Danish Royal Family, Current Events Part 5: May 2016 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josephine is a typically expressive little girl, just as Bella was at that age. Gosh the energy of these kids must keep Mary and Fred on their toes.
Mang Tak for the translation Muhler, excellent value for us as always.

:previous: No doubt! Things must sometimes be very lively at M&F's home!

It's also here the photos of a somewhat puzzled Josephine standing in front of her mother, were made. (Perhaps she was wondering what mormor was doing on stage. She's not a ballet-dancer, is she?!? :ohmy:)

thank you Muhler. This made me laugh, Josephine was amazed/inspired by grandmother on stage.
Glad the Queen had her family there.
The kids looked well behaved and that they enjoy the performance, but once outside, well its time to do a few dance moves. Maybe they will start the tradition of dancing around the Christmas tree

Prince Henrik, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie were in Italy(Naples and Amalfi) during the Hunt and the ballet.

It's also here the photos of a somewhat puzzled Josephine standing in front of her mother, were made. (Perhaps she was wondering what mormor was doing on stage. She's not a ballet-dancer, is she?!? :ohmy:)
Psssssst, Farmor :whistling::flowers::whistling:

Tomorrow, the Queen and Crown Prince Frederik will be attending an event together.

"H. M. The Queen and HRH The Crown Prince participates in the 10th anniversary conference of the Galathea 3 expedition.

Galathea 3 expedition proceeded from Amaliehaven 11 August 2006 and returned to Langelinie eight months later on April 25, 2007. Aboard the ship "Aries" was researchers in a number of research fields.

On the occasion of the 10th anniversary organizing Royal Danish Geographical Society, a conference on the research results, the expedition has helped so far."

H.M. Dronningen og H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager i 10-års jubilæumskonference for Galathea 3 ekspeditionen | Kongehuset
Galathea 3

Should be nice, a public event just the two of them. There was a state council today, but we don't get pictures of those. :flowers:

:previous: More information on this event
Jubilæumskonference for Galathea 3 ekspeditionen | Kongehuset
"H. M. The Queen and HRH The Crown Prince participates December 14, 2016 the 10th anniversary conference of the Galathea 3 expedition."

Frederik gave a speech and medals to three researchers
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzoYct7WQAAOUyC.jpg

the Queen
https://scontent.fsan1-1.fna.fbcdn....=9292d76bca741176418e00e6d5781aea&oe=58EDAA8D
https://www.instagram.com/p/BN_dl9QByzm/?taken-at=242886511

article from Billedbladet
Kronprins Frederik i medaljehumør | BILLED-BLADET
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi.../article/20161214_han2080_2.jpg?itok=6cbmc71p

Frederik is president and Margrethe patron of the society.
Frederik was patron Danish Expedition Foundation, which handled the planning and implementation of the third Galathea expedition.

HRH The Crown Prince

Last edited by a moderator:
(..)

Here are two pictures from the DRF website of the Queen and Frederik attending this conference.
Jubilæumskonference for Galathea 3 ekspeditionen | Kongehuset

"The conference took place at the Department of Earth Science and Nature Management, Copenhagen. In connection with the conference welcomed the Crown Prince to some students at the University of Copenhagen."
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/...ronprinsessen-og-studerende.jpg?itok=1EnTIybr

And for those that are curious, Frederik's previous involvement with this expedition:flowers:
Danish Royal Watchers

Many thanks Polyesco :flowers:

Always great to see Margrethe and Frederik on events together. Nice team :)

But a shame there isn't more pictures from a event with the Queen and the Crown Prince...

"Denmark Collection 2017
Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik Foundation and Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's Foundation supports Denmark Collection 2017 with a total of 750,000 kr."

"Denmark Collection is a public collection for the benefit of developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America, held annually in cooperation between Denmark's 12 largest humanitarian organizations and DR. The purpose is to raise money to help people in some of the poorest countries achieve the UN Millennium development goal. The collection sets this year focus on the goal number two, which is to stop hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promoting sustainable agriculture."

Danmarks Indsamling 2017 | Kongehuset

The headline in several Danish media this evening (TV2 News, BT etc.):

TV2: Mysticism about rare State Council dinner: The Queen and the Crown Prince couple will meet with the Government

Mystik om sjælden statsrådsmiddag: Dronningen og kronprinsparret skal mødes med regeringen - TV 2

The Danish Royal House and the Prime Minister announces that the dinner will be held on Wednesday at 8 pm at Amalienborg, and it is the Danish Royal House that are the hosts. The participants at the dinner is the State Council which means the Government's ministers, the Queen and the Crown Prince. This time will also Crown Princess Mary participates.

For the third time in 17 years, there will on Wednesday be held Councils of State dinner at Amalienborg. The past two were held because of Crown Prince Frederik's engagement with Mary Donaldson and the parting with a Prime Minister.

On TV2 News Facebook people guess it means either that Queen Margrethe are leaving the throne to the Crown Prince Couple or the Prime Minister will resigns:
https://www.facebook.com/tv2nyhederne/posts/1811554398860192

I have no idea what such a rare State Dinner means? I have not heard of it before, maybe because it's so rarely held.
I have no idea if it means there is something big in coming, or if it just a dinner without any real significance and it's just TV2 that create a story.
Some with more knowledge about State Dinners?

Last edited:
Considering that Queen Margrethe had a recent press conference with Belgian journalists where she made it very clear that she will NOT be abdicating as hers is a job for life.....I don't think that we can assume any major event is going to happen.

What will happen in the Kingdom of Denmark?

Also BT runs now the news about the coming Councils of State dinner at Amalienborg.

Dronning Margrethe overrasker med udtalelse: Er dette et tegn på, at hun vil abdicere? | BT Royale - www.bt.dk

According to the expert and lecturer at the University of Copenhagen, Sebastian Olden-Jørgensen, the Queen's response is interesting.

"I will not say that she prepares us, that she abdicates, but she creates a situation where she can make the choice without it will come as a shock. She rejects abdication - of course she does - right until the day when she did not rejects it."

About Crown Prince Frederik:

"He is as clear as he ever gets. He was definitely ready when he married Mary and had children with her. He has the Queen, he should have, and he has the family he should have. He has no obvious weaknesses which he has to overcome. He is ready and waiting, as he has done for years," explains Sebatsian Olden-Jørgensen to BT.

As I don't know anything about those rare Councils of State dinners I can't tell if this dinner means anything or it will simply turn out as just an simply Councils of State dinner for the Government, the Queen and the Crown Prince. And also Crown Princess Mary. Without any special reason.

Last edited:
BT are not the only ones.

Such dinners for the State Council are fairly rare. They only happen every few years.
They usually coincide with a significant event. Like when M&F got engaged, or when the then PM, Anders Fogh, became General Secretary for NATO.
So there are some speculations as to what might happen now.

maybe the crown prince will be the regent like the hereditary prince of Liechtenstein .

Something like that has crossed my mind.

BT are not the only ones.

Such dinners for the State Council are fairly rare. They only happen every few years.
They usually coincide with a significant event. Like when M&F got engaged, or when the then PM, Anders Fogh, became General Secretary for NATO.
So there are some speculations as to what might happen now.

Muhler, I know you're our Danish Royal expert. What seems most likely to you right now? What is the dominant story in Danish media?

Muhler, I know you're our Danish Royal expert. What seems most likely to you right now? What is the dominant story in Danish media?

Thank you. :flowers:

But not an expert here though. :ermm:

I don't know.
BT has in a previous article written about something QMII said in the interview with Belgian TV, that she and PH are getting old.
So the thought of some kind of official semi-retirement, with M&F officially taking over in everything but title may be a likely thing.
I.e. a kind of regency for M&F.

Perhaps because QMII will focus on looking after PH?
But then PH is alive and well enough to travel to Egypt and the West Indies... On his own.

I won't even rule out a divorce, even though I consider it most unlikely.

There is also the possibility that QMII has been diagnosed with something and will abdicate. A morbid thought, I know, but a possibility.

Then there is the possibility that this is simply a dinner and that's it.

But such dinners are rare. It's actually only the third such dinner since 2000. In 2003 in connection with M&F getting engaged and again in 2009, when a PM left for an international post.
- I don't think there is any danger our current PM will leave the seat he has glued himself firmly to nor is there any danger of him getting an international post of any significance.
And somehow I doubt Christian is getting engaged.

TV2 wrote an article earlier today about this subject. They don't offer an explanation only that it is cause for speculation.

Mystik om sjælden statsrådsmiddag: Dronningen skal mødes med regeringen - TV 2

We can't rule out an abdication though. Because QMII would very likely deny considering such a move until everything and everybody are ready. because even hinting that she would not rule out an abdication would be sensational!

-----------------------------------------------------

On another note here are four BBs from past weeks for those interested.
BB07, 2017
BB08, 2017
BB09, 2017
BB10, 2017

Last edited:
:previous:

That all makes sense. Whatever happened, I hope all are in good health. If she does decide to abdicate, I hope it is to enjoy a retirement from public life and not because she has to.

And thank you for responding- I know very little about Danish politics and was wondering about the Prime Minister angle, which you helpfully put to rest.

Im curious to know but I guess ill have to wait.

Is there a reason other members of the family don't take part at the dinner and do you think we would get pictures? Maybe pictures depending what the dinner is about.

I would guess it's an abdication since Frederik and Mary have stepped up for some time now.
A divorce is unlikely because they seem like a string couple even though Prince Henrik has his moments.

Prime Minister stepping down, possible.

Illness, I doubt it would be announced at a dinner.

Last edited:

Who else should participate?

Prince Henrik has retired.
Council of State is only attend by the Queen and the Crown Prince. And the Crown Princess on these special events.

I hope we'll get pictures :)

But yes it is exciting. Maybe it's all just a dinner and we all get disappointed :p
BT has had frontpage articles all day today too.

Who else should participate?

Prince Henrik has retired.
Council of State is only attend by the Queen and the Crown Prince. And the Crown Princess on these special events.

I hope we'll get pictures :)

But yes it is exciting. Maybe it's all just a dinner and we all get disappointed :p
BT has had frontpage articles all day today too.

Prince Joachim I would have thought.

I would be disappointed if it was just a dinner and no pictures to add to that :whistling:

Strange! What does BT know that they have kept this event on their front pages? I just don't think it necessarily means an abdication when just last week QMII made it clear that her role as Queen is one for life. Am I incorrect for thinking this?
Also, the Queen 's public birthday greeting at Marselisborg and her summer tours have been announced. I doubt that these events would have been made public if she intended to abdicate.

Last edited:
Im curious to know but I guess ill have to wait.

Is there a reason other members of the family don't take part at the dinner and do you think we would get pictures? Maybe pictures depending what the dinner is about.

I would guess it's an abdication since Frederik and Mary have stepped up for some time now.
A divorce is unlikely because they seem like a string couple even though Prince Henrik has his moments.

Prime Minister stepping down, possible.

Illness, I doubt it would be announced at a dinner.

That one I think it's safe to rule out. The PM, Lars Løkke, know that oblivion awaits him (probably a seat in the EU-Parliament) should he retire, or call for a general election. And he intends to remain sitting on his comfortable seat for as long as possible. - How else can he afford his shoes or hosting family-events? :whistling:
- Long story, but the resident Danes know what I'm talking about. :p

Prince Joachim I would have thought.

Prince Joachim has nothing to do with the State Council. He is not the heir.

From the TV2.dk article:
"Participants at the dinner is the State Council, which consists of government ministers, the queen and the crown prince."

So why is Mary there? That indicates something royal family related (abdication etc) and not politics related.

In case it's about Frederik stepping up, I hope it's abdication and not regent. Regent is neither fish nor flesh.

While we are speculating, how about Henrik stepping out of retirement and getting the King consort title?? :D:whistling:

I understand your point. But now it's a dinner, not a normal State Council. Mary is never involved in the Council of State, which consists of government ministers, the Queen and the Crown Prince.

But Frederik and Mary obvious support each other and participate in each other's events as soon as they can get to it. So maybe - because it's a big dinner - Frederik simply choose to have Mary with him. Without a specific reason besides they are a couple and obvious enjoy doing the things together as a couple. Something I think will reflect also the way they will be Regent Couple in some years - they will do things together.

But it may also be that there is a special reason to Mary to participant. We will see on Wednesday.

If it is because of something big, I guess we will get certainty or a press release before the dinner on Wednesday night?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom