General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 1: August 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitteringTiaras

Heir Apparent
City
.a
Country
United States
This is the topic where you can post articles, links to videos, and other news stuff that might not fit anywhere else.

Of course, TRF Rules and FAQ still apply.
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation/infringement to post translations of entire articles. The best thing to do: Translate the article using your own words and summarize it. Just because other sites translate the entire articles, word for word, then proceed it post it -- you shouldn't. It's against the law! Furthermore, you don't want to be sued, handed a cease and desist, and be the one responsible for shutting down TRF forever, right? So please, follow the copyright rules and all shall be golden. Even if your translations may not be perfect, at least you tried and tried to get the gist of it. That's what is important.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
So if you find something that may not fit anywhere else please post it here.

Enjoy and have fun!
Mandy, Empress, and GT:flowers:

This has got to be one of the funniest articles that I have read in, oh I don't know, two weeks. Click here to read it.

This article should definitely be given the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award for its outstanding piece of investigative work.

:rolleyes:

This has got to be one of the funniest articles that I have read in, oh I don't know, two weeks. Click here to read it.

This article should definitely be given the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award for its outstanding piece of investigative work.

:rolleyes:

That is indeed a very interesting article! Isn't it funny how the media always finds an excuse to say how Mary and Marie don't get along- no matter what the event is. "Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend party for friend. Oh, and Crown Princess Mary can't stand new incomer to the family Marie Cavillier, who isn't even in the country at the moment."

While waiting for a car lift this morning I was watching an early morning tv program in which a journalist from one of our gossip magazines (forget which as I'm not too au fait with them) said that there was indeed a 'situation' growing between Mary and Marie and that Mary and Frederik would not be holidaying in Caix with the Queen because of it. It's a pity if dislike for Marie is keeping the family apart but even if true, there's no evidence that it's Mary who doesn't get along with Marie: it could be Frederik who's cavilling. Myself, I think that people should hide their dislike of others for the sake of family unity, but this happens, sadly.

The journalist also said that the prince and princess are off to New York in a month or two and will be meeting up with Charles and Camilla shortly after.

While waiting for a car lift this morning I was watching an early morning tv program in which a journalist from one of our gossip magazines (forget which as I'm not too au fait with them) said that there was indeed a 'situation' growing between Mary and Marie and that Mary and Frederik would not be holidaying in Caix with the Queen because of it. It's a pity if dislike for Marie is keeping the family apart but even if true, there's no evidence that it's Mary who doesn't get along with Marie: it could be Frederik who's cavilling. Myself, I think that people should hide their dislike of others for the sake of family unity, but this happens, sadly.

The journalist also said that the prince and princess are off to New York in a month or two and will be meeting up with Charles and Camilla shortly after.

I really can't imagine what Marie could be doing to prevent Mary and Fred from enjoying vacation with their family. And given the photos we've seen of Marie with Henrik, Nikolas and Felix, plus pics of her at events with Joachim's friends, I'm not buying it. The media is trying to pit the 2 Mary's/Marie's against one another.

A happy family where Marie and Mary all got along isn't news worthy...so it's common for the media to start these sort of rumours... sigh...

I really can't imagine what Marie could be doing to prevent Mary and Fred from enjoying vacation with their family. And given the photos we've seen of Marie with Henrik, Nikolas and Felix, plus pics of her at events with Joachim's friends, I'm not buying it. The media is trying to pit the 2 Mary's/Marie's against one another.

There was a sly hint that it is due to loyalty to Alexandra, whom Frederik really liked and whom Mary has become very friendly with. But who knows? People sometimes just dislike other people, for whatever reason.

Like you, I take it all with a grain of salt until we know that there's a definite rift. If Frederik and Mary don't, in fact, holiday with the rest of the family at Caix, then we might believe that there's some substance to the rumours.

As for pitting Mary against Marie - it's really no contest, is it? Mary is the Crown Princess, and that's that. Mary will always have the upper hand, if there is, in fact, any sort of competition.

Let's all hope that it's just journalistic nonsense.

There was a sly hint that it is due to loyalty to Alexandra, whom Frederik really liked and whom Mary has become very friendly with. But who knows? People sometimes just dislike other people, for whatever reason.

But again, that makes no sense. Alex and Joachim are divorced and she is remarried, so holding a grudge against the new girlfriend would make absolutely no sense. You can like more than 1 person at a time. :lol: I remember a time when Alex and Mary were supposedly at odds. Now, she and Mary are such good friends and Mary is choosing her over Marie? :rolleyes: These journalists will say anything.

Like you, I take it all with a grain of salt until we know that there's a definite rift. If Frederik and Mary don't, in fact, holiday with the rest of the family at Caix, then we might believe that there's some substance to the rumours.

Let's all hope that it's just journalistic nonsense.
I'm sure it is.
Frederik and Mary never took their holiday in Caix at the same time as Joachim or the Queen&Henrik. And July is the holiday month for F&M, not August, since Frederik is usually Regent when the Queen takes her holiday in France. So, this piece about "not holidaying with the Queen" shows that the journalist doesn't know much about the DRF. AFAIK in the last couple of years July always has been devided between Joachim and Frederik and in August it's the Regent Couple's turn. This year F&M spend time in Croatia instead.

So not being there when Marie was there actually means nothing at all.
It has been done this way even before Marie arrived on the scene.

Last edited:
But again, that makes no sense. Alex and Joachim are divorced and she is remarried, so holding a grudge against the new girlfriend would make absolutely no sense. You can like more than 1 person at a time. :lol: I remember a time when Alex and Mary were supposedly at odds. Now, she and Mary are such good friends and Mary is choosing her over Marie? :rolleyes: These journalists will say anything.

Yes, journalists will do anything and say anything to sell a magazine. I honestly don't think there's any real substance to the rumors, and if they truly don't like each other, I couldn't see either of those ladies making a huge public deal about it. I mean, there may be, as there's always a bit of rivalry and dislike in all families. I mostly think it's something that journalists cook up for entertainment. They also ALWAYS do this to a new wife/girlfriend. The "old pro" always can't stand them. ALexandra couldn't stand Mary, and, if God forbid Mary and Frederik divorce, Princess Marie won't be able to stand Frederik's new wife/girlfriend. 30 years from now, Christian's wife will be hated by Isabella. It's a neverending cycle.

I think that you speak a lot of good, plain, common sense, acdc1.

My question is: Why would Mary and Marie not get along?
What are their stories based on?

My question is: Why would Mary and Marie not get along?
What are their stories based on?

I believe these stories are just rumours. I don't see why they would not get along. If I was Mary I would be happy to have such a nice sister-in-law like Marie. Of course I don't know how she is in real life, but by the pictures I see Marie as a warm and kind woman.

Everyone hates Mary and vice versa

I agree, Did't they also try to claim that Mary and Alexandra were at odds with each other? :ermm:

If Womans Day and other similar tabloids had their way, everyone would be an someones enemy.

As an Australian living in UK I only get to read the magazines at home once every 18 months or so when I visit. I have never read such trash that is published in Womans' Day and New Idea which, in hindsight of 1-2 years, is ludicrous misinformed. I think they usually get the names right but that is the only correct information in each article. Mary/Alexandra hate each other, Mary/Maria don't get along, Mary/Fred having marital problems etc. I wonder where they get their information from because someone is making lots of money in peddling these stories. I now realise that nothing, except probably the magazine index, is correct and won't be bothering buying these magazines when I move back later this year. They have lost my money and respect and I am sorry to say that some people will probably believe everything that is written.

I have never read such trash that is published in Womans' Day and New Idea which, in hindsight of 1-2 years, is ludicrous misinformed. I think they usually get the names right but that is the only correct information in each article... I wonder where they get their information from...
They don't get their information from anywhere. They make it up, pure and simple, just as they do for most of the celebrity "Shock! Exclusive! Gasp!" rubbish they fill the magazines with, week in and week out.

Both magazines in their heyday sold close to or over one million copies a week, now it's about half that. In other words, half of the people who previously bought Womans' Day and New Idea (popularly called 'No Idea') now give both a miss.

Would this be the place to post such questions related to the minutiae of Mary's (and Fred's) daily lives? Because I always wonder about trivial matters that take place behind close doors that we as mere mortals do everyday without thinking or having to answer to anyone...but maybe the royals do? Things like packing suitcases, what to have for dinner...those sorts of things...Am I allowed to ask more? Is this the best place?

Would this be the place to post such questions related to the minutiae of Mary's (and Fred's) daily lives? Because I always wonder about trivial matters that take place behind close doors that we as mere mortals do everyday without thinking or having to answer to anyone...but maybe the royals do? Things like packing suitcases, what to have for dinner...those sorts of things...Am I allowed to ask more? Is this the best place?

Sorry, we don't have a specific thread to discuss Frederik and Mary's private life because we believe that they should be allowed to retain some privacy behind their closed doors.

In this thread, we discuss newspaper or magazine articles that do not correspond to current events.

They don't get their information from anywhere. They make it up, pure and simple, just as they do for most of the celebrity "Shock! Exclusive! Gasp!" rubbish they fill the magazines with, week in and week out.

Both magazines in their heyday sold close to or over one million copies a week, now it's about half that. In other words, half of the people who previously bought Womans' Day and New Idea (popularly called 'No Idea') now give both a miss.

My mum was one of those people who bought Womans' Day every week in it's heyday but now she'll only buy it to kill time because she thinks it's turned into trash.

This isnt news of the couple but its intresting about how a designer got inspired by Mary in desgning the Shangri-La Hotel royal suit (i hope this wasnt posted before) - read article here

I just removed a couple of photos of Frederik exposing himself while urinating at sea. Please keep in mind that we have young members visiting this forum, and that posting of such images is forbidden. Instead of commenting on the pictures, other posters should have been reporting this post.

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator.

I just removed a couple of photos of Frederik exposing himself while urinating at sea. Please keep in mind that we have young members visiting this forum, and that posting of such images is forbidden. Instead of commenting on the pictures, other posters should have been reporting this post.

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator.

Well, you seemed to have handled it within a matter of hours so I think it's safe to assume your ontop of things, Mandy :) Good job!

Last edited:
I read in a german newspaper, that Crownprincess Mary spent 120.000 EUR for buying a kitchen.

AGAIN? A SECOND KITCHEN???
You see... just another old story, which fills a "hole" in the newspaper... :lol:

Ah... and she won't become more apanage next year, while the other danish royals will become more money... :ermm:

I read in a german newspaper, that Crownprincess Mary spent 120.000 EUR for buying a kitchen.

You see... just another old story, which fills a "hole" in the newspaper... :lol:

Ah... and she won't become more apanage next year, while the other danish royals will become more money... :ermm:
Geez, someone ought to introduce a lower level for just how devoid of any trace of intelligence or common sense some of these articles are allowed to be.

Well, unlike Maxima and Alexandra Mary does not receive an apanage of her own. So, if anyone won't get more money next year it's Crownprince Frederik.
And of course it was Mary alone who spent the money on the kitchen. Frederik doesn't have anything to do with it. ;)

He might be able to find the "on" button at the microwave oven ;) Or maybe I'm wrong and he's able to serve a self cooked menu for 15 people. Who knows.

You're right, thing is that the wish to cook and have fun with it does not have anything to do money or position - there are many very rich and very famous people who enjoy cooking, even though they could afford a cook.

BTW - I think sometime two years ago queen Margrethe dismissed her chef because she didn't need his services as much as she should have compared to the expense of such a chef. He later said he was disappointed because the queen and prince Henrik eat often the microwaved left-overs of lunch for dinner in front of the telly. Do Mary and Fred have a cook?

BTW - I think sometime two years ago queen Margrethe dismissed her chef because she didn't need his services as much as she should have compared to the expense of such a chef. He later said he was disappointed because the queen and prince Henrik eat often the microwaved left-overs of lunch for dinner in front of the telly. Do Mary and Fred have a cook?
I don't know whether Frederik and Mary have a cook, but I suppose they do. But didn't Mary once say in an interview that Frederik sometimes cooked at home? He might be influenced by his father - I'm sure Henrik cooks a lot. He published a cookbook, last year I think it was, and in interviews he said that the queen had patiently and with great overbearing been ginny-pig for some of his creations in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom