Danish Royal Family, Current Events Part 5: May 2016 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I wonder why the service was held at a castle instead of a church. Maybe there will be a church service later.

I wonder why the service was held at a castle instead of a church. Maybe there will be a church service later.
It was the Danish parliament & government ceremony, not a service.

:previous: I have no experience with a state-sanctioned church, but now I understand the reason for he choice of venue. Thank you for the explanation. :flowers:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks, Eya. :flowers:

Very appropriately Frederik is wearing the mess-uniform of a major-general in the air force.

The purpose of the dinner is to honor the officers who have served in the air force for 25 years (they are recipients of the award). New recipients of the award are invited, as well as other senior officers, who have also served for 25 years.

--------------

ADDED: Here is a BT video of M&F arriving.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/midt-i-hofsorgen-hongefamilien-samles-til-traditionsrig-middag

As the court is still in mourning this dinner is less festive than it would otherwise be.

This event takes place every year on the 11th March, and the three branches of the military take turn. This year it's the air force.

Last edited:
Thanks, Polyesco. :flowers:

I must admit I'm confused. I don't understand why some wear the gala uniform while others wear the mess uniform. :ermm:

That would never happen in the army! :royalguard:
In the army, people have a pretty good idea how to dress... :cool:
But this being the air force we should be thankful they don't show up wearing leather-helmets, scarves and goggles. :online2lo:pigsfly:

:previous: Follow up.
The voices in my head have told me that the reason why some wore the mess uniform, while others wore the gala uniform, is that the ones in the gala uniforms are new recipients of the award, hence a reason for celebration, while those in the mess uniform have already received the award - but are invited for various reasons.

Whether that is correct, I don't know.

Queen Margrethe and Crown Princess Mary attended the celebrations marking the 90th anniversary of the Handcraft Fair at the Greve Museum in Greve today, March 20:

** sn.dk gallery **

Queen Margrethe and Crown Princess Mary attended the celebrations marking the 90th anniversary of the Handcraft Fair at the Greve Museum in Greve today, March 20:

** sn.dk gallery **
So nice seeing Mary with her MIL. Glad QMII has such support from her family. I'd love to see the grandchildren do some engagements with her (not formal ones of course, but fun ones).

Thanks, Iceflower & polyesco. :flowers:

Today it was more a question of mutual support as Mary was to attend the funeral of a dear friend this afternoon.
The show must go on, also for royals...

Which Victoria was this calender made for?

:previous: Presumably someone's granddaughter or daughter. Who later on donated this gift-calendar to the museum.

Looks a bit 70's to me in style. I seem to have some recollections about seeing this red-white dairy-pattern all over the place in the early 70's.

Have to admit I'd assumed it was something that QM had made as it looks so much like her advent calendars. Billed Bladet seem to think so as well if I've read their article correctly:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/se-video-dronning-margrethe-fik-mary-til-grine

QM seems to be in fine form today which is lovely to see. I can just about work out basic written Danish but I still find spoken Danish impossible to understand so if any of our Danish friends here could tell me what she was saying to cause such hilarity in the videos I'd appreciate it.

:previous: You are right. The Victoria calendar was made by QMII. ?

I couldn't quite make out what she said, but it was something about it not being that big work when there are only two grandchildren, but as more are born...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom