves or whether they have a cook at their disposal 24/7.

Jon Bloch Skipper replies:
Both Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary can cook, but they rarely do.
They have a chef, who with his staff takes care of the family.
The CP couple appreciate healthy and tasty food and (they) usually take part in the planning of the meals.
The couple's homes in Frederik VIII's Mansion and Kancellihuset are equipped with modern kitchens with all possible installations so that food can be made for both day-to-day basis and larger parties.
I Frederik VIII*s Mansion where there is also a butler's pantry it is for example possible to for up to 80 persons at a time.

- There are actually a good deal of news about the DRF this week.
But because of a very long interview with Mary I will only deal with one thing more: a new painting of the entire DRF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom