Danish Royal Family, Current Events 3: April 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Mary's outfit. It looked very chic. Mary look wonderful!!!!!

Mary looks tired in some of the pictures but that is expected. She looked lovely in the white dress. Nice to see the children, Christian looked so cute waving.
Why weren't Joachim & Marie at the event? Don't they usually attend?

Mary looks tired in some of the pictures but that is expected. She looked lovely in the white dress. Nice to see the children, Christian looked so cute waving.
Why weren't Joachim & Marie at the event? Don't they usually attend?

Joachim is regent until 12th, thats maybe why? :)

So are they on Dannebrog for a few days?:ermm:

They must be, it doesn't list the royal couple or princely couple as doing anything until the 12th. But just because they are on the Danneborg, that means someone has to be a regent? :ermm:

They must be, it doesn't list the royal couple or princely couple as doing anything until the 12th. But just because they are on the Danneborg, that means someone has to be a regent? :ermm:

No, Dannebrog is a residence while she is Danish territorial waters.

She is Danish territory in international waters.

And she is a sort of embassy when in foreign territorial waters - just like other warships.

However, I doubt they are staying much onboard Dannebrog with Amalienborg just five minuttes away by barge.

I guess the Regent Couple will leave for Cayz tonight, since Joachim and then Frederik are Regents.

I don't know where Frederik will be for the next two days but on the 13. he and Mary will be at the Opera attending a gala in honor of the navy.

Joachim is regent until 12th, thats maybe why? :)
Joachim is regent on 11+12 August, not today (10). He can't be regent when his mother and brother are in the country. So, that's definitely not the reason why he and Marie did not attend the parade today.

No, Dannebrog is a residence while she is Danish territorial waters.

She is Danish territory in international waters.

And she is a sort of embassy when in foreign territorial waters - just like other warships.

However, I doubt they are staying much onboard Dannebrog with Amalienborg just five minuttes away by barge.

So both Margrethe and Frederik have to be away, fully away from Denmark for the next two days because Joachim is regent? So are they on the Danneborg or where? :ermm:

Joachim is regent on 11+12 August, not today (10). He can't be regent when his mother and brother are in the country. So, that's definitely not the reason why he and Marie did not attend the parade today.

Well it doesn't list him doing an engagement today, and if they normally attend the regency was the only reason I could think of.
If Margrethe and Frederik are going away away for the next two days, they might have started travelling now. But they all must be back on the 12th.

So both Margrethe and Frederik have to be away, fully away from Denmark for the next two days because Joachim is regent? So are they on the Danneborg or where? :ermm:

Yes, unless they are otherwise unable to fullfill the duty as Monarch and regent. Anything else would be unheard of. I can't recall that has happened before.

It is Frederik who will be back on the 13. Then he will be Regent. his parents will still be away until the 22. August. Presumably in France as usual at this time of year.

There is no mentioning of what Frederik will be up to for the next two days.

Yes, unless they are otherwise unable to fullfill the duty as Monarch and regent. Anything else would be unheard of. I can't recall that has happened before.

It is Frederik who will be back on the 13. Then he will be Regent. his parents will still be away until the 22. August. Presumably in France as usual at this time of year.

There is no mentioning of what Frederik will be up to for the next two days.

He must be somewhere, sailing perhaps? :)

thank you so much, I love the photos, the comparation, one with hat the other with no hat I wonder what it is the difference in protocol this time with no hat! any other from 2009?

I don't think they were on the danneborg in 2009.

Here are pics of the second event, a reception, this time without the children:

10-08-2010 The celebration of the Danish Navy's 500 years anniversary
in Copenhagen.

** ppe gallery **

Still no pregnancy bump and she is 4 months along with twins.

Just a wee bump in the navy dress. Now for me thats just dinner!!!:lol:

Even though with the make up, you can clearly see Mary is tired. Love the dress on her & finally she is in something more figure hugging. Must say P.Henrik looks rather dressed down.

Marys bump

Our beautiful princess shows a lovely little bump in a dress I last saw in April 2008. Considering how fit the princess is from her regular runs through Fredensborg woods, this bump is just the right size for her. Remember she didn't show very much in her early stages with Prince Christian. I agree with you dazzling, she does look a bit tired, perhaps her nights are not so peaceful with this pregnancy or she may be suffering with morning sickness. At any rate both Mary and the Queen look thrilled.

Maybe she's wearing Spanx underneath and it's helping her conceal her bump.

More info on Spanx since I'm very poor at explaining things.
Welcome to Spanx.com the Official Site of Spanx by Sara Blakely
thank you for the link! I was wondering what kind of "corset"they were using underneath the gowns, speacially the gowns that they use for big events like the wedding of Victoria, now you can see how a dress would look better that way!

Still no pregnancy bump and she is 4 months along with twins.
Really!!!!:ohmy: I can see a very obvious bump in all of these photos. Lovely to see the children out with Mary too, they both look lovely. Where is Frederick for this event? Did I miss something?

I think Mary's little bump looks just about right for a four month pregnancy even with twins because at this early stage there won't be too much of a difference. We'll soon see her blooming and it can only be a good thing that she will not have to endure a heavy pregnancy during the hot summer months!

And don't forget her ample bosom. She'll be huge in about a month or so I'm sure.

I think it´s the first time i see the first hint of the bump at Mary and the dress is WAUW!!! love the coulor and the cut..

:previous:
Thanks for the pics. What a good looking family! They are ridiculously beautiful.
The Queen looks ecstatic. And Mary, oh, always svelte even at 5th or 4th month of pregnancy with twins. Hats off!
Yes picture perfect family! Mary is really incredible. She takes excellent care of herself and it shows. She has an amazing figure after having two children. I think she'll be slender and gorgeous within a very short time after the birth of her twins. She's a great role model for women.
I really like the fact that most of the royal grandchildren are going to be fairly close in age.

Really!!!!:ohmy: I can see a very obvious bump in all of these photos. Lovely to see the children out with Mary too, they both look lovely. Where is Frederick for this event? Did I miss something?
He was there - on one of the ships in his capacity as a naval officer I suppose during the anniversary celebrations for the Danish navy in Copenhagen Harbour.

He was there - on one of the ships in his capacity as a naval officer I suppose during the anniversary celebrations for the Danish navy in Copenhagen Harbour.
Thanks Userdane, I did see that not long after my post!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom