Danish Royal Family, Current Events Part 5: May 2016 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love the headline. CP Frederick injured in 'private' trampoline accident :lol:

I hear public trampoline accidents are much worse :p

Thanks for the pictures :flowers:

What a lovely surprise it was to see Christian and Isabella today. And what a good idea to let those two step in and be 'stand-in' for their father today. In the line-up beside their mother who clearly was proud and the whole time explained to them what happened along the way.

I'm impressed with how well they did it. They are good brought up, but with an obvious naturalness, charm and a twinkle in the eye ;)

I just heard QMII will remain sitting during the reception. Her back must really be killing her!
Wonder who will represent the DRF to Thailand?
Frederik is very doubtful.
My guess will be Mary.
Slightly off topic of course but I couldn't help wondering.

I guess both Frederik and Mary. The Court says today, at it is not expected that the accident has any implications on the Crown Prince's other official activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Carlota, for the info on the Thai funeral.
We can hope both QMII and Frederik are better when that takes place. - Unless Mary starts to jump as well...

I guess we can rule PH out by now.... - On the other hand I wouldn't be that surprised if he was injured in a trampoline accident as well. :p

QMII has on several occasions said that if you are a mother of two active boys, you can either live in perpetual fright or resign to the odd broken bone from time to time. - And that extends to way beyond boyhood. :D

Thanks, Polyesco. :flowers:
That illustrates it much better.

What happened during the reception was that while the rest of the DRF mingled, QMII remained sitting. Instead a number of people were brought up to her for a little chat. - Unfortunately not all, that wasn't possible. But my guess is that she congratulated the medal-winners personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by carlota
QMII referred to Frederik's accident in her speech. Saying he was sorry he couldn't attend and added: "When you jump in a trampoline when you are almost 50, it is perhaps not so strange that it goes wrong. But he's well, he's just not allowed to play along here".
She says the above at 0:29 - in her usual style...
Dronningen om kronprinsens trampolinulykke: Ikke så mærkeligt at det gik galt - TV 2
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks so much for translating the Queen's comment, although I think I still would have LOLed just watching the video. I hope someone has or will do gifs.

The Crown Princess greeting the athletes is in great form,

What a great comment from the Queen. Perfect! Lovely that Christian and Isabella were there. They are growing up do fast. Christians' hair has turned dark.

:previous: agree.

and now a cute picture of Christian and Mary.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cI--yN8O...zwu3t4LcEJ6NfACLcB/s595/Royal-reception-9.jpg
He is growing up fast and learning his future role, but he is still mama's little boy
I could be wrong, but wasn't this the part where Queen M said something about Christian's father having an accident, and accident which Christian witnessed? An accident which could have had very serious consequense and which, at that point, must have been quite a shock to his son, his wife and others too. In the Danish press, some doctors said, that Frederik was lucky, that he could have been much more seriously injured.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but wasn't this the part where Queen M said something about Christian's father having an accident, and accident which Christian witnessed? An accident which could have had very serious consequense and which, at that point, must have been quite a schock to his son, his wife and others too. In the Danish press, some doctors said, that Frederik was lucky, that he could have been much more seriously injured.

it might be
here is a video that shows the CP family briefly when the Queen made her speech
VIDEO Dronningen joker: Kronprinsens trampolinuheld er ikke mærkeligt, når han er næsten 50 år | Nyheder | DR

I also read that if the fracture was more serious an operation would have been needed so "just" using a brace was a good sign.
Here is more info with a picture of Frederik and Christian at the gym just before the accident
Se billedet: Frede fotograferet lige før ulykke – Ekstra Bladet
:flowers:

Yes, but perhaps it's wiser to downplay the whole thing - also for the sake of the children.
I think mormor Margrethe's words weigh heavier than the papers.

And QMII is right. The number of middle-aged dads injuring themselves every year here in DK showing off for their children could easily fill a concert hall! :lol:

it might be
here is a video that shows the CP family briefly when the Queen made her speech
VIDEO Dronningen joker: Kronprinsens trampolinuheld er ikke mærkeligt, når han er næsten 50 år | Nyheder | DR

I also read that if the fracture was more serious an operation would have been needed so "just" using a brace was a good sign.
Here is more info with a picture of Frederik and Christian at the gym just before the accident
Se billedet: Frede fotograferet lige før ulykke – Ekstra Bladet
:flowers:
Someone sold a private photo to Ekstra Bladet...:ermm:

I didn't mean "just" an operation. There was mentioning of much more serious things somewhere in the press, the word "paralyzed" was mentioned somewhere.

Lovely to see QM, CPM, PC, Ps I, PJ and Ps Marie together at this event honoring Danish Olympic athletes. :)

Today, "H. M. The Queen will host a reception on the occasion of the Danish Maritime Forum. HRH Crown Princess and HRH Prince Joachim participant. Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg pm. 19:30."
H.M. Dronningen er vært ved en reception i anledning af Danish Maritime Forum | Kongehuset

It is still on the calendar, so Im guessing the Queen's back is better and she got the needed rest yesterday.
Mary was always listed as attending but Joachim was recently added. Not sure why he was not listed from the beginning since he will be presenting at this forum tomorrow.
Usually it is Frederik with Mary hosting this event (as Frederik presents in this forum), but this year Frederik will be traveling to Switzerland for two days of IOC meetings and coordination commission meetings for the Youth Olympic Games in 2020. :flowers:

Perhaps Joachim is on stand-by?

More than 500 guests is a handful for just one royal, I.e. Mary - should QMII still be down.
And Joachim is involved in quite a lot in regards to the maritime businesses and education here in DK.

Isn't Frederik recovering from his back injury? Mary may be heading to Switzerland. Joachim may stand in for the Queen.

Isn't Frederik recovering from his back injury? Mary may be heading to Switzerland. Joachim may stand in for the Queen.

Frederik has a neck injury, but at the time it was announced that it would not affect his calendar. So far he is still listed as attending the meetings tomorrow in Switzerland.

yes, Joachim will be presenting tomorrow at the forum, that's why i found it a little bit weird that he wasn't included as attending this reception in the first place.
but it will be nice to see all three tonight :flowers:

Neck injury.
I don't think Mary can stand in for IOC Coordination Committee meetings. According to the calendar, Frederik will be in Lausanne for the next two days.

Queen Margrethe, CP Mary and Prince Joachim are all attending this reception.

Last edited:
Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

QMII looks in fine form again.

glad all three sisters can come together for this event

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

I think the generations within the DRF should appear together more often on the job.
It adds something IMO. Can't exactly put my finger on what it is, but it just adds something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom