Danish Royal Family, Current Events 3: April 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was already such a brilliant perfomance to lose only one match in this tournament, even if it is a great final. Your team have some absolutely awesome players: Mikkel Hansen is extraordinary and I have no doubt this danish team will be a great challenger in the years to come.

Thank you Sancia - and yes, there are some good matches to look forward to for these teams. :flowers:

I wasn't thinking of sporting events in particular.

Me neither, as I don't see any difference in her behaviour before the wedding :) For example she behaves the same to the press like she did before, and when she is bored, you can easily see it on her face, too :)

Marie looks like she is taking a nap during the world cup final.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kongelige/danskekongelige/article1498708.eceDenmark recently played the crucial World Cup finals in men's handball.

Danes met the French, and it was a great thriller.

On the spectator ranks were the prominent guests in numbers.

Princes Joachim and Frederik have always been able to attend when Denmark has qualified for finals. But this time there were parts of the royal family who put something of a damper on the mood.

Danish jubilation - French victory
As seen in the picture there is just lots of happy smiles. Even our prime minister is up.

But the royal family French flair in the shape of Prince Henry and Princess Marie, takes both a proper doze in the middle of a Danish scoring.

About Frenchmen not getting enough sleep, or just the only ones who can see through closed eyelids - is not known.

The match ended 37-35 in favor of French, so that Denmark eventually had to pick just settle for silver at the World Championships in men's handball.

:previous:

That's not good when Marie is representing her adopted country of Denmark and also watching her home country.:p

It must be very hard (for anyone) to always look perky and interested, hour after hour, and the camera is going to catch you (for that unguarded minute), and that is what will be published (that is what sell magazines & newspapers).........

Dang link won't work for me!

Here is another link, perhaps working better for you?

Heppede prinsesse Marie på Frankrig? - TV 2 Vip

It is probably no news that Denmark unfortunately lost to France in yesterday's handball match and everyone was annoyed and saddened by the defeat - or were they?

The royals were obviously present for the big Final. Prime Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen was there with his wife and in good company with Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie.

They cheered and clapped, shouted and grew angry, but there are two of the jelly, which actually comes from the French, so maybe it was hard to get a handle on who you actually met with!

It looks like at least here that Princess Marie cheering while everyone else is annoyed tremendously.

Danish Royal Family at the 350th anniversary of High Court at Copenhagen University.
February 14, 2011

PPE Agency Copenhagen

WOW! La Marie looks absolutely gorgeous on this Valentine's Day...wouldn't you agree Muhler?!:flowers::)

I really miss CP Mary though!:p:lol:

WOW! La Marie looks absolutely gorgeous on this Valentine's Day...wouldn't you agree Muhler?!:flowers::)

I really miss CP Mary though!:p:lol:

:lol: Indeed. Chic is the way I'd describe la Marie.

I can add a few more historical details.
The Supreme Court was formed after the introduction of Absolutism, around 1660.
Before then the king was actually the supreme court. In fact one of the most important functions of the Danish kings before then were to travel through the kingdom and preside as a kind of travelling high court judge.
That doesn't mean that the enforcements of the laws and the vedicts before 1660 were haphazard or subjected to the whims of the king. On the contrary!
People in medieval and late medieval times were almost obsessed by sticking to the letter of the law! Presumably because the law was the only fundament for the rights of the individual back then. And everybody were fully aware of the consequences of "bending" or "interpreting" the law too freely. That could backfire!
In fact the power of the Danish kings was curbed IIRC in the 1290's. That was called a Håndfæstning and was directly inspired by the Magna Carta.
People back then were perfectly aware of what went on in neighbouring countries.
According to this, the first Håndfæstning, no Danish citizen, free or not, could be tried, imprisoned, executed or otherwise punished except after a proper trial. - Except in times of war. In which case you were, in theory, answerable for your actions afterwards.
The Old Danish Law, which existed during the middle ages was in some way superiour to the present legislation.
Nowadays, an act is legal, unless it's specifically stated in the law as being illegal.
Back then an act was considered illegal if it violated common standard or moral as viewed by your peers. I.e. the society as a whole.
- That would mean that present day speculators would be punished in medieval times because their actions violated what is (to this day) considered common moral standards. While the same speculators nowadays go free according to modern legislation.
As such they didn't need that many paragraphs in the legislation back then. Except for a number of very specific cases. Like all free men being obliged with their person to come to the defence of the kingdom, the obligation to pay taxes and so on.

As such a number of very pragmantic sentences were often handed out.
I remember one case from the 1650's I believe. A priveteer had been given a letter of marquee, but when peace broke out, he lost a very good income and turned to piracy. He was captured.
Now, instead of beheading him, it was decided to use him for something profitable for the state. He was an excellent seaman, a good leader and pretty ruthless. The solution: Let's give him a ship and send him to China. If he returns alive with his cargo, he'll be a wealthy man. If he dies on route, too bad.

Danish Royal Family at the 350th anniversary of High Court at Copenhagen University.
February 14, 2011

PPE Agency Copenhagen

Frederik is missing Mary by his side & it would've been great to see her but she is on maternity leave.
Marie looks really good, I do like the fact she sticks to the gloves, very royal & very much protocol I would say?!

I must admit this was a funny picture of Princess Benedikte, she didn't look to happy :D

I would like to see crown princess Mary at these event, but i must say that princess Marie looks wonderful!

She has just given birth to twins, we can give the woman a work break. ;)

In this pic ([DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto)
you can really see that Joachim has put tons of dark foundation on his face, but forgot the back part of his neck.
Overall, not a great result. Marie is très chic. Frederik's tie is brilliant.

no, they just show him fidgeting with his wedding ring.
i like his jacket by the way!

I am surprised that Prss Marie decided to dress down for this event. It is a good opportunity to wear a fabulous gown and look great. Also very interested in the large brooch she wore on her blue suit earlier in the day. Wonder if it is costume jewelry or not. Pity we do not have a nice close up of the brooch.

Gala dinner for the 350th anniversary of High Court at Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek in Copenhagen.

PPE Agency Gala

Here are some better pics from yesterday evening :flowers:

And here's a great gallery of the morning event:

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

;) It pleases me to notice and not least emphasize how Joachim, being a true gentleman, naturally lets his wife greet the waiting dignitaries before himself as you can see in the gallery above.
Joachim often dispense with the protocol and allow his lady take precedence. That's the way to do it. :cool:
Just as he usually make sure la Marie exit the car by the door nearest to the curb, eventhough he outranks her.

Last edited:
Marie doesn't look good. She wore sweater for gala dinner?? to bad!
Her skirt in the morning was too tight!!

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

;) It pleases me to notice and not least emphasize how Joachim, being a true gentleman, naturally lets his wife greet the waiting dignitaries before himself as you can see in the gallery above.
Joachim often dispense with the protocol and allow his lady take precedence. That's the way to do it. :cool:
Just as he usually make sure la Marie exit the car by the door nearest to the curb, eventhough he outranks her.

[irony]Well, being the gentleman that you claim he is, why oh why did he let Marie embarass herself like that :p [/irony]

[irony]Well, being the gentleman that you claim he is, why oh why did he let Marie embarass herself like that :p [/irony]

Embarass? No, no, no. :)
Joachim would never embarass his lady. That is... that is simply unthinkable. :cool:

I never said that he embarrassed her, but he let her embarrass herself :p

I never said that he embarrassed her, but he let her embarrass herself :p

:p It's the duty of a gentleman to ensure that his lady does not embarrass herself. Joachim is a gentleman, ergo la Marie did not embarrass herself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom