General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 1: August 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clip and all those who responded! :)

I wasn't sure if she knew the language prior to meeting her husband or not...it seems difficult but I agree it is necessary if you are to one be head of the country.

:D

Princess Mary's trip to Oz | The Daily Telegraph

"CROWN Princess Mary could soon be on her way to Tasmania to introduce her young daughter Princess Isabella to her Australian heritage.

Crown Prince Frederik has told Danish magazine Billed Bladet that he and Mary expect to bring seven-month-old Isabella and two-year- old Christian on a family visit to Tasmania soon."

:D

Princess Mary's trip to Oz | The Daily Telegraph

"CROWN Princess Mary could soon be on her way to Tasmania to introduce her young daughter Princess Isabella to her Australian heritage.

Crown Prince Frederik has told Danish magazine Billed Bladet that he and Mary expect to bring seven-month-old Isabella and two-year- old Christian on a family visit to Tasmania soon."

Oh.. It would be lovely.. well lets wait and see..:flowers:

In the latest edition of [URL="http://www.berlingske.dk/article/20071222/danmark/71222044/"]Berlingske Tindende[/URL] there is a nice article about the Crown Prince couple in which they talk about their lives with their children and so forth.

They note the difficulties as well as day to day challenges, "balance" is key, of being parents to two young children whereupon they explain how both, Christian and Isabella, have two completely opposite personalities. They go on to thank the thousands of Danish citizens who sent them baby gifts, and they are happy for the thoughtfulness of the Danes.

NEW PICTURES by Steen Brogaard :wub:
Adorable ..

With the kids:
Berlingske.dk (21 pictures)

Mary and Fred:
Berlingske.dk (13 pictures)

Thank you for these adorable pictures MissSaga. Especially those with the kids are wonderful and it's great to see them as what they are - a normal family: father, mother and two cute children. It's a pleasure to see these pictures after all these ridiculous speculations and odd theories about this couple and their children in 2007. They simply do their own thing and I love that!

Hoho, here someone tried to "erase" all rumours EB and Trine spread.
It´s nice to see their cute kids again, but IMO the pics with the tree and advent calendar (I guess this is one ) would have done it. Otherwise IMO things seem (at least after this year...with the book and all) a bit "enforced" (no matter, if they are or aren´t)

what a lovely family!!!!!!

thanks for those pics! the little girl is really cute:!!

They are without doubt the most beautiful photographs of a contemporary royal couple and family that I have ever seen. Mary is luminous.

I'm seriously considering moving to Denmark - her skin is so pale and lovely - not an ounce of Australian sun damage to be seen. Oh that we could all be so lucky! :rolleyes:

Isabella looks like her big brother! The pictures of the couple are a bit cheesy, but I guess they were having a little bit of fun. Thanks for the links!

Berlingske also had a lengthy interview with the couple - where they talk about their everyday life.

* They try to spend as much a time as possible with Isabella and Christian, especially mornings and evenings.

* They asked people they knew with children on how to raise them - Frederik asked Joachim, who had boys, especially with the first one.

* Mary was quite surprised at the news that Frederik apparently had a horrible childhood, because from the things he's told he, it had seemed like a happy one where they spent a lot of time together, even if it might not have been the meals, which Frederik confirms.

* Isabella is teething at the moment, and therefore up in the nights. As she sleeps in Mary and Frederiks room, it means less time for sleep for them.

* Isabella has much more temprament than Christian - much more happy and much more angry.

* It is important to them to both give the children privacy, but at the same time make them used to the media circus in which they'll be living - and bring them to smaller arrangements when possible so they can get used to it. They also hope that the children will be able to make their mistakes growing up outside the spotlights, and like that the press respects Christian's day care and that he can be without cameras there.

* Christian is getting in the "present-age" for Christmas. The parents think that he should only get enough so that he can properly appreciate them.

Kronprinsparret - kapitel 1: »Vi begynder dagen med at lave havregrød« - Danmark

The second part of the interview is about their work.

* Mary chose fashion as a starting point because it is important for Denmark, but it is also something that isn't overly complicated as a beginner's patronage. She was surprised at the attention - and don't think she would've got the same "branding" if she had chosen wind-mills as her first patronages. As time goes on, she has chosen to move more into social areas.

* They're trying to figure out how they want to prepare for their lives as King and Queen.

* They want to prepare Christian as much as possible for the future he has in front of him.

Also some pictures from the park: Berlingske.dk

norwegianne, thanks for translating part/all of the interview.

* Isabella is teething at the moment, and therefore up in the nights. As she sleeps in Mary and Frederiks room, it means less time for sleep for them.
That answers why the couple look abit tired in the pictures.

The pictures of Fred & Mary are lovely, but dont like the ones under the tree. Lovely to see them including ziggy in the pictures

Hoho, here someone tried to "erase" all rumours EB and Trine spread.
It´s nice to see their cute kids again, but IMO the pics with the tree and advent calendar (I guess this is one ) would have done it. Otherwise IMO things seem (at least after this year...with the book and all) a bit "enforced" (no matter, if they are or aren´t)
That would mean that someone would actually be able to remember what EB and Trine Villemann claimed - LOL. EB and Trine Villemann - two partners with equal creditability perhaps ;) - who cares - and who remembers? She got her 15 minutes of fame and the money she wanted.
But I don't understand why you think that would determine the release of this interview and these pictures? Is the Asturias' Christmas cards each year determined by whatever Jaime Penafiel has come up with during the year? Or are the glimpses the Swedes get of their royals each December determined by whatever wild stories the German tabloids have cooked up during the year?:D

The kids are indeed cute; I still haven't read all the interview in today's newspaper, but some of it is rather interesting. Frederik mentions the publicity when it was revealed how old he and Joachim were before they ate with their parents. To them it was just natural and the only way they knew - and he says that if he and Joachim felt badly about it they probably wouldn't have mentioned it at all.

Last edited:
I may be cynical, but I can't help but wonder why now? If they want their private life to be private why have pictures like this inside their home? Could they not have done some photos at a different location? (think Willem & Maxima) As for other royals, Spanish Christmas cards are a tradition for many years, Norwegians seem to have decided on Christmas and summer photo shoots, as for the others I don't know. Is this going to be a new tradition with the crownprince couple, because once you open the door to your private life it is hard to shut it again.

The pictures are not that revealing about the interior I think; they have had pictures taken before from inside the Kancellihuset - at the table for Christian's 1st birthday. It's nice if they will start a tradition of publishing pics once or twice a year with the kids, IMO.

I must say I agree with Lena... The photos with the kids are nice, but the shot of the "teenagers-look-alike" in the garden is just screaming: "Look how happy we are, despite the rumours!"! Too forced, if you want my opinion...

I must say I agree with Lena... The photos with the kids are nice, but the shot of the "teenagers-look-alike" in the garden is just screaming: "Look how happy we are, despite the rumours!"! Too forced, if you want my opinion...
Poor Frederik and Mary - if they don't pose for pictures there is trouble in paradise, and when they do it is forced :cool: - they just can't win....

Poor Frederik and Mary - if they don't pose for pictures there is trouble in paradise, and when they do it is forced :cool: - they just can't win....
They can win by looking naturaly happy together at their public events and not only at staged pre orderd photoshoots like this one

None of us has a clue what goes on behind their closed doors. It is not our business to assume anything. Can you imagine having your every waking moment in the public spotlight for people to tear apart when they see one thing that does not fit what THEY think might be right, or wrong. We all have good days and not so good days with spouses, family and children. I am sure there was tension going on that the children did not act up. Good heavens can you imagine the comments if that would have happened.

They do not belong to us every moment of their lives. They are entitled to their privacy just as everyone else is. Why find something wrong with such beautiful pictures! They took the time to have these done so the public would have new pictures of the children. Just as we all have been requesting for months.

Last edited:
None of us has a clue what goes on behind their closed doors. It is not our business to assume anything.

True, but then again why publish these photos in the first place? To play the DA here: By doing this and responding to negative allegations they simply opened the flood gates. Furthermore, they are in the spotlight. Frederik and Mary are the future King and Queen of Denmark.

The citizens of Denmark pay for their lifestyle/upkeep. They do have to right to know where there money is going, to know what their royals are doing and so forth. Does that mean prying into the very intimate details of their lives? Unfortunately for them, yes; in this day and age, sorry to say this, but absolutely. That is the price they have to pay. Sadly for the royals of today this is the reality whether they like it or not. I don't agree with it and sure I do feel a tad bad for them, but hey that's the way the ball bounces.

Do royals, in general, have the right to privacy? Sure, but it's impossible, compared to actors, because they are in a slightly different position.

Let's not be naive about it, nor should they, the intrusion is all apart of the game. If they don't want to play anymore, they can always bow out. It's as simple as that. It won't go away completely, but it would ease off slightly.

: It is not our business to assume anything.
Sure it is, but that does not make our assumptions true or right.

None of us has a clue what goes on behind their closed doors.
This statement reinforces the previous one.

True, but then again why publish these photos in the first place? To play the DA here: By doing this and responding to negative allegations they simply opened the flood gates. Furthermore, they are in the spotlight. Frederik and Mary are the future King and Queen of Denmark.

The citizens of Denmark pay for their lifestyle/upkeep. They do have to right to know where there money is going, to know what their royals are doing and so forth. Does that mean prying into the very intimate details of their lives? Unfortunately for them, yes; in this day and age, sorry to say this, but absolutely. That is the price they have to pay. Sadly for the royals of today this is the reality whether they like it or not. I don't agree with it and sure I do feel a tad bad for them, but hey that's the way the ball bounces.

Do royals, in general, have the right to privacy? Sure, but it's impossible, compared to actors, because they are in a slightly different position.

Let's not be naive about it, nor should they, the intrusion is all apart of the game. If they don't want to play anymore, they can always bow out. It's as simple as that. It won't go away completely, but it would ease off slightly.

In that case, they have employed an effective strategy without issuing a statement, which also makes it clear that they are not going to bow anytime soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
If they don't want to play anymore, they can always bow out. It's as simple as that. It won't go away completely, but it would ease off slightly.
Playing devil's advocate as well, they are responding to the negative allegations without responding if you will. They are using a silent tool which is a lot more effective than issuing a statement.

I read somewhere that the QM is brilliant at turning negatives events/rumors into positives, which is very much in evidence here and quite clever if you ask me.

I hope I made myself clearer:)

Last edited:
Playing devil's advocate as well, they are responding to the negative allegations without responding if you will. They are using a silent tool which is a lot more effective than issuing a statement.

I read somewhere that the QM is brilliant at turning negatives events/rumors into positives, which is very much in evidence here and quite clever if you ask me.

I hope I made myself clearer:)

Yes, however, some may view it as making the situation slightly worse. Already people, for and against, note that the interview along with the happy family and couple photos seems out of place/dare I say forced (which may be too harsh of a word, in my opinion.) Do you understand what I mean? If that is their silent tool, as you stated, some may view it as having back fired.

Perhaps the Crown Prince couple should not have released the 34 new photos along with an extensive interview addressing negative allegations, Frederik's horrible childhood, and so on.

From my perspective, it would have been better to release one or two photos of the family as well as addressing specific issues (i.e. how the kids are doing, etc.) To discuss anything more is going a bit overboard.

Sometimes it is best to be simple or not to say anything at all; just a brief "We're doing well and thank you for the well wishes, we appreciate it." Instead of going into an extensive diatribe.

Please don't get me wrong, as an American I admire and support the DRF and have been interested in them for a long time; so please don't take my thoughts as a negative.

:)

I am very confused. You are telling me Mary and Fredrick doing pictures in their home is all a show because of the book. Why then when MM and CPH did the same thing in their home it was not a show for the public? Everyone love those photos, but yet these are for nothing but show because of a book.

Every royal has had pictures made in their homes of their children, but it is wrong if Fredrick and Mary do the same thing. It could not possibly be two young couples that are very much in love with each other, wanting to show their children off for the holidays because they know people are waiting to see the children. I am sorry I do not get it at all. What is OK for one royal family is not OK for the others. There seems to be double standards going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom