Danish Royal Family, Current Events Part 5: May 2016 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #13, 2017.
Written by Trine Larsen.

It's been eight years since the last State Council dinner, and only the third since 2000.
The aim is to have a dinner for each government, but reshuffles and timetables often make things difficult... Anyway, now was the time. So 22 government ministers were invited. Without spouses, because formally this is only for members of the State Council and the Crown Prince as the heir, who also has a permanent seat in the Council.

However, Mary was also present. - But of course as the host QMII can bend the rules as she wants. (And personally I doubt anyone minded, because Mary has a good reputation among the politicians and she has worked closely with several of those present).
A number of the senior officials of the court were also present (they also work closely with government ministers, that's part of their job) and QMII's Ladies in Waiting. (Perhaps to fill vacant seats at the table methinks).

It was expected that something dramatic was to be announced but nothing happened.

The PM, Lars Løkke expressed his sympathy for the victims of the terror attack in London

Mary wore a dress by Temperley London.

You can see the scans in the Belgian state visit thread.

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskekongehus/videos/494319727573280/

H.M. Queen and H.K.H. Prince Henrik celebrated their coming gold wedding ceremony with the family at Fredensborg Castle.

In the private part of Slotshaven the Queen and Prince revealed the statue "Miss Fredensborg", which is the couple's common gift to each other. The statue is designed by Prince Henrik.

Thanks, Eya. :flowers:

Well, I don't know what it is, but it's... interesting...

I see Athena and Josephine are very close. No doubt causing a lot of mischief. :lol:

As you can tell the weather is great these days. Just the right temperature for staying outdoors and do something all day.

Frederik is going to be Regent for the next few days, so perhaps QMII & PH will go on a little golden-honeymoon?

"After the unveiling of the sculpture "Miss Fredensborg", the family was gathered in the private part of Slotshaven."
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/files/styles/slideshow/public/_dsc2082.gif?itok=8F_XosoA

Christian has some sort of bandage on his leg
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/files/styles/slideshow/public/miss-fredensborg.gif?itok=R4pnkI6d

We can see young Henrik and Vincent are near the same height
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/files/styles/slideshow/public/_dsc2060.jpg?itok=P0Ff-yAj

what a nice surprise the video and pictures. Nice to see the family together

full gallery
Guldbryllupsfejring på Fredensborg Slot | Kongehuset

Reactions: eya

I heard Mary in the video. After the unveiling she was standing behind Isabella and said: "Yes, it's going to stay here from now on".
And "In 1968", perhaps explaining when their dad was born.

Last edited:
Well, that was a surprise! I think it's great the family shared this with us, even if I'm not sure quite what to make of the sculpture, (and I think I saw some of the younger members of the DRF looking similarly befuddled).

The best part of the video was the spontaneous affection between Henrik and Margrethe. I admit that I was confused by Henrik's semi exit from public life and one of the things that ran through my mind as a cause was trouble in the marriage, so it's very nice to see them looking so genuinely happy.

Aww...this was just lovely??
It was very nice that they decided to include all the family and share this with the public.

For a court that is big on pomp and splendor, it is refreshing to see such a modest family gathering.

It was great to see the family at the event. I love seeing little Josephine and Athena's relationship, it's cute that they're close to each other. Isabella looks so grown up, I didn't notice she was there at first!

A nice surprise to come home to. I also now subscribed to the DRF's channel on YouTube, so I can see the videos.

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskekongehus/videos/494319727573280/

H.M. Queen and H.K.H. Prince Henrik celebrated their coming gold wedding ceremony with the family at Fredensborg Castle.

In the private part of Slotshaven the Queen and Prince revealed the statue "Miss Fredensborg", which is the couple's common gift to each other. The statue is designed by Prince Henrik.

It looks like the family also enjoyed a boat ride before or after the sculpture unveiling. Short video of the family getting off the boat
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU95XMIFxF_/?tagged=konghenrik

That must be the boat.ride on Esrum lake, right next to Fredensborg.

Last edited:
This is so far a prediction.

An earthquake has hit Greenland, followed by a tsunami destroying most of the hamlet, Nuugaatsiaq. 78 out of 101 inhabitants have been accounted for. 4 are officially missing, they were inside a house being swept away. The rest are not yet accounted for. Some may have been out to sea, hunting or away on visits - without having told anyone.

In a society as small as Greenland this is pretty bad, so I predict that once the situation has become clear and we know how bad it is, then the DRF will visit the area. Most likely either Frederik or QMII, considering their close affiliation with Greenland.

A video of the tsunami: Mindst fire savnes efter oversvømmelser i Grønland: 11 bygninger revet i havet - TV 2

The dinners are for members of the armed forces who have served 25 years or more. This year it is the army. Next year it will be the airforce or navy.

Mary's table partners were appropriately high-ranking. A lieutenant-general and a major-general.

Our Marie was a little further down the scale, "only" two major-generals.

And Joachim was totally "out-ranked" by the lieutenant-general to his left.

QMII however, was seated next to a full general, as is proper.

Thanks, Kingen & Iceflower. :flowers:

Last edited:
The dinners are for members of the armed forces who have served 25 years or more. This year it is the army. Next year it will be the airforce or navy.

Mary's table partners were appropriately high-ranking. A lieutenant-general and a major-general.

Our Marie was a little further down the scale, "only" two major-generals.

And Joachim was totally "out-ranked" by the lieutenant-general to his left.

QMII however, was seated next to a full general, as is proper.

Thanks, Kingen & Iceflower. :flowers:

Yes, thank you for the detailed explanation. I didn't really knew how to explain the brief Danish comment in English, so your ellaboration was most welcome.

The Queen will be holding a concert at Fredensborg Castle Church, to mark the importance of the environmental and food sector for Danish society on 24 October 2017.
Privat til redaktionerne: Fredensborgkoncert for miljø- og fødevaresektoren | Kongehuset

"Over the years, concerts have been held in the royal house in Fredensborg Castle Church, where different groups of society have been invited. By 2015, where the tourism industry's efforts for Denmark were in focus. This year there will be representatives from the environment and food sector, invited to a concert and subsequent soup in the Kuppelsalen Hall at Fredensborg Castle. From the royal family, besides the Queen, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim and Princess Marie also participate."

:previous: Good heavens! :eek:
Is Frederik growing a "lokumsbræt" (= privy-seat, DK slang for that kind of beard) on his face?

No, no, no, stubbles gotta go.

If he is to have a beard a handlebar-mustache would be better. :D

why princess mary didn’t attend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom