General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 1: August 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with a tattoo that has significant meaning to you :) I personally think they can be very beautiful especially when they mark significant ideals or events in one's life.

It doesn't hurt that Frederick is quite good looking and fit ! :lol:

Personally, I doubt he would get rid of his tattoos whe he gets older,his grandfather didn't, and they are military/navy tattoos so they have meaning to him

What do his grandfather's tatoos look like, and where does he have them? Do you have a picture of them?

The old king is said to have had a lot of tattoos from his naval days. At that time it wasn't at all fashionable to have tatoos, but he seems to have been a bit of an individualist!

What do his grandfather's tatoos look like, and where does he have them? Do you have a picture of them?

There is a topic already in progress decicated to King Frederik IX with a discussion regarding his tattoos. You can find the topic [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f157/frederik-ix-10588.html"]here[/URL]. Here is a [URL="http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/KateGT/Frederik_IX.jpg"]photo[/URL] of the King displaying his tattoos and a [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/620202-post11.html"]post[/URL] explaining all of them.

At that time it wasn't at all fashionable to have tatoos, but he seems to have been a bit of an individualist!

That's not entirely true. Prior to the Great War (WWI), many [URL="http://www.etoile.co.uk/Columns/RoyalScribe/040503.html"]royals [/URL]as well as aristocrats had tattoos, but covered them up, including woman. For example. Lady Randolph Churchill, Winston Churchill's mother. A small list of other royals that had tattoos: King Alfonso of Spain, King Alexander of Yugoslavia, King George V of Britian, King Harold of Britian, King Henry VI of Britian, King Edward VII of Britian, King George II of Greece, Czar Nicholas II. Another thing that I find interesting is the tattoo fad in the late 19th century. Many royals as well as aristocrats were eager to get tattooed. Many went to Japan to seek out the famous artist, Hori Chiyo, whose traditional method of tebori is still practiced by the famous tattooer Horiyosi in Japan.

Many soldiers prior, during, and after WWII were heavily tattooed, it's a long tradition. However, a majority of the public had no idea their monarchs were tattooed except for those in their inner circle.

Last edited:
Over the weekend; Mary, Fred, Christian & Bella attended the christening of the second daughter of Birgitte and Jeppe Handwerk.

Small pic from Her og Nu

Apprently, according to Kig Ind, Marie and Joachim were invited too

:flowers:

Last edited:
It's lovely to see Mary smilling and even if she is in high wheels she always pic up Christian like he is so low heigh!!!
It looks like it was a children party and they all look so casual!!! I have seen one guy in jeans!!!

Last edited:
I hope there are more still photos. The video was going so slow. I loved Mary's outfit. It looked very Chic. Ah to have a figure like hers. Of course I don't have time to work out, but then again I don't like to do it either. I suppose I should lay off the cookies too.

Well, I think society has changed it's mind recently about tatoos. Freds have meaning which I don't mind. Sometimes I wonder why people get Kermit the Frog. When I'm 70 I don't want Kermit the frog. Also, photographers did not follow royals/celebs like they do now. 50 Years ago you would not have a photo of Margarethe putting sunblock on Henrik. Now you see everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a lovely photo series of TCP couple and family.

Paty, the Billed Bladet aricle notes that Mary had a quiet birthday at home at Kancellihuset celebrating her 36 birthday. They, I believe it says some of her good friends were with her on her day, had a casual dinner on Tuesday evening around 7:30pm.

The article mentions various people the Reigning couple among others. Finally, the writer mentions the Handwerk's were in attendence, and went on to mention the baptism of their child.

This is a rough summary, since my Danish is still at the beginning level, but if someone wants to translate the article, using your own words, please do so. Or, you can wait until sometime later when DRWs will translate the entire article, word for word, into English.

:)

Last edited:
What is she wearing? It isn't the gold lace dress by Heart Made she wore when she was expecting Christian is it??? I can't really tell...

Thanks for the photos Glittering Tiaras!

No problem, Rachel. Regarding the skirt, I cannot tell if it's new or old. I lost my glasses and I cannot see a thing at the moment, but perhaps Dazzling, Fashionista, or Ayvee can ID the ensemble.

By the way, the photos series is from the maryenmaxima.weblog.nl. So give a big thanks to them.:flowers:

Does anyone know what the article said?

The site Mary en Maxima has still photos taken from the video on the christening. Not as clear as we'd like, but better than the video. Mary's skirt looks new; wish there had been a close-up of P. Isabella.

SGL, I gave a roughy translation of what the article said. Also, DRWs has provided the same links we posted, the BT photo series, so if you want to have another look click the link above. Also, the owner and some guy are arguing/tit for tat regarding whether or not Mary's birthday is a flag day. Soren says it isn't. The owner provides a laundry list of "yes". No big whoop, but I guess it is a serious matter.

The site Mary en Maxima has still photos taken from the video on the christening. Not as clear as we'd like, but better than the video. Mary's skirt looks new; wish there had been a close-up of P. Isabella.

Which can be seen in post #345. :)

What is she wearing? It isn't the gold lace dress by Heart Made she wore when she was expecting Christian is it??? I can't really tell...

Thanks for the photos Glittering Tiaras!

No, it's not the lace dress worn when pregnant with Christian. The lace on this Handwerk christening has a different design. Sure would like to see a close-up though. RexFeatures.com has some photos of the christening event and the party in the evening.

-Ayvee

Also, the owner and some guy are arguing/tit for tat regarding whether or not Mary's birthday is a flag day. Soren says it isn't.
Strange that Søren says that; you just have to go out of your door to see buses carrying flags - as they certainly did where I live on Mary's birthday - and have done on Alexandra's as well before her divorce.

The skirt is so beautiful. I love the color and the detail. It looks hand-made.

Thank you Paty and Ayvee for providing all the great links and information! I appreciate it very much.

Regarding the skirt she wore to the baptism, I love it (now that I can actually see what it looks like.):D Once again, I also love the jacket/top as well. Christian is getting so big as well as Isabella. Frederik doesn't look too shabby either.

:flowers:

Last edited:
oh my i hadn't noticed the big block pattern of freds suit or marie's fur shrug and open toed shoes(LOVE the grey shoes) mary's party outfit is fabulous OH those shoes. i guess we know how mary keeps in shape picking up that big boy, he's getting tall or is it just me.

The shoes Mary wore during the evening event looked like the snake-heels Mette-marit owns :rolleyes:.
I love all their outfits: Mary's as well as Marie's.

Looking closely at some of the photos of Marie (especially the tight headshot in the second row) she looks fantastic. Although she needs to stop flipping her hair every five seconds... bad habit. Hopefully once she marries Joachim someone will style her hair and give it some body.

Mary, on the other hand, (again) looks great as usual. It's too bad we could see more shots of Isabella, but there is plenty of time for that in years to come.

Yup, the skirt is new I think. Don't remember seeing it before. It is beautiful. Marie's coat looks great too.

Thanks for the pics of the happy family....Mary looks lovely ....very elegant...love to see them smiling!!
The kids look so cute!!! Isabella is so big...

Does anyone know when Mary and Frederik go to Verbier skiing this year or if they are going at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom